It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Men On Strike"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Now it is back to my movie. (True Grit. ARKANSAS B!TCHES!! And a real woman. Albeit a 14 year old.
)

I am good, RT. Thanks for asking.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

I think it's safe to say you just got a large dose of JayinAR's sense of sarcasm.

If you are around ATS long enough you'll understand that we are all friends here, and veteran ATS'ers know each other pretty well. Even though we may disagree on certain issues.

edit on 30-7-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

No.
I meant every word.
Literally.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

No.
I meant every word.
Literally.

I stand correct once more

There you have it.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
It looks like there’s an economic price to pay for men just “walking off the plantation”

Japan:
en.wikipedia.org...

is a social phenomenon in Japan of men who shun marriage or gaining a girlfriend.[1] They are characteristically described as frugal, and interested in personal grooming.[2] Under this categorization scheme, men and women are either herbivore type (草食系 sōshoku-kei?) or carnivore type (肉食系 nikushoku-kei?). As of September 2010, 36% of Japanese men between the ages of 16 and 19 perceived themselves in this way.[3] Additionally, two surveys of single men in their 20s and 30s found that 61% and 70%, respectively, considered themselves grass-eating men.[4] This phenomenon is viewed by the Japanese government as a leading cause in the nation's declining birth rate, prompting the government to provide incentives for couples that have children, including payouts and free health care

this could mean that a government finding its self with the bill for keeping single women and there offspring might have to start taxing single men

as in: Swedish Man Tax
www.thelocal.se...

"We know that women have significantly less money than men. Men have some kind of willy bonus in that they earn 10% to 20% more.
"

So if men get actually do get a “willy bonus” then of course women should have that (the bonus)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I give you a 10 out of 10 for euphemisms to describe a woman's special parts.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   

women are using the government as husband

that statement caught my attention right there...

indulge my rambling to see where I can place this...

destruction of the American family unit has always seemed to be the main goal..

the state raises the child.. education, nationalism..etc.

the women rely on the state..

the males are weeded out..

no more personal values passed from father to son..

fewer & fewer strong male female relationships..

gmo's sterilizing both male & females..

population reduction, high tech control grid..

we seem to be at a technological tipping point.

the lock down seems emanate..

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

There is an entire generation of dead beat dads and rolling stones that helped craft the very system you are all complaining about.

sorry to break it to you..

but that entire generation of dead beats you speak of..

were getting screwed in this debt-based money, corrupt political lobbyist revolving door, war is a racket, screw the little guy system.

do you think they were all 1%'ers?? no they were not.

the system is designed so 99% will fail.

and even then.. its the .0001% who are calling the shots..

your male bashing point of view is not addressing the problem.

you just trying to score brownies points with the ladies?

paid your taxes lately?? calculated how much effort & time is exchanged for a fiat currency per week?

only to be taxed again when spending?

men who try to work in the system get chewed up & you blame the men instead of the system?

thats the dam truth we all need to face up to..

blame the cause, not the effect.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by reeferman

women are using the government as husband

that statement caught my attention right there...

indulge my rambling to see where I can place this...

destruction of the American family unit has always seemed to be the main goal..

the state raises the child.. education, nationalism..etc.

the women rely on the state..

the males are weeded out..

no more personal values passed from father to son..

fewer & fewer strong male female relationships..

gmo's sterilizing both male & females..

population reduction, high tech control grid..

we seem to be at a technological tipping point.

the lock down seems emanate..

It caught my attention too, but it was pretty disturbing from a standpoint of "Why would our own government do this to its citizens?"

Seems counter-productive, destructive and a real conspiracy from a whole new perspective.

Chaos for control? Divide the masses perhaps.

I think we could start another thread just on that statement alone, would you agree?

edit on 31-7-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

I didn't get married till i was 33.. simply because every woman i dated was just a bad deal..... and i dated a lot till i was 29.. then i didn't give an eff about it.

It seemed like insanity because of how looney women were. I would just get the milk but not buy the cow.

I had a long line of women who wanted to marry me..... but nooooo noooo way

I am married now couldn't be happier.. only reason i did is because i would have been stupid to pass her up.

