It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

iw as threatened with a hundred dollar fine by cop today

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
i went to local courthouse to bring my girlfriend her ticket money and as soon as i entered the building a deputy at the desk told me he was going to have to fine me one hundred dollars because my shirt tell was out i told him no nhe wasn't and promptly walked out the door i cam in. if he had pressed the issue i was all prepared to fight the fine n my opinion is unconstitutional as it goes against my freedom of free speech

edit on 30-7-2013 by proteus33 because: spelling while drunk

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I sense as though we're not exactly been given the full story for some reason there, lol. Either way, yes, being fined for something so trivial would be ridiculous, but with the sheer lack of information in regards to what went on exactly, how it came to be, etc etc, I can't help but wonder if there is more to it than what you said.

Just my 2 pennies worth of what I feel is a point worth making though of course. Often in cases against authority however, stories are notoriously one sided and certain crucial pieces of information somehow slip the mind.. for whatever reason.
edit on 30-7-2013 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by proteus33

So...he was going to fine you because your shirt tail was out...perhaps he was just being sarcastic and ridiculous!

Unless there is some (shirt tail) law I don't know about.

Anyway...I am sorry you went through that experience.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

LMAO sure it wasn't the fashion police

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Where did this happen?
What jurisdiction has a law requiring shirt tail to be tucked in.... that they enforce?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Was it out because you wasn't wearing any pants?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Must be a fashion police from france or italy
or better yet a closet cop yet to come out

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
court houses in the deep south, including eastern NC, the bailiffs make every guy entering the court room to tuck their shirts in, they have dragged people outside the room and threatened to arrest and fine guys!

yes...

in 2012... I SAW IT!

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by proteus33

If you think that having a shirt-tail out is "freedom of speech", you are taking the term "fashion statement" a little too literally.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

if i can have the freedom to express myself by burning the flag them i see no reason some monkey deputy should threaten me with a fine for not tucking in my tshirt. the reason i was there is because my girlfriend had a ticket for bumping a parked car with hers in a crowded parking lot no damage was done but local cop saw it and gave her a ticket
she asked for a prayer for judgement but she didn't understand she still had to pay the fine. so i got a call from her to come bring the money for her fine which i did. as soon as i went into the building where the traffic court was the deputy at the desk threatened me with a hundred dollar fine for not having my shirt tale in . i replied no u won't i handed my girl her money and walked right back out. and no i would not pay this fine because i consider it to be trivial bovine fodder from the male of the species. if i want to expess my self with my shirt out whats the big deal it was not vulgar and t can't be considered a security thing . yes i live in eastern nc. i was in the town of new bern in craven county. in my opinion this county is just tring to fine people to death

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33
reply to post by DISRAELI

if i can have the freedom to express myself by burning the flag them i see no reason some monkey deputy should threaten me with a fine for not tucking in my tshirt. the reason i was there is because my girlfriend had a ticket for bumping a parked car with hers in a crowded parking lot no damage was done but local cop saw it and gave her a ticket
she asked for a prayer for judgement but she didn't understand she still had to pay the fine. so i got a call from her to come bring the money for her fine which i did. as soon as i went into the building where the traffic court was the deputy at the desk threatened me with a hundred dollar fine for not having my shirt tale in . i replied no u won't i handed my girl her money and walked right back out. and no i would not pay this fine because i consider it to be trivial bovine fodder from the male of the species. if i want to expess my self with my shirt out whats the big deal it was not vulgar and t can't be considered a security thing . yes i live in eastern nc. i was in the town of new bern in craven county. in my opinion this county is just tring to fine people to death

ENC...lol

how did I know? lol

no offense, but I just moved away after 3 years in Washington county. WOW dude, you are way better off. Because of Cherry Point and NAS new river, you town has probably the MOST sane town there..

But the area has a local population (not military / retiree transplants), they behave like its still the 1940;s.. the business practices, the store hours, etc..

I lived on Cherry Point (capehart housing, woop woop) back in 84-86. Havelock and New Bern were more civilized in the 80's than Wash County was in 2012!

YOU HAVE no IDEA the amount of corruption in ENC law enforcement... nowhere is more corrupt..

and they ALL grovel at the feet like school girl groupies at a beiber concert whenever they meet a guy who is training at MOYOCK.. the superstars to the hick LEO's in ENC.

the CIA even has a "black bag" training facility somewhere "on the Roanoke river"

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

"The Point" isn't on the Roanoke, but is fairly close to it. I assume that's the one you're thinking of. The main one, "The Farm" isn't too far from it, just in Virginia.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I'm having trouble understanding how the cop can "fine" you $100.
Sure, maybe they can issue you a citation.
But a judge and a court have to assess a "fine" - unless you just "roll over" and the OP doesn't seem like the kind of fellow to do that.
Guess what I'm saying is that I see the cop could issue a ticket, but not fine you directly.

Unless of course the "fine money" was going straight into his/her pocket!

ganjoa

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
OP has such little detail it's hard to tell what exactly happened. Place, time, exact issue would be nice. Also, if he walked in with his pants around his ankles like a "gangsta" someone may very well have accosted him to clean up his act. In many areas of the country courthouses, and especially courtrooms, are considered formal places. Judges can demand lawyers in their court wear a suit and tie, for example, to "maintain decorum."

Same is true of restaurants. A swanky restaurant can demand men wear jacket and tie and it's not considered a "violation of free speech." (And many have a couple of spare coats behind the counter in case someone "forgets.")

Without more context this isn't even a very good story. He was NOT fined, after all. It's a non issue at this point.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
A shirt not tucked in can cover a gun tucked into a waist band.
So it can be a security issue.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
It's the South, where you pull your pants up and tuck yer dang shirt in.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

"The Point" isn't on the Roanoke, but is fairly close to it. I assume that's the one you're thinking of. The main one, "The Farm" isn't too far from it, just in Virginia.

the 'roanoke', to the friends/neighbors I had that took me fishing all the time, was the Albemarle sound west of E,C,..lol

SO, after awhile I just called it that.. lol

Are you from E.NC?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beartracker16
A shirt not tucked in can cover a gun tucked into a waist band.
So it can be a security issue.

That is the only half wit excuse I could think of also.. But my immediate questions, minutes after seeing it happen one boring day in court.

1. What about all the coats and jackets people have on? surely a gun 5 times as large could be hidden. (they don't check under coats!..ffs)

2. Females can walk around with un-tucked shirts, huge purses, etc..

SO, after going thru this in my head for quite some time, I cant think of an Acceptable reason..

better to just not live near such backwards courts systems..

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I'm glad you included yourself in the asinine comment I made.
I may have taken offense if I didn't believe you were typing with your tongue in cheek.
I also thought about coats and purses but limited my response to the shirt alone.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beartracker16

I'm glad you included yourself in the asinine comment I made.
I may have taken offense if I didn't believe you were typing with your tongue in cheek.
I also thought about coats and purses but limited my response to the shirt alone.

good to hear, my wife tells me I have "a way with words"..lol she says if I wasn't my size I wouldn't get away with it.
Then she says I talk a different language.

You are a wordsmith! I didn't mean the half wit at you at all. The first bailiff who actually said that to a citizen as the reason is the halfwit. Can you imagine how many halfwit bailiffs operate under this?

It is a halfwith thing.. tucking In shirts to DUDES ONLY, yet not checking purses, under coats, etc..

one of those things that you have to stop thinking about before UTTER MADNESS sets in out of flabbergastedness

top topics

<<   2 >>

join