It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toronto Police Kill 18 Year Old Alone On Streetcar. Caught on Video. I Am Speechless.

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Sammy Yatim: 5 unanswered questions about the shooting

1) Why isn’t the SIU investigating the Tasering?

2) Can TTC doors be manually closed from the outside?

3) Why did only one officer shoot? Why was the Taser used after?

4) Was the Emergency Task Force (ETF) called?

5) What is the official cause of death?

Link.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by vonclod

Originally posted by Caroline13456
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

You have CONTINUALLY attempted to justify this murder with comments such as "I feel it ended the best possible way."

This statement is indicative of a truly disturbed individual. You are sick. Get some help.You really do need help. Perhaps nothing short of a lobotomy would correct your misguidedness.

Suggesting that you are mentally unbalanced is not insulting you or calling you names. It is a statement of fact based on the disturbing content of your comments in this thread. (Unlike calling someone "silly person" which is name calling.)

I will restate what I said earlier. You should pray you never have a breakdown in a public place, but based on your mindset I would not bet against it happening.

this guy is the pot calling the kettle black..keeps saying those who dissagree are criminal/terrorist lovers

After they call me everything? Sure... people want to defend / excuse / victimize all that scum so much that they're willing to trample all the innocent civilian's right to safety, peace and security. I wonder what the people, specially the girls that probably got the scare of their lives on that streetcar think of all this. Now regardless of the ending, they feel really small and fragile and all the notions of safety they previously had went down the drain in those 4 minutes that guy spent brandishing a knife at them out of nowhere...

And this is another funny thing to think about... you keep thinking about the crazy idiot with the knife but not one of you are actually worried about any emotional stress the people in the streetcar might have suffered. Maybe it was a traumatic experience... but do you care? Do, you are worried about how a criminal was shot 9 times instead of being worried about law abiding innocent citizens.

Its a skewed world we live in when we worry with the wrong side of the law. Whats next? We ensure that every damn hannibal lecter out there gets treated kindly and gets hugged a lot so he gets the love his mother didnt give him? Next we pardon them... and hug them again... Yep that'll work. You're out of your freaking minds...

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The girls were scared. That is a shame that it happened. Having been scared and now safe doesn't retroactively merit death to the one who caused the scare. If so, lots of people out in public deserve death. This is one of the reason there are laws to follow, not emotions.

People do dangerous thing that scare people daily.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Actually they could shoot me BEFORE I pose a threat to anyone if I become mentally ill... if I cant shoot myself.

With due respect, will you please clarify for me what you mean by this statement?
I took it to mean that you would give permission for LEO to shoot you if you become mentally ill, and not because you are a threat, but simply because you are (hypothetically) mentally ill. Am I understanding you correctly?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Its really sad to see how many people here and around the world support murder. Police officers are trained for these kind of situations to NOT use the firearm. I understand if the guy was holding a gun to a hostage or pointing it at a another human being.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by RobinB022

Actually they could shoot me BEFORE I pose a threat to anyone if I become mentally ill... if I cant shoot myself.

With due respect, will you please clarify for me what you mean by this statement?
I took it to mean that you would give permission for LEO to shoot you if you become mentally ill, and not because you are a threat, but simply because you are (hypothetically) mentally ill. Am I understanding you correctly?

The moment that I cease to be myself I authorize anyone to spare me of the degradation and the suffering... but dont you think thats another matter for a whole different discussion? Lets focus on the issue at hand.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Originally posted by sonnny1
"Drop the knife!" and "If you take one step in this direction, you’re finished,"

Right here he's telling you he's using the 21 foot rule...
If the person continues in that direction still holding the weapon, and is under 21 feet, then this will be ruled justified under the way police are trained to deal with it.

I understand what you're saying here, it just seems to me that there ought to be some gray areas in situations where things aren't quite so black & white. For instance, the kid was on the bus-so this alone makes a difference in as far as the 21ft. rule is concerned. If for no other reason than the fact that the suspect had only one (or 2 if there was an exit door) way of getting off the bus and nearer to the officers.

It seems as though police are using more & more excessive force whenever they have even a bit of chance of getting away with it, or if they even think that they can explain it as necessary force, when the situation could have and probably should have been dealt with in another way. I say probably only because I wasn't there, but I really feel this was completely unnecessary.

I realize police are put into terrible situations, and because of that alone they should have more advanced training.. if for no other reason than to see the gray instead of basing all on black & white with never any in-between. If we were to be completely honest, some police officers are simply not up to the job and the clear, level headed manner of carrying out their duties and should be let go if they 'misbehave'.. because second chances for rogue cops only cost lives. It's just not acceptable to kill another person unless absolutely necessary - just because you can.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf

Originally posted by Rocker2013

The raw security video is also available here.

