It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Epic Game Cinematics

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
When it comes to cinematics in gaming, there is no shortage of high quality creations. I thought it would be fun to compile a list of cool game cinematics in this thread, with each member choosing their favourites. Please include a brief description of the game name, when the cinematic appears, whether it is regarded as a spoiler for those that haven't played it, and a link to the video. Also feel free to include what you feel makes the cinematic epic.

My pick:

Game: Diablo 3.
Appears: End of Act 1.
Spoiler: Lore: Yes, Overall game story: No.

This cinematic has many fascinating qualities; cool flash-backs, pleasing aesthetics, quality sound effects, legendary music, solid voice acting and spine-tingling dialogue.

Version 1 (standard version)

Version 2 (HD and with subtitles)

Edit: Video quality is better on YouTube compared to embedded version.

edit on 29/7/2013 by Dark Ghost because: fixed link

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I'm pretty old school when it comes to video games. I have to choose my favorite series of all time: Oddworld.

It has some of the most amazing art, atmosphere, and sound effects ever committed to gaming; and that's on top of it being the most amazing platforming/puzzle game ever conceived!

Is it any wonder that the creative director of these games is also a filmmaker/animator?

I expect no one to agree with me though

edit on 29-7-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
For story, all time fave has to be from Borderlands 2:

"Sup." I don't know why, it just gets to me every time. (That and when we toast Dave :lol

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I like this one, but then I like the humor...lol

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Awww, poor chicken!! I was really rooting for her, too! lol

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

I know! First time I saw it I was all Go chicken go!!!

Then POOF!!!

awwwwww.....

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Totally. My favorite cinematics aren't necessarily those with epic, awe-inspiring graphics but the ones with a kind of subtle as a sledgehammer silent humor that just fills one with satisfaction. Like Dave in Borderlands 2. No epic graphics or great visual artistry. Just a well executed and intensely satisfying cinematic:

It's the simple things in life that sometimes are the most pleasing and "epic".

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

And no Dave!

That is like the talking slingshot in the game Dark Cloud, a total smart ass...lol

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
The following is most definitely a spoiler for Final Fantasy VII!

For me absolutely nothing top's the scene in FFVII which show's Aeris's/ Aerith's death. Playing the game was the first time for me that I became absolutely immersed in a game and it's characters. That scene was nothing short of a huge shock... unless if you already know in advance, anybody who play's absolutely does not see it coming!

At that point in the game there appear's to be no imminent danger and Aeris is kneeling in a sanctuary praying for the one thing that can save the world....the next instance she is brutally mudered and all hope shattered. It's a very intricate storyline so I won't go on....just to say that the significance, meaning and timing of that scene is epic!

The scene it'self isn't anything technically breathtaking... it was only 1997 to be fair. But the emotional roller coaster it take's you on if you become immersed in the game ( which you can't help) has to be one of the most epic moment's in gaming history!

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I could link a bunch of them probably, but the one that still comes to mind is the dark souls intro. It really did set the mood of the whole game and I still think it's one of the most interesting and fun games to immerse yourself into that came out this whole year. It was in many ways the direction diablo 3 should have went instead of sticking to there old model.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

Ah I still remember when sephiroth killed Aerith's, it was a wake up moment and added a completely serious moment to the whole outlook of the game. The whole game changed tempo and mood after that part. Though looking at it now with the blocky characters it's hard to imagine how back then every kid was googly eyed over the new and awesome shiny graphics this game had.

Crisis Core was a good game to for the psp, it put in perspective some of the story.

Loveless: Act - 1

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

That scene drove me into killing Sepiroth so many times, over and over...........
any game I could find him in...

That is truly one of the most epic moments in any video game I have ever played!
I was going to post that, but couldn't find the revamped version of it that wasn't 10 minutes long.
(there is a remake out there that is stunning)
Here:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Has got to be the mass effect 2 and 3 launch trailers

Will spoil it if you haven't played the game.

I love the epic music and the way its created, music is by two steps from hell

I think they are ace :-)

mass effect 2

mass effect 3

edit on 2-8-2013 by Scaart because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I remember playing the original xenosaga which had a ton of cinematics, it was more like watching a movie then playing an RPG. But I didn't mind because those cutscenes were great.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
My pick:

Game: Gun
Appears: Chapter 2
Spoiler: No

www.youtube.com...

These are the first pieces of action after the shooting tutorial. And we're off to quite a start.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Cinematic should go hand in hand with Final Fantasy.

FFVII, FFX, FFXIII, are top examples, others are really good as well.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

I have a quote from Loveless - Act III as my signature....I love the poem

When I bought the game I booked an entire week off work so I could play it 24/7.....that may have contributed as to why I became so involved in the game
lol

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by burroughshere

Xenosaga was ultimately a failure to create something as awesome, of which xenogears was. It was slated to be a 5 or more part game, or episodes, they eventually cut it down to 3 games, or three episodes of which the original game Xenogears would be something along the lines of episode 10. They were going to go big but busted on it and cut suit.

But ya I think the cut-scenes in Xenogears were something like 8 hours and that was for each individual game considering that 3 games came out that would make 24 or so hours of cut-scenes. Most games have at most like 15 or 20 minutes of cutscenes, so ya that is a lot even for an RPG.

But I for one still want to see a Xenogears remake, rather then any more xenosaga episodes tacked on.

I actually checked and there are vids of the cut-scenes from the xenosaga games. I wont be linking them because there like 7 to 8 hours long.
That and unless you played the game they would be wacky and make no sense what so ever. Kind of like this scene were Albedo rips his own head off and crushes it.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SwanIsland

One game along with Red Dead Redemption which I never played or got into very far. There making a Red Dead Redemption 2 I think for the new systems PS4 and X-box one which are coming out latter this year or next year. By then I would want to play through the first game from beginning to end, everybody who played the game gave it nothing but good reviews.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

In my opinion the best final fantasy was 12, mostly because the battle system in it was and still is the best of any FF game. But it also had some of the best cutscenes and cinematics as well.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join