It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toronto Police Kill 18 Year Old Alone On Streetcar. Caught on Video. I Am Speechless.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

But it wasnt. Like it never is. he was arab, 18, armed with a knife and not obeying direct orders. And people are not very keen on trusting young arabs demonstrating unstable behaviors specially in large cities.

This was a lack of common sense. Of excessive force. Race? If you want to make it into that, go for it.

I'm sure the MEDIA will follow suit also.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Looks like the public outrage is having an effect:

The Toronto police officer who shot a teenager on a downtown streetcar two days ago has been suspended from his job with pay, CBC News has learned.

www.cbc.ca...

The police's Special Investigations Unit is going to launch and investigation. But since it's the police investigating the police, I'm dubious of any charges being laid.

Ross McLean, a security expert and former Toronto police officer, said:

"He was fairly contained. He was in the streetcar. He could have let that guy sit there all night."

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Oh man if this became racial issue, its going to be f***ery. Toronto being multicultural and Muslims in Canada are not that active.

We don't even know the colour of the officier.

But lets see.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Let's say I'm a cop. In this day and age I am probably trained to recognize a person's place of origin. In this case, a ___________. This young man cleared the passengers off the bus. Why? I don't know. Did he plan on taking the bus and crashing it into a highly populated area? I don't know. Did he have a bomb on the bus? I don't know.

Do I want to take a chance that this unstable person might get away with that bus, or set off a bomb right there? Would you take that chance?
edit on 7/29/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

Edited for effect - not an intention to misrepresent

Now that I've removed the descriptor from the above, let's imagine filling it with other labels... maybe "poor person" or "documented dissident".

How much propaganda does it take to put any group into that slot? What does it require before we say "OK well our rights apply to everyone but...?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

How much propaganda does it take to put any group into that slot? What does it require before we say "OK well our rights apply to everyone but...?

Not much.

And I thought we were ALL human beings........

Sheesh..........

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Caroline13456

Sad what this world is coming to.
They had the upperhand not only in the distance between him, but also had him beat by number of cops.

Pretty incomptent bunch of cops.
They played judge, jury and executioner and made no attempt via non lethal means to bring him to justice but delivered thier own brand of justice.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I do not need to know that nor even wonder about it. I do know that his forward momentum, IE the imminent "threat" people seem to be clinging to was removed. He was no longer walking towards a cop.

Or he could have simply “hit the deck” when the officers opened up on him.

Dear God do I really live in a world where I am arguing this point??? That I am having to say that a guy was not walking towards a cop - therefore the last six shots were unnecessary?

And what I am saying is that you can tell exactly jack crap from that video, all you can do is speculate. It can be difficult for an officer to tell if the man is alive, wounded, or just fell prone from feet way, looking between seats on a bus, in the dark.

I think that most officers, if they felt their actions were unjustified, would not have taken it to that point with the public standing behind them filming.

Originally posted by defcon5
You skipped the part where he was fired upon six more times.

That was all AFTER the gunfire STOPPED. So he must have still been alive to some extent even after all those shots. You have no more idea than I do how many of those shots hit, nor how many caused any significant damage.

Originally posted by defcon5
So am I to understand that we have crossed the Rubicon and the assumption of innocence no longer applies? That the appearance or opinion of guilt is enough for law enforcement to arbitrarily levy a summary on sight execution?

I believe this was “suicide by cop”, plain and simple.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

How much propaganda?

Dunno ask a banker,or a corporation, or a lobbyist I really have no idea how much propaganda it takes to put any group in a slot.

I wonder indeed.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stealthwatch
I just have to say this. It will cost me my log in but thats fine i will just make a new one.
Cops will keep pushing the limits till the consequences of their actions are too great. The force is full of mentally ill, murderous sons of bi@@@$ who is there for no other reason than exactly this. Bunch of jerks who find a legal way to kill and maim. So why not try the following. Those cops must be local thus people must know where they live. A bit of street justice goes a long way. You will not be able to take revenge on them but they must have a wive and kids or at least a pet. A eye for an eye. Go shoot his wife or kid or dog. Make sure to leave a note to say exactly why it happen. There is enough people out there that will be happy to do the dirty work on your behalf for a couple 100 $ am sure of it. Do that enough and those sob's will think twice before doing it again.

That only makes you worse than what is perceived here, which is really gross incompetence from the manual up, that probaly includes the manual. There are too many rule this and rule that encourage policemen to act mentally musclebound, and militaristic. Even the logo 'protect and serve' does not apply to anybody but the law.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The Cops were late for their donut break? If he was alone on the bus they could have taken a little more time.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro
It really does seem to come down to "Us vs. Them" more and more these days, doesn't it? The friendly cop on the beat is a thing of the past. They are faceless in the crowd and demand compliance and often take delight in enforcing unjust laws and apprehending people for victimless crime along with just serving as agents for revenue enhancement. My life means nothing to them any more but more and more I will see those police agents as a threat to my well-being.

Now they have become more militarized, more suspicious, and more threatening and demanding than ever before. The question I have is who is going to reverse that trend, or will it just become more perverse?

Oh, I won't argue that point at all. I agree with you for the most part.
I am simply calling this as I see it legally.
I didn't write the laws, and I never said the laws were just or fair.
If you don't like the laws, work to have them changed.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
9 shots from like 12-14 feet away?Whom were they trying to arrest,Iron Man?And the kid looked like a real scary guy(heavy sarcasm).

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
or set off a bomb right there? Would you take that chance?

I was not going to mention it, because its speculation, but this thought had also crossed my mind as to their actions and justification for feeling there was a great danger here.

Where have we all heard of the MO of someone stealing public transport using a short edged weapon before?
edit on 7/29/2013 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

"If someone kills 3,000 of my people over here, we have every right to kill 100's of thousands over there."

How is what stealthwatch is suggesting any less justifiable than the logic in the comment above?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Quit forgiving criminals, blatant threats to society and people that dont contribute with anything but with fear and insecurity towards law abiding innocent citizens.

Are you sure your not talking about the Wall Street Financial Terrorists that have turned this country upside down?
Get back to me when justice is applied to all for their criminal acts, financial terrorism and threats to society (Bail us out or else)

As it is now, none of the top dogs of the Big Wall Street Banks have been brought to justice.
Just given bail outs and bonuses to continue doing the same thing over and over.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Wow i thought ATS members are above media brainwashing.

Ok got it, Arab, he must be setting a bomb.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

I am all for that good for leaving. It is sad when you have to leave your country to live somewhere else to have peace.
Even worse if you think of it. To an usa you left a " apparent save democratic 1st world superpower" country for a " 3rd world drug smuggling, terror state" but it to find the peace and respect that you could not in the usa

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Stealthwatch

Sad thing is this Kid left worn-torn Syria to live in a first world country to only get killed.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

as for becoming mentally ill, in that case,

Your already mentally ill. Now get to it

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join