It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Hastings – “Foul Play Or Not” – Do you have a plausible theory?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
reply to post by WanDash

Have you ever been to a funeral where almost everyone is fighting? Very Very sad.

I’m glad I have not been to such an event.
Hope I never do, either!
Sorry that you have.
Funerals are a bad enough experience…to begin with.

The brother making mention about that in particular leads me to believe that he already knew that there was a good possibility it was because of drugs.

That would be a typical interpretation…
And, I am not saying that it isn’t the case.

Also, with all of the family members coming together in LA is indicative of an "Intervention". That is important in my mind because typically when it comes time for an intervention everyone has already done everything else. Which, I might add is an indication that this was a problem Much Longer than the month or so prior that is being reported.

Again – this could be the case.
One thing I have found “typical” in more cases of “intervention” than not…is…a “mother hen” (male or female – doesn’t matter).
Someone who is more offended than others…and makes the others’ lives Hell…and threatens to continue making the others’ lives Hell…until the others…do what “mother hen” demands.
I have seen wives (being the “in-law”) tell absolute lies about the husband (blood)…and demand that the family do something!!!…and only after something was done…was it found that the wife was the one who’d gone tipsy – but not until “the family” (that should have known their own blood) had been swindled into defaming their child/sibling/etc…
I have seen the flip-side, as well –hubbies to wives… mother-in-laws to son & daughter in-laws… Members of the clergy to “wayward” or “suspected” parishioners…etc…
And all of that – just to say – what you’ve stated may be accurate…but, on the basis of what we know, I cannot give it more than a 50/50 vote.

As to the drugs in his system…and the “levels” of those chemicals in his system… I would guess that the ME took the points you’ve made into consideration when arriving at the conclusion…that whatever amounts he’d had in his system at the time of the accident…were not substantial to have caused such “volatile” behavior…by themselves.
He was probably used to whatever doses of hoochie that he might have embibed… If he was passed out…at sometime between 12:30 and 1:00 a.m. – he wasn’t “high” on the meth at that time…and…any “dose” taken between 12:30-1:00 a.m. and 4:00 a.m. that might have been strong enough to have caused such over-the-top behavior…(as we’re supposed to believe explains the high speed drive & crash)…would surely have shown at such levels that the ME would have at least counted it a contributing factor…
At least – that’s my take on it…at the moment.

Obviously, I can’t give an answer to whether the Ritalin incident (and subsequent rehab) was in 1999 or otherwise. I’m pretty sure I read that it was (1999)…somewhere…but…can’t find the reference at the moment.

ETA: Found the 1999 reference...in the coroner's report... The Ritalin (misuse and accident) preceded the institutionalization...in 1999.
edit on 8/22/2013 by WanDash because: Found it.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Holy heck you guys.

I had to mull things over and think things out, still working on it but while looking for more information I came across this article.

In April, a man named Erin Walker Markland drove off a mountain road near Santa Cruz and was killed. The woman who had planned to marry him, Jordanna Thigpen, was devastated. For comfort, she turned to a man who had taken up residence next door. He had been through something similar — years before, his fiancée had been killed.

In their initial conversations, he was unusually modest. It was only when she Googled his name — Michael Hastings — that she learned he was a famous war correspondent.

One night in June, he came to Thigpen's apartment after midnight and urgently asked to borrow her Volvo. He said he was afraid to drive his own car. She declined, telling him her car was having mechanical problems.

"He was scared, and he wanted to leave town," she says.

The next day, around 11:15 a.m., she got a call from her landlord, who told her Hastings had died early that morning. His car had crashed into a palm tree at 75 mph and exploded in a ball of fire.

Less than 50% of the article.

www.laweekly.com...

Now there is more to mull over.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by heavenlyalchemy
Holy heck you guys.
...One night in June, he came to Thigpen's apartment after midnight and urgently asked to borrow her Volvo. He said he was afraid to drive his own car. She declined, telling him her car was having mechanical problems.
... "He was scared, and he wanted to leave town," she says.
...The next day, around 11:15 a.m., she got a call from her landlord, who told her Hastings had died early that morning. His car had crashed into a palm tree at 75 mph and exploded in a ball of fire.

