It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Striking similarities between the Book of Genesis and the I Ching (Yi Jing)!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I was researching about one-eyed humanoids when I saw a blogpost in Chinese about Genesis-Yi Jing similarities, so I decided to share it with ATSers with and English version. (I Ching is a Wade-Giles transliteration. I'm not sure why it's still the prevalent form in English, but it annoys me a bit, so I'll use Yi Jing for the rest of the post. Sorry if you're uncomfortable with that.)

I'll use the King James version of the Bible and Wilhelm's version of the Yi Jing. (I reserve the right to alter Wilhelm's translation if I think it was mistranslated.)

For those who don't know about Yi Jing, A trigram consists of three lines. Each line may be solid (yang) or detached (yin). Each permutation of these three lines is a trigram; thus there are 2^3 = 8 trigrams, each representing a natural phenomenon. A hexagram consists of two trigrams, one on top of the other. There are six lines, giving 2^6 = 64 hexagrams. Each hexagram also has its own title. Each hexagram is accompanied by a very brief and hard-to-understand explanation. Confucius and his disciples have kindly written the Ten Wings to annotate each hexagram. I will be quoting the Judgement (wings 1-2) and the Image (wings 3-4) from time to time.

Admittedly, 'similarities' is not that accurate a term; to be exact, there seems to be a correspondence between lines in Genesis and Yi Jing hexagrams. A few of the connections are quite weak, and it's possible that there's no correlation at all and we're all just imagining it, but as a whole, IMO, it is really amazing to see such a correspondence.

Without further ado...

Source:
blog.sina.com.cn...

Day 1

Genesis: 1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Yi Jing: The first and second hexagrams are Sky and Earth. Enough said.

Genesis: 2 And the earth was without form, and void;
Yi Jing: The third hexagram was 'Difficulty at the Beginning'.

Genesis: and darkness was upon the face of the deep.
Yi Jing: The fourth hexagram, meng, refers to youthful folly (the world is 'young') but also represents 'misty'.

Genesis: And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
Yi Jing: The 59th hexagram is wind blowing over water. Quote from the Image:

The wind drives over the water:
The image of DISPERSION.
Thus the kings of old sacrificed to the Lord
And built temples.

Genesis: And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
Yi Jing: The 51th hexagram is shock/thunder. Thunder and lightning were muddled-up concepts at the time.

Genesis: And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
Yi Jing: The 40th hexagram is 'taking apart'.
Genesis: And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night.
Yi Jing: The 35th hexagram, 'progress' is fire above, earth below. Fire rises (progresses) from the earth. Quote from the Image:

The sun rises over the earth:
The image of PROGRESS.
Thus the superior man himself
Brightens his bright virtue.

Genesis: And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Day 2

Genesis: And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
Yi Jing: In the 29th hexagram 'gorge', there's a 'gorge' between the two 'water' (gorge) trigrams.

Genesis: And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament...
Yi Jing: The sixth hexagram = Water under heavens

Genesis: ...from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
Yi Jing: The fifth hexagram = Water above heavens

Genesis: And God called the firmament Heaven.
Yi Jing: The first hexagram = Both trigrams are heavens

Genesis: And the evening and the morning were the second day.

Day 3

Genesis: And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
Yi Jing: The 19th hexagram = earth above lake.

Genesis: And God called the dry land Earth;
Yi Jing: The second hexagram = earth above earth

Genesis: and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.
Yi Jing: The 58th hexagram = lake above lake

Genesis: And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
Yi Jing: The 57th hexagram = wind above wind; wind disperses seeds.

Genesis: And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
Yi Jing: The 47th hexagram ('ascending' - trees growing) is wind above earth. Quote from the Image:

Within the earth, wood grows:
The image of PUSHING UPWARD.
Thus the superior man of devoted character
Heaps up small things
In order to achieve something high and great.

Genesis: And the evening and the morning were the third day.

