It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Madagascar inhabited long before Austronesian arrival

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS

Yes Afrocentrics do have a one track mind!

But a tad less zealous than eurocentrics who have narrow gauge minds !

(railroad track pun)
edit on 1/8/13 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
reply to post by Spider879

Yes I have read that in particular Basil Davidson book the lost cities of Africa.

Here's a question for you what is the primary source for the information on that Abu?

I guess you've never seen what people look like who live without clothes or hats on their upper bodies, nor do you seem to think about body paint and body dying.

Africans in Americas before Columbus? Nope, no evidence of it but it is possible but we don't evidence to support it.

Another curious thing is neither Portuguese or the Spanish encountered Africans at sea, nor villages that were trade ports nor items from such trade on either continent, nor native Americans in Africa or Africans in the Americas.

It would seem this trade stopped just when the Columbus trips began!

I would suspect that Columbus and his sailors would have recognized Africans vs Asian looking native Americans.

Since I know where you are going - having seen this same scenario before I'll conduct a pre-barrage mission, since I think you are heading next to Olmec claims.

Robbing Native American Cultures: Van Sertima's Afrocentricity and the Olmecs

Repeat of previous question

Question: lets image there are two twin brothers one born say three hours later than the other at a point around the great bitter lake where the arbitary Africa/Asia border line takes place. If his mother moved a bit so that first was born in Africa and his brother was born in Asia would and they were semitic blood would you consider the first brother an African and the second an 'Asian'?

One last question where the Greek who settled Cyrene also Africans?

I'm trying to determine if you are a geographist or colourist

I have modified my position on the Olmecs somewhat especially since the Luiza find in Brazil..folks that looked African may not be African,I still think there is some thing to it but you and others are challenging the Tobacco Cocaine line which I thought was a strong case, but I'll dig deeper

I am more of a geogrphist??(is that a real word??.
) I no longer go by phenotype except to buttress the sometimes obvious.. genetics and especially culture is what I mainly look at.

One more thing it helps if you read his book and not just critique of his book he went out of his way to explain in the opening chapter of his book that Native American did not wait for civilization to drop from an African heaven he was making a case for contact and influence not creation however right or wrong he may have been.
edit on 2-8-2013 by Spider879 because: Add more info

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

I did read it about 25 years ago (they came before Columbus and later Black Athena) and I can say I don't remember it very well. His work is now defined by the distilled results of THAT vigorious debate.

I meant to say earlier that just yesterday I looked something up in 'Lost cities of Africa' book by Davidson whom I met in London at breakfast at the Oriental Club. We talked about the effect of Portuguese military strategy on Trucial coast Arabs, East African tribes and the rise of the Omani empire..

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Yes Afrocentrics do have a one track mind!

But a tad less zealous than eurocentrics who have narrow gauge minds !

(railroad track pun)

You obviously have never went to youtube and typed in "Egypt" then

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spider879

The original inhabited of the Canary Islands were the Guanches, word on the street is that they were African people

YEEEsss they were African people they came from North West Africa but they also have multiple additional layers the last being Iberian..can you say E1b1b or E-M215??.. clades U6 and others are represented.
edit on 1-8-2013 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

Great!! so you finally admit that Caucasians (Berber's) have been in North/East Africa since extrema antiquity

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spider879

The original inhabited of the Canary Islands were the Guanches, word on the street is that they were African people

YEEEsss they were African people they came from North West Africa but they also have multiple additional layers the last being Iberian..can you say E1b1b or E-M215??.. clades U6 and others are represented.
edit on 1-8-2013 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

Great!! so you finally admit that Caucasians (Berber's) have been in North/East Africa since extrema antiquity

Caca..what?? I said no such thing as I don't even employ such terms btw I have been here since at-least December I have asked you to look-up E clades on a number of occasions.. I even posted a link with a lecture and pretty pictures to boot for your convenience ,but did you take the opportunity to learn something new??...H...eLL NO!!..and that's why YOU will forever remain intellectual fodder for my playtime.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I did read it about 25 years ago (they came before Columbus and later Black Athena) and I can say I don't remember it very well. His work is now defined by the distilled results of THAT vigorious debate.

I meant to say earlier that just yesterday I looked something up in 'Lost cities of Africa' book by Davidson whom I met in London at breakfast at the Oriental Club. We talked about the effect of Portuguese military strategy on Trucial coast Arabs, East African tribes and the rise of the Omani empire..

Wow how I would have loved to be a fly on the wall for that conversation...he was one of my childhood heroes he will be missed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join