It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extraterrestrial Life..Fact or Fiction

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteNite

... i , for one, agree that there are WN

even many different kind of types
types looking like us humans -
as well as types that are humanoid like,
but types also more monstrous [ animal like] ones - varying from very huge to small stature

..as well on other planets but also in Dimensions within Earth

regards,

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
From my POV... FACT

Why?

With the size of the universe, the elements that make us are out there too. There has been ample time from 'big bang' and now to assume a form of life is out there.

we are no gem, we are not perfect. The material or matter that make us is out there too. It would be flatlanderish to think we're alone. We should be assuming were not alone and prepare for when an if we are to meet the others out there. be it 10 years from now or 10 million.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
Even if an alien race devised a way to travel through space faster than light the odds of them happening upon us are minute. There is something like 3 to 4 hundred billion stars in our galaxy if an alien race were to visit each star staying only 1 second before instantly moving to the next it would take over 9,500 years. Do the math yourself hell then for giggles figure they would stay for an hour to look around then figure how long it would take. At that point if you don’t believe the chances are extremely slim then there isn’t much else I could say. Just imagine how long it would take to explore the universe with 2 to 3 hundred billion galaxies that we know of.

edit on 29-7-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

Who says they would need to visit every star to find life. They probably have the instrumentation to detect life through out the galaxy or possibly universe from home on their own planet.
Just like our instrumentation and scientific techniques are always improving to detect planets around stars, they can probably detect life. In fact they may have already completely mapped out the galaxy where all life exists.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I'm extremely bored of this debate.

But fight for some common sense I shall!

1) ET life is already proven in microbiology.
2) What amounts as 'proof'? Footage? Statement? Scientic radar recordings? The National Security concern?

WHAT? What do you WANT as proof?

The government to say ' Guys, look, aliens are real - sorry we've lied to you since the dawn of history, and destroyed all historical records of our REAL past'....

Eh?
edit on 30-7-2013 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   

I think -- and most people think -- that alien life almost certainly exists elsewhere in the universe. However, that's not really the same as people believing that earth is being visited by these extraterrestrials.

Belief in life elsewhere and belief in aliens visiting Earth in UFOs are two different beliefs.

If you define "disclosure" as simply being mainstream science, and mainstream people in general, saying that there is almost definitely life somewhere else in the universe or galaxy, then you already got it, because virtually all of science already says this.

edit on 7/30/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Is there life outside our planet? Of course there is. The odds favor it immensely. Heck there is even a good chance that there is also intelligent life out there (there are only so many evolutionary paths). As far as visiting us, I really want to believe that they have visited us. But for now, there isn't any definitive proof of their existence. I will remain hopeful and maybe that smoking gun will show up and we can settle this question once and for all.

As far as disclosure look at my avatar. It will tell you all.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
I can recommend 3 free PDF online books to read. "ALIEN INTERVIEW", "ALIEN AGENDA" and COSMIC VOYAGE by a Prof. Brown.

I looked for the books you listed. Courtney Brown's book "Cosmic Voyage" was easy to find and is free. I read a bit of it. I would characterize his main point as follows. He believes remote viewing is something that can be replicated by anybody trained with the SRV protocols developed by the Army. It was the method used for the material in his book which he categorizes as speculative non-fiction. I found some information about him on wikipedia here at this link.

en.wikipedia.org...

I was able to find the two other titles by different authors. Are you certain Brown wrote the other two books?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteNite
Life thrives in extreme environments.. You can find life almost anywhere on earth. In the cold, dark depths of the oceans; snuggled up to piping-hot hydrothermal vents; buried under Antarctic ice and in South America's parched Atacama desert. Life can adapt to really tough conditions and most of the universe is gonna be filled with many tough habitats.

Unfortunately, with that argument the best you can say is that where life already exists (Earth), it really fills every little nook and cranny. But if you look at the other side of that argument, then it actually seems to help prove that we're the only life around. If life really does fill every nook and cranny, then why can't we easily find it someplace other than Earth? Why haven't we seen it or had any good proof of it yet? If it's "almost everywhere," after all.

It's easy to imagine there's a lot of life out there in the universe, because there's a lot of life on Earth. But that's could just be a good bit of Earth-centric thinking. No, we haven't been looking for ET life very long. But how long should it take to find something? A hundred years? Ten thousand years?

So far, we got nothing. And there's no good reason to assume life exists anywhere but on Earth. At this point, from what we know about the inhospitable nature of the universe, there's a real good chance that we're just a temporary fluke, and the only life ever, anywhere.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie

or you could look at this way. the universe is what, some say 12 to 14 billion years old. the earth is lets say five billion. so take the low number for the universe, 12 billion, subtract 5 billion that leaves 7.

now for all we know life on other planets may have devolved faster than here on earth. so other intelligent life forms could have been around for a billions of years.

then you have to realize we have no way to gauge their intelligence,or the way they might have developed their technology. also they could of found away around the laws of physics as we know them, or that what we know about physics, as you stated, could be wrong.

so it is entirely possible that they have been traveling for thousands, millions, billions of years, and just stumbled onto us. or that in the past they came here and are making return trips. when i think about this, it brings to mind the SGU in the star gate series. if we could think of something like that, who's to say that a more advance life form couldn't and haven't.

edit on 29-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)
That's right. Life rose up pretty fast on earth and that is just what we know about. The earliest forms of life we know of are still complex and may have formed about a billion years after the earth..And since they are complex they may have came from other simple life forms that we don't yet know about. But still a billion years after earth was made is very fast for life to form. And as you mentioned the universes age that give many more billions of years for life to develop elsewhere.. I believe we are not alone. To say we are not alone in this vast universe would be outrageous in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingYou

2) What amounts as 'proof'? Footage? Statement? Scientic radar recordings? The National Security concern?