Yeah - we have discussed that a bit...
Shadellac' is not so keen on her "testimony"...
I, on the other hand, see no particular reason to doubt it...
Supposedly, one of his brother's saw him "passed out" between 12:30 and 1:00 a.m. -- and left the apartment.
She says that (sometime) "after midnight" Michael' came to her apartment asking about using her Volvo...because he was afraid to drive his own car...
A possibility I have not mentioned, before...would be --
He feels the walls closing around him (family already in L.A., another brother due to arrive the later that day)...
He's convinced (rightfully or not) that the Feds are after him...so...he doesn't want to drive his car...
He knows his brother is keeping an eye on him...and feigns passing out...'til he's sure the brother is gone for the night (after all - the brother isn't a meth-addict...and can't stay up ALL night)...
He then goes to Ms. Thigpen's to borrow her car... "to break these chains" ...it isn't available...
So - as a last resort...he hops in his "already feared" car.
And - lo and behold if...his worst fears...didn't materialize?
(the worst fear being, presumably - death)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by WanDash
The "coloring game" is kind of fun to watch...if you're inclined to "being entertained".
I don't know what to make of this...but am placing it on the table, should anyone care to partake...

As is par for the course... Read two sources...get two stories...
But - here's one that is kinda bugging me...

One of the "facts" we have been fed, states that Hastings was last seen (by a family member?) passed out sometime between 12:30 and 1:00 a.m. ...a few hours prior to the crash.

But, here, in Gene Maddau's piece, we have his next door neighbor - Jordanna Thigpen - saying that he came to her apartment after midnight and urgently asked to borrow her Volvo...because he was afraid to drive his own car. She declined telling him her car was having mechanical problems.

She added "He was scared, and he wanted to leave town..."

What would be strange about that ... Now that we know he was a total dope-head, and out of his mind delusional?
Well - why would you care about the safety of your car...only a few hours before taking your car on a super-high-speed trip through Hollywood?
edit on 8/21/2013 by WanDash because: Add End Dumb

Sorry I didn't see this post before I posted.

The whole family being there for an intervention just didn't sit well, so I had to mull things over and look over the internet because there had been whispers of this information out there from a few public figures.

It's good that someone had the cajonas to print it up.

Not only why would someone out of their mind worry about their car, but also use a seatbelt.

Also in the released report there is a statement about tire marks that go from the far lane through the next lane and into the median. That sounds like he was trying to break.

This part is painful to write and was painful to read but it is important. The autopsy says that his tongue was out and clinched between his teeth. He had to be aware.

My breaks went out on my car many years ago,as I was I was trying to pump the breaks my tongue was clinched in my teeth, I also do that when I have to break quickly. It seems a natural reaction to something like that?

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

...Not only why would someone out of their mind worry about their car, but also use a seatbelt.
...Also in the released report there is a statement about tire marks that go from the far lane through the next lane and into the median. That sounds like he was trying to break.
...This part is painful to write and was painful to read but it is important. The autopsy says that his tongue was out and clinched between his teeth. He had to be aware.
...My breaks went out on my car many years ago,as I was I was trying to pump the breaks my tongue was clinched in my teeth, I also do that when I have to break quickly. It seems a natural reaction to something like that?

