It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detroit Cops Robbing Motorists at Gunpoint.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

The police recommend to motorists that if you suspect that you are being pulled over by a fake cop (or a real one acting badly) then drive to the nearest precinct or police station.

(Raises hand)

Isn't driving to the police station in a situation like this their equivalent of driving to the neighborhood crack house for help, after being held up down the street? Something tells me that when the robbers are following into THEIR HOUSE? You haven't found shelter....you just drove to a place that gave the crooks maximum privacy to violate you.

Detroit is a scary tale for how our nation is collapsing in slow motion. Hope and Change, indeed..... I'm hoping for ANY change about now...as I think many in Detroit sold hope to pay the bills a long time ago.
edit on 30-7-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by HanzHenry

remember when Castro emptied his prisons,, and of course u had too hire Cuban Officers,, just too get a handle.
The came Madatory hiring,,yaaaaa that worked well,,,

I am very interested in what you have to say, I do not know much really about Cuban history, but greatly intrigued.

please, take a breath and say that again.....

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

It is worse in Detroit than I thought.
The cops are actually robbing people.

So much for 'Law and Order', eh?

They have been arrested and charged havent they?

I would say Law and Order is stil present. In case you forget a law has to be broken in order to be charged with the crime.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

why?,,if u are American, u would know this?
or maybe i assume u are?
or maybe "bambino"?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

The police recommend to motorists that if you suspect that you are being pulled over by a fake cop (or a real one acting badly) then drive to the nearest precinct or police station.

(Raises hand)

Isn't driving to the police station in a situation like this their equivalent of driving to the neighborhood crack house for help, after being held up down the street? Something tells me that when the robbers are following into THEIR HOUSE? You haven't found shelter....you just drove to a place that gave the crooks maximum privacy to violate you.

Detroit is a scary tale for how our nation is collapsing in slow motion. Hope and Change, indeed..... I'm hoping for ANY change about now...as I think many in Detroit sold hope to pay the bills a long time ago.
edit on 30-7-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

let me draft off that statement like a race car driver..

1. then it is "evading".. beat down coming... high speed chase?
2. "resisting arrest" possibly, beat down coming..
3. don't Detriot PD's close at night? or a lot have closed period?
4. prepare for this, remember(while guns are pointed at you so move slowly) DONT MOVE! LET ME SEE YOURS HANDS! get out of the car and on the ground!.. with a little luck, you may make it home in one piece.. eventually..
after this of course "why didn't you just stop, you saying Im a thief? (ego automatically insulted now), Im here to protect you (I dodge bullets for you, you little civilan worm) do I look like that?"

just hope you don't get caught out alone on that cops beat..... EVER!

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

It is worse in Detroit than I thought.
The cops are actually robbing people.

So much for 'Law and Order', eh?

They have been arrested and charged havent they?

I would say Law and Order is stil present. In case you forget a law has to be broken in order to be charged with the crime.

According to the article linked in the OP, two different police officers have been charged.
But there were multiple incidents reported, we really don't know if they actually caught the officers that were doing it, or if they were the only cops doing it.

I guess the problem here is that the the guys that we entrust with enforcing the law are not only blatantly breaking it (they pulled this on a person pumping gas), but they are using their uniform and position as a means of accomplishing it.

I have a problem with that.
The fact that there was more than one officer arrested means that it wasn't just a 'rogue' officer.
edit on 30-7-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

It may be too risky to drive to a police station unless one is nearby (failure to comply with an order to pull over, etc and the potential ramifications if the cop is a 'roid head)....A real cop will not even approach the vehicle for several minutes while they run your plates. If you have a cell phone you could call 911 and report the pull over if is is suspicious (you were not doing anything wrong, the car does not look like a patrol car, etc)....still I would turn on my hazard lights and drive to a well lit (if night) and populated (if possible) area before coming to a complete stop.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Not sure what happened here ---- blank post.
edit on 30-7-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Several years ago a female friend of mine, here in Atlanta found herself being pulled over by an unmarked police car late at night. She and I had previously discussed similar issues and I had told her that, at night, I always make it a point to continue driving to a public and open place before I pull over for anyone.

