It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Golgotha "Place of the Skull"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing
Originally posted by jcutler12888

Nice to meet you, and happy happy sense of humor to BOTH OF US. Its my birthday today as well ,the trining of planets making (for the first time ever) a star of David in the solar system. I am so blessed. Have no idea what it means, except I might be able to destroy the world. I have a Canadian friend (and others) they are French and love to hunt furthermore like living in Arizona rather than Ontario. Hi Jennifer, (Shes lieing, Jay Cutler Quarterback Chicago Bears is role playing as a Canadian Expatriot living in South Carolina, Duke University Professor,

jcutler
Wonderful to meet you! Awesome to know someone here who has a silly sense of humor like me
LOL, happy birthday!...please don't destroy the world (yet, LOL). My father has a Canadian girlfriend who speaks French (as do I) and is my age (24)...it's kind of creepy but hey, I have nothing against her or Canadians
. I hate the name Jay, my ex husband's name is Jay...his last name isn't Cutler but he used to get the Jay Cutler joke a lot when we were married, and I still get the Jay Cutler joke sometimes...I'm still not amused by it. Ironically, I am amused at how not amused I am by it...I should really lighten up! LOL
I'm just a law student, not a Duke professor...but it would be pretty cool to be a law professor at Duke one day :cool

World was saved at the last minute, I lost the coin flip. I was born in France but cant break bread with the language barrier. French Canadians are a tricky lot, expats, enjoy the cold and come and go freely into this country hunting our wild pigeons and muscrats. I need to lighten up as well, I was told that yesterday on my birthday, "SO THE POTENCIAL DESTRUCTION OF THE WORLD LIES IN YOUR HANDS," are you willing to take the chance, I chose heads and thankfully for the world population I lost as it was tails. Unfortunately for me now I have to get another 'ruse' together and this takes planning, next Easter maybe if the calendar gods can get a date set that makes sense (Its the 40 days after lent scenario). As a law student, consider this, after you have passed SC's bar exam, you can represent me in the "All humanity" VS Satan and its misdeeds" Civil action. Daniel Webster as proscecuting attorney (IM APPEALING because I lost the first round, I stupidly defended myself).
edit on 30-7-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

Good thing the coin toss wasn't in you favor
I can speak French, I'm surprised you can't seeing as you were BORN IN FRANCE, LOL. Who doesn't like the cold and hunting?!

Well, for future reference, he who represents himself has a client for a fool. And my retainer for class action suits will be $50K USD to begin with.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
when did the romans crucify thiefs ? saw a dead head sticker on a cadillac comes to mind

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Not to thread-jack, but you may be interested in this highly relevant thread I made on the very same subject...

Ancient Triptych Doorway - Encodes Spirituality of Duality and Pineal Gland

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Yeah, you covered some of the same points I did. Good stuff! Thanks for sharing.

All religion does is muddle up the simple truth that's inside all of us in order to hide it from us.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by geobro
when did the romans crucify thiefs ? saw a dead head sticker on a cadillac comes to mind

Why wouldnt they, ANY EXCUSE to get a body on the post, on the road to salvation, ROME; poor souls. Dead heads would be my first target, as they seem to be smoking something, (romans not yet introduced to Native American Tribes or daily practices of the Chinoise).

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Yeah, you covered some of the same points I did. Good stuff! Thanks for sharing.

All religion does is muddle up the simple truth that's inside all of us in order to hide it from us.

Can you think of any better place to hide this information that is vital and WILL NEVER EVER be suspected as existing within; so simple, ironic, unsuspected and in that regard; hilarious-- (god has a sense of humor).
edit on 31-7-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcutler12888
Good thing the coin toss wasn't in you favor
I can speak French, I'm surprised you can't seeing as you were BORN IN FRANCE, LOL. Who doesn't like the cold and hunting?!

Well, for future reference, he who represents himself has a client for a fool. And my retainer for class action suits will be $50K USD to begin with.

