It's my Birthday, last year in review.

page: 1

join

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
It's my Birthday, so I want to reflect on the last year of my life, what have I learned? Now maybe you don't care, but you have to because it's my birthday and I said so. Last year before I turned 27 I went through a rough patch of horrible custody battles, not leaving the house, incredible social anxiety, and isolation.

I learned a good friend will come to your house, put your makeup on you, do your hair, pick at you relentlessly the entire time and force you into her car, dragging you to the bar. Thanks (name redacted) you've been doing that to me since Highschool when I go MIA That kicked off my year of being 27.

I learned that people don't change but they do grow, and you can't stop it. My year of being 27 was remarkably lacking of one very important person in my life, (name redacted). Who has done so much this past year I cannot put into words how proud of her I am. Her absence in my life was my own fault. I learned that jealousy can creep into the longest friendships and drive two people away from each other. I learned to let people grow without selfishly standing in their way.

I learned that when someone walks like a duck, talks like a duck, and looks like a duck... it definitely does NOT mean they are a duck OR that you should date them.

I learned (this towns) drama is alive and well, and also that I could stay in my house for 5 years and my reputation would still proceed myself, and if it bothers someone, tell them to f off. I did that a lot this past year. It was nice.

I learned a breakup after being single for almost a year can make you lose 30lbs, and getting married will make you gain it all back.

I learned that if you have a family member who you never understood, it might be a misunderstanding. Talk to them and you might find someone you desperately need who understands you more than you know and may not have ever known why the two of you never bonded. I love you (my aunt).

I worked my butt off that year and learned that the work most suited for me is work in which I can help people using the knowledge and wisdom I have acquired over the years in order to fix people's problems, NOT put a bandaid on them.
[7:55:46 AM] (Name Redacted): HAPPY BIRTHDAY VAL you are a wonderful
person and such an insperation, a wonderful teacher and a great friend thank you for everything. big hugs girl . Thank you (name redacted), you made me cry

I learned that your past can come back to haunt you, and it definitely did this past year. I also learned your past can come back to fufill you, and when you are standing next to a man in a bar while you are with another man at the bar who is ignoring you and in your gut you feel like you are going to puke, it's not the alcohol it's love and you should have ditched the douchebag ignoring you and ran off into the sunset with the guy paying attention to you right then and there saving yourself several months of alcoholism-ish behavior. Not that...that happened... ok it did, I love you husband.

I learned two impulsive people get married really fast.

I also learned that those marriages are some of the best, as throughout our marriage we have met couples who are married 50plus years that got married 2 weeks after knowing each other. We all agree, no matter how long you wait, it's still some of the most fufilling work and play you can ever have, time together first makes no difference in the deep complexities of sharing a life together.

I learned that marriage is a beautiful dance. With swords. Sometimes you are dancing, sometimes you are sparring, but each enriches the bond the two of you share.

I learned most people think I am a crazy *****. I think I already knew that just forgot. That was a rude awakening... considering most of those people are crazy *******.

I learned that some people from your past who you have not seen for ten years will always see you as the person you were ten years ago and there is absolutely nothing you can do about that other than say "Bless your heart".

I learned it is definitely possible to throw a huge party and have no one come.

I learned blood is not always thicker than water. I also learned to accept it.

I learned that you can screw up in the biggest way possible, and ACTUALLY LEARN FROM IT.

I learned some of the best friends you will ever know, you may never meet in person. To all my dear internet family, you have tugged my stubborn ass through some life changing events and for that I am forever grateful, and forever your family.

I learned that everyone grows up, and witnessed my little baby cousin do just that. I watched her become the new glue that holds the family together, challenge the norms to follow her dreams, carry an honorable/true/caring/ and absolutely pure soul with her everywhere she goes. I discovered you can find lessons from someone you used to rock to sleep when they were born 28 years later. I learned you can be humbled by their intelligence and selfless actions. Thank you (cousin), I am always in awe of you. I also learned first impressions mean nothing, and thank you for accepting me (cousins husband).

I learned friends come and go. I learned who my friends are. I learned you can only have a friend by being a friend, and I learned a lot of people aren't willing to let you be their friend.

I learned that children are a force to be reckoned with. Seeing my son through a diagnoses of Autism, to Developmental Delays, to finally Speech Impediment, and autism recovery taught me that we can all make it through anything. I used to think I was not the best mother in the world, I would go to lay down and night and think "Oh man I let him watch too much TV" or "Oh man I bought him Mcdonalds" until one night
I laid down with him to put him to bed and he said "Oh man mommy, I yelled at you today. I didn't eat those oranges and I threw something at you. Mommy I try to be a good boy but I am sorry sometimes I cant". I realized I had raised a little boy who knows the difference between right and wrong but doesn't always remember it... just like his mother.

I think I almost have that recipe memorized where you make lemons into lemonaid.

Let's see what 28 brings
Love,
Val

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VAL!!!
Sounds like you learned some important stuff this last year.

Our birthdays are feathers in the broad wing of time.
- Jean Paul Richter

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Happy Birthday to You!!
That was lovely to read. You have a great attitude (and maturity).
I hope this next year is kind and generous to you!
jacygirl

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by tanda7

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VAL!!!
Sounds like you learned some important stuff this last year.

Our birthdays are feathers in the broad wing of time.
- Jean Paul Richter

Thank you Tanda
I like to take stock of the knowledge I have gained occasionally, and I thought this was worth sharing

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacygirl

Happy Birthday to You!!
That was lovely to read. You have a great attitude (and maturity).
I hope this next year is kind and generous to you!
jacygirl

Nice Avatar
Thank you, it was quite a year for me.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Happy beeeeeeeelated birthday Val!!!
Hope your day is going well!

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Condragulations and merry birth anniversary!

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
HAPPY
BIRTHDAY

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
You say it's your birthday? It's my birthday too yeah.

edit on 29-7-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Well, wishing you a very happy but belated birthday!! Just friended you after seeing you on another thread. Seems like you had a really full year. But most important, you continued to keep yourself open to learning things, maybe sometimes the hard way, but you survived and are all the better for it. Life is Great and it truly is an adventure. It is your adventure. Have fun, be healthy and keep learning and growing......."It's a wonderful ride....." ~ James Taylor

top topics

join