It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Men On Strike"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I can see we are actually starting to find common ground here because I'll agree with most of your points except the follow.

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

There's no point in trying to change eachother, So you break up, have some time to collect yourself and start dating again. Anyone who gives up gives way to failure.

There is no rules that say someone has to or needs to start dating to validate their existence in life and if people don't they are considered failures is harsh. It's laying judgement on people to be a success or failure because of a life choice, and that is plain wrong.

There are actually people out there that want nothing to do with relationships, and not because of bad experiences, or society, but because they are considered "asexual". I believe there is site in regards to people that have predisposition for not needing, or even wanting a relationship.

I think we should respect each others choices, as long as they do not directly impact our lives, so basically if someone wishes to not date, so be it.

I put up a thread recently that you may be interested in called "Our Unruly and Sinister side".

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Peace out,

Whoring your threads out are you?

I'll have a gander

hmmmm Whoring is a bit harsh, I would call it more ego driven, because if I were whoring my threads, I would except cash only

edit on 31-7-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
There is no rules that say someone has to or needs to start dating to validate their existence in life and if people don't they are considered failures is harsh. It's laying judgement on people to be a success or failure because of a life choice, and that is plain wrong.

You're right, people dont need to date to validate their existence but as human beings we all want a companion, that special someone because no one wants to die alone, that's unnatural imo. I would rather see someone exhaust themselves looking for the right partner rather than giving up because their's so much more to be had if you persevere.

There are actually people out there that want nothing to do with relationships, and not because of bad experiences, or society, but because they are considered "asexual". I believe there is site in regards to people that have predisposition for not needing, or even wanting a relationship.

Yes im aware there are those types of people but i think its very rare to be genuinely A-sexual - But who am i to judge?

I think we should respect each others choices, as long as they do not directly impact our lives, so basically if someone wishes to not date, so be it.

Well that's fair enough, but i'll never encourage someone to stay single lol

I put up a thread recently that you may be interested in called "Our Unruly and Sinister side".

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Peace out,

Whoring your threads out are you?

I'll have a gander

hmmmm Whoring is a bit harsh, I would call it more ego driven, because if I were whoring my threads, I would except cash only

You dont want cash, you want View's, totally whoring your thread

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
See, I am not a bitter old fart. Just been ahead of the curve is all.

Actually the risk versus reward factor has been reexamined by men, which is the factor not fully addressed here. The question of Feminism's effect hasn't been completely addressed either. Feminism is a promotion of self-worth and independence by means of collectivism. In essence, a labor union of sorts (in the tradition of strength in numbers) that ended up fostering a stigma and mindset that has become counterproductive to those that didn't understand (and now don't want to be a part of) the full effects. The modern day example, is by no means the first example of the power of Feminism.

Psychologically speaking, women naturally like to bend the world around them to their desires. Men naturally like to fix problems but be happy with what they have if it works. As a species, we would still be living in caves and wearing animal pelts if men were left to their own devices, because caves and animal pelts work. The downside being that the women were left inside the cave unless it was safe for them to be outside. Everyone loves sunshine and it is important to be outdoors for health reasons, but no reason to change from the cave unless there is a problem. But a house allows for a person to be "outside" while under the protection of shelter. So men built huts as houses to make the woman happy. Which also had a side effect, the woman at the house didn't have the rest of the women in the cave discussing ideas. So we advanced a bit, but also stagnated for a little while until we built a village.

With the village came concepts of community, commerce, wealth, safety from brigand raids,etc. But at a cost of rapidly depleting of resources, ethnocentricity, wars, elitism, crime, etc. One of the biggies was competition in mate selection...women had choices and thus chivalry was born as a means to show that a particular man was above others, which was conduct that proved that a man treated his woman as well as his horse...yeah, seriously...most guys were real pigs at the time. And we stagnated as a society once again.

Skipping a millennia or so....

