It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Golgotha "Place of the Skull"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by guitarplayer
2000 years ago did they even know of the pineal gland and what it does?

Who could possibly know?
It seems that they did.

They would not have called it the pineal gland though. There are many drawings of the pine cone from ancient times and even a big sculpture in the grounds of the Vatican of a pine cone. The pineal gland is shaped like a pine cone. They knew the relevance of what is now called the 'pineal gland'.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by guitarplayer

I'm guessing they did with the pine cone symbolism used by them with Bacchus and his thyrsus. Pineal comes from the Latin pinea which means pine cone, and pine cones have been used symbolically for thousands of years.

The Bacchus god I mentioned shares a lot of similarities with Jesus. He had a ritual just like the Eucharist where bread and wine were substituted for his body, he died and rose from the dead, and he was born from a godly father and Earthly mother.

I'm willing to bet the Romans knew exactly what the pineal gland was.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
So two men on both sides of another man who claimed to be "the light of men" and "the light of the world" who were crucified on top of a hill which translates to "place of the skull".

The brain is located within the skull and has two halves with the middle containing the pineal gland.

On each side of the pineal gland lies halves of the thalamus, which has many functions, one of which is to relay input from the retinas to the occipital lobe, which in turn creates the image that we see. It also regulates consciousness.

Could Jesus on the cross with two thieves represent the pineal gland and the thalamus within our brains, which itself is located in the "place of the skull"? I think so.

The pineal gland's main function is to produce melatonin, which in turn regulates our sleep and wake cycles. The less light the pineal gland receives, the more melatonin it produces and vice versa. More light = less melatonin produced, which means less sleep and more wakefulness.

When we sleep, there is darkness, when we wake there is light, so Jesus calling himself "the light of the world" is a pretty obvious nod toward wakefulness and consciousness itself, and the parallels with the set up of the crucifixion and the thalamus/pineal gland only cements my opinion on what it is supposed to represent.

Paul describes those who do not believe in Jesus as "asleep in Christ".

1 Thessalonians 4
14 For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him.

As we know, the less light the pineal gland receives, the more likely you will fall asleep.

Jesus also refers to the third eye.

Matthew 6
22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

The "single eye" that Jesus speaks of is the image that we see. It is the eye of the mind, or the "third eye". If you look at the shape of your image, you will even notice it is shaped like an eye. The pineal gland is also commonly referred to as the "third eye", and it regulating sleep patterns means it activates the "light of man", which is consciousness. It is also referred to as the seat of the soul by some.

If you make your eye single, your spiritual body (your image) will be full of light. Everyone's image is full of light, that is what makes it an image. Most do not acknowledge this though, because they have been taught to think otherwise or face condemnation.

So in short, my theory is that Jesus is within all of us, he represents consciousness and wakefulness, something we all have. Jesus being crucified on Golgotha between two thieves represents religion killing spirituality by putting so much emphasis on a man's death instead of his life.

Hopefully you enjoyed this thread, and hopefully I may have opened your "eye". Thanks for reading.

The OT/NT and finding where the allegorical and the literal (historical) separate and collide is a major challenge. Since the Hellenistic translators were from the schools of the Greek philosophers, this allegorical derivation carries serious merit ala Bill Donahue, Michael Tsarion, Manley B. Hall and Santos Bonacci.

There are also the astrotheological, Zodiac-based interpretations and the more literal/historical ones. The latter requires that the text be taken as accurate which it cannot possibly be.

I'm in. Meditation leads to chakral excitement and kundalini awakening. Up the nerve chain through the land Pinel (Jacob?) and out to the 7th chakra where "I met the face of God".

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I'm willing to bet the Romans knew exactly what the pineal gland was.

As did the surgically excellent Egyptians.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOd

Good to have you on board TheOd. I look forward to seeing you around and thanks for contributing.
Seems as though we may be on the same wave length here.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

To me that's putting the cart before the horse, symbolism added after the fact. Why keep something simple when it can be complicated and esoteric? IMO, that's what is wrong with Christianity (and a lot of other things) today. Simple things made complex enough to be inaccessible, which is kind of the point. If you take something simple and wrap it in esoteric symbolism, only the priests are qualified to interpret the meaning. And you can never prove symbolism wrong.

The rock, as I understand it, was only relatively recently recognized as skull shaped in the 1980's, the only one conveniently next to a tomb. But there are many other purported locations.

I hear ya' Dawg - winkers - but this would entail that only one interp of the OT/NT is possible. I find that impossible.

As to the difficulty all I can say is that all interps of the bible are excruciatingly difficult since the accuracy of the text is wholly bastardized. Supports reincarnation though now doesn't it.

So that leaves us with those few who can find allegorical interps as the OP did, those that cannot. I can fix that for you.

Dump the bible, all religions, all together. If you want to know about this life, ask those that have lived it and exist after it.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

reply to post by schuyler

Or they could have placed the narrative of Jesus' crucifixion there for the fact that it is in the shape of a skull, thus completing the symbolism they were trying to convey.

Or there was no crucifixion and the Christ tale is nothing more than the retelling of the story of Horus/Set, Dionysis, Mithra, Hari Krishna, and OMG Harry Potter!