Day 4

Genesis: And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
Yi Jing: The 14th hexagram = sky above fire. Quote from the Image:

Fire in heaven above:
The image of POSSESSION IN GREAT MEASURE.
Thus the superior man curbs evil and furthers good,
And thereby obeys the benevolent will of heaven.

Genesis: And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
Yi Jing: The 30th hexagram is double fire: two great lights. Quote from the Image:

That which is bright rises twice:
The image of FIRE.
Thus the great man, by perpetuating this brightness,
Illumines the four quarters of the world.

Genesis: And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
Yi Jing: Tied to the above in the original blogpost, but may be interpreted as the 14th hexagram, using my 35th hexagram interpretation for the first line.

Genesis: And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
[On an off-topic note, why did the previous days have evening and morning?
]

[Continued in the next post]
edit on 29/7/13 by diqiushiwojia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Day 5

Genesis: And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life,
Yi Jing: The 58th hexagram is double lake. (A pretty loose connection IMO; there are probably better interpretations.)

Genesis: and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.
Yi Jing: The 20th hexagram is wind above earth, wind representing birdies.

Genesis: And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
Yi Jing: The 61th hexagram is wind above lake, so we have both sea animals and birds. (Centre - breeding life?)

Genesis: And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.
Yi Jing: The 45th hexagram is 'clustering' - multiplying. [IMO, the 55th, 'Abundance', might be appropriate.]

Genesis: And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

Day 6

Genesis: And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so. And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
Yi Jing: The blogger didn't link this to any hexagram, but I think the 45th hexagram - 'clustering' - fits here.

Genesis: And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Yi Jing: 13th hexagram is 'Concording People'. Quote from the Image:

Heaven together with fire:
The image of FELLOWSHIP WITH MEN.
Thus the superior man organizes the clans
And makes distinctions between things.

Genesis: And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
Yi Jing: The 14th hexagram is 'great possession', and this is a pretty great possession! [I moved this Yi Jing line from the Genesis line below. This line was tied to the above in the original blogpost.]

Genesis: And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.
Yi Jing: The 27th hexagram is 'corners of the mouth'. Quote from the Judgement:

Fire in heaven above:
The image of POSSESSION IN GREAT MEASURE.
Thus the superior man curbs evil and furthers good,
And thereby obeys the benevolent will of heaven.

[Pretty sure this is closer to the 27th hexagram than the 14th, which is what the blogger posted (see above)]

Genesis: And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Day 7

Genesis:Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
Yi Jing: The blogger says it's the 15th hexagram because King Wen wrote 'A gentleman's life ends well'. I think a better interpretation is the 17th. Quote from the Image:

Thunder in the middle of the lake:
The image of FOLLOWING.
Thus the superior man at nightfall
Goes indoors for rest and recuperation.

Genesis: And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.
Yi Jing: The 24th hexagram. Quote from the Image"

Thunder within the earth:
The image of THE TURNING POINT.
Thus the kings of antiquity closed the passes
At the time of solstice.
Merchants and strangers did not go about,
And the ruler
Did not travel through the provinces.

What does this imply? Perhaps the Yi Jing and the Book of Genesis have drawn from a common source, or something? Maybe a more speculative guess would be that they were guided by the same lot of aliens? What do you think?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
applauding your way of looking at similarities DW
and your post is composed very carefully and readable

just
...it really doesnt matter so much that "the Ching is similar to Genesis"
because it is a Mimick of the latter

as is the entire context of the Pyramid Spells and Book of Gates
...that is also a mimick , a re-creation of the original Genesis

hence, the I Ching and pyramid texts are using exact the same kind of analogies,
"water" for "dimension", "wind" for "breathe", etc etc

but the I Ching is pure Divination,
divination into Omens ,
and the area of Divination is ruled by the Gregorii - fallen ones
who, ofcourse, "give their meaning" to the seperate hexes of the Ching

in fact, I Ching is the ground of the TimeWaveZero theory ;
a closed circuit, repeated Endlessly, but ultimately under rule of the Grigorii in their Akashic dome

best regards,

join