It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Art Bell Returning to Radio Sept. 16 with "Art Bell's Dark Matter"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   

flossy666
reply to post by SeriousIndividual

I have Sirius XM radio (to listen to the Howard Stern show). I've listened to Art's new show a little bit and if I had to pick, I would choose George Noory's show over Art's. I know Art started it all, but I sincerely think George does it better than him now. Art's show just moves a little too slowly for me at times and I think George just sounds sharper on the radio than Art.

-My two cents.

I agree. I found Art boring to listen to and his questions weren't very thought provoking.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
What a total bummer. 6 weeks in and it's already over.
Do these reasons sound plausible enough to shut the show down?

Art Bell Leaves SiriusXM

Art Bell, the radio icon that joined the SiriusXM line-up on September 16th is leaving the air after just a month and a half. While passionate satellite radio fans may not want to hear it, his reasons for leaving boiled down to three main things:

- SiriusXM’s web player is notoriously unreliable, causing a loss of subscribers and a degraded listening experience for those who remain listening online.

- For a “caller driven” show, the caller pool for art’s show is just too small.

- International listeners have no legitimate way to hear the show.

artbell.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
That is such a bummer!

I can't tell you all how disappointed I am.

Well, he was nice to listen to for the very short time he was on at least.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

He had some guest on oh maybe a week or so ago that had made some statements about competition between his show and C2C ofr guests. These were some ghost buster gals who said they were scheduled to appear on C2C a couple nights after their appearance on Dark Matter but when the programmer at C2C found out, he basically said it's Art or Us.
They were loyal to Art. Maybe this is the real reason, inability to get guests on because they are being told to choose?

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I listened to him on shout cast streams on winamp or mobile player

I also have my own station as well as Stern's show on shout cast at my website

The Sirius player sucks, just go to shout cast am, the channels are restreamed on both shout cast and icecast anyhow

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
He'll be back ! Artbell.com

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
You know, it's funny. The first time I heard about Art's new show was yesterday! (I think it was from Twitter..) at the same time learning it was cancelled.

1. I'm glad I heard about it AFTER it was cancelled. Makes me less disappointed.
2. I don't have XM anyway.

What are Art's alternatives? Couldn't he use something like BlogTalkRadio? Does it have to be some huge thing like an actual radio station? Wouldn't everyone be able to listen on BTR with just an internet connection... international listeners included?

What does he want out of it? What was his aim? Money? Or to entertain and educate?

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Well his first episode on the 16th was the best one. Kind of slowed down from then on, but still a few good Shows. I didn't have any problems listening to him on Sirius XM. Too bad it was cancelled. I'll get to sleep earlier now. Or it's back to old episodes of Hour of the time with William Cooper. ~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

I listened to him on demand streaming through my phone. They have all of his shows on Sirius on demand if you have the mobile ap and wanted to catch anything you missed. Indy radio channel. And for the record, I never had any streaming issues either on the pc or the phone.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
We're not being told the whole story. There's no way he left due to the reasons we're being told....well, maybe if he's just selfish. Every other show on Sirius XM has to deal with these "problems" and you don't see the other popular shows ending.

Possible reasons other than what we're being told:
-Just selfish
-Used this as an excuse to leave because he's tired of radio
-Something sinister is going on behind the scenes
-He's being blackmailed
-He's terminally ill
-Being sued?
-others?
edit on 6-11-2013 by SeriousIndividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I agree! On his Twitter account he said something about slipping and hurting his back on the pavement.

But this seems like C2C all over again. (Probably being blackmailed over something & threatened.)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Live stream right now being tested...check out the link!

ArtBell.com testing audio stream for show?

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by safehouse01

That was posted on Oct. 22nd to let people know that night's show would be a replay.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Well, speak of the DEVIL...things are looking up. Has Thursday's show always said TBA or has it been updated from saying REPLAY? There may be a show tomorrow.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Let's hope that is the case. I was enjoying listening to Art again every night. ~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Now Thursday's show says: "11/07 - Thu - Waiting on SiriusXM".

They should just allow the live streaming to happen. I'm pretty sure they'll be making money regardless.
edit on 7-11-2013 by SeriousIndividual because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join