The tire marks...I believe are attributable to the fact that the car was out of control (swerving) after going airborne at the Melrose Place high rise. It is obvious...when stepping pic' by pic' through the security camera footage, that the headlights were going this way and that (up, down, side to side, etc...) for at least a second (+/-) prior to the Mercedes coming into view...
The first two pic's that the Mercedes is on-screen show the car having not progressed...but the headlights changing "pitch", and the passenger-side front wheel turning to the left (some).
This vehicle instability...and trying to regain control...are ample explanations for the tire marks moving in the directions reported.
Sorry about your tongue! (Can you dunk a basketball?)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Yeah - we have discussed that a bit...
Shadellac' is not so keen on her "testimony"...
I, on the other hand, see no particular reason to doubt it...
Supposedly, one of his brother's saw him "passed out" between 12:30 and 1:00 a.m. -- and left the apartment.
She says that (sometime) "after midnight" Michael' came to her apartment asking about using her Volvo...because he was afraid to drive his own car...
A possibility I have not mentioned, before...would be --
He feels the walls closing around him (family already in L.A., another brother due to arrive the later that day)...
He's convinced (rightfully or not) that the Feds are after him...so...he doesn't want to drive his car...
He knows his brother is keeping an eye on him...and feigns passing out...'til he's sure the brother is gone for the night (after all - the brother isn't a meth-addict...and can't stay up ALL night)...
He then goes to Ms. Thigpen's to borrow her car... "to break these chains" ...it isn't available...
So - as a last resort...he hops in his "already feared" car.
And - lo and behold if...his worst fears...didn't materialize?
(the worst fear being, presumably - death)

It seems that her testimony is as believable as Micheal's brothers, and more so since it had been out there for a while, finally someone got the cajonas to print it.

I hope you were being sarcastic about the meth addict thing,. And the whole brother story sounds off, an intervention is not one brother, and where was his wife? there is no mention of any other family being out there.

I thought of the possibility of him feigning passing out though, was it here or another forum that mentioned that one brother is in the military?

If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck and looks like a duck...is it a goose?

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

The tire marks...I believe are attributable to the fact that the car was out of control (swerving) after going airborne at the Melrose Place high rise. It is obvious...when stepping pic' by pic' through the security camera footage, that the headlights were going this way and that (up, down, side to side, etc...) for at least a second (+/-) prior to the Mercedes coming into view...

Though looking at the security camera footage, it looks like a car that did go up and down, though the other effects are normal, as objects come into the beam it causes the look of swerving, As the car came into view the car was going straight, there was no swerving at all.

The first two pic's that the Mercedes is on-screen show the car having not progressed...but the headlights changing "pitch", and the passenger-side front wheel turning to the left (some).
This vehicle instability...and trying to regain control...are ample explanations for the tire marks moving in the directions reported.
Sorry about your tongue! (Can you dunk a basketball?)

The turning to the left some was probably the start of the out of control, in addition to the excess speed, if it had been swerving it seems that it would have gone the other way too.

I'm not sure if those explanations are ample for the tire marks, and the report didn't say that they swerved, it said they headed in one direction. they were pretty concise in everything else it is hard to believe that they wouldn't be in this too.

Haha, the tongue is fine thanks! And I see what you did there with the basketball question. Funny.
Wish I could.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

...It seems that her testimony is as believable as Micheal's brothers, and more so since it had been out there for a while, finally someone got the cajonas to print it.
...I hope you were being sarcastic about the meth addict thing,. And the whole brother story sounds off, an intervention is not one brother, and where was his wife? there is no mention of any other family being out there.
...I thought of the possibility of him feigning passing out though, was it here or another forum that mentioned that one brother is in the military?
...If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck and looks like a duck...is it a goose?

In this post I went through the variation on the story...as reported by four (or so) news sources...as regards the family presence.
In one story (LA Times), Michael had just returned to L.A. from NYC the day before...and one of his brother's was scheduled to arrive later the day of he accident.
In another story - "family members" had been in L.A. in the days leading up to the fateful morning, with one brother scheduled to arrive...later that day.
And, in another...there is another variation on a similar theme...but, it seems none of the articles agree 100% with the others. (Except - Michael Krikorian's account seems to mimic the L.A. Times story.)
I was being facetious/sarcastic about the meth addict thing...

One brother is an Officer in the Infantry...received the Bronze Star... This is the brother that was scheduled to arrive that day - (if I'm recalling correctly).
Don't know about the wife... Don't know if she was "among" the family members "in on" the intervention...or...what?
Quonk! Quonk!

