It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bradley Manning trial: judge to read verdict – live coverage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Bradley Manning trial: judge to read verdict – live coverage

www.theguardian.com

A military judge today announces her decision in the trial of the former intelligence analyst, Bradley Manning, accused of the biggest-ever leak of US state secrets.

The judge, Colonel Denise Lind, is expected to give her verdict in about three hours' time, at 1pm ET on Tuesday. Manning faces 21 counts including espionage, computer fraud and theft charges. He has already offered a guilty plea to 10 lesser charges.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
Who Is Bradley Manning?

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:

Bradley Manning Verdict Expected Today.

Video: I AM BRADLEY MANNING

edit on 30-7-2013 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Michael Hastings, who disappeared in a fiery car crash on Jun 18 also was interested in Bradley Manning's case! More "interesting" timing...

Here are some tweets:

link

@3ristar President Obama perhaps should pardon Bradley Manning.

link

1/2 "Pfc Manning also details how he tried to leak the archive of secret files to both The Washington Post and The New York Times...

link

Update on the Manning trial: news.bostonherald.com...

link

Btw, a win for @RonPaul is a win for @wikileaks and Bradley Manning.

link

and to me, barring them from visiting manning sounds like possibility of even bigger story. #wikileaks #bradleymanning

Michael Hastings was certainly working on several different stories when he was "accidented". I would not be surprised if one of them was about Manning. If you too have doubts regarding the mainstream media version of Hastings' disappearance you may want to give a look to these threads (among others):

Start with this link:Timeline of Hastings NSA Snowden Related Events

Hastings Death And The Snowden Leaks - Is There A Connection?

$100,000 Michael Hastings National Security Reporting Fellowship - A Reward To Uncover Foul Play?

Michael Hastings & WikiLeaks/Assange - this being a "companion thread" to the other two based on my sifting through Hastings' tweets

Hastings' tweets also showed support for Ron Paul: link

www.theguardian.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 30-7-2013 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MindBodySpiritComplex

The whole "trial" if you can call it that is a sham and there is no doubt the judge has been brought and corrupted.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I am sure Snowden and Wikileaks are actively following this today.

This verdict could certainly set new precedents, firstly with respect to whistleblowers and secondly with respect to media outlets publishing information from whistleblowers.

I certainly hope for the best for Manning, however the trial seems to have always leaned in the states favour, that I do think justice will necessarily be served.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
We all know he'll be found guilty, but I'm curious to see what the sentencing will be.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
He's toast. Part of me aches for him because of his dumb courage, but honestly he leaked a load of information, much of which wasn't damning but rather strengthened america's enemies. The people who work national security have a good argument against him and I don't think he'll dodge it.

I think he had good intentions, but even good intentions can be unlawful. That's what we have to remember. You can't let his "innocent-looking" youth determine the verdict. This is a lot more than just about Bradley Manning. This is about national security. It's not a game, it's real.

This is my opinion atm. If I find evidence that sways me then I'll change my opinion.

To be fair, I"ll post about somebody who feels Bradley Manning was justified and/or is innocent:
en.wikipedia.org - Daniel Ellsberg

Only reason I know about Daniel is because I heard him talking about Manning on the radio one morning a year or two ago. He backed Manning and said he would have done the same.
edit on 30-7-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I will say that there is zero chance of the military finding him not guilty of whatever they believe. The goverment won't even stop illegal spying on its citizens.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
quote from

"Kevin Gosztola ‏@kgosztola 39m

PAO tells us judge "tired of press' shenanigans." No more outbursts, clapping, high fives or otherwise "unprofessional behavior."

"clapping, high fives",,,why?? would the press be giving one another high fives,, hmmm curious

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
This is what i am able too do,,,,hopefully with the owners consent,, in mere secs,,,

Kevin Gosztola
@kgosztola

Journalist who covers #WikiLeaks, Bradley Manning, secrecy, whistleblowing, drones, etc. Co-author of book Truth & Consequences: The US vs. Bradley Manning

dissenter.firedoglake.com

Image being the NSA, and also know in mere seconds exactly where he is at,,,,scary,,,,,,

ohh hes covering the Bradley Manning, Trial,,, so he's there.

or is he????? best manical laugh,,

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Not guilty of the most serious charge but guilty to everything else.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I have to say I don't really know much about this trial. Can someone tell me where I can do some research on it or at least clue me in?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by monkey2drummer

Follow the links in the OP and read the stories, there are also a lot of links in the first reply by the OP as well.

Of course he's guilty in the eyes of the law.

If he had been a bit more circumspect about what he had released he would have a better leg to stand on, but as it is he's toast.

This doesn't change the fact of why he felt that he had to do these things in the first place.

It doesn't change the fact that Hastings had good reason to pursue the stories he has.

It doesn't change he fact that, even if Snowden is not genuine, governments the world over have misused their power almost universally since before recorded history.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Is there any chance the judge can sentence Mr. Manning to "time served"?

top topics

join