It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Orders Chandra Levy Documents Unsealed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Chandra Levy ... the (maybe pregnant) girlfriend of married congressman Gary Condit, was found murdered in a park in Washington DC. back in 2001 Her remains were scattered and badly decomposed. A status hearing on the case has been scheduled for September 26 and documents have been unsealed. For a long while Gary Condit was a suspect in the eyes of many Americans. He got caught telling lies about the affair and about where he was on that date. His wife also was a suspect in the eyes of many Americans. She was on a 'surprise visit' to DC at the time Chandra Levy was murdered. The terrorist attacks of 9/11 took this case off the radar of the American public.

A man - Ingmar Guandique - was convicted of the murder. He was convicted on rather flimsy evidence. ( I don't even think it could be considered 'evidence', that's how flimsy it was). His conviction was largely based on jailhouse testimony of an inmate claiming that Guandique confessed to him many times.

CNN Judge Orders Chandra Levy Documents Unsealed

Ingmar Guandique, 31, was sentenced in 2011 to two concurrent 60-year sentences for murder with kidnapping and murder with attempted robbery in Levy's death. He was in court Monday wearing an orange jumpsuit and handcuffs.

Armando Morales, a convicted felon and former gang member, testified at Guandique's trial that Guandique confessed to him that he killed Levy. Guandique repeatedly said at his trial he had nothing to do with Levy's death.

Guandique's defense attorney, Jonathan Anderson, on Monday questioned Morales' credibility and said he had given contradictory testimony about Guandique. According to Anderson, Morales had provided information to law enforcement before about three murders.

The court sealed documents will now be unsealed. This could change the outcome of this case. At the very least, it could raise new questions.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

It will be interesting if it's found that people in high places influenced the conviction and guilt of Ingmar Guandique. Nothing surprises me when people in power are given preferential treatment when they're involved in a crime.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Was Gary Condit really in a high enough position to cover up a murder?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I still think there is more to this story than has come out. The 'evidence' against the person convicted was flimsy, at best. Maybe he really did do it, but I don't see the evidence supporting that.

new topics

top topics

join