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   

In this post I went through the variation on the story...as reported by four (or so) news sources...as regards the family presence.
In one story (LA Times), Michael had just returned to L.A. from NYC the day before...and one of his brother's was scheduled to arrive later the day of he accident.
In another story - "family members" had been in L.A. in the days leading up to the fateful morning, with one brother scheduled to arrive...later that day.
And, in another...there is another variation on a similar theme...but, it seems none of the articles agree 100% with the others. (Except - Michael Krikorian's account seems to mimic the L.A. Times story.)
I was being facetious/sarcastic about the meth addict thing...

One brother is an Officer in the Infantry...received the Bronze Star... This is the brother that was scheduled to arrive that day - (if I'm recalling correctly).
Don't know about the wife... Don't know if she was "among" the family members "in on" the intervention...or...what?
Quonk! Quonk!

Thanks for the link, great post.

*grin* I thought so, BTW love the word facetious, a couple members of my family use it all the time, yet it is hardly heard elsewhere, so thank you for using it.

Ahh, thanks I couldn't remember where his brother being military came from, it just seems strange that his brother would be there before anyone else instead of his wife in this instance.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   

...The turning to the left some was probably the start of the out of control, in addition to the excess speed, if it had been swerving it seems that it would have gone the other way too.

I could prove it to you...but...will let you live with your interpretation...

(PS: If you notice where the center-stripe/line is, that separates the #1 and #2 lanes...you'll see that the car is straddling them in the first screen shot)

I'm not sure if those explanations are ample for the tire marks, and the report didn't say that they swerved, it said they headed in one direction. they were pretty concise in everything else it is hard to believe that they wouldn't be in this too.

"...Tire marks were observed in the #2 lane of southbound traffic, south of Melrose Ave, which trailed in a southeastern direction leading toward the grass center median, were (sic) additional tire marks were observed, which then trailed toward the involved tree..."
As PS'd above, the car was at least straddling the center stripe...with passenger-side wheels in the #2 lane of southbound traffic in the first pic' that it is on-camera.
The second pic' that it is on camera...the car does not appear to have advanced (at all), but you can see that the "pitch" and "tilt" of the headlights have changed angle...slightly to the left & up. So - the "nose" was in a dip, in the first screen shot, and had bounced-up and to the left (as you can, likewise, see the passenger-side front tire "turning") in the second.
In such a scenario - you can imagine what is happening (physically) with the car... It has jumped at Melrose, hit (and skidded) after the crosswalk (probably bottomed at both points)...is somewhat out of control...ing southwesterly...correction is applied (turning the steering to the left)...the momentum is still carrying southwesterly when the wheels are corrected southeasterly...and a lunge transfers more weight to the passenger-side tire/s than driver-side tires...yielding greater opportunity for leaving tire marks in the #2 lane (leading back toward the grass median).

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   

...Ahh, thanks I couldn't remember where his brother being military came from, it just seems strange that his brother would be there before anyone else instead of his wife in this instance.

We just don't know...right now.
Don't know if "the intervention" was the wife's doing... Mother's - Father's - a Sibling's - or...if the NSA had stepped in...
She had turned the "disposition of the body" over to a friend in L.A. ---
Don't know if she was in L.A. ... If she went to L.A. upon news of the tragedy... Or if she did not go to L.A., at all.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   

I could prove it to you...but...will let you live with your interpretation...

(PS: If you notice where the center-stripe/line is, that separates the #1 and #2 lanes...you'll see that the car is straddling them in the first screen shot)

No I'm open and was just from what I had seen in other videos. I want the truth. I wish they had included the rest of the video where the other cars were seen passing the camera that would give a better perspective.