With modern Feminism, relationships became casual temporary escapades akin to high school romances, but with adult consequences. Men had no problem adapting to concepts of "free love" and "free sex", that is benefits without commitment because it is a natural state for men to accept status quo. Male children born and raised without male influences tend to become feminized or just plain Beta-males (or lower). Women are still hard wired to want the Alpha-male for the best protection from the world but have less to chose from so they adapted by selective settling (the best stability at the cost of sacrificing psychological fulfillment). So the problems occur when women are starting relationships with long term goals set prior to the relationship reaching the functioning state. Because they need the financial ability to reach those plans, but do not have enough of the type of men that can be driven to achieve those goals over time. As a result, relationships are suffering and as a society we are stagnating again...only this time, procreation to sustain the species, is a serious side effect that is placed in jeopardy.

edit on 15-8-2013 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I have 3 older sisters 1 younger, and a younger brother.

Growing up with 3 older sisters taught me a few things. 1 of which is not getting married. (Subject to change, but highly doubt it.) The other main thing i learned was that women can be two faced sociopaths. women who find themselves in a successful marriage (Where the man is raking in the dough and she can do w/e the hell she wants) understand the power position she's in. she can cheat on you, and all that jazz and still own you in court because she's the woman. The 'caregiver.' she'll use emotional trauma, being alone all the time at home, and other various excuses to get the judges sympathy while the man who is doing all the work gets shafted in the end.

I hate the fact that most women feel entitled to everything a man has once she snares him in marriage. Women will take your car, your house, the kids, etc. in the divorce.. there are a handful of understanding women out there. rare as hell, but from what I've seen the self entitled outnumber them.

No, this isn't a stab at women. It just shows that good men like me are purposely off the market because we don't want to deal with that in the future. We are not horses! When we break our legs or cant pull the cart anymore, some women think its ok to shoot us and move on. carrying the burden of debt, child support, house, car payments, etc. all with a broken leg, which allows her to get on with her life at ease. for men its a different story. in the end of a divorce in most cases.. Men suffer.

Women, good guys are out there. but they're tired of your BS.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotel1
In many ways feminism has been good for men if they have taken the red pill. Sex without commitment has been one result of the feminist movement and free sex without attachment is hardwired into the male biological reproductive imperative.

For an aware man feminism could be considered the best thing that ever happened.

Funny you should say that because men had access to those things anyway, prostitution has always been rife through-out human history. So feminism hasn't really "aided" men in that respect, sex has always been available. Hell, even the elephant man got some.

Men are not paying for the sex they are paying for the prostitute to leave after the sex.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I have noticed this trend increasing even on university campuses.

I returned to my state university to pursue a STEM degree after finding my experience in the workforce dominated by whiny, bitchy women. Now the tides are turning as I even hear women in the food court or outside classrooms complaining that there are no datable guys.

I can honestly say that I have never been asked out by so many women in my entire life. I mean they are asking me out more than the gay guys were when I was managing at a major retail outlet.

The looks on their face when I ask them if they are going to pay my share on the date is HILARIOUS! Then on the off chance they say yes we end up at the cheap as F@#$ restaurant or coffee house.

Ladies step your game up and stop being cheap asses.

You are not getting in my pants or my wallet tipping 10% on $20 tab when I have to pick you up for our date in MY car.

Don't look offended when I drop an extra $5 on the table for the poor server struggling to get by, I was a server and despise poor tippers.

-FBB

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Dude you guys are right. My buddies call them qualifying questions most girls out on the social scene will try and slip those questions in in the first 2 minutes. We ditch em quick when they start going that route. Another fun game to play is to just outright lie to them all night. Ima doctors just rescued kids from certain doom in some made up country. The at the end of the night we see who got the girls to fall for the biggest fib

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

In many ways feminism has been good for men if they have taken the red pill. Sex without commitment has been one result of the feminist movement and free sex without attachment is hardwired into the male biological reproductive imperative.

For an aware man feminism could be considered the best thing that ever happened.

Funny you should say that because men had access to those things anyway, prostitution has always been rife through-out human history. So feminism hasn't really "aided" men in that respect, sex has always been available. Hell, even the elephant man got some.

Men are not paying for the sex they are paying for the prostitute to leave after the sex.

No, they pay for the act, there's no seduction involved.

How can anyone respect someone who pays for sex? Its degrading for both involved.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
All i can really say about this thread is that:

Dating in america sounds horrific. I feel sorry for anyone involved.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
See, I am not a bitter old fart. Just been ahead of the curve is all.

