It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sept 21 Globel march for peace.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
This really says it all in my opinion. We should all try and be
a part of this march if it doesn't cause hardship. It truly spells
out how the only real war, is between those who want peace
and those who love war.

And that isn't just my opinion. It's a G-D fact of life on earth.
Let this a banner be here on ATS

Peace on Earth people. Peace on Earth.
edit on 29-7-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Why September 21st? Did I miss something? All I need is a time and a place brother and I hope to see a whole bunch of ATSers there.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

I found some details here and here.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

While I truely do believe in what MLK is saying, I also believe this.

Si vis pacem, para bellum ("If you want peace, prepare for war")

You just knew somebody was going to post that though, didn't ya?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Yeah, I'm not really into fool'in myself. Should be addressed even tho I'm at a loss.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Global march for peace?
edit on 29-7-2013 by WhiteNite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteNite

Sounds like a tuff task huh ?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Yup, lets go for a walk, and assume that our footsteps will sunder the MIC all by themselves and what not! But of course, we must remember at all times to stay out of the way of traffic, and not represent a blockage to the public right of way, or an impediment to the continuing efforts of commerial enterprises, because otherwise the police will righteously stamp on our faces....

You know what? On second thought, there is an easier way to achieve peace. Just nuke everything, and the whole planet will go nice and quiet! The only true peace is death, everything else is a fight that leads to it.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Wether or not it surprizes you, I do understand.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Sorry to be a downer man. I have just seen enough of the world to know that righteous assembly, while protected under the law of any supposedly just society, is only protected in the most limited of circumstances, and actually is treated as an offense until after the fact. At that point you may as well just make war, because the outcome is at least fairer that way.

Look at the Tuition Fee Protests here in the UK a few years ago. The kids were blamed for making trouble, despite the fact that it was only after thier route had been blocked, and significant numbers of people had been kettled (or corralled like livestock basically), and various agents of the law in plain clothes had caused a stink from within student lines, that things really kicked off to any degree what so ever. At that point, some poor bugger got a truncheon over the top of the head, permanently giving a previously promising student a nice friendly helping of brain damage, a student confined to his wheelchair by cerebral palsy was pulled from his chair TWICE by the same policeman who made the excuse of "being threatened by his behavior", crowds full of young adults and children as young as six years old were forced into confined spaces and prevented from leaving the area, even to use the toilet, and mounted police officers on bloody great horses, charged the boxed in student ranks on several occasions.

These were children, students, parents and teachers, whole families were out at that protest. And it was only over education. Can you imagine the carnage that a march for something as big as PEACE would invite?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Stirring the pot is always risky. But what do we have if we keep putting
up with their ways ? We get to live a lil longer. I know why we don't have
peace and why we won't have peace. Doesn't mean we have to lay down
and die like the cattle they think we are. Right now, our numbers alone
could at least scare the crap out of them. Something they are seemingly
going to remedy soon. At least from what I'm see'n.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

This could potentially stop the next World War! Ok, I know it has actually been on-going for 12,13 years already but many people don't see it as a World War. It is though and it's spreading!

The question is: Is this March 13 years too late?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Ran-devious. I've always meant to tell you that I love the name!

Any hoo - on that date I will be with my family in the beautiful Washington state wilderness for the last camping trip of the year, but I will be marching with you in spirit.
And if there is a "next time", I'll be sure to make that one!

Also - why all the negativity from some people about a peace march? Sure, I can see that most likely this march will change nothing - but why does that have to mean that everyone should just give up and bend over? Why are we filled with such a defeatist attitude before we even get started? Why can't we follow the brave example of MLK Jr. who took a stand against racist practices of the time with his non-violent march and rallys? All of us - regardless of race, religious preferences, political leanings, etc. can peacefully gather and march in solidarity to show that we can all be united against the warmongers of both parties. Give them the message that we want peace. That "we the people" are not being represented by our representatives who keep us at war. It might not get reported in the MSM, many people will think it's a waste of time, and some are even inexplicably against world peace - but that doesn't mean we should give up. The warmongers will notice. And we need to keep it up! Keep being peacefully in their collective faces with our desire to stop these endless wars! And we can not hypocritically give in to violent protest - it must always be peaceful! Perhaps one day, our wishes will get through to them and maybe things can change - real change this time! But even if things don't change, we can't stop being in their faces...otherwise we all end up being slaves to the governments of the world.
edit on 30-7-2013 by tallcool1 because: clarity

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

I think it has a lot to do with ATS and the type of topics people read here.
I myself think about the topic of this thread and with what I'm aware of ,
it sends my head swirling, try'n to see things from all sides, you know what I mean ?
But I do agree with every word you wrote for sure. I hope a lot of ATS shows up.

Thanks for posting a great reply.

edit on 30-7-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Where do I sign up? Where is this march to happen? Or do you just mean we should try to organize one in various places? If my health is up to it (an unknown variable generally) I'd gladly take a symbolic walk with people in the name of peace.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

That's pretty awesome Ace. Mark your calendar and pay attention
to community events in your paper around that time.
You may have to go big city if you're not in one already. i'm sure you'll
get the info on a happening in your area.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Won't happen here in America. People in Europe were marching for peace while American citizens were marching and demanding blood. 2003.

I'm all for a peace march though count me in.
edit on 31-7-2013 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

Americans will do nothing according to everyone.
They won't revolt ( good thing as that's exactly what TPTB want )
and they won't march for peace. Besides being lazy we're smart
enough to identify a rock and a hard place I imagine.
I plan to join the march. Even if I'm alone.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

www.gmpu.org...
Won't open for me and I can't see your banner either. Hope the whole thing has not been taken down.

new topics

top topics

join