I think a big problem with women today is the lack of respect for men .

Most TV shows portray men to be stupid and incompetent... and the women and chidlren are always smarter than the man and they treat the man as stupid and incompetent.

women then follow that example and do the same thing to men ..

they were programmed to do so... why do you think they call it TV programs...

It really is a war on men not so much a war on women but people really don't seem to notice that.

and ill go off on a tangent here..

I really don't like the laws pertaining children.

I find it funny how a woman can decide to have a child or not because it is her body....

however a man cannot do that... of course he cannot tell a woman to abort or keep a baby.. but they should be able to opt out of taking care of it if he did not want to keep the child.

women have that luxury.. why don't men??

why don't men have the right to their body?? it is their body that works for that child support and they have no say on the fruits of their bodies labor.

it is utter garbage and an example of the double standard.

I think if men can't opt out of child support women shouldn't be able to opt out of a pregnancy.

edit on 31-7-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-7-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by votan
I didn't get married till i was 33.. simply because every woman i dated was just a bad deal..... and i dated a lot till i was 29.. then i didn't give an eff about it.

It seemed like insanity because of how looney women were. I would just get the milk but not buy the cow.

I am married now couldn't be happier.. only reason i did is because i would have been stupid to pass her up.

I think a big problem with women today is the lack of respect for men .

Congrats on finding the right woman, there are plenty of good ones out there that are committed to making things work through thick and thin, better or worse, and that no matter what happens common ground will always be found.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by badgerprints

The last one I went on (never again will I go on a blind date) I refused to tell her what I did, when she asked i said "would it matter? what I did " and she said "yes If you were a dustman or something...." I just said "we are all cogs in the wheel love", then I told her I wipe bums for a living, the look of disdain on her face.. I finished my drink said "no point being sat here all night with an elitist person" and walked out.
She told my girl pal that I was a "loser"...
edit on 29-7-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

LOL, I had something happen to me similar but it wasn't a blind date. Was from a dating website and the very first thing this woman said to me was "So what do you do?". I was like "What?" but I knew what she meant. Wanting to know about my job and I told her I was a begger on the side of a road and she never messaged me again.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

edit on 31-7-2013 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Sorry for the late reply We have been dating for about 5 weeks. I don't know exactly how many dates.

Enough to know I really like her!!!!

Anyhow, thanks for the kind wishes man!

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
What i like most about this thread is that 3 pages in of bitching about feminism and not one actual fact on how feminism has negatively affected men.

Dear whiny males of ATS,

Enlighten me of your struggles

We don't need to enlighten you on anything, in fact, you have just proved Dr. Smith's point why males don't want to have relationships.

Label as you will, but the lack of respect speaks volumes.

So basically, you cant answer the question?

Seriously, i want to know how feminism has effected men, please, TRY an answer the question.

To be fair, i think a lot of people lack the maturity to be in a relationship.

Why is it that (supposedly) men are rejecting relationships?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Ok I will ignore your bad,know it all attitude and answer your question.

Have you ever tried to be a man and open a door for a feminist?
God forbid we be gentlemen eh??
She doesn't need a man to do that for her right??

Are you being serious with me? You're complaining because apparently women dont like you opening doors for them??? That's not an issue in the UK, we call it common courtesy, it makes sense for people to hold doors open for one another.

I don't NEED to do that,I do things like that because men should be gentlemen with their ladies.
These ladies should quit taking things so seriously and just enjoy someone treating them good.

I dont NEED to do it either, but if someone is entering the same door as me, I HOLD IT OPEN AND THINK NOTHING OF IT.

There you go...that is how it has negatively affected man.

So basically you've had your feelings hurt then? That's reason enough to slate feminism from top to bottom? Are you being serious mate?

You don't open the door and you are a jerk....you open the door and you are a jerk.

No i think you're thinking to much into it...

You never see a feminist in a fire....its always WOMEN and children first.

Not sure what you mean by that but i shall conclude by telling you that you haven't convinced me that men have a real issues with feminism. Try again if you like, im all ears

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

We don't need to enlighten you on anything, in fact, you have just proved Dr. Smith's point why males don't want to have relationships.