She heeded this advice - and continued driving until she made her way to a 24 hour business in a well lit area before stopping for the officer.

Though she had no criminal history, the detective arrested her and charged her with a litany of offenses - all related to resisting arrest and fleeing. He never even told her why he had initiated the traffic stop. The officer was extremely angry at her and, to this day, she is emotionally scarred by the fear she felt that night.

The charges were all dropped before her case went to trial - but the damage was done. She is now mortally afraid of the police and still does not like to leave her own home after dark because of this event.

Just a slightly off topic sidebar and warning. Dirty cops feel that they are above the law and will use the law against you if you seek to protect yourself from them. Be wary and careful of them at all times.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

flag,,, ANY decent cop operatates in full light!

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Whether its all, some or one, a citizen is left to assume that any time they're getting pulled over, there's a chance they're getting at least robbed and possibly worse. To force a citizen to take that risk is unjust and so there is no soution but to suspend police authority to stop citizens at all. No more roadside police business whatsoever. They have abused that authority and thus it is recinded. Make do the best you can at the precinct.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen

It may be too risky to drive to a police station unless one is nearby (failure to comply with an order to pull over, etc and the potential ramifications if the cop is a 'roid head)....A real cop will not even approach the vehicle for several minutes while they run your plates. If you have a cell phone you could call 911 and report the pull over if is is suspicious (you were not doing anything wrong, the car does not look like a patrol car, etc)....still I would turn on my hazard lights and drive to a well lit (if night) and populated (if possible) area before coming to a complete stop.

This idea of calling 911 as you're getting pulled over is probably the most realistic best bet for anywhere in the country. Call and say you're being pulled over by a car that you're not sure is a police car whethere you're sure of it or not. At least that way you've got a fighting chance if something sketchy happens.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Compared to Robert Leone of Pennsylvania she is lucky.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Listen up. You are only getting half the story.

This guy is a Detroit cop and he found out who robbed his daughter. He recovered her cell phone and purse/money from the people who robbed her however the way in which he did it was not by the book. He has been released and has not been charged with anything yet.

I we do it 'not by the book', it is called taking the law into our own hands.
When a cop does it, he didn't follow procedure.

Right, but it's still a far cry from "Detroit cops are robbing motorists at gunpoint". This should be in the HOAX bin. One cop, got his daughter's stuff back from one criminal.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

possecion of stolen goods is an arrestable offence,,just is,,,if the guy was her boyfriend,,maybe he was doing his daughter a favour,,,ya it can be that simple.
thats why there are courts.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Listen up. You are only getting half the story.

This guy is a Detroit cop and he found out who robbed his daughter. He recovered her cell phone and purse/money from the people who robbed her however the way in which he did it was not by the book. He has been released and has not been charged with anything yet.

I we do it 'not by the book', it is called taking the law into our own hands.
When a cop does it, he didn't follow procedure.

Right, but it's still a far cry from "Detroit cops are robbing motorists at gunpoint". This should be in the HOAX bin. One cop, got his daughter's stuff back from one criminal.

so, you are happy with the methods? the audacity? the lack of proper procedure?

wow..

Train to JUDGE DREDD leaving in 4 minutes!!!

ALL ABOARD!!

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
"I was just get'in my stuff back."
Wasn't that OJs reasoning ?
How much time did he get ?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
drive to the nearest precinct, my ass....most of them are closed up to 18 hours a day...wtf,....I live in one of the burbs on the north side of Detoilet...everyone thinks i'm joking when I tell them it's not safe driving anywhere south of 11 mile road....this should be more proof of that.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

The thread title was from the linked article....still this thing can happen and we will see more of it as the country (and cities) deteriorates. New Orleans post Katrina; cops looted stores and even stole Cadillacs from a local dealership as well as deprived law abiding citizens of firearms without due process. There is also the story where cops in some two light town in Texas would stop people driving nice cars (ie new Dodge Challenger in one case) and throw a bag of talcum powder in the back seat and then confiscate their vehicle under the premise of drug property confiscation. Stuff like that is going to get some cops killed one day.
edit on 30-7-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

no robin hood was a loan shark and not a really nice guy........

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join