It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extraterrestrial Life..Fact or Fiction

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I have been waiting my whole life for some sort of proof aliens exist. I got excited when there was a Citizen hearing on disclosure this year. But I guess 'proof' wasn't provided.. This is what I know- Six lawmakers were paid $20,000 each to preside over the week long hearing from apr.29 to may.3 and the conclusion of two former members of congress who heard 5 days of testimony about supposed UFO landings and a government conspiracy to cover them up was that 'we are not alone'.. After the hearing when asked if he believes the government is suppressing the truth about visits by ET's, former Sen. Mike Gravel said, "very much so, the testimony was very convincing."
That was just word of mouth but I believe there is evedence suppression going on. Maybe they are already visiting earth.. Maybe they haven't but are out in the galaxy somewhere. 2 more opening posts to follow..

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteNite

I'm sure amoebas can be found on one moon or another. We haven't exactly combed the galaxy with a fine tooth implement.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
If they haven't already got here, some think It may take a while. Light speed is supposed to be the speed limit in the universe. So if aliens were 1000 light years away it would take them 1000 years to get here if they go the speed of light. However our understanding of the laws of physics can be shown to be wrong. And our understanding is certainly incomplete. So a statement of a law of physics can be broken. So I believe ET's can achieve faster than light speed assuming they have the technology. But that brings us back to whether or not they are there in the first place and I believe so. Life can be abundant in many conditions.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Life thrives in extreme environments.. You can find life almost anywhere on earth. In the cold, dark depths of the oceans; snuggled up to piping-hot hydrothermal vents; buried under Antarctic ice and in South America's parched Atacama desert. Life can adapt to really tough conditions and most of the universe is gonna be filled with many tough habitats.. The universe is a big place with a lot of stars, perhaps 50% of those stars harbor planets. There is an estimated 1 trillion planets in our galaxy alone. Surely some of those planets have undergone what earth has and developed life and eventually what we call sentient life. This argument is, of course one of probability but a very very high probability. If we are the only intelligent beings in the galaxy, or universe than we are truly a miracle. But what do my fellow ats members think? It's probable but not yet proven. So do any of you believe we are not alone in the vastness of our universe? Post pics for some evidence. I will be posting pics I have compiled.
edit on 29-7-2013 by WhiteNite because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-7-2013 by WhiteNite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I think we are not alone , but I doubt they`re actually here , or have even visited.

Like everything else this seems to have grown gradually over the years and will come to a boiling point , the point being when the U.S or whoever , rolls out an "alien" and stages a false invasion. All the signs are there , this will happen eventually . They`ve been telling us for decades .

The whole point will be to cause WORLD WIDE chaos , resulting in a combined effort to destroy the threat , lead by America of course
, and finally leading to a whole planet that is " in debt " to America. This will obviously kill off billions of people ... leaving easy pickings for the powers that be .

I just hope that if there is something good out there , another "being" that understands how corrupt our world is , they`ll step in when they feel the need to . But I very much doubt that would happen.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

I'm sure amoebas can be found on one moon or another. We haven't exactly combed the galaxy with a fine tooth implement.
Exactly.. If not intelligent life, we should at least find microbes. Maybe under mars. Maybe in under Europa's frozen ocean, or in Venus' atmosphere. Exciting stuff..

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
www.ancient-code.com... This pic shows a pyramid on the moon. I believe it is NASA lunar photograph As17-136-20680 from Apollo 17.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Fact. And there will never be any kind of "disclosure". There doesnt NEED to be. Theyve are here, theyve always been here, and they will always be here.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof...and its everywhere..past, current and in our history...

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

I agree with you but the masses don't believe.. And someday there will be an announcement of some kind. But yes disclosure isn't needed because the evidence is there but when proof is in our face an announcement or something will have to be made for the masses that don't believe however I agree they are here always have been and will be. But you know there will always be people denying fact when proof is in front of their face.. I'm glad to see I'm not alone in my beliefs.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I wanted to ask you another question though.. You believe in extraterrestrial life.. Do you believe the 'Greys' make up the majority or you think there is more races?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

or you could look at this way. the universe is what, some say 12 to 14 billion years old. the earth is lets say five billion. so take the low number for the universe, 12 billion, subtract 5 billion that leaves 7.