"...Tire marks were observed in the #2 lane of southbound traffic, south of Melrose Ave, which trailed in a southeastern direction leading toward the grass center median, were (sic) additional tire marks were observed, which then trailed toward the involved tree..."
As PS'd above, the car was at least straddling the center stripe...with passenger-side wheels in the #2 lane of southbound traffic in the first pic' that it is on-camera.
The second pic' that it is on camera...the car does not appear to have advanced (at all), but you can see that the "pitch" and "tilt" of the headlights have changed angle...slightly to the left & up. So - the "nose" was in a dip, in the first screen shot, and had bounced-up and to the left (as you can, likewise, see the passenger-side front tire "turning") in the second.
In such a scenario - you can imagine what is happening (physically) with the car... It has jumped at Melrose, hit (and skidded) after the crosswalk (probably bottomed at both points)...is somewhat out of control...ing southwesterly...correction is applied (turning the steering to the left)...the momentum is still carrying southwesterly when the wheels are corrected southeasterly...and a lunge transfers more weight to the passenger-side tire/s than driver-side tires...yielding greater opportunity for leaving tire marks in the #2 lane (leading back toward the grass median).

I can agree that all that happened from the video, the thing I can't agree with is the tire marks being left the whole way. There would be marks where and after he bottomed out but after that there wouldn't be marks.
edit on 22-8-2013 by heavenlyalchemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

...Ahh, thanks I couldn't remember where his brother being military came from, it just seems strange that his brother would be there before anyone else instead of his wife in this instance.

We just don't know...right now.
Don't know if "the intervention" was the wife's doing... Mother's - Father's - a Sibling's - or...if the NSA had stepped in...
She had turned the "disposition of the body" over to a friend in L.A. ---
Don't know if she was in L.A. ... If she went to L.A. upon news of the tragedy... Or if she did not go to L.A., at all.

True, though if the wife was the one there, wouldn't that be the information that made the rounds instead of it being the brother?

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   

...No I'm open and was just from what I had seen in other videos. I want the truth. I wish they had included the rest of the video where the other cars were seen passing the camera that would give a better perspective.
...I can agree that all that happened from the video, the thing I can't agree with is the tire marks being left the whole way. There would be marks where and after he bottomed out but after that there wouldn't be marks.

I would like to see the other cars passing, as well.
I would also like to see video (from the same camera specifically - but also from the camera that is on the alley-side of the restaurant) shot during daylight...(prior to the utility cage being destroyed)...for better visual references.
As to the "tire marks...the whole way"... I don't think the report claimed such. I think their choice of language was pretty specific in that regard. It really doesn't even go as far as to say that the tire marks were seen in the #1 lane... Just that the tire marks were in the #2 lane trailing in a southeastern direction...
Gonna have to sign off for the night...
Sorry - Got stuff to do in the morning.
Thanks for the conversation! See ya later!

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   

I would like to see the other cars passing, as well.
I would also like to see video (from the same camera specifically - but also from the camera that is on the alley-side of the restaurant) shot during daylight...(prior to the utility cage being destroyed)...for better visual references.
As to the "tire marks...the whole way"... I don't think the report claimed such. I think their choice of language was pretty specific in that regard. It really doesn't even go as far as to say that the tire marks were seen in the #1 lane... Just that the tire marks were in the #2 lane trailing in a southeastern direction...
Gonna have to sign off for the night...
Sorry - Got stuff to do in the morning.
Thanks for the conversation! See ya later!

that would be great to have, I wonder if it is possible.

Good points, I'll have to look over the report again, I'm just going from memory at the moment.

Thanks for the conversation too, sleep well. catch you on the back flip.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

Wow, where did I leave off. . ...

Um, .. .. . well, I have been reading through all kinds of stuff and.. .. .

Dimethyltryptamine - I wanted to bring this up again because there could have been a good possibility that he might have had that in his system as well. It takes 2-4 days to get that out of your system. Since the autopsy was done 2 days later it may have had enough time to clear out of his system before the samples were taken.

Now I completely agree Wan that both Meth and Pot, even in a combination, would not have been enough to cause his accident that night, but, if he in fact had taken '___' that may have been enough because of the hallucinations it causes. That I would definitely call a contributing factor, IF that was the case.

A note on the neighbor .. .
I have to admit that witness can have faulty accounts of things they have witnessed.
Case in point .. . .
There was a video, that I can't seem to find, that gives an interview with a woman who witnessed the extraction of the body from her balcony. She had stated that Hastings arms were completely white. Some people believed her and some didn't. I thought that her account was somewhat faulty, however, I do remember saying how she seemed so genuinely believable. She spoke with a great deal of confidence and matter of factly (I am not even sure that is a word).