The government to say ' Guys, look, aliens are real - sorry we've lied to you since the dawn of history, and destroyed all historical records of our REAL past'....

Eh?
I don't need proof my friend. Extraterrestrial life is fact. But like I said there will always be people who deny the fact. They will probably need their president to announce the facts or to meet face to face with an ET.. But for me the evidence is everywhere. We are not that special. Not at all. We are nothing but a grain of sand in this universe we live in. I just hope one day this will be common knowledge and that we will be conversing with ETs, learning about the universe, etc.
edit on 30-7-2013 by WhiteNite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Life thrives in extreme environments.. You can find life almost anywhere on earth. In the cold, dark depths of the oceans; snuggled up to piping-hot hydrothermal vents; buried under Antarctic ice and in South America's parched Atacama desert. Life can adapt to really tough conditions and most of the universe is gonna be filled with many tough habitats.

Unfortunately, with that argument the best you can say is that where life already exists (Earth), it really fills every little nook and cranny. But if you look at the other side of that argument, then it actually seems to help prove that we're the only life around. If life really does fill every nook and cranny, then why can't we easily find it someplace other than Earth? Why haven't we seen it or had any good proof of it yet? If it's "almost everywhere," after all.

It's easy to imagine there's a lot of life out there in the universe, because there's a lot of life on Earth. But that's could just be a good bit of Earth-centric thinking. No, we haven't been looking for ET life very long. But how long should it take to find something? A hundred years? Ten thousand years?

So far, we got nothing. And there's no good reason to assume life exists anywhere but on Earth. At this point, from what we know about the inhospitable nature of the universe, there's a real good chance that we're just a temporary fluke, and the only life ever, anywhere.
. I'm sorry that you believe everything you are told. I must not say anything else because you are the type of person I was talkin about. Do the research and look at the evidence for yourself. I mean no offense at all but I can't argue with you because I know your kind. One day proof will go mainstream. And you will be with the group of people who are so shocked they will probably faint. If you are in the country go outside at night time away from light pollution and look into the stars. We are not alone. We are not the special. Some day we will be traveling through the stars. But we wont be going anywhere anytime soon. We are humans that have a planet able to sustain us. The resources we take for granted are precious. We all should appreciate our planet more and start taking care of it before its too late. Our planet is living and it can only take so much. The planet we call home is a magnificent place and its our responsibility to take care of our earth. Maybe it's too late.. Time will tell

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Eh?
I don't need proof my friend. Extraterrestrial life is fact. But like I said there will always be people who deny the fact. They will probably need their president to announce the facts or to meet face to face with an ET.. But for me the proof is everywhere. We are not that special. Not at all. We are nothing but a grain of sand in this universe we live in. I just hope one day this will be common knowledge and that we will be conversing with ETs, learning about the universe, etc.

Sorry, now you've take a debate that could have been intelligent, but now has reached the point of being close minded and absurd. SHOW ME ONE PIECE OF EVIDENCE FACT ANYTHING THAT SHOW ET LIFE EXISTS ANYWHERE?????? NAME AND STATE ANY EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION, AUTHENTIC AND PEER RESPECTED SCIENTIFIC PAPER, ARTICLE, ANYTHING THAT INDICATES ET LIFE HAS BEEN FOUND, ACTUALLY FOUND ANYWHERE OTHER THAN HERE......EARTH!!!!!!!

Most reasonable, logical people think there is more than a good chance that some type of ET life exists, in fact most would love to find it. But my friend, you have closed the argument with your harshness, gotta be your way, and not accepting the FACTS, no ET life has been found yet!!! PERIOD!!
edit on 30-7-2013 by ItDepends because: grammatical correction

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItDepends

Eh?
I don't need proof my friend. Extraterrestrial life is fact. But like I said there will always be people who deny the fact. They will probably need their president to announce the facts or to meet face to face with an ET.. But for me the proof is everywhere. We are not that special. Not at all. We are nothing but a grain of sand in this universe we live in. I just hope one day this will be common knowledge and that we will be conversing with ETs, learning about the universe, etc.

Sorry, now you've take a debate that could have been intelligent, but now has reached the point of being close minded and absurd. SHOW ME ONE PIECE OF EVIDENCE FACT ANYTHING THAT SHOW ET LIFE EXISTS ANYWHERE?????? NAME AND STATE ANY EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION, AUTHENTIC AND PEER RESPECTED SCIENTIFIC PAPER, ARTICLE, ANYTHING THAT INDICATES ET LIFE HAS BEEN FOUND, ACTUALLY FOUND ANYWHERE OTHER THAN HERE......EARTH!!!!!!!

