It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Custodians of the Plan to Kill all Who Won't Evolve

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthiestJesus
A question :

If David Icke gets on your thinkbox (TV) in the morning and declares war with christianity , demanding the blood of every christian man woman and child - how would the world respond ?

A: The people would take to the streets in protest of his crap.
B: Everyone would do as he says and start killing christians .
C: The people will laugh and flood the forums with humour for a week or two , giving birth to legendary memes.
D: There would be a world wide echo of ,"what the f***'s this ?", as everyone changes the channel.

C.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I dont think anybody should be killed unless they are taking / threatening the lives of others. Even then , that is the individual and not their family, colour or creed.

Your guessing is getting you nowhere here . Your mental image of me is wrong.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
allow me to share what happened that kick started the enlightenment period.
the holy roman empire had stationed their papal seat in germany. universites of higher learning, were all the rage. catholic priests were the professors at these universities, and were instructed on what subjects were taboo and what were not. (same bat time, same bat channel). they started the school of higher criticism . what this was was an attempt by the educated elite of the roman catholic religion, to prove the papal interpretation of ancient history was the most legitimate history available. to do this, they had to tear apart the ancient accounts of surrounding cultures.

one such example was The Homeric Problem, in which the author suggested that the ancient greeks could not write, during the time their ancient texts were said to be written, therefore, ancient greek history was all a lie and should be removed from historical texts. this event single handedly started the downfall of all the ancient world's texts. without greek support, which acted a lynch pin in other mediterranean histories, soon everything was removed from historical consideration except the papal interpretation..

then a resourceful student pointed out in his own critical paper on the subject, that without the support of the rest of the ancient world, the text of torah and the new testament, laws and prophets, were also subject to lack of historicity. and so, some 4500 years of history were wiped out in the course of a couple years.

later, as the enlightenment picked up steam, a new science was created -- archaeology. it was discovered about 40 years later, as a result of archaeological endeavors, that the ancient greeks could write afterall. when historians of the time were asked if they were going to correct the Homeric Problem error and reinstate the historical accounts of the greeks to their rightful place in the world's histories, they were asked "What ? You want to go back to believing in fairies?" and thus, to this day, the premise that ancient texts are not valid, has continued, even in the face of archaeology to the contrary.

i refer to this as holy roman empire version 2. same dogmatic approach, same "we know it all" positions, same exclusivity.

edit on 31-7-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AthiestJesus

Thanks for illustrating the mentality the OP is talking about. You can take comfort--for however many years ahead--that the PTB are gearing up to do to Christians exactly what your emotionality seems so in sympathy with.

Keep reciting that mantra to yourself.

It won't change reality but you'll likely find it increasingly easier to continue to deny reality and cling ever more tightly to your mantra.

I can understand why you'd want to disagree with the Supreme Court labeling Atheism as a religion.

You say your perspective is

NOT A BELIEF.

What is it?

[SNIP]

I'm curious . . . just how many seconds or minutes do you think

YOU

can function in life without . . . drum roll . . .

BELIEF?

I'm sorry for the pseudo, disingenuous, perverse so called "Christians" abuse, neglect or whatever of you. Shame on them.

However, they have not hand-cuffed you to the consequences of their perverse evils.

YOU HAVE.

You can continue to display so vividly and stridently the same attitude, ruthless hostility, arbitrary judgmentalism, abusiveness, anger, gritchy-ness etc. you seem to exalt in . . . and that sooooo mirrors what you accuse those 'evil' Christians of doing . . . the rest of your life, if you choose.

I just wouldn't recommend it.

Mod Note: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.
edit on 7/31/2013 by TheRedneck because: removed insulting sarcasm

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

There really is no need for the story .

Ancient texts are important .... but believing ancient fairytales is a sign of mental illness.

The vatican holds more non-religious text than religious ...... they have destroyed and denied many important things over time . To try and make a logical person look delusional by means of telling stories just shows how much of a mental illness religion really is.

If i presented an article written by Icke and claimed it was poof of lizard people you would see me in the same light.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

There really is no need for the story .

Ancient texts are important .... but believing ancient fairytales is a sign of mental illness.