This video needs to be seen by everyone following this case.

A lot closer look at the final moments just no sound.

Its scary how much footage of this has been found. we truly are living in a world of cameras.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Taggart

Didnt see him "lunging", and I saw him standing exactly at the same position he was the whole time.

The point of no return was when the LEO decided he was in danger. I say its complete BS.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

i would agree some of the passengers will be traumatized..they will surley get over it, nobody got hurt its not that huge of a deal imho
i completley understand that police are trained to shoot at center mass..to kill so to speak, but it would seem only one scared rabbit cop fired..there was other ways this should of ended or at least attempts made. the canadian use of force framework was not followed..i believe the other cops didnt fire because the threat was not at that level
i saw no lunge at the door either

edit on 31-7-2013 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

This is priceless coming from the resident gun fanatic who also cheered on the Trayvon shooting. Did you actually complain about wasted bullets? You implied that the extra bullets were worth more than that young man's life.

I bet you watched the video and was like "Hell ya that mofo got what he deserved! Woooo Hooooooo!" You obviously have not done your research on the incident before posting your hatred or you would have noticed a few things.

But hey, wtf, even if you didn't know anything at all, the video says it all...but you are on the armchair sidelines clapping your hands...
Git ur done, I bet George Zimmerman convinced you to set up a neighborhood watch. Your kind have a VIP parking spot in a place we call Karma.
edit on 31-7-2013 by SAS101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Taggart

Didnt see him "lunging", and I saw him standing exactly at the same position he was the whole time.

The point of no return was when the LEO decided he was in danger. I say its complete BS.

I don't see why you are attacking me because I agree.

I didn't say in that post how I even felt, just that it's good footage.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taggart

reply to post by Taggart

I don't see why you are attacking me because I agree.

I didn't say in that post how I even felt, just that it's good footage.

I wasnt attacking you.

Just gave you my opinion of the video you had in your quote.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Its a skewed world we live in when we worry with the wrong side of the law. Whats next? We ensure that every damn hannibal lecter out there gets treated kindly and gets hugged a lot so he gets the love his mother didnt give him? Next we pardon them... and hug them again... Yep that'll work. You're out of your freaking minds...

You have made some good points in your previous posts, but when you engage in hyperbole and foolish speculation and "what if" scenarios, like your post's conclusion; you lose all credibility.

Talk about "out of your freaking mind"....
edit on 31-7-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
The moment that I cease to be myself I authorize anyone to spare me of the degradation and the suffering... but dont you think thats another matter for a whole different discussion? Lets focus on the issue at hand.

Reading your opinions on the murder of this young man, and excusing the irrational actions of supposedly trained armed police, I think this ship sailed long ago.

Maybe that's why you don't want to have the conversation though, because it forces you to confront some contradictions and truths too close to home?

Anyone who supports these cops over that teenager and can excuse them shooting him has some serious issues. That's just my opinion, but I don't think I'm alone in that perception.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I have just watched the video that the opening poster included. The police officers are asking the person (who we cannot see) in the bus to "Drop the knife!". The person on the bus appears to not be co-operating and there is a high risk situation which the police officers need to bring to an end. The video is 2.44 minutes long thus we are not privy to the full facts of what the person was doing with a "knife" or on the bus.

It frustrates me to no end when 'arm chair police officers' criticise the guys and girls that are protecting them and use a short video in an attempt to enhance the discontent they are (rightly or wrongly) portraying to gain stars and flags for their threads without remaining objective.

Police officers are highly trained individuals who should only use lethal force when completely necessary. The person on the bus could have been trying to throw the "knife" at the officers; who knows? We don't, end off.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Sure, you have a right to your opinions.

I have a right to suggest that your opinions are either evidence of mental instability or sensationalism in pursuit of self gratification.

And yes, I am going to call you a troll again..

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

Listen Professor, the whole point of the tragedy in this occurrence IS that the video is under 3 minutes long. The officer did not even try for less than a few seconds to mediate this crisis (which is his job) before blowing this young man away.

And I don't appreciate your suggestion (and it annoys me) that I posted this thread to get stars and flags. I couldn't care less about stars and flags. In fact prior to this post in the two years I've been a member of ATS I don't think I've even had a star or flag.

I am not anti police. There is no place for objectivity in this instance.This video is one of the few that is self evident. Unless you are blind (or sadistic) it is very clear that what occurred here was drastically wrong.

Hopefully some good will come of this. Maybe this will be a wake up call not just for Canada but for the U.S. too, that we need to make changes to our police officers' training and mindsets.

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30 >>

join