It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Men On Strike"

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by FyreByrd
Women change with time and with children. Once a woman has an actual child their attention is directed to the child and not the man who fathered it. This is natural and right and mature men understand it.

I guess you didn't read my personal post on page 8.

I will agree with you on one thing women change alright.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Ok now that the thread has run it's course I would like to interject something for thought.

It appears that there is a breakdown, but what I am seeing is that relationships, marriage, or constraints of what we know to be relationships, between man and woman, are not working these days. And the ones that are, seem to be short lived, or stagnate at a certain point.

People will swear up and down that they have a wonderful relationship, and this maybe true, but what happens when the relationships stagnates, or atrophies and one party decides to move on? Is this good, or bad.

The way we view relationships is possessive, meaning we feel entitled to the other person, and they us, but when one person decides they have had enough of the relationship, all hell breaks lose.

What if we became a society that understood when the other person wanted to move on, that everyone could still work together in the capacity of friends, and still respect each other?

I'm would wager most people could not achieve this, because their Egos get so bruised when the relationship ends, that many times the only thing left is bad stuff. Bad ending suck because something beautiful brought two people together, and they shared wonderful times, and emotions together, only to hate each other, in the end.

The current way we break ties is painful, and who the heck wants more pain and suffering in their lives. ( Hence "Men On Strike" )

We are taught, let me repeat that "WE ARE TAUGHT" that we need own each other, in the relationship and at the end to scuttle the ship, in order to move on, and lay blame on the other party, but what this does is cause a ripple effect in the world.

A ripple is not much, but if you get lots of ripples all at the same time eventually large waves happen.

If people meaning men and women could take the time and step out of themselves for just a few emotional moments, and see that they create their own chaos and happiness, then maybe they would start choosing a different approach.

What if we didn't react to people acting childish, or immature? Because actually we really don't need to react act all.

What if we just took our time before we decided to possess someone else?, because that is exactly what it is by our societies standards. People think they own each other to certain degrees.

Our immediate responses will be "Oh Hell No! they Don't Own Me" , but when people are in a relationship they sure act like they do.

Our essences as human beings with large ego's may want to own and possess, but our spiritual self meaning the higher self knows better.

We want to be free and we want to be happy.

Peace out,

RT

edit on 2-8-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

I don't know what to say ...except "so true"....I mean it's just the TRUTH!! If only everyone could convince the OTHER in these situations to understand!!

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Bunch of angry scorned men in this thread.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle

Thank you for your insightful contribution.

I'm sure everyone that generously contributed to the thread appreciates being laughed at.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
To blurt it out, many women have become too gay. Which is everybodies choice but sadly for me there are just not that many women that instantly turn me on. No, I'm not blaming gays but womens response to them, how they copy certain manipulation techniques which might work in gay relationships but not in any other. How many women are there out there who know there is only one true love and everything else is fake and don't use all those manipulation techniques. Not many in the west I'm afraid. It's almost like the women became dominant over men in society in a short period not because they actually were stronger or better in wisdom or intellect or love but because they often side with gay males and females and follow their logic to get what they want, sometimes believing they have been oppressed etc.

Again, not blaming gays for women choosing to listen to them, just noticing womens hearts have changed or are changing compared to what I thought love should be, it's all on the decline and men have to keep pretending everything is fine or it might open the can of wurms.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth

Women change with time and with children. Once a woman has an actual child their attention is directed to the child and not the man who fathered it. This is natural and right and mature men understand it.

I guess you didn't read my personal post on page 8.

I will agree with you on one thing women change alright.

And that makes you laugh? Why? People are designed (if you believe in a Creator) evolved to change and grow. Refusing to grow or change in new circumstances is the very definition of childishness.

It is a good thing that women change with the birth of children - if not, if they remained childish - you would not be alive.

Yes, "The Peter Pan" syndrome is alive and well and running the world.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

And that makes you laugh? Why? People are designed (if you believe in a Creator) evolved to change and grow. Refusing to grow or change in new circumstances is the very definition of childishness.

It is a good thing that women change with the birth of children - if not, if they remained childish - you would not be alive.

Yes, "The Peter Pan" syndrome is alive and well and running the world.

Believe me I understand childishness, that is why I am able to laugh. I'm not laughing at women, but the fact that they do change is a given, hence the laugh.

I think after almost 8 years of marriage, an ex that leaves a stable situation, with no debts, no abuse, and tries to relive her youth again, then leaves a 3 year old with the other parent, I am able to laugh and say women change.

It's seems to be a ME ME ME generation, and the family unit suffers because of self-centered people that do not seem to want to be there for the children they bring into the world. And only use the children if it suits their selfish agenda's.

This is the Paradigm of your " Peter Pan Syndrome"

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

I've always thought that it should be labeled "The Disney Princess Syndrome".

But we live in a society that is overwhelming with narcissism. It's a byproduct of our consumerism culture, and most advertisements are tailored to entice the inner narcissist.

"I'm loving it!"

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

This issue has been decades in the making. And now women, with the aid of the Government, have destroyed the institution. From what I've read in the reviews, the author is really on point. Moreover, I have tried to find a compelling answer which asks, what is the benefit of marriage for successful men? I cannot find any the consequences of risk of divorce, child support, lost of wealth and lifestyle make it riskier than high risk investment in the stock market. At least in the stock market you can cut your losses, and even deep loses can be recovered from over a few years. Not so in a bad marriage. It is the gift that keeps on giving til dealth do you part. I will never advise my son to marry as the risk is to too high. Though I'm married now for over 25 years, women are different today. If I were a bachelor, I would not run from it too. For men it is a bad deal.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Well done. you had the wisdom to anticipate how things would have likely turned out. We live in a very complicated society with twisted values, both men and women, in this case the pendulum has swung to far one way or another. I guess it good that people are talking. But it is going to take a lot more than talk to find common ground. And I hate to say it, women will likely be the losers. In the Black community it is called the wall of silence when black men walk away from these types of women.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
This thread will be discussed tonight at 10pm Est tonight on Reality Remix.