Who doesnt like Gothic Cathedrals, the mermerings that Mary Magdelene died in Burgandy. Notre Dame, North C.? Not South? I remember the rain and rogue chickens everywhere scattered by bicyclists. I remember my parents hesitant in going to dinners given by the French, as every bottle of wine opened had to be drunk, and as they were all called when empty "fallen soldiers" could amount to a batallion of bottles. 50K is fair, there is someone out there I can trick or blackmail for the retainer (close family members). I have many ready souls I can rob in the meantime, hourly cost is no object, but I warn you Daniel Webster is a tough proscecutor and known to resurrect the dead as witnesses.

edit on 31-7-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

The cross is the symbol of the Tav, the last letter of the Hebrew alphabet. A symbol for "covenant". Th

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Why wouldnt they, ANY EXCUSE to get a body on the post, on the road to salvation, ROME; poor souls. Dead heads would be my first target, as they seem to be smoking something, (romans not yet introduced to Native American Tribes or daily practices of the Chinoise).
it was the worst possible death only given to the worst enemys of rome 2 thieves are not going to get nailed to a cross the romans were not that bad

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

Rome was pretty bad. I guess you forgot about them throwing Christians into the pit to be eaten alive? Rome was the most brutal empire in history.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by veteranhumanbeing

giobro it was the worst possible death only given to the worst enemys of rome 2 thieves are not going to get nailed to a cross the romans were not that bad

So, your thinking is thieves were first enemy according to Tiberius? (BEST THIEF EVER) Barnabus Collins, (Dark Shadows soap Opera) or that other one Barney the Purple Dinosoaur, or the other one... HE needed to be the point blank absolute FLAG signature/signafore to explain RANDOM MURDER of the one in the middlle. The Romans arse is not that bad [we are speaking of Barrabas correct?], I thought Jesus absolved him so why is he still being spoken of? HEY who the heck was the other guy on the other side TO THE LEFT. According to random history there were 3 at Golgotha.
edit on 1-8-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

reply to post by geobro

Rome was pretty bad. I guess you forgot about them throwing Christians into the pit to be eaten alive? Rome was the most brutal empire in history.

Rome was inventive to quell the crowds, and entertain them. Brilliant. I almost have more mercy thought for those poor lions and tigers and bears, Dorothy, the Straw Man, Tin Man and Cowardly Lion than I do for Caligula and the set purpose to do away with the Senate. For me, it is all a strange joke upon the human, I look a things as movies, "Gladiator" "Glad to be in existance" describing that period of INEPTITUDE in Caligulas history. I WILL SAY THIS, proove that MODERN filmmaking 'is not exemplifiing attempting to duplicate past HISTORY' as in trying to EXACT as it as what I can duplicate (in CAN REMEMBER Word for word or action upon action and ITS purpose).
edit on 2-8-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

According to the gospels, Jesus was crucified on a hilltop named Golgotha, which when translated means "place of the skull" in English. He is also said to have been crucified in the middle of two other men who are said to have been thieves or bandits.

John 19
So the soldiers took charge of Jesus. 17 Carrying his own cross, he went out to the place of the Skull (which in Aramaic is called Golgotha). 18 There they crucified him, and with him two others—one on each side and Jesus in the middle.

I think this narrative is highly symbolic and metaphorical in its meaning, and I hope to enlighten you on what I believe it really means.

So two men on both sides of another man who claimed to be "the light of men" and "the light of the world" who were crucified on top of a hill which translates to "place of the skull".

The brain is located within the skull and has two halves with the middle containing the pineal gland.

On each side of the pineal gland lies halves of the thalamus, which has many functions, one of which is to relay input from the retinas to the occipital lobe, which in turn creates the image that we see. It also regulates consciousness.

Could Jesus on the cross with two thieves represent the pineal gland and the thalamus within our brains, which itself is located in the "place of the skull"? I think so.

The pineal gland's main function is to produce melatonin, which in turn regulates our sleep and wake cycles. The less light the pineal gland receives, the more melatonin it produces and vice versa. More light = less melatonin produced, which means less sleep and more wakefulness.

When we sleep, there is darkness, when we wake there is light, so Jesus calling himself "the light of the world" is a pretty obvious nod toward wakefulness and consciousness itself, and the parallels with the set up of the crucifixion and the thalamus/pineal gland only cements my opinion on what it is supposed to represent.

Paul describes those who do not believe in Jesus as "asleep in Christ".

1 Thessalonians 4
14 For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him.

Those asleep in Christ are Christians not non beleivers

As we know, the less light the pineal gland receives, the more likely you will fall asleep.

Jesus also refers to the third eye.

