It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

New Orleans teen shot in the head by man who thought he was burglar

page: 7
9
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 




posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov
 


That has nothing to do with the topic at hand.



posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
reply to post by hounddoghowlie
 


I was a delinquent too, and was placed in your equivalent of juvie hall at age 13, and was doing 3 years for a stabbing and a bar fight at 17. I've known criminals nearly all my life, and they aren't all scumbags deserving of a bullet 24/7, or even when they are operating in an earning capacity. It's hardly surprising that your criminals might be more inclined to carry a gun, when they know at least one in three of the population is likely to have one. Criminals are practical people. They don't take a bazooka on a job where all they need is a crowbar.

edit on 29-7-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)


Oh, so a criminal here ATS gets to tell the rest of us how to protect our own property. And a foreign criminal no less.



posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
reply to post by hounddoghowlie
 


I was a delinquent too, and was placed in your equivalent of juvie hall at age 13, and was doing 3 years for a stabbing and a bar fight at 17. I've known criminals nearly all my life, and they aren't all scumbags deserving of a bullet 24/7, or even when they are operating in an earning capacity. It's hardly surprising that your criminals might be more inclined to carry a gun, when they know at least one in three of the population is likely to have one. Criminals are practical people. They don't take a bazooka on a job where all they need is a crowbar.

edit on 29-7-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)


Oh, so a criminal here ATS gets to tell the rest of us how to protect our own property. And a foreign criminal no less.



well at the very least, going by the way he worded it he has a fondness for them. and like i said, at one time when i was in my teens, i was on the wrong path in life, and only the grace of God brought me from it. but i don't hang out with them or i don't go around saying that they are good guys and they ain't scumbags, actually every time i run into some one from that time it's all i can do to keep from putting a boot up their a@@ or worse.

one of the ones i use to hang out with back then, got locked up on the bit@@ laws(Habitual Felony Offenders) here in florida. did 20yrs. couldn't have happen to a more deserving fella. he's just a waste of good air and there would have been no loss if he stayed in prison the rest of his life. i came close to busting his melon myself, but cooler heads stopped me from doing it.



posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
There are white collar criminals ruining the lives of thousands of families and you lot want your rights to shoot people who are trying to steal your material goods that you can't be arsed protecting properly with adequate security deterrents. No wonder your country is going down the #ter so rapidly.
edit on 29-7-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)



I will NEVER understand why individuals who do not reside in the United States have such strong opinions on our ability to determine what does and does not present as a threat. Frankly, it is simply none of your damn business. We are armed, deal with it ! I also get the impression folks of your ilk
ACTUALLY BELIEVE WE relish the idea of taking someones life. Right or wrong, a legal gun owner is going to pay dearly for his actions. The last thing in the world responsible gun owners want to do is pull that bloody trigger. I can't comment on this shooting. I wasn't there and have no way of knowing what was going through the home owners mind. AND NEITHER DO YOU ! I legally daily carry a Sig 1911. The presence of said weapon has PREVENTED two armed threats and a home invasion. I can, you can't ! PLEASE stop your whining about Americans and their guns .It is irritating and serves no purpose. Peace



posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
It seems like the beginning of a war. Pretty soon, we'll all be living in a war zone. TPTB are carefully manipulating the sheeple. It's a delicate process. A slooooow boil.



posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Why not dig up all the dirt you can on the victim like the right with Trayvon Martin so that you can justify the shooting.



posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996
 


we don't have to! his previous convictions for burglary did that for him,and being in a back yard with a record of being a robber tends to make the shooting all that much more justified,this guy will walk and will be forgotten the next time Zimmerman does something else heroic (like pulling those people out of the car) the parents of the child said that he had multiple convictions for robbery and did so in the media,where as if they kept their mouths shut it would be hidden from the press due to him being a minor.

so dont blame us blame his parents that failed to instill proper values in their offspring and the fact they ran their mouth to the press pretty much killed their child's case,sad that he will be brain-dead or actually dead but if you dont try to violate other peoples property you wont end up getting shot over a misunderstanding



posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
14 yrs old, I seen his photo looks like in his 30's

14 yr olds I know look like kids DAMN



posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by macman
 


Are you aware that some of the best reformers of young criminals are old lags who have come through the other side of the errors of their ways as a better person, and hence, are able to instil a sense of respect into young offenders that a straight-necked person never could with any amount of bullying or harrassing?

