It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you see your future in 10 years from now?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Wow, I like this thread because you are very wise, I can return in ten years and see how accurate I was.

Well, I think the next ten years will see a conservative crackdown on individuality and freedom as lining corporate pockets becomes the new moral compass.

As with any moral compass (including religion) society will be designed to make you feel bad for going against the social "norms." Basically, after a decade of disasters we might see people willing to sacrifice freedom for some safety - this is kind of like a sick and twisted horror-story version of the white picket-fence days of the 50's.

Things don't quite add up, though - there should be a war happening before 2020. Although I guess things could be suppressed until 2020+?

Ten years for me? Damn... well... hopefully I'm living with my room-mates, gaming, and moving forward with my business ventures like my band, nuclear technology company and my idea to make a local artistic / scientific golden age in Idaho while the rest of the world falls apart?

Maybe living a double life, one at home and safe with my friends and possible girlfriend (who is moving to the area) and the other in the public eye with a more daring approach.

I might find momentary peace if I ever travel back to my hometown and stay with my parents for a while.

I'll probably spend the next decade laying low.

Economic collapse.
Moral collapse.
Trouble.
Death.

*shrugs*
edit on 30-7-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
P.S. go to FutureMe to write your letter to yourself in the future 10 years from now and see how accurate it was! Come back to this forum! :-)
edit on 30-7-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
In 10 years from now, I am almost certain, you will see people swiping their hands on those RFID readers in shops instead of their credit cards.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Ten years for me? Damn... well... hopefully I'm living with my room-mates, gaming, and moving forward with my business ventures like my band, nuclear technology company and my idea to make a local artistic / scientific golden age in Idaho while the rest of the world falls apart?

I really do hope you will achieve all your goals.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
In 10 years from now, I am almost certain, you will see people swiping their hands on those RFID readers in shops instead of their credit cards.
If the system will be alive it might be so,if not, we will go back to paper.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Ten years older obviously.

It will be worse than now; very similar, but worse.

More immigrants from every corner of the globe, looking and acting as different from the population of their new stomping ground as they can muster (and encouraged by the authorities in this), ever burgeoning population ("it's good for the economy!"), more unemployment, disproportionate increase in immigrant unemployment, more crime and violence (though the government of the day will provide figures that say the opposite), more bizarre and restricting laws from the globalist control freaks who will continue to impose their twisted version of reality on the unthinking masses.

My GP will no longer look at me...he will simply provide me with a pie chart from behind his monitor screen, basically telling me I've got 6 months to live before I kark it from a heart attack, unless I quit smoking, take a Statin, and run marathons; he may actually be right - I will look older, be less fit, less healthy, be on a variety of "life-saving" medications that will be of more benefit to shareholders of GSK than to me.

I will be 5 years away from retirement, which no doubt will have receded further away by another year (or two); pensioners will be encouraged to live an independent life in communal homes as an alternative to receiving pensions.

Oh, I might be living in Wales then....though probably not.

Probably still in this wretched town, in the same (or similar) one-bedroom flat, still in the same (or similar) job - that's if I am 'fortunate' enough to still be working - my wage will continue to increase (but just a bit less than inflation, so I will become gradually poorer in real terms).

I will continue to whinge on internet forums, like a lunatic baying at the moon.

And ten years after that, things will be even worse....same problems, just magnified.

Ten years after that....I'll be dead before then, so who cares?

SNAFU

Just being honest.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Same as I am today, only maybe more grey in my mohawk.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Same as I am today, only maybe more grey in my mohawk.
But I thought you are a wabbit.

Oh,and..with or without the yacht?,

www.etsy.com...

edit on 30-7-2013 by piequal3because14 because: Ah those rabbits

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by piequal3because14
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Im not really planning to go away anytime soon. I will say that all the doom and gloom and Revelations n all else...I truely hope I dont live to see any of that.
The time of departure is not decided by us,but we cam approach that point or we can make it distant.

It depends on many factors,and the first one is how we treat our body and spirit.

But why prolong being here when you are not fitting in whatever this is. Duality here is a pain and others peoples duality and hate make me become dualistic and hateful back at them because I cannot stand bullying and small mindedness. If it where not for others like me or are on their way to become like me here on this planet, I would have left long ago. I have lost faith in humanity as a whole but not in single individuals. But I wish to be proven wrong. Hopefully humanity will have changed on a level that never have been thought it could in 10 years.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by CJCrawley

I will continue to whinge on internet forums, like a lunatic baying at the moon.

And ten years after that, things will be even worse....same problems, just magnified.

Ten years after that....I'll be dead before then, so who cares?

You never know,it might be better than you even can dream.

"The only real defeat in life is giving up your dreams."

Oh,and we all care.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

I too must say that I have no immediate plans of going anywhere anytime soon. I wanna see how this all plays out!

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Where do I see myself in ten years?

With a crapload of cosmetic and plastic surgery bills.

Darryl Forests
Being gay is a tough business

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mikegrouchy

Nice, yup, thats what i'm looking for.

Ya, it sucks, at first it upsets you, i went through
all the stages, but any more, its acceptance, not much
you can do about it, but enjoy the ride.
was not the way i had planned for my future thats for sure.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Nope, no sir, not me, not going to get that chip put in my body.
Sorry, but they can put it on a card you can carry, or in a ring
or bracelet or many many other forms, i decided a long time ago
that i refuse that, and will die in a pile of brass if needed to prevent
it.
I'm tarus, and live up to the standard nonsense the horoscope says,
i am very suborn when i set my mind up, some times it works in
my favor, some times it bites me in the butt, but once set on something
you can grantee it will happen, or wont in this case.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I haven't given it much tought, but I would like to stay alive in the next 10 years (I know it sounds silly, but remember that the future is unpredictable)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

In 10 years uh? If all goes well, i will be alone in a free, balanced world.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
10 years AGO, I asked myself this question....

How do you see your future in 10 years from now?

I started on a personal and financial quest to put myself in a position of wealth and fame.

Didn't make it!............

I'm not to optimistic about my future actually. Heart attack, stroke, cancer, dementia all a distinct possibility at my age; and as I look back..........

"What a long strange trip it's been"

edit on 13-8-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I'll be living in the country side of the states, helping people both with spiritual enlightenment by offering a place for lengthy retreats, as well as helping to rebuild a decentralized U.S. after its collapse and demise.

So lots of organic farming, greenhouses, seed bombing the sides of roads, bartering, trading, and creating an alternative system of market/trade, home schooling, off the grid educational system, etc

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I try not to give it too much thought, if one sets out in pursuit of something, that "something" is repelled and it ends up being a ceaseless chasing. There is more potential in nothing, there is nothing.

If one settles, as in stops pursuing and not just as in for less than one wants, there is balance.

The Dalai Lama, when asked what surprised him most about humanity, answered “Man…. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
In the next 10 years things will be pretty much the same, nothing ever really changes that drastically, unless a pandemic wipes everyone out

history always somehow repeats itself...i''ll most assuredly be dead so none of what happens will matter, as non of any of it matters as non of it mattered anyway.......in a billion years, all traces of man will have been erased

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join