It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto enters European Union through corrupted Victor Ponta. PM of Romania

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I ve seen a topic saying that Monsanto quit the fight to enter European Union but it looks things are not that simple.
Theyve managed somehow to have the Prime Minister of Romania Victor Ponta to approve a law that is allowing Genetically Modified Organisms to be grown in Special Areas of Conservation and Special Protection Areas. This law is The Law No 226 from 2013

This is a heavy blow done to the environment done by some ruthless corrupted grredy pricks that will never stop.

The Prime Minister Victor Ponta has been acused of plagiarism by the Romanian Academia but he was cleared by his buddies, he didnt resign and he didnt give up his PHD title which was obtained by just copying and pasting another work.

I am amazed by the stupidity and greed of the governants.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by xxerse

With the recent rejection of GMO in the EU, it would not be surpising to
see Monsanto explore other avenues.

I see several similar stories on google search...yet they are disslimiar.
Can you please provide a link to your source?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

www.capital.ro...

thats the link to my source. Capital is a well respected news paper in Romania.

Let me get you the link to the Official Monitor where the Law is published. I will do this a bit later.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

www.avocatnet.ro... .html#axzz2aX9gkc3B

There you go mate, you can find the GMO reference at the aticle 4. Just google traslate it and it will be ebviuos enough.

If you google for the law you will find the gov official links to it.
edit on 30-7-2013 by xxerse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Some European nations have already sent Monsanto and it's products packing, only nations with corrupt governments remain pro-poison IMO.

Those who benefit from the sales of Frankenstein laboratory foods should be the ones who are forced to consume it, and leave the normal natural stuff for the rest of us. If Romania wants Monsanto food, then we should make sure just Romania eats it.

Same goes for other nations - You allow it, you eat it.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxerse

www.capital.ro...

Thanks!

Used google translate for the article:
translate.google.com... l-s-a-dat-liber-la-organismele-modificate-genetic-184809.html

It's official. Project approving Government Emergency Ordinance amending and supplementing nr.164/2008 Government Emergency Ordinance no.195/2005 environmental protection became law. The Law No. 226/2013 was published in Official Gazette no. 438 of 18 July 2013.

The law allows the cultivation of GM crops in protected areas of community interest Natura 2000 site.

Article I, section 15 (4) of Article 52 shall be amended to read as follows: "'(4) in protected natural areas, community interest, nationally and internationally is prohibited cultivation of genetically modified higher plants. Exception protected areas Community interest, Natura 2000, the opinion of the Romanian Academy. "

The above amendment is part of the bill approving Government Emergency Ordinance amending and supplementing nr.164/2008 Government Emergency Ordinance no.195/2005 environmental protection.

A tragedy to see this, really.

I wonder why Ponta would do such a thing, maybe someone has agreed to give him
a nice sum of money, maybe that is Monsanto.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by xxerse

ponta must be blinded by greed
to not realize monsantos actually paying him to literally poke a stick at the russian bear

after all, didn't putin the other day equate GMO's with bio-warfare?

his name, ponta, interestingly could be translated as point or tip [victory spear]
hmmm nazi allusion?
[Odin's gungir or spear of longinus?]

even more ironic is the need for romanians to take heed of their national anthem

Anthem: Deșteaptă-te române!
Wake Up, Romanian!

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join