It's astrology!

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Thus is the real Christianity. The only question I keep searching for, was there a real Teacher, the Higher Up, that came to follow the path of awakening and show us the way? I still choose to believe this, that Christ is the Collective Christ Consciousness of man/human kind, and God's Son. However my faith in Goodness/Love and Infinite Progressed Consciousness and our connection to Spirit, within Christ Consciousness, is also strong, and doesn't need the props of the material world to make it real.

If you believe the testimony of the spirit world, yes, Jesus lived on Earth. Exactly how he lived is not discussed but what is discussed, time and time again, is he was not "God's Son" anymore that you and I are.

This is the true meaning of the Bible. The awakening of our inner eye on the frequency of Love and Kindness/Peace, to attain Higher Mind and Ascension, or grow up basically. Be ready for good realms.
edit on 30-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

Werks4me.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnyoneSeenJustice
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

OP I think you are reading too much into this

Jesus would not want the truth to be so Perplexing,
Jesus didn't have much if any say in the matter. My bet is that as a highly advanced being the choice was not to bring spiritual teachings, knowing they would be corrupted, bastardized, altered, miscopied and over-literalized or give to us nothing at all.

They/he chose the former.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOd

Very possible, but I do believe a man or group of people who taught Jesus' message was real. Rome killed him/them off then twisted his/their message by adding in pagan themes and throwing in Paul to clean everything else up for them.

The real message is that we are all One with God and that loving each other is the key to having heaven on Earth. We also have eternal life by default, but only those who understand that natural truth "receive" it.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

reply to post by TheOd

Very possible, but I do believe a man or group of people who taught Jesus' message was real. Rome killed him/them off then twisted his/their message by adding in pagan themes and throwing in Paul to clean everything else up for them.

The real message is that we are all One with God and that loving each other is the key to having heaven on Earth. We also have eternal life by default, but only those who understand that natural truth "receive" it.

To me, it makes no difference if they were apostle/disciples and word-spreaders or not. The data is inconclusive because the NT is so factually inconclusive. More than that, Jesus is a small part of the belief of an irreligious survivalist (moi) since I gain the majority of my spiritual direction and guidance from the spirits themselves.

What we are consistently told by those spirits, without any exception, continuity of life is for everyone regardless of belief or works since we are all part of an eternal Source or Creator or -insert title as you wish-.

Where you land, what ethereal plane or dimension, now this is another thing all together. Your destiny is tied to what you believe and, more importantly, how you have advanced - or not - during your stay in the material, earthly plane. By advanced I mean how well you treat yourself and others since as you say, it's about love and loving unconditionally.

Essentially, we are ethereal beings shelled in temporary physical bodies for the purpose of spiritual education.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOd

Personally, I'm under the impression that this is the only plane/dimension there is, this universe. We are this plane/dimension/universe experiencing itself, so if we are part of this universe then this is IT, in a broad sense.

I don't think beliefs have anything to do with where you wind up, you'll reincarnate into this plane of existence either way, but how you act and what you do defines what situation you will end up being in in the next life.

I believe this is heaven, THE existence, only we live on a very low-vibration planet within it. Maybe we can have different perceptions of this plane, but that perception is only another layer to this existence.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

reply to post by TheOd

Personally, I'm under the impression that this is the only plane/dimension there is, this universe. We are this plane/dimension/universe experiencing itself, so if we are part of this universe then this is IT, in a broad sense.

I don't think beliefs have anything to do with where you wind up, you'll reincarnate into this plane of existence either way, but how you act and what you do defines what situation you will end up being in in the next life.

I believe this is heaven, THE existence, only we live on a very low-vibration planet within it. Maybe we can have different perceptions of this plane, but that perception is only another layer to this existence.

The spirit world sharply disagrees.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOd

The spirit world is right here right now and is an integral part of the universe. You are already living in it because spirits (you and me) inhabit this body within this world.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

reply to post by TheOd

The spirit world is right here right now and is an integral part of the universe. You are already living in it because spirits (you and me) inhabit this body within this world.

The ethereal world is detached physically from the Earth but attached spiritually as we are attached spiritually to our true ethereal selves. I don't have the sense that you understand this, the reality of the Etherea, it's planes and dimensions and it's substance and way of life.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOd

The spirit requires a body to thrive.

Without the physical, the spiritual has nothing to experience. Without the spiritual, the physical has no reason to exist. They are two sides of the same coin, and we are that coin, meaning this existence is THE existence.

You can't have one without the other.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

reply to post by TheOd

The spirit requires a body to thrive.

Without the physical, the spiritual has nothing to experience. Without the spiritual, the physical has no reason to exist. They are two sides of the same coin, and we are that coin, meaning this existence is THE existence.

You can't have one without the other.

Yep, I was right.

Best that you go to the spirits themselves when speaking of the spiritual, yes?

Flint/Greene/Woods

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOd

Right about what exactly? The "spiritual world" is inside of you, it is the flip-side of the physical world and the two are part of the same system and same source. You cannot have one without the other, there is no evidence to the contrary.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join