Join ATS Members SheepSlayer247, Adjensen, NoRegretsEver, Druid42 & Beezer for two hours of their take on threads past and present right here on ATS!

Reality Remix

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
This thread will be discussed tonight at 10:10pm Est tonight on Reality Remix.

Join ATS Members SheepSlayer247, Adjensen, NoRegretsEver, Druid42 & Beezer for two hours of their take on threads past and present right here on ATS!

Reality Remix

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

I have quit dating for the moment myself.

That is, however, a rather ridiculous way to say that I have finally accepted that I am obsolete in terms of my usefulness to a member of the opposite sex in this day and age. I have no finances, I have no real autonomy to speak of, I have no car, no prospects of changing any of the above things, and am by no means free of complications in my mind. I am simply not useful to a woman in this century. I hold doors open for folk, am capable of good manners and fair mindedness, and loyal to a fault, not to mention being a fan of hard work and quite handy for DIY and so on. But in terms of the things that make for a modern relationship? I have nothing.

That realisation is not pleasant, nor comfortable, but it does mean that I am focused on what I can do at the moment, which is to keep on keeping on, and try to mitigate for the soul crushing emptiness of the situation. Its taken two failed engagements, fatherhood that I have only recently been allowed to engage with after TEN DAMNED YEARS, not to mention several ill advised dalliances, and one mild case of warts... yes, you heard me, warts, to realise that I might as well just give it up, because damn my eyes, the alternative is just too damn horrific. I am sick of getting cored out emotionally and having nothing what so ever to show for my time and my emotional investment. I am good and done with all that.

Sure, if a woman who is not dangerously unhinged comes along who for some reason finds my company pleasing , who has not got a whole bunch of unrealistic expectations, and is happy to be around me just as I am, then things will change, but being realistic here, that is about as likely as Andy Murray saving the earth from a meteor strike using nothing but a tartan tennis racket and brute strength.
edit on 18-12-2014 by TrueBrit because: Grammatical error removal.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

You are not alone. And thanks for your heartfelt and personal info.

Without attempting to paint men as victims and women as a bunch of feminist's something is most definitely wrong.

We are way out of balance. The divide is growing at an exponential rate, if people can't see or acknowledge it, then we are in big trouble.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
reply to post by badgerprints

The last one I went on (never again will I go on a blind date) I refused to tell her what I did, when she asked i said "would it matter? what I did " and she said "yes If you were a dustman or something...." I just said "we are all cogs in the wheel love", then I told her I wipe bums for a living, the look of disdain on her face.. I finished my drink said "no point being sat here all night with an elitist person" and walked out.
She told my girl pal that I was a "loser"...

It's a blind date.....people ask certain questions to get to know a person. It actually sound like you were arrogant. I think she summed you up right to your girl pal!!

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: WaterBottle

That is the only bit of truth on this thread!!

I can't believe the whining I am hearing on here. Such loser mentality.

No wonder women treat these men like dirt as they provide no substance of manhood to correct the balance.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
I just enjoy mutually consensual no-strings-attached recreational sex these days, and have no interest in a committed monogamous relationship at all.
I love my freedom too much, have plenty of close male and female friends, a fun social circle, and sex is about the only benefit I see that a woman can offer me over a man.
If anything, the biggest challenge I ever have is girls who start off agreeing 'This is just sex' who then become more emotionally attached after a while and want a committed relationship. A common theme from me is 'I never lied to you, I told you I didn't want a relationship from the start, and if you thought you could change me through sex then that was a mistake, sorry'.
Relationship? Nah, no thanks. I like not having to shave until going out on the weekend. I like being able to dump my work clothes on the bathroom floor and leave them there until washing day with nobody moaning at me.
I love being single, and until I meet someone with a big personal 'wow' factor, I can't see that changing.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane

originally posted by: boymonkey74
reply to post by badgerprints

The last one I went on (never again will I go on a blind date) I refused to tell her what I did, when she asked i said "would it matter? what I did " and she said "yes If you were a dustman or something...." I just said "we are all cogs in the wheel love", then I told her I wipe bums for a living, the look of disdain on her face.. I finished my drink said "no point being sat here all night with an elitist person" and walked out.
She told my girl pal that I was a "loser"...

It's a blind date.....people ask certain questions to get to know a person. It actually sound like you were arrogant. I think she summed you up right to your girl pal!!

Date's imo are emotional suicide for both parties, especially blind dates. The best way imo to get to know someone is find groups of people with the same interests, over time we get to see how those people interact with each other, and how they are as people, as time progresses relationships with particular people will happen naturally, and without effort.

The absolute worst thing to ask someone on a first date, or even when you get to know them is "What do you do for a living?"

Buzzkill

The last thing people want to talk about is there everyday drudgery, which most people endure. If someone wants to bring up what they do for a living then fine, but typically it's a deal breaker question.
edit on 18-12-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane

originally posted by: WaterBottle

That is the only bit of truth on this thread!!

I can't believe the whining I am hearing on here. Such loser mentality.

No wonder women treat these men like dirt as they provide no substance of manhood to correct the balance.

If you are attempting to troll or bait this thread it will not work.

Labeling members as losers and whiners is poor etiquette just because they decided to open up, and discuss what they are living and feeling.

If you have something to contribute to the thread then do so, but otherwise troll somewhere else.

Peace,

RT
edit on 18-12-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join