It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toronto Police Kill 18 Year Old Alone On Streetcar. Caught on Video. I Am Speechless.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

The kid didn't surrender and caused a whole bus to be evacuated. I'm sure if the cops approached him it would have gone badly.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
this is sick. star and flag

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I understand the emotional roller-coaster an officer goes through, when they shoot someone. I understand its hard to judge every instant, especially when it comes to life and death. That's between the officer and the suspect. What I dont understand is the emotional "turn off" that MANY LEO's switch, when they do their Job.
Protect and Serve should be a honor, not a burden.

edit on 29-7-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Whats wrong with just shooting him in the leg or something? Why shoot him 9 times? And the ones that defend the police are mentally insane.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

I believe shooting a kid with knife should be selective i.e. shoot him in his freaking arm - or leg. Why a lethal shot? That is completely unnecessary.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Things I have learned in this thread.

1. There is such a rule called the 21ft rule, which when used can be used to shoot people who have deadly weapons. Do not take in to consideration it was the police that approached him and closed that 21ft. Don't think about it. Go to sleep.

2. Rushing a police officer with a deadly weapon can get you killed. I already knew that but I didn't know that if I'm shot or hit the deck in fear of being shot as I know they are not playing games they are allowed to just keep shooting. After the shooting stops (and dead as in this case) you can be Tazered too.

3. Despite the police chief being very unhappy at this, ex police from elsewhere will still use the book as a defense.

4. The age 17 is 'essentially' an adult - The word 'Essentially' was not defined.

5. The general consensus is that the police shooter was wrong, agreeing with this means you are brainwashed by the media
*Does not include their very own Police Chief (What would he know)

After all that and despite someone saying the officer will not be found guilty off excessive force, I disagree and will be very shocked if at the very least he doesn't lose his job.
This wasn't a mistake, this was a disaster.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Like the right did with Trayvon Martin, why not dig up all the dirt you can on this victim to justify the shooting?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
These cops are trained to respond with deadly force immediately....they are trained to escalate the situation not calm it down....
The psychological profile for police is skewed and only bullies get picked....good for the elite..bad for the people.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
He could have shot him in the leg! Why annihilate him to the point of death? 9 bullets.... Who is he, 50 cent?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
reply to post by sonnny1

I also heard on the video one of the cops yell "Don't do it" right before the shooting started. What was the suspect doing? You don't know either.

and just how do you know the officer was talking to the suspect?
you hear "don't do it" and immediately after shots are fired, so what is the chance it was shouted at the SHOOTER? in other words it is possible a fellow officer thought the other officer was going to shoot and tried to STOP IT from happening.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
reply to post by sonnny1

I also heard on the video one of the cops yell "Don't do it" right before the shooting started. What was the suspect doing? You don't know either.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
The CBC interviewed his mother, I believe she said he collected swiss army style knives. The officer that did the shooting is suspended with pay. Everybody seems to be waiting for the inquiry.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Caroline13456

An example of an Comment made by a Sheep.

Looking to his facebook photos for evidence of his wrongdoing is NO different than altering his facebook page to try to enforce and portray the image of a perfectly innocent little boy (like the family is making him seem). Facts: He exposed himself to passengers on the streetcar then pulled out a knife and refused to cooperate with MULTIPLE police officers orders to stand down. Verbal warnings were given and disobeyed. The truth is now overshadowed by people arguing and debating his facebook pictures and image. Focus on the facts please.

exposed himself to passengers on the streetcar then pulled out a knife and refused to cooperate with MULTIPLE police officers orders to stand down. Verbal warnings were given and disobeyed.

Yet it was 12:03 Am and there were no other passengers on the streetcar.

If you are wielding a knife standing next to the streetcar driver and refuse to obey the police order to drop the weapon, you have just surrendered any protection whatsoever and you get what's coming, period. There is no validity in a 'he's such a nice guy' excuse.