now for all we know life on other planets may have devolved faster than here on earth. so other intelligent life forms could have been around for a billions of years.

then you have to realize we have no way to gauge their intelligence,or the way they might have developed their technology. also they could of found away around the laws of physics as we know them, or that what we know about physics, as you stated, could be wrong.

so it is entirely possible that they have been traveling for thousands, millions, billions of years, and just stumbled onto us. or that in the past they came here and are making return trips. when i think about this, it brings to mind the SGU in the star gate series. if we could think of something like that, who's to say that a more advance life form couldn't and haven't.

edit on 29-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

My Grandmother worked at Walker Air force base when the incident supposedly happened at Roswell she said it wasn’t even news then and it didn’t become news till Hollywood started making movies about aliens. In other words she thinks it’s all hooey.

Thing is she does believe there is life out there just that it hasn’t visited us and I tend to agree.

Even if an alien race devised a way to travel through space faster than light the odds of them happening upon us are minute. There is something like 3 to 4 hundred billion stars in our galaxy if an alien race were to visit each star staying only 1 second before instantly moving to the next it would take over 9,500 years. Do the math yourself hell then for giggles figure they would stay for an hour to look around then figure how long it would take. At that point if you don’t believe the chances are extremely slim then there isn’t much else I could say. Just imagine how long it would take to explore the universe with 2 to 3 hundred billion galaxies that we know of.

edit on 29-7-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Cannot answer that because one would have to "prove" there is something called a "grey". Its just like disclosure of all this. So many wont and even wouldnt believe it even when proven...

I can recommend 3 free PDF online books to read. "ALIEN INTERVIEW", "ALIEN AGENDA" and COSMIC VOYAGE by a Prof. Brown.

They discuss (whether you believe it or not) the many races already here, why they are here and for how long. They discuss underground Martians whom look a bit like us brought here when their planet began dying...the agenda of the "greys" (more like single minded beings) and many others in our history.

If you read these books (not so many pages either)...your whole thinking will change about who they are, why they are here and will be transplanting others here, what their agendas are, and just how much of it all is for us and the beneifts of millions of interplanetary societies. Amazing stuff.

*DISCLAIMER: Since these books are FREE, downloadable online in PDF format...they give us insights that we havent even THOUGHT of or about with all this. Nothing...nothing like we discuss here. They dont need us, or anything we have in this wide universe....because there is soooo much out there of so many things we cant imagine.

I am not saying I believe any of it...but it goes far beyond the basic, almost juvenile impressions we have of it all.

I suggest reading COSMIC VOYAGE...on remote viewing...dig around after page 100 or so. And also ALIEN AGENDA. Talks about the 14 or so races here and that have been here and what they want.

Hey! These are FREE! So, whats to lose..except what you thought was or may be true...is soooo far FROM IT! Happy reading. Let us know...

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
There is something like 3 to 4 hundred billion stars in our galaxy

Actually there is a minimum of 100 billion and up to 400 billion in the observable Milky Way.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
The proof that aliens exist already is close to home, by that I mean Humanity and all life inhabiting the Earth. Surely that is enough evidence that life and intelligent life exists in the universe. Heck, humans would be perceived as aliens to another Extraterrestrial species.

With that logic, Life should be very easy to come by in the universe, it's just a matter of finding it aside from what we know exists on Earth... and that would take manned or probe missions to other worlds with the intent of finding evidence of life, even if in its simplest form. Another thing in mind is that we are looking constantly in the sky for potential "earth-like" planets. I like to think though, that if humans can't thrive on some Earth-like planets... like say the elements in the air aren't the right quantity, or say the "water" of the earth-like planet is toxic to us... well, I'm sure something else evolved to thrive in that environment.