Seriously, i want to know how feminism has effected men, please, TRY an answer the question.

It appears that you only listen and take what you want from conversation. The question has been answered repeatedly from the author Dr. Smith, to many of the posters on this thread, but it doesn't fit into your philosophies so you ignore them, and keep asking questions until you get one that resonates with your sense of reality.

I agree with you on the maturity issues, because having a healthy relationship takes maturity regardless of gender.

Most reasonable and mature males will not make excuses for a relationship going bad, because ultimately the person choosing the relationship made that choice.

Now on the other hand, if the mentality and the mindset of the opposite sex seems to be synonymous with a majority of women, males have a choice to not pursue relationships based on a massive communication, common ground breakdown and factors that will negatively influence their growth as human beings.

Not pursuing relationships actually takes a strong minded person to accomplish, since we biologically seek out mates to reproduce, and it actually creates peace, harmony and self-empowerment within the person that has chosen this lifestyle.

Buddhist Monks are living proof.

It's simple really, if two people can't seem to get along then what is the point of trying to change each other?

There is only one person we can change, and that is difficult enough.

I put up a thread recently that you may be interested in called "Our Unruly and Sinister side".

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace out,

RT
edit on 31-7-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

you haven't convinced me that men have a real issues with feminism. Try again if you like, im all ears

If I may
After doing some reading about feminism on the internet, I have to say it just comes across as some kind of central planning for relationships and like all such things it no doubt started out as a plausible improvement to a situation but will probably end in millions of dead peasants

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth

It appears that you only listen and take what you want from conversation. The question has been answered repeatedly from the author Dr. Smith, to many of the posters on this thread, but it doesn't fit into your philosophies so you ignore them, and keep asking questions until you get one that resonates with your sense of reality.

What does a woman know about men's issues? I just thought with so many guys on here putting down feminism they would like to tell me exactly how it has negatively effected them - And you're still dodging the question, no surprise there

I agree with you on the maturity issues, because having a healthy relationship takes maturity regardless of gender.

Absolutely agree with you.

Most reasonable and mature males will not make excuses for a relationship going bad, because ultimately the person choosing the relationship made that choice.

Most reasonable and mature people wont make excuse's either. Do you not think that the current generation is suffering from an enforced state of Infantilization?

Now on the other hand, if the mentality and the mindset of the opposite sex seems to be synonymous with a majority of women, males have a choice to not pursue relationships based on a massive communication, common ground breakdown and factors that will negatively influence their growth as human beings.

I think mature people of both sexes are becoming much more picky with what they want from a partner, i believe this stems from the age individualism, coinciding with economic greed.

Not pursuing relationships actually takes a strong minded person to accomplish, since we biologically seek out mates to reproduce, and it actually creates peace, harmony and self-empowerment within the person that has chosen this lifestyle.

But i would suppose a stronger minded person would have the ability to wade through the dating game in order to find the right partner. Mature people persevere, they dont just take their home because they're loosing.

Buddhist Monks are living proof.

And who says they aren't missing out?

It's simple really, if two people can't seem to get along then what is the point of trying to change each other?

There's no point in trying to change eachother, So you break up, have some time to collect yourself and start dating again. Anyone who gives up gives way to failure.

There is only one person we can change, and that is difficult enough.

I agree. And it has to be done for the right reasons. Not to please someone else.

I put up a thread recently that you may be interested in called "Our Unruly and Sinister side".

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Peace out,

Whoring your threads out are you?

I'll have a gander

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by racasan

you haven't convinced me that men have a real issues with feminism. Try again if you like, im all ears

If I may
After doing some reading about feminism on the internet, I have to say it just comes across as some kind of central planning for relationships and like all such things it no doubt started out as a plausible improvement to a situation but will probably end in millions of dead peasants

Yano, there are extremists in all groups. Im aware that there are some crazy ass feminist's who advocate castrating men but i cant perceive them as a threat because no one, not men or women, are going to listen and take notes. You have to laugh at extremist people because all they want to do is stir the pot.

Just annoys me to see people taking a pop at feminism as a whole because there are SOME that say stupid things. People just want equality yano.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join