Stop rummaging through the Facebook profiles of shooting victims

Those whom are defending the police are coming up with some of the ridicules posts i have seen yet.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

All of those shots were murder. For crying out loud, do police nowadays not get trained for situations like this? Really there was no way to disarm him? I sincerely find that hard to believe. I hope every single one of those police officers lose their job. Absolutely despicable actions.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Police panic. They're not supposed to. They are trained so they act by procedure, not human fear-based instinct. Unfortunately, sometimes they do. Remember the incident in the U.S. recently where that ex-cop went nuts and was hunting down American cops? Twice police opened fire on innocent civilians' vehicles! Luckily, no one was killed. It's not like in the movies.

The crime here is that the truth will be buried to protect the officer who did wrong. His bad judgment cost this young, frightened man (who was not a trained officer) his life. But the whole police force will look after their own and the mainstream media will probably play along. This will go down that the young man died due to his own actions, when in fact it was the officer who murdered him who was in the wrong and should be fired and charged with murder.

There was a YT vid released not too long ago where a young man, who was cuffed and no threat to anyone, was executed in front of other police and witnesses. Only the witnesses gasped and reacted at all. The other police all just kept their cool and acted like nothing unusual happened! Their 'Us Vs Them' attitude kicks in automatically to protect 'their own.' This is why we NEED an investigative body above the police. They can't be relied on to investigate their own. There is a network which oversees and investigates CSIS (the Canadian secret service,) so why not the RCMP, city police, etc?

Who polices the police?
edit on 30-7-2013 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Every police officer should be trained in negotiation.

Terrible things, like this, might not happen if that were the case.

Very Sad.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Reply by EstimatedProphet,

What if the kid did not actually have a knife or any weapon on his person and in the contrary, maybe the cops where scaring the crap-out of him with their weapons drawn for aggression and/or intimidation purposes to shoot the boy?

I believe that tazing him by a (Tazer-electroshock weapon) would of been a greater solution to that problem, accept that the judgment on the cops decision was wrong, because they wanted blood!!!

This should be a perfect example of totalitarianism, and not only this act but these acts by peace officers are occurring more and more frequent all across the world...Moreover, the bombings and school shootings are all portrayed and one in the same act by terrorism by cop, to practice and to train on civilian ground for something big, its called depopulation..!

This can happen to anyone at anytime and its sad because they will threaten to arrest you and even through you into prison for resisting and even verbally communicating with these bastards, but do not fight back against those authorities cause you will not win and they have the well to exercise their judgment on you, even if they are wrong!

My peace and blessings go-out to all of you, even doe I'm living in a world of constant crap and many people that know me are even against me because of these truth's that I speak about...They do not like to hear it, and when it happens to them, that's when I tell-um, "You See, and You Did Not Believe Me!"

Even those words will have me fighting with one of my own, but I have know one and I detest being here because the people do not believe and I know of what is going to be-fall all of humanity...

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Edit after watching several times i don't think there were 2 people.
edit on 30-7-2013 by KnowledgeSeeker81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I mean, the fact that the siren was blaring in the background eliminated any chance of talking this man down. Indeed, he posed a danger to passengers who were on the bus when it began, but the police were not there when it began

No one was harmed, and when the bus was evacuated, he was alone, by himself.

Being on a bus alone wielding a knife is a much different situation than being on a bus with a whack load of people wielding a knife.

The police arrived for the former, not the latter.

If they were simply "responding to the situation", they should not have drawn lethal weapons.

This is murder.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Geez.. after the Polish traveller Dziekanski dies at YVR several years ago, everyone is all up in arms about taser use and they they shouldn't be used, are dangerous, etc.

Now everyone is screaming that the cops should have used a taser instead of a gun..

Get it together people..

Or maybe you'd all like the cops to revert to billy clubs again? Let the criminals have the guns and knives and the cops can just sit back and let anarchy reign...

Good luck with that.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join