The vatican holds more non-religious text than religious ...... they have destroyed and denied many important things over time . To try and make a logical person look delusional by means of telling stories just shows how much of a mental illness religion really is.

If i presented an article written by Icke and claimed it was poof of lizard people you would see me in the same light.

i think i can prove that most of the text is historical and basically accurate. although you might be shocked or surprised about some of my positions, i do try to base it on actual sciences.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

i think i can prove that most of the text is historical and basically accurate. although you might be shocked or surprised about some of my positions, i do try to base it on actual sciences.

I dont think you understand the size of the cover-up that all religions are taking part in ... the main ones being christians catholics and jews . And as i stated earlier - im not too keen on science either ... so it would be hard to "prove" . But by all means ... go ahead .
edit on 31-7-2013 by AthiestJesus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

reply to post by BO XIAN

It is not a religion ....

WRONG.

It has ALL the elements of RELIGION. That's why the Supreme Court affirmed it as a religion.

You may construe yourself as more brilliant and reality based than all the judges of the Supreme Court put together . . . and sometimes I might agree . . . but on this score you'd find yourself in a very small minority.

You can deny that the sun appearing to "come up" in the morning the rest of your days. It won't change the sun appearing to "come up" a bit.

and i am not defending anyone who wages wars .... i have no people no group no flock .... old men writing crap on paper doesnt make atheism a religion .... technically it doesnt even exist.

Sooooooooooooooo . . . ATHEISM

doesn't even exist.

That's a new line of 'reasoning.'

So what is it . . .

--Perverseism?
--Obstantism?
--Willfulness-ism?
--Rebellionism?
--Supreme Pride-ism?
--Vacuumism?
--Hollow Perceptionism?

--a dill pickle sundae?
--the sound of one hand clapping?
--a group of atheists pretending not to be; sitting in a circle and refusing to say anything atheistic?

What?

The belief of no belief is not a belief at all.

Ahhhhhhh so you are somehow magically striking "BELIEF" from your DAFFYNITIONARY?

Impressive. What word will you use to replace it?

Whatever word you use--however you label the

construct

belief/non-belief

you still have no answered the question . . .

HOW MANY SECONDS TO MINUTES CAN YOU FUNCTION IN DAILY LIFE WITHOUT BELIEF?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
oh i agree with icke on the lizard people thing but not necessarily with the same interpretation that he has, and only because of research i've done, such as this, from a vase dug out of a gravesite in abydos egypt, predating the post black sea flood egyptian dynasties.

and this from ancient sumerian eridu

there's alot more where those came from. i don't find it as incredible as some others might. for example, reptiles were the prevalent life form for hundreds of thousands of years. that some of them might be bipedal and sentient, wouldn't surprise me at all.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

reply to post by BO XIAN

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Thanks for your virulently hostile personal assault on my character, sanity and IQ. Impressive.

Much appreciate another illustration of the spirit, meme, attitude, culture, emotionality that the OP is all about.

Good job.

BTW, I don't write baseless posts. I have better things to do with my time.

edit on Wed Jul 31 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I'm not impressed with your assessment of the ancient texts.

They've stood the test of time a lot longer than your pontifications hereon are likely to stand.

Actually, DENIAL OF REALITY is a much greater test of mental health vs insanity.

However, you really do an incredible job of illustrating the mentality, attitude, motivations that the OP was presenting as hostile to Christians to the point of eventually seeking actively their extermination.

Impressive.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

I have no belief system

1. [color=6699FF]if

you had NO belief system,

you'd not be able to get up in the morning and function throughout the day because you couldn't anticipate anything reliably, functionally, productively. You'd NOT BE ABLE to learn from other people's experiences and would EVERY DAY HAVE TO RELEARN EVERYTHING THE HARD WAY from your own brutal experiences..

2. You'd not have a consistent string of outraged factors, structures, ideas, postulations, fantasies against Christianity or anything else.

3. You'd not find your adrenal cortex dumping so much cortisol in your blood whenever the issue of Christians and Christianity crossed your awareness.

4. Your CARDINAL DOCTRINES would not be so consistently spewed.

5. Your tenaciously held, rigidly held DOGMA would not be so consistently framed and used so habitually to assault others with

edit on 31/7/2013 by BO XIAN because: fix tag

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I agree there is a possibility , but those people wore all kinds of face masks and armour foar all kinds of reasons ..... and most of the images that show snakes seem to be more symbolic than literal

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Thanks for the additional personal, personhood insults and assaults.

