It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detroit Cops Robbing Motorists at Gunpoint.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
reply to post by MysterX

With what money are they seriously going attempt to investigate this with? I mean they can say to the public that they are investigating it, but everyone would know that nothing was going to come of it.

edit on 30-7-2013 by tinner07 because: made a mistake

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Think of the Wild West..........

Now fast forward to 2013.

Detroit.

We will most likely never know all the facts on this situation because it is Detroit.

Nuff said

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

I hate to be the one to inform you of this, but we have been living in a police state for some time now. I think it started when tasers were developed... not real sure about that though.

When you were pulled over some thirty years ago, you exited the car, moved slowly and kept your hands out of your pockets, met the cop at the rear quarter panel of your car, and asked what you did wrong. If you did a boo-boo, you got a ticket and went about your business. If you did a little boo-boo, you got a stern talking to and maybe a written warning and went about your business. If you did a bad boo-boo, you got frisked and hauled off to jail. If you tried in any way to assault the cop, you got your butt beat down and hauled off to jail.

Simple.

Today, if you are pulled over, you sit with your hands in full sight on the steering wheel. If you exit the car, you will probably be tasered, even if told to exit the car. You will probably be arrested for something, even if that something is not moving fast enough to suit the officer (resisting arrest). If you are lucky enough to not be arrested, you will receive a ticket for something.

Today when I am pulled over, I stop the car, open the door slowly, place my feet on the ground for a few moments with my hands in plain sight on the door, then slowly stand up and walk to the rear quarter panel of the car. If I am told to stay in the car, I comply, but I leave the door open. I expect respect from the police officer, and I return that respect. Disrespect will be met with equal disrespect, and violence will be met with equal violence. Someday this will get me hurt... someday this could possibly get a policeman hurt and get me in serious trouble. But I understand that and I am too old and stubborn to change any more.

There are many more like me... and I sincerely hope they are not pulled over either. But some day I am sure they will be, at the wrong time and in the wrong place. It'll barely make the headlines, and of course will be twisted so the cop is not at fault. But like me, these people refuse to live in fear.

Gonna be rough times ahead...

TheRedneck

edit on 7/30/2013 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

If I was a cop in Detroit. I would just start robbing drug dealers. What are they gonna do? Call the cops on me? lol
reply to post by grey580

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't already do that, and not just in Detroit. You have to wonder how much money evidence a cop takes during a bust, before turning the remaining cash in as evidence.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I am shocked.............at how this even surprises anybody these days.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

The headline should read "Fake Detroit Cops" or "People Impersonating Police," don't you think?

2nd.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Actually, they were arrested and held for 48 hours...and released.
As the prosecutor cannot seem to make up his mind.

This seems to have been a planned thing.
From what I have read, it was not random.
One cops daughter had been robbed of money and her cell phone....
This action by the two cops was revenge for the attack on the daughter.

Names have yet to be released, but both are sergeants on their respective forces.

I repeat:
this was NOT a random act by two cops.

The St. Clair Shores police sergeant accused of robbing two men last week claims he sought out the pair to get what he believed they had taken from his daughter — $500 and her cellphone — according to a police source with knowledge of the investigation.

The source told The News the suburban sergeant contacted a sergeant and 20-year veteran in Detroit to assist in the matter. The two unnamed sergeants then allegedly wore their badges around their necks and drew their department-issued pistols when they allegedly robbed the two men in their 20s on July 21 at an east side Citgo gas station on French Road, police said.

The two cops drove to the station together in a private vehicle, approached the victims with their guns drawn and badges hanging from their necks. The cops then took the cellphone and cash.

From The Detroit News: www.detroitnews.com...

edit on Tue Jul 30 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
A real cop has his gun pointed at you, and they've been killing people in the news, and every dog in sight practically, and yet they're saying to just drive.

By the way if anyone ever was in my vehicle, any hijacker, I would floor it to the cop shop. I've always intended on that behavior but I think that a person will shot.
edit on 30-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

he should have taken care of business out of uniform and off the clock. or gone through lengthy court procedures and search warrents through the system of justice costing more money than what was stolen.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I have a daughter..if I had to stare at the men who pointed a gun in her face and took her money and basically changed her outlook on life for the worst, at the gas station.. would I just say "nah ill just throw my life's savings away in the court system to get him" or throw the karma card on the table and see how it plays out. I might just take the karma card and show him how it feels to have a gun shoved in his face.
edit on 31-7-2013 by Foxy1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-7-2013 by Foxy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
The OP says cops, but at present from what I can tell, it was just one cop, the rest were fake cops...It's strange to tarnish all cops in Detroit from the actions of one cop.

That being said, I'm not shocked. A cops job in Detroit must be hell and I bet the pay is pretty poor. Corruption here in Britain was at its lowest when the cops were paid well and earned a good salary. Now that they are earning next to nothing and overtime has gone out of the window, that and thanks to numerous political employment policies, they are recruiting street trash, corruption is once again going up...and they don't have anywhere near the job that Detroit cops must have. However, that is me being objective as possible and using my experience of both inside and outside of work.