Now my curiosity, really, is if there is life that exists in the form of antimatter...

edit on 30-7-2013 by VoidFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
while i can't speak for governments covering things up, i think it makes perfectly logical sense that not only is there an abundance of life throughout the universe, but the universe itself is alive and the whole point of its existence is to create and evolve more life..

i believe it's perfectly reasonable to consider our planet has been visited at some point, mapped, cataloged and classified by some other intelligence(s). how they got here and when is speculative..

i have never seen a ufo, meet an alien or been probed, but i believe in the existence of extraterrestrial life simply because the fundamental laws of nature that we have uncovered so far are glaringly, obviously, incontrovertibly life promoting.. why is there life on earth? because universal forces came together to create it, perfectly, everything in it's right place.. the why is speculative but we are already well on the way to understanding the how..

so yeah, in short, my opinion is; extraterrestrial life: fact.
edit on 30-7-2013 by tachyonmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Every source I looked at was different the top answer on search said 300 billion so I used that for the math so it is within the realm another search said there could be at least as many planets but maybe 10 to 20 billion earth like. So I defiantly think there is other life out there just that it hasn't visited us.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteNite

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Exactly.. If not intelligent life, we should at least find microbes. Maybe under mars. Maybe in under Europa's frozen ocean, or in Venus' atmosphere. Exciting stuff..

Yes, it is the most amazing question perhaps man has, does life exist beyond our Beautiful Earth???

Also another nice site of some other (20) spectacular photos of Earth from Space: Take your time, no rush.
Amazing images of Earth

So, I really can't think of many people who wouldn't love to know the answer to that question above. However, as of right NOW, we have found nothing, nothing at all that comes close to that beautiful planet of ours that harbors thousands of species of life.

Dare I say that anyone that says the possibility that life doesn't exist somewhere in the Universe is simply stupid, and idiot? Of course not, they are entitled to their opinion, but to say it is NOT possible is ignorance.

With that said, today, my feeling is rather simple, I want to believe that their is life out there somewhere in the universe. I want to believe there is intelligent life. As intelligent, almost as intelligent, more intelligent than us. I would really like to know. As far as microbial organisms, perhaps a much greater chance.

But at the end of the day my friends, with the technology that we have (an Keplar is great, but still can only see a fraction of what is out there), we have found absolutely, uncategorically no evidence of life anywhere else, and nothing as beautiful as the pictures above. We have found nothing.

Now has their been an alien presence that has come to Earth? Again, wouldn't it be grand. We have absolutely no proof. But ah, of course we have this little cliche' :

"absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

Ah, but we also have this as well:

In some circumstances it can be safely assumed that if a certain event had occurred, evidence of it could be discovered by qualified investigators. In such circumstances it is perfectly reasonable to take the absence of proof of its occurrence as positive proof of its non-occurrence.

Source

So my dear friends. The seemingly reasonable answer is: We don't know if life exists beyond earth. Fact. However, Facts can change at any moment upon learning and finding new facts. That's just the way I see it! I respect everyone else's opinion, you are entitled to that!!

Lastly, I would be remiss if I did not qualify my very first sentence...."the most amazing question perhaps man has, does life exist beyond our Beautiful Earth??? " Not to get off topic, but only to be fair, and since over 4 Billion people on this planet, Earth believe in a Superior Being - God, that also could be the most amazing question that man would really like to know, Is there a God?! Cheers!! ID!!!

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
Fact. And there will never be any kind of "disclosure". There doesnt NEED to be. Theyve are here, theyve always been here, and they will always be here.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof...and its everywhere..past, current and in our history...

Well that implies they're not extra terrestrial then, no?

Here's a tip OP. Does extra terrestrial life exist? 99.999999% positive it does.
Will we ever see it? 99.999999% positive we won't.

If I dumped you on an uncharted island in the middle of an ocean with a spoon, and said "Disclosure, now!" what would you do? We're not even *that* close to being able to do that in space yet.

We've got a buggy roaming around dunes with a laser. Did we put it on a boulder, a desert, or the wrong side of an oasis? It's a little bit like trying to paint the mona lisa by listening to the model.

edit on 30-7-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteNite

I agree with you but the masses don't believe.. And someday there will be an announcement of some kind. But yes disclosure isn't needed because the evidence is there but when proof is in our face an announcement or something will have to be made for the masses that don't believe however I agree they are here always have been and will be. But you know there will always be people denying fact when proof is in front of their face.. I'm glad to see I'm not alone in my beliefs.

I have no idea what people think disclosure is. That some government will come clean with "Oh hai guise, soz for troll. Suplise!!! *welcomes ET onto stage*"...

Or "Ok, we've been in contact with the plerbs on panet X for 99 years now. They want to give us peace and love."

What?

Anything they say will either be "Well sorry but there's nothing." or "We've detected a noise a trazillion light years over there."

The best we can expect is a youtube video of a blurry dot.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join