Matthew 6
22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

The "single eye" that Jesus speaks of is the image that we see. It is the eye of the mind, or the "third eye". If you look at the shape of your image, you will even notice it is shaped like an eye. The pineal gland is also commonly referred to as the "third eye", and it regulating sleep patterns means it activates the "light of man", which is consciousness. It is also referred to as the seat of the soul by some.

The singularity of the eye anology is that we are to be single minded not double minded as James the brother of Christ taught

If you make your eye single, your spiritual body (your image) will be full of light. Everyone's image is full of light, that is what makes it an image. Most do not acknowledge this though, because they have been taught to think otherwise or face condemnation.

So in short, my theory is that Jesus is within all of us, he represents consciousness and wakefulness, something we all have. Jesus being crucified on Golgotha between two thieves represents religion killing spirituality by putting so much emphasis on a man's death instead of his life.

No where in the bible is it taught that Christ is in everyone that line of thought comes from the teaching that God is in everything

Hopefully you enjoyed this thread, and hopefully I may have opened your "eye". Thanks for reading.

The place of the skull is symbolic of the place of victory that Christ has over the carnally thinking man the breaking forth of the proper place of the Spirit lead person rather than the carnally minded person

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by guitarplayer

What about the connection to the pineal gland and thalamus? If god set it up that way to point toward the part of the brain that controls consciousness, what does that point toward exactly?

Or does the set up of the crucifixion on "the place of the skull" (with Jesus in the middle of two others) not point toward the pineal gland and thalamus which are located in the skull?
edit on 2-8-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Originally posted by guitarplayer

According to the gospels, Jesus was crucified on a hilltop named Golgotha, which when translated means "place of the skull" in English. He is also said to have been crucified in the middle of two other men who are said to have been thieves or bandits.

The place of the skull is symbolic of the place of victory that Christ has over the carnally thinking man the breaking forth of the proper place of the Spirit lead person rather than the carnally minded person

So, if true and fact why do we have to replicate physically and not mentally (as in just the idea of ourselves will suffice).
edit on 2-8-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

What about the connection to the pineal gland and thalamus? If god set it up that way to point toward the part of the brain that controls consciousness, what does that point toward exactly?

Or does the set up of the crucifixion on "the place of the skull" (with Jesus in the middle of two others) not point toward the pineal gland and thalamus which are located in the skull?

You read too much into what the bible says that is the problem with Gnosticism. The symbolisms of it that Christ concurred it by His crucifixion, the battle of the mind. If you read the Gospels Christ proclaims that if one thinks on something like let’s say lust after your neighbor’s wife or you are angry and would like to kill someone. Then you have actually committed the sin of doing it in your mind. But that battle has been won though faith in Christ and filling your mind with Godly thought through reading the New Covenant. If you want to talk about the pineal gland then get on some drug forum and talk about D*T and Mushrooms.

edit on 2-8-2013 by guitarplayer because: text to large

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

But what about the pineal gland symbolism? It's clearly there, and it has nothing to do with drugs believe it or not.

I figured you'd avoid the question and then throw assumptions around. You choose to ignore yourself and only focus on a dead guy on a cross.

It's a shame you have aligned yourself with a death cult.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

But what about the pineal gland symbolism? It's clearly there, and it has nothing to do with drugs believe it or not.

I figured you'd avoid the question and then throw assumptions around. You choose to ignore yourself and only focus on a dead guy on a cross.

It's a shame you have aligned yourself with a death cult.

How and the world do you get the pineal gland symbolism out of a man haging on a cross? I am not part of a death cult but of a risen savior cult. And anyway why are you talking about the bible? From most if not all of your post you don't beleive in the bible. DO YOU?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

The OP explains it.
Did you not read it? I don't see any other reason why you'd ask that question.

Jesus' --death-- is the single most important part of Christian theology, because without it your sins wouldn't have been "forgiven". You idolize a man's death, so you are part of a death cult. Churches display Jesus' dead body on the cross at mass.

I believe bits and pieces. To sell a lie, you have to have truth as a foundation. Just because I don't 100% believe everything written down doesn't mean I can't be interested in it.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   

To begin with you have made the statement that with Christ in the middle He is the pineal gland where do you get that notion from? 2000 years ago did they even know of the pineal gland and what it does?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join