It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Resistance liberates Ramadi from US occupation

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Iraqi insurgents take control of centre of Ramadi
Tue Nov 9, 7:41 AM ET Mideast - AFP

RAMADI, Iraq (AFP) - Insurgents took control of the centre of the flashpoint Iraqi city of Ramadi after 24 hours of clashes with US forces, an AFP correspondent said.

The US military could not immediately be contacted for comment.

US forces withdrew Tuesday around 2:00 pm (1100 GMT) from Ramadi's main streets to their bases east and west of the city, the correspondent said.

www.arabicnews.com...

[edit on 11-11-2004 by Mokuhadzushi]

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Now thats more like it

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Post a source please. Those are just words until I see a source.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SiRiNO
Now thats more like it

I cant believe someoone actually thinks loosing a town to murderers and terrorists is good, well at least we know were everyone who ran from Fallujah went.

Please post link to afp since they said it happened or something

[edit on 10/11/2004 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Did a quick search for any such data. Aljazzera, nor anyone else is making such a claim.. In fact "Al" is reporting US troop moving in a blowing stuff up. War still sucks...............but go get-em boys.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Found this...

From: FOX23 -- NEWS: Clashes break out in center of Ramadi in Sunni Triangle west of Fallujah

Explosions shook the center of the Sunni Triangle city of Ramadi on Wednesday and U.S. troops clashed with insurgents, residents said.

Witnesses said they saw a U.S. Humvee on fire. Some of the clashes, which were continuing at sunset, erupted near the local administration building. Smoke was seen rising from a street in the center of the city.

And that�s all it says...

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
There is a difference between normal patrol movement and a withdrawal.

Is it me, or are has the number of blatant anti American posters gone up here lately?

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Agreed Howard. Although I'm cynical towards America, I'm no way against it. However, you are correct. There are alot of recent posts suggesting that the US is going down etc without alot of constructive criticism.

Oh well.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
See, now that's what pisses me off.
I'm not against America. I am, however, against the idiots running America because they're damaging our nation and not even acknowledging their mistakes. It's their fault we got attacked in the first place. I've been screaming for years about this $hit, but did anyone listen? Hell no!

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The sad thing is we have citizens wanting to move to Canada, people taking sides with the terrorists and thier cause, and a "ship" load of confused and scared AMERICANS, NOT KNOWING WHICH WAY IS UP.
Iran is making deals with China, North korea is still pissing in the wind and not a single one of us here in the United States knows what to believe or who to trust anymore. Personally as a true red, white and blue American I feel its time for our good Ol Cowboy to do his thing and lets just get passed all this, if you know what I mean.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
There is no "past this thing." You don't get it. Our foreign policy has made this an ongoing problem. It's not going to get any better until we address the real problems.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I feel its time for our good Ol Cowboy to do his thing and lets just get passed all this, if you know what I mean.

Word! Chinese subs have been spotted near Japan. North Korea has openly admitted to making Nuclear weapons. Iran is chanting "Death to Israel and America!" Russia is losing track of her old nuclear weapons. Whose going to make the first move?

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Way to go there Bahgdad Bob, No source, no link, no outside confirmation. Are you just trolling for points? Please put a link up to your information.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Where's the "Mudpit" when you need it?

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by drbryankkruta
I cant believe someoone actually thinks loosing a town to murderers and terrorists is good, well at least we know were everyone who ran from Fallujah went.
[edit on 10/11/2004 by drbryankkruta]

I can't believe you guys still think of the legitimate and popular iraqi resistance to a brutal and illegal foreign occupation as 'terrorists'. That is a myth carefully entertained by fox news but you shouldnt fall for it. Those guys are peace-loving fighters in pursuit of their countrymen's freedom and happiness by struggling for national independence from US Halliburton yoke. How can you criticize that attitude when you're not a Halliburton stockholder ?

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by verfed
Iran is chanting "Death to Israel and America!"

Could you please refrain from posting warmongering israeli propaganda ?

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Now thats more like it

Wow, how great maybe these insurgents can kill more Iraqie people as they seem to kill far more of them then US troops. What some Iraqie people want to be cops and help stop the chaos lets blow them up.

What a great side you want to win

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Now thats more like it

Wow, how great maybe these insurgents can kill more Iraqie people as they seem to kill far more of them then US troops. What some Iraqie people want to be cops and help stop the chaos lets blow them up.

What a great side you want to win

I think Sirino wants peace and self-determination to win, as opposed to warmongering american capitalism.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mokuhadzushi
Those guys are peace-loving fighters in pursuit of their countrymen's freedom and happiness

And your talking about Fox Propoganda. Im sure you think Al Jazeera is a unbaised news source too

Are these the same peace loving people that kidnapp Red-Cross or other Humanitarian Aid people? The same ones the kill Iraqies more often then US troops?

Im sure you think the most ruthless ones which happen to be foriegn fighters are fighting for Iraq's freedom.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mokuhadzushi
Those guys are peace-loving fighters in pursuit of their countrymen's freedom and happiness by struggling for national independence from US Halliburton yoke. How can you criticize that attitude when you're not a Halliburton stockholder ?

This is to imply that the reason that they are fighting against a force that will be leaving is because they are bringing in a company that the Iraqi people do not like? That Halliburton will infringe on their freedom?

BG

BTW, While I am no fan of this "war", the "members" cheering for the people killing American soldiers make me ill.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join