Allot of people did not believe her because the consensus was that the car was engulfed in fire so how could that be.. .

Well, . . After reading the coroner's report it states that his right arm was unburned. So what do we make of that?
The woman did in fact see a white arm.

That is just one example of a faulty account.

As is with the neighbor. Maybe she is telling the truth. After considering your thoughts on the possibility that Michael was playing "Opossum" when his brother or whoever it was that checked on him and seen he was "Passed Out", I realized that it could be a very good possibility.

After further consideration I started to wonder why he was really there at the neighbors to borrow her car.
I think it is possible that he was in need of a fix, as Meth is Highly Addictive, and did not want to be seen driving his car in a shady area trying to acquire said "Fix". That might also account for his behavior, which I might add that the neighbor could have confused his "Scared" demeanor with withdrawal symptoms.

This could also explain why he ended up using his car. Because if you need a "fix" that bad, you are going to do what you feel that you have to do.

A note on the erratic driving behavior . .. .
When someone is in dire straights for a fix they typically don't handle the inability to find product very well. This might explain why he was coming from the direction of "Party Central" driving like a Bat Out Of Hell. Maybe he couldn't find his fix there, or maybe his source was Out.

Couple that with the possibility that he was using '___' and you have a seriously deadly combination.

This all may seem a little Out There and Unlikely, however, this is Not any less likely as him Not driving like a Grandma and Rekindling his Affair with Drugs.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

If you wouldn’t mind - - I’ve been trying to consider some of your statements regarding postmortem metabolism, and have only found references that (fairly consistently) say “cellular metabolism ceases almost immediately” upon death.
If you happen to have any reference/s you could post, that would give me a better view of what you’re saying…or, at least, point me in a good direction to find the same – your help will be most appreciated.

As to the possibility that he was on (had just taken a significant dose) of ‘___’ prior to the accident… Yeah – I’ll accept that it’s possible. From my reading on the subject – the “trip” or “extraordinary effect” only lasts for about 20 minutes. And – other aspects of what I’ve read suggest that he would not have been able to drive under said influence. That’s all hearsay – I do have a book on the subject…but don’t know that we would be dealing with the same kinds of doses or administration (as it was a scientific study conducted in a ‘controlled’ environment, with measurable doses, etc…).

The “lady witness” who gave the audio testimony concerning the accident and aftermath, was the wife of the water-bearer on scene. She spent a good bit of time trying to explain that she didn’t KNOW that she had seen the “white” and “uncharred” arms…but thought she must have, because, when she talked to her daughter sometime later that day – she told her that the body they pulled from the vehicle was a young (think she said “early 20’s”, but may have included a range of “to 30”) white male…and, when finding out later, that it was, indeed, a “young” white man…she justified that she must have seen it. I found her testimony credible (not, necessarily all the facts – but that “she” was believable) mostly by virtue of how she offered her own questions on what she was saying.
She would say things like – “They were doing their best not to let me see… So – I don’t know how I knew it… So – I must have seen, at least a glimpse…” – etc…

You could be correct about the neighbor. A lot of possibilities…
Why you would discount the neighbor’s time-telling (or account), and not the brother’s, however, suggests bias… Of the two – which would be more likely to “have their times confused”? One who lives in L.A., and is totally acclimated to the “time zone”… Or one who has just arrived…from three-or-so time-zones away?
Likewise – from the LA Weekly article, it appears pretty clear (apparently corroborated by the landlord who had actually encouraged the friendship) that he (Michael Hastings) was comfortable enough with her, that after his day of writing, he would go talk with her.
She was familiar enough with the “surveillance state” revelations in May, that her claim that he was the one who apprised her, seem believable… And – her views on his concerns over being watched, and spied upon…etc…suggest that he was comfortable enough to discuss such things before the night in question.

I have found none of her account ‘out of bounds’…or even ‘close to the bounds’…of believability.
You do… You have a predilection in that direction… And – you could be right.