Actually the risk versus reward factor has been reexamined by men, which is the factor not fully addressed here.

Absolutely!

I was intending to introduce this perspective, but you beat me to it. The risks vs rewards are a very important factor, and since humans are a net benefit species, when the risks far outweigh the reward what is the point.

Thank you for bringing this up.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Of course the cynic in me wants to point out that the events portrayed in Cherry 2000 take place in 2017...not such a wildly made-up dystopian future depicted, if you think about it.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

All i can really say about this thread is that:

Dating in america sounds horrific. I feel sorry for anyone involved.

Just curious here, for the record are you single, in a relationship, or married?

I happen to be a male uninterested in relationships who will never engage in a legal marriage.

-FBB

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
True,
Divorce filed against me 16 years ago took 4 years to be completed. Total outlay including child support and insurance for a child who wasn't even mine and paying off all of the resulting debt of losing my home, vehicles, personal property, 8 credit cards that the ex took out in my name along with lawyers to defend me from a lunatic and eventually even pay for her second lawyer (hers was disbarred) to finish the divorce ...$350,000.

I will likely never retire. Just work until I die.

I can't see any enticement that would actually cause me to place my financial life into such a vulnerable position again.

Just to be clear, I have had a handful of dating relationships and a long term serious one but it all came down to the same issue. Each woman wanted her life to be her own but to be taken care of at the same time.

People don't seem to understand that a marriage is a two way street, not a free ride.

I guess I've outlived my own belief system.

edit on 29-7-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

ditdo

for

me

as well ~!

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Well that's fair enough, but i'll never encourage someone to stay single lol

Again, I agree here I don't think anyone should be single either, but the facts are over-whelming these days and people are trying to force relationships. IMO.

I look at it this way. And there is only one cliche that I can think of.

"Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me"

In the situation of marriages here in the USA most men that have a good job, assets and money get put in a position of financial ruins during a divorce.

From my own situation, I thought marriage was a great thing, well until the other party thought it wasn't.

8 years of marriage down the toilet without a fight, counseling, or even an explanation. I am not looking for sympathy just stating the facts.

I was left with a 3 year old son to take care of, and looked and felt like a deer in on-coming headlights.

So instead of wallowing in self-pity for an extended period.
I decided one day that my son was my focus, since the other party wanted little to do him, and it was all about them. The only person I knew I could control was myself, and so I did just that.

Although the situation sucked, I had a 3 year old son that needed a mother and a father, so I have done my best for the past 5 years to create a happy childhood for him. I consider myself fortunate to be an active father in his life, and at the time I had to readjust my lifestyle, so I could take care of him and still bring money in.

I wasn't getting rich, but the rewards I found outweighed the extra money I used to make, while married.

Basically, I found that spending one-on-one time with my son is/was some of the happiest moment of my life.

I am active in his school and in sports as well, in the past 5 years. I have also found time for myself, in the past couple of years, to get out and socialized meeting new people, but have refrained from jumping into anything that would upset the balance we have created.

I have never disenfranchised his mother, nor will I ever, especially with him present. I want my son to love his mother, which he does and the same with his father. Just because two people split does not give one parent the right to alienate the other parent, in fact, if this happens, I find it disturbing since children understand more than adults think.

Children IMO are little, but they are still individuals.

Some people have said to me that I took the higher road, but I do not see it that way. I see it from a perspective of how would I want my daddy to treat me if I was a little guy and mommy wasn't around, and it has worked out wonderfully. He is a well adjusted young man, that excels in everything he does, without me pushing him.

Now on to.....Dating. And I despise that term. Anyhow I think it is much better to get involved in group activities that one enjoys to find a partner that is symbiotic.

For example:

Dancing, co-ed sports, volunteering, or anything with a co-ed theme that one enjoys, in order to meet someone of quality. This does two things IMO, it allows both parties to get to know each other, without the constraints, and pressures of dating one on one, and it gives a something in common that you both enjoy, then if the chemistry is right the relationship proceeds forward naturally.

