It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Prince: Fracking Is Threat To Kingdom

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Saudi Prince: Fracking Is Threat To Kingdom

news.sky.com

A Saudi prince has warned that his oil-reliant nation is under threat because of fracking technology being developed elsewhere around the world.

Billionaire Prince Alwaleed bin Talal said the Gulf Arab kingdom needed to reduce its reliance on crude oil and diversify its revenues

.His warning comes as rising shale energy supplies in the United States cut global demand for Saudi oil.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Awe this just breaks my heart!

Ok not really I'd love nothing more to stick it to Saudi Arabia, and kick them to the curb.

Does that Saudi 'Prince' really have anything to worry about ?

I don't think so as the passionate AGW crowd tries to block everything that could make this country energy independent.

Sure they push their Alternative hydrocholro bull hockey pushing a technology that depends on the climate to work, and turn around and say the climate is changing!

Egads!

Were Oil is the foundation of the entire countries economy, and economic output from which there is nothing without it.

Some people hating fracking, they also hate 'war'.

Now If those people get off the anti fracking bandwagon there might be less 'war'.

Keep blocking fracking, and more 'wars' on on the horizon.

You can't have your cake and eat it too AGW crowd.

What is it going to be?

If by some miracle fracking does become 'acceptable' I will bet a fiat currency dollar Opec and it's 'Blackwater' AQ will be stirring up trouble to they can continue to manipulate oil prices.

That is my opinion others will vary with mileage.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 29-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
They should invest all their money in solar arrays as a natural resource, I mean why not its a dessert, nothing grows there anyway and sunlight is in abundance.plus it will provide jobs , people to build the arrays, people to maintain them. They could also keep the rest of their oil for their own infrastructure for an active shipping and receiving industry as they have control over shipping lanes throughout the area

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I am perfectly fine with natural gas being a good midway point between oil and going completely green. step 1 is get off the oil, and this seems acceptable...not by any stretch a end point, it is the morphine patch when getting off the hard stuff.

And over time, with solar, bio, and other techs developing steadily, we can ween off of that also without altering our lifestyle.

I wonder, if oil became little more than engine lube..would we still consider SA an ally?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Poor Saudi Royal Family! NOT!!
I'm sure fracking makes them nervous.
THe more the West breaks from dependence on Saudi oil ... they more they'll cry.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Probably seeing whats happening to Detroit when it failed to diversify business. Might have to sell a couple dozen of their Rolls Royces to buy new ones

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I would not be at all surprised if the Saudis are funding the anti-fracking campaigns in the U.S. I am with the OP on this, anything that is economically bad for the OPEC nations have to be good for us...

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I feel warm and fuzzy about that.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
goes to show that you should not put all your countries eggs in one basket(meaning primary money from one source) if the saudis dont have oil they dont have an economy and smart people have been watching this. as America becomes the worlds source for oil they will have huge economic problems if they do not act now to diversify their income they may find themselves in more economic trouble then even Spain.America is not the only nation with lots of income to be made from fracking either,Canada and Russia also have substantial oil reserves in shale form not to mention the oil that is allegedly under the polar ice caps in disputed territory

i feel the saudis should get into large scale desalinization and sell water to other freshwater poor desert nations and start a few irrigation/aquducts projects,all they would have to do is eventualy turn their oil shipping skills into water sales and they could offset the losses but only if they act while they still have money to spend on such expensive projects

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

So,natural gas is America's Methadone.
Hows that working out for the ex Heroin addicts?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I don't like their theocracy, but this I agree with, they need to get off oil and start to mend earth. And so do all nations.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I knew about this for quote some time, america will soon become oil dependent and it skills the saudis to hell....OH WELL!!!!

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
It’s not just Saudi Arabia. It’s every gas producing nation, with Russia being particularly exposed as they are hugely dependent on gas exports. Fracking has proven a God send to the USA and China is expected to shake the tree with colossal reserves.

What is certain is that all these one track economies which have dependency on gas exports will suffer. As most of these nations are tin pot dictatorships, autocracies and poor excuses for anything, we should see some interesting shake-ups.

Regards

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Saudi without Oil sales is just.......a desert.

Sooner the West stops buying their oil the better, especially geopolitically.

You can bet Saudi rises up the terrorist hitlist once we dont need any of their crude anymore.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DonVoigt

The EU had plans to help nations of the North of Africa to build solar stations to jumpstart their economy as excess energy would be easily sold to European nations or permit the natural gas resources to last long.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Its mostly propaganda one needs only to look at the costs involved and the technology of fracking to be able to see that it is a drop in the bucket and price-wise not a real competitor. There is nothing that provides the same level of energy/cost ratio than oil, gas can serve to diminish waste of oil but is no substitute in most applications...

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I have mixed feelings on fracking. My biggest issue is the acid used. It can dispose of bodies (as shown by a guy who fell into one once on accident). It can burn you very badly if it gets on you.

The upside: i am sitting on the Cline shale, heralded as the biggest shale find so far. Of course, there is a lot of landman marketing in that statement....but it is pretty huge. The natural gas reserves will prove to be bigger, as the GTL technology is pursued (assuming it isn't bought out and shelved....although it is already up and running in Dubai). So my hometown is seeing a boom that makes the 70's look like a joke. I am sure the bust at the end of this boom is going to hurt real bad.....but that is projected to be more than 10 years down the road.

We'll see.....

.....in the meantime, i am happy to help displace Iranian and Saudi oil.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

What is more harmful to the enviornment?

Fracking or DU rounds in some far away land ?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Was against this crap the start, I now want a disaster to happen to prove that those fracker fracks were wrong

edit on 29-7-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
I am perfectly fine with natural gas being a good midway point between oil and going completely green. step 1 is get off the oil, and this seems acceptable...not by any stretch a end point, it is the morphine patch when getting off the hard stuff.

And over time, with solar, bio, and other techs developing steadily, we can ween off of that also without altering our lifestyle.

I wonder, if oil became little more than engine lube..would we still consider SA an ally?

A morphine patch to get off the hard stuff?

Who's giving morphine patches to a junkie? Maybe your from a different country

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join