Well, it's true, whether you are aware or not. As a result of my criminal experiences, I've been able to persuade many a nephew and cousin that their lifestyles were going to take them down a rocky road. Not all of them paid full heed and they learned the harder way, but some of them have learned from my mistakes.



posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
reply to post by macman
 


Are you aware that some of the best reformers of young criminals are old lags who have come through the other side of the errors of their ways as a better person, and hence, are able to instil a sense of respect into young offenders that a straight-necked person never could with any amount of bullying or harrassing?

Well, it's true, whether you are aware or not. As a result of my criminal experiences, I've been able to persuade many a nephew and cousin that their lifestyles were going to take them down a rocky road. Not all of them paid full heed and they learned the harder way, but some of them have learned from my mistakes.


So in your world, we should all be criminals in order to better teach the next generation right from wrong.

No thanks. I like the idea of everyone following simple laws.



posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy
 


That's not what I'm saying at all, but thanks for playing. My point is more along the lines of it not helping anybody by putting "criminals" into a separate category of humanity that can be treated like pests worthy of no more considered treatment than extermination.



posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov
 


Most of these kids here, in the US, are career criminals. Meaning, they will always resort to a life of crime. There's no hope for them. For about every 1 child criminal that gets rehabilitated, there are at least about 100 that can't be. The prison system shows this with people living their lives in and out of jail. With the way the economy is, These kids have all the more reason to steal and make easy money.



posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish
 


They are products of an acquisitive society, not freaks of nature that need to be eradicated completely. Getting "rich"(a relative term) quick and at the expense of others is something that is actively encouraged if you are of a certain background. It's only when the poor folk do it that it's frowned upon. The Gordon Gecko's of your nation are a bigger threat to society than a million feral teens.


edit on 30-7-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
reply to post by butcherguy
 


That's not what I'm saying at all, but thanks for playing. My point is more along the lines of it not helping anybody by putting "criminals" into a separate category of humanity that can be treated like pests worthy of no more considered treatment than extermination.

But they are in a separate category.
The law is the dividing line. There are those who abide by the law (even if they oppose it) and there are those that break the law.
Ever wonder why there are prisons? Prisons are for those people that choose to break the law.
We don't exterminate people for breaking the law, and this case does not present any evidence for that having happened. The boy climbed an 8 foot fence at 2 am, presumably to steal the man's property. He made a furtive move when confronted. What did he expect would happen?



posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov
 




The Gordon Gecko's of your nation are a bigger threat to society than a million feral teens.

Maybe we should loan you about a million of them.



posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy
 


If this person was in prison, instead of in a coma, there'd be no story for me to comment on. You want to believe the shooter was in genuine danger, I don't accept it based on his word alone.



posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy
 


No thanks, we have a home-grown population that does enough damage without help from our colonial cousins.



posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
reply to post by butcherguy
 


If this person was in prison, instead of in a coma, there'd be no story for me to comment on. You want to believe the shooter was in genuine danger, I don't accept it based on his word alone.

I read that it was all captured on video.
It will be for a jury to decide, but as a jury decision and evidence did not convince you in the Zimmerman trial, I doubt that the same will work for you in this case either.



posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
reply to post by butcherguy
 


No thanks, we have a home-grown population that does enough damage without help from our colonial cousins.


What? They are no threat.

Just some innocent kids that need criminals to teach them right from wrong.



new topics

top topics



 
9
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join