As much as can try to be objective, cops that undertake such activities in my eyes are the lowest of the low. You have a duty of care to protecting the general public. Even if faced with a losing battle and morale is on the floor, a police officer's job is to protect the law abiding public at all times and as far as I'm concerned smash down on criminal scum as hard as possible.

Detroit has gone to pot, this copper should've been making sure the good men, women and children left in Detroit are as protected and looked after as well as possible, if he couldn't do that, he should've walked.

I have no time for scummy coppers like that, to be quite frank with you, I'd give him the death penalty and not think twice.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Old Detroit has a cancer. That cancer is crime.

When do we begin construction of Delta city?

edit on 31-7-2013 by DirtyD because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-7-2013 by DirtyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Ho-ly crap.

Are you kidding me???

They were originally thought to be citizens posing as fake cops. Turns out they were REAL cops!?

I wonder how often this happens.

Probably more than we know.
edit on 30-7-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

Yes,more often then you know.

And I'm sure it's not the first time it's happened in Detroit,either.

The police can be corrupt.We get it ATS.

Why this is news is beyond me.

Do any of you live near or in a major US city?

edit on 31-7-2013 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

I never said it was a random act. What I said was to point out that the law worked when the two officers were arrested. As for charges, people need to direct their anger at the Prosecuting Attorney since they, and not the police, are the ones who lay charges.

As for the comments others made about not pulling over until your in a public and well lit area that is the best advice. If you think the person pulling you over is not legitimate turn your flashers on, slow down and make your way to a public place while at the same time calling 911 to find out if the cop is real.

I have had this happen to me numerous times, and at no point have I ever berated or arrested a person for doing so.

Not all cops are bad and the lengths some people on this site will go to lump everyone into the same group just gets old and smacks of ignorance.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I would get the hell out of there by any means necessary, in fact I would have a long time ago, but if I did live there for some reason, I would ccttt my wife and kids with all the authority I could muster up, to drive to the nearest police station ANYTIME you get pulled over. That should be standard procedure if its understandably the only way the citizens feel safe.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Ive been to Detroit for a 4 hour stop point.

After 30 minutes i went back to the airport to hide till it was over.

Unlike the dance song states: Detroit is in fact not a lovely city.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen The police recommend to motorists that if you suspect that you are being pulled over by a fake cop (or a real one acting badly) then drive to the nearest precinct or police station. Here is the related story:
www.informationliberation.com...

this is advice from the police? interesting since as we have seen in another thread to do with police, "not listening and obeying cops instantly is more than enough justification for the cops to SHOOT TO KILL", and this opinion backed up by people who believe that is the way it should be. even IF the cop is IN THE WRONG, in the first place.

so bit of a pickle here.
looks like you are "dammed if you do, and dammed if you don't", listen and immediately comply with the "orders from a cop". just think of all the stories of late of things like cops "invading houses and arresting occupants" because if they did not let the police in without complaint, that the person they were looking for was likely there. cops beating people for not pulling over. a 17 year old being shot and then tazed for "not dropping a 3 inch knife and daring to move".

yeah i can see following this "advice" causing innocents to DIE. "he didn't stop and pull over when we wanted obviously they were up to no good and possibly had weapons", so we had to shoot them.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by generik

As I stated earlier I can see potential problems with this advice (see the link on Robert Leone). I guess it depends (but not necessarily known a priori) if the "cop" is real or fake. If a "fake" cop then driving to the police is the best course but if it is a "real" cop then you could anger him or her for non-compliance. The best bet not knowing then is to call 911 and give them your location to confirm that the pull over is legitimate.

edit on 31-7-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
If I was a cop in Detroit.
I would just start robbing drug dealers.
What are they gonna do?
Call the cops on me? lol

I think you'll find that this has already been happening, for a long time.

How do you suppose these drug gangs manage to stay on the streets and deal in broad daylight? There's a protection racket going on in almost every large urban area, where cops are bribed to look the other way, and no-go areas are set up for the drug lords to act as they wish with the police in their pocket.

This is inevitable when you have a police force acting to protect itself, unanswerable to the public, with senior officers more eager to ignore the crimes of their own. No police department or city wants to have this kind of story in the press, so they ignore the criminals in their own club and disown them when they have no choice but to act.

Just look at NY, where cops can be filmed beating people, attacking women with pepper spray, and the department refuses to act until there's massive legal force against them from Human rights lawyers.
Or California, where people can film cops opening fire with rubber bullets on women and children, letting their dogs go to attack innocent people, and NOTHING IS DONE about it.

Police across the USA (and elsewhere) are some of the most dangerous and corrupt people in our societies, and there is massive evidence to show that it goes from the top down.

And these idiots still wonder why people don't trust them?

edit on 31-7-2013 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Foxy1

Not everything is about money. Justice is one.

The cops should have followed the law. I have some sympathy for them, having a daughter as well, but they swore an oath to uphold the law and have the extra civil authority to do so. Once they choose to circumvent the law, they violate their oath and their authority.

With increased authority comes increased responsibility. One cannot exist without the other.

You're advocating a chaos that will lead to a complete breakdown of law and order.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join