Most reasonable, logical people think there is more than a good chance that some type of ET life exists, in fact most would love to find it. But my friend, you have closed the argument with your harshness, gotta be your way, and not accepting the FACTS, no ET life has been found yet!!! PERIOD!!
. I wasn't harsh my friend.. Your coming off quite harsh yourself though.
I never said ET life has been found. I said the evidence is there if you wish to look for yourself and I'm sure you won't do that. Read some more before you go off like that. I admitted proof hasn't been provided by anybody. Like i said and if you read you wouldve seen that my argument is one of probability.

edit on 30-7-2013 by WhiteNite because: Denying the ignorance

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BullwinkleKicksButt

Even if an alien race devised a way to travel through space faster than light the odds of them happening upon us are minute. There is something like 3 to 4 hundred billion stars in our galaxy if an alien race were to visit each star staying only 1 second before instantly moving to the next it would take over 9,500 years. Do the math yourself hell then for giggles figure they would stay for an hour to look around then figure how long it would take. At that point if you don’t believe the chances are extremely slim then there isn’t much else I could say. Just imagine how long it would take to explore the universe with 2 to 3 hundred billion galaxies that we know of.

Who says they would need to visit every star to find life. They probably have the instrumentation to detect life through out the galaxy or possibly universe from home on their own planet.
Just like our instrumentation and scientific techniques are always improving to detect planets around stars, they can probably detect life. In fact they may have already completely mapped out the galaxy where all life exists.

With that do you really think they would be dumb enough to be caught on camera, radar, or have the need to make contact if they were that advanced? Hell even the US military is smart enough to make stealth craft yet ET can't? If anything you just reinforced the reasoning that they have never been here.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by BullwinkleKicksButt

With that do you really think they would be dumb enough to be caught on camera, radar, or have the need to make contact if they were that advanced? Hell even the US military is smart enough to make stealth craft yet ET can't? If anything you just reinforced the reasoning that they have never been here.
I agree..i believe if they want to make themselves known they will. And they can just as easily stay in the dark so to speak. but yea we can make aircraft invisible to radar. Maybe if ets are a just few thousand years ahead of us they can make their craft totally invisible. Exciting stuff...

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Aliens which are actually demons work with tptb to run the planet. So ya at the highest level there are coverups but it's not like little green men flying around the universe in space ships, coming from other galaxies like in the movies. Not at all.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by spartacus699

Aliens which are actually demons work with tptb to run the planet. So ya at the highest level there are coverups but it's not like little green men flying around the universe in space ships, coming from other galaxies like in the movies. Not at all.
Well I dunno about aliens being demons but I would agree there is no little green men combing the universe looking for whatever they look for. But evidence suppression is going strong. Whatever they don't want us to know they will go above and beyond covering it up.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

. I wasn't harsh my friend.. Your coming off quite harsh yourself though.
I never said ET life has been found. I said the evidence is there if you wish to look for yourself and I'm sure you won't do that. Read some more before you go off like that. I admitted proof hasn't been provided by anybody. Like i said and if you read you wouldve seen that my argument is one of probability.

edit on 30-7-2013 by WhiteNite because: Denying the ignorance

Look, I'm just reading what you wrote:

Eh?
I don't need proof my friend. Extraterrestrial life is fact. But like I said there will always be people who deny the fact. They will probably need their president to announce the facts or to meet face to face with an ET.. But for me the evidence is everywhere. We are not that special. Not at all. We are nothing but a grain of sand in this universe we live in. I just hope one day this will be common knowledge and that we will be conversing with ETs, learning about the universe, etc.

Do YOU SEE YOUR OWN WORDS??????? ".I don't need proof my friend. Extraterrestrial life is fact."

So you see, you just need to be careful, not meaning to be harsh, just pointing out conflicts in you belief system. Yes, early on you talked about probability....totally agree with that. But it was your response, above that you declare YOU don't need proof, ET Life Is FACT!!! Sorry it Ain't. That's what my reply to you was all about. I was clear and to the point. No one can make the claim you made. Probability, YES. FACT NO!!!

edit on 30-7-2013 by ItDepends because: sentence structure

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

But it was your response, above that you declare YOU don't need proof, ET Life Is FACT!!! Sorry it Ain't. That's what my reply to you was all about. I was clear and to the point. No one can make the claim you made. Probability, YES. FACT NO!!!
reply to post by ItDepends

I see what you mean.. i said i don't need proof because I believe. To me ET life is fact. Sorry I should've added that to me it's fact. But I did say that I don't need proof. I don't need it because I already believe but since it is not proven most would need proof.. Sorry for coming off harshly about that.. it's still mostly an argument of probability because we both know nothing is mainstream. Maybe someday it will be. But what do you think personally? I haven't seen anything out of this world but I believe in ET life.. What are your thoughts about ET life?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
they use these guys

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join