Dating to me, from my POV, is forced pairing of desperate people trying to find someone, because they are lonely. One must be comfortable with themselves before ever entering a relationship or else it brings both people down.

Ok I have babbled enough.

Peace,

RT

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

I have custody of my children, and see NO child support. Judge asked me if I wanted it, and I told him WHY? They have nothing, will never have nothing. I said my kids are done being part of the " corrupt system" . Judge wasnt too happy with my responses...

Gratz on getting your kids...

you're the 10%....I even told my ex, the bimbo, I would pay her for the kids more than she would get from CS .., nope.. bimbo did bimbo does..

I know a dad that has his son now, but the state wouldn't enforce CS on her, but he had to pay when it was the other way around...

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I asked my last ex if there wasn't any way for me to provide any income, would she still live with me? If I was a paraplegic(sp) would she still live with me..

we were divorced 2 months later.. go figure...

I don't think it's a strike at all, as it is being put in a box and having to choose the best financial decisions for our lives and quite possibly even more so for our children that we can make by the way the corrupt system is set up.
edit on 31-7-2013 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
Funny. This sounds just like what your daddy would say. Maybe your his keeper after all.

Having said all that, I am not against women in general.
More like against having relationships with them.

Don't get me wrong ladies, I LOVE the kitty.
But honestly, I would rather just be friends with the both of ya'll and leave it at that than have any sort of obligatory attachment to EITHER of ya.

That just proves my point. You wanna # em, but you don't want to have anything to do with them afterwards? You don't want any OBLIGATIONS from having sex?

Your right, damn those OBLIGATIONS and that they want food, and a fresh diaper, and to be held by their daddy. Obviously that is all way too much to ask from "men" in this day and age.

You wonder why women act like they do now?

Maybe it is because of this attitude right here and all the layers of bull# that goes with it.

Oh and way to go on the e-plea for split tail, very subtle.
Sorry dude,

My wife decided to play away from home.

I'm a "good" guy, I believe in old fashioned values, I respected, cared for, protected and nutured her.
I drink socially, never at home and I have never strayed or even looked at another woman whilst with her (my own values of respect and morality wouldn't let me)

But yeah, she played away from home, with at least 4 guys.

So, long story short she becomes pregnant by one of these guys and it is ME who offers to look after the baby, to help raise her (she left the other guy) I offer to help raise the kid as my own. The child of ANOTHER man and a cheating wife.

So don't tell me that MEN don't want responsibility.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

The last one I went on (never again will I go on a blind date) I refused to tell her what I did, when she asked i said "would it matter? what I did " and she said "yes If you were a dustman or something...." I just said "we are all cogs in the wheel love", then I told her I wipe bums for a living, the look of disdain on her face.. I finished my drink said "no point being sat here all night with an elitist person" and walked out.
She told my girl pal that I was a "loser"...
edit on 29-7-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

NICE~!

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

Originally posted by boymonkey74

I refused to tell her what I did,

I'm a lot like that.
I asked a girl I knew and was interested in to Cirque De Soliel last year.
She said, "Only if they're good seats."
I shrugged and said" Oh, OK. Maybe another time."
The two front row tickets in my pocket were about 400 dollars. I took a very nice lady I met at the checkout in a bookstore the next day.

*SALUTE* ~!!!

WOW ~!!

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Ummm, Kudos.

I don't know what else to tell you man but that you do your gender proud.

Oh and America still has the highest percentage of single parents raising children in the world, the majority of whom are women.
Single Mothers

Once largely limited to poor women and minorities, single motherhood is now becoming the new “norm”.

This prevalence is due in part to the growing trend of children born outside marriage.

About 4 out 10 children were born to unwed mothers. Nearly two-thirds are born to mothers under the age of 30

Of all single-parent families in the U.S., single mothers make up the majority.

According to the U.S. Census Bureau

Out of 12.2 million single parent families in 2012, more than 80% were headed by single mothers.

Today, 1 in 3 children – a total of 15 million – are being raised without a father. Of that group, nearly half live below the poverty line.

Around 45% of single mothers have never married, around 55% are either divorced, separated or widowed.
Half have one child, 30% have two

edit on 31-7-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-7-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join