As to – needing a “fix” (meth)… Your observations are valid. I really can’t contest them. They do presume “addiction”, though. All we know is that “some” was in his system at the time of the crash. Did he have any prescriptions that could have included amphetamine/methamphetamine (like – pseudoephedrine)? There are still some over-the-counter meds available with this chemical…as well. Did he “shoot” or “smoke”…? I’m thinking “smoke” would be more suitable to his socio-economic position… But – smoking might be easier to detect…by those near…if he did it at the apartment.

If the neighbor’s testimony was correct…and he, in fact, asked for her car stating that he was concerned about the safety of his own (car)…and that he wanted to get out of town… (realizing these two qualifiers might have been composites that she applied to “why” he was asking at that time) …AND…if we entirely categorize his concerns about “the Feds” watching/listening/tapping/etc …under “Paranoid Delusion”…then…we might be able to jump to – the only good explanation for such behavior, at such an hour, and with the surrounding circumstances (family there…intervention in the works)…might be – needing/wanting/craving a fix.
That is all believable.
Now – wanting/needing a fix – unable to get a fix – pressure from family – resistance to pressure – resistance to “being told what to do” – anger – etc… All combined…in an irrational, impulsive frenzied fury…might (could?) explain two minutes of pedal-to-the-medal…

And – I guess we’re back to one of the first questions I asked in this case – How much stock should be put in the email? If he was legitimately concerned…and rightfully so…then we must consider all the tentacles that might emanate from there. If it was paranoid delusion mixed with chemical addiction…most other questions, lay down and go to sleep.

edit on 8/22/2013 by WanDash because: a word for a word

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

10 Body Functions that Continue After Death

Here is a link to an interesting article about 10 body functions that continue after death. It does lend a portion of credibility to the fact that those drugs in his system could have still been processing even after his death and in some instances as the article suggests, minutes, hours, days, weeks.

P.S. .. You will want to bring your Barf Bad for that article.

Another thing of interest to note about the time of death.

After reading the coroner's report several times again it appears that the cause of death was his right foot.

Confused? .. I was too until I put the rest of it together.

Apparently, when he was mashing the brakes to get the vehicle to stop, as is shown in the pizzeria footage, when he hit the tree, the force of that power drove his foot into his leg, then his leg into his pelvis, into his spine/vertebrae, into his brain stem. That would mean that the death was immediate. Long before (matter of a second or less) the car rose up and smashed his head into the roof.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

reply to post by WanDash

...After reading the coroner's report several times again it appears that the cause of death was his right foot.
...Confused? .. I was too until I put the rest of it together.
...Apparently, when he was mashing the brakes to get the vehicle to stop, as is shown in the pizzeria footage, when he hit the tree, the force of that power drove his foot into his leg, then his leg into his pelvis, into his spine/vertebrae, into his brain stem. That would mean that the death was immediate. Long before (matter of a second or less) the car rose up and smashed his head into the roof.

Thanks for the article... Can't wait!!
I was considering that about the "sole of the right foot"...and realized much of what you said/suggested.
Don't know that I could place the time of "death" or "going unconscious" there (before smashing the head) - but see how it's possible.
63" tall puts him at 5' 3"... Might have had to extend his leg straight to get the pedal to the floor - which position would lend itself to the possibility/probability of your suggestion.
Interesting to note, though - that the rear-end had been rising for at least three (possibly four) frames prior to the brake lights starting to brighten... And - only two or three frames after the brake lights come on...before we see the "southeasterly flying & glowing object". So - everything was in motion to be almost simultaneous (a couple or few 10ths of a second difference).

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

reply to post by WanDash

...10 Body Functions that Continue After Death
...Here is a link to an interesting article about 10 body functions that continue after death. It does lend a portion of credibility to the fact that those drugs in his system could have still been processing even after his death and in some instances as the article suggests, minutes, hours, days, weeks.

I'm obviously not getting what you did from the article.
And, it isn't nearly as "stomach-turning" as some of the other stuff I was reading on the topic.
But - thanks for the read!

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join