Actually, IIRC, I have read the whole thread.

I have commented on your points that I felt worth commenting on.

Actually, when I was working on my dissertation research, . . . which included atheists as a sub-group with agnostics . . .

I corresponded with MMOhair sp? and she sent me IIRC THE AMERICAN ATHEIST journal.

I was shocked.

If all I had done was replace certain words and phrases with those from PENTACOSTAL CHRISTIANITY--the PREMIER JOURNAL OF ATHEISM

would have been virtually identical to a Pentecostal journal.

It was incredible.

DENIAL

THAT ATHEISM IS A RELIGION

DOESN'T CHANGE THE REALITY A MICROGRAM or gnat's fart's worth.
BTW, it

IS POSSIBLE

to be negative about a belief, a perspective, an opinion, an idea, a conviction etc.

WITHOUT ASSAULTING AND INSULTING THE PERSON.

Evidently you PREFER to insult and assault the person.

That's REAL QUALITY CHARACTER, THAT.

If you limited your assaults to the ideas, opinions and avoided using "you" with a negative label, your ideas would probably be respected at least slightly more.

edit on 31/7/2013 by BO XIAN because: addition

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Hold on you have assaulted me today already....and then edited it out.
Whats the word for that?

Oh and stop ranting and shouting...
edit on 31-7-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

I agree there is a possibility , but those people wore all kinds of face masks and armour foar all kinds of reasons ..... and most of the images that show snakes seem to be more symbolic than literal

i don't think so. i think the masks were later, in veneration of the originals. but that's based on the information from all over the world. i mean we have monkey people and they are the premier evolution of the advent of mammals on the planet. before that, there's no telling, but i like to think that every advent of a classification of species, et. al, amphibian, reptilian, etc, on the planet, had their sentient caretakers / overseers.

here's an interesting article
scienceblogs.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN

reply to post by undo

I have no belief system

1. [color=6699FF]if

you had NO belief system,

you'd not be able to get up in the morning and function throughout the day because you couldn't anticipate anything reliably, functionally, productively. You'd NOT BE ABLE to learn from other people's experiences and would EVERY DAY HAVE TO RELEARN EVERYTHING THE HARD WAY from your own brutal experiences..

2. You'd not have a consistent string of outraged factors, structures, ideas, postulations, fantasies against Christianity or anything else.

3. You'd not find your adrenal cortex dumping so much cortisol in your blood whenever the issue of Christians and Christianity crossed your awareness.

4. Your CARDINAL DOCTRINES would not be so consistently spewed.

5. Your tenaciously held, rigidly held DOGMA would not be so consistently framed and used so habitually to assault others with

edit on 31/7/2013 by BO XIAN because: fix tag

It's quite simple, he believes all Christians are stupid, illogical, and believe in fairy tales. I call that a doctrine and belief system. He believes I am sure that if he jumps off a 10 story building and hits the ground it will hurt if not kill him. He believes if a person pulls a gun on him and shoots him he will be hurt. All of that is a belief system. They would be true regarding gravity and pain.

AJ is simply here for attention and to derail this thread. DNFTT

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

reply to post by undo

i don't think so. i think the masks were later, in veneration of the originals. but that's based on the information from all over the world. i mean we have monkey people and they are the premier evolution of the advent of mammals on the planet. before that, there's no telling, but i like to think that every advent of a classification of species, et. al, amphibian, reptilian, etc, on the planet, had their sentient caretakers / overseers.

here's an interesting article
scienceblogs.com...

Even " Cavemen " used terror for protection . It comes from observing and mimicing various animals , adapting to different environments with different threats . Our way of life comes from mimicing the likes of ants and bees .... workers providing for , and worshipping our "superiors".

The egyptians had armies ... scouts , brutes and soldiers wearing different protection for different environments ..... they werent as anti-social as most historians suggest , there is evidence of them travelling the globe , where many species existed that have since died out .

We can't overlook the little things and still see the full picture.

However , i wouldn't be that surprised if they did exist - we do , and thats enough weird for me.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join