Same kind of "Tether Event" during GEMINI mission... 40 years before!?

page: 1
29
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
This incredible video from Luna Cognita show an amazing event occuring during a GEMINI mission in 1966. This event remind me the same event of the more known and controversial event of the "Tether incident"...
The "Voice Tape Recorder" (VTR), inside the GEMINI spacecraft, contain some very intriguing and revealing astronaut conversations that relate to various anomalies they were observing outside their spacecraft during the flights. Some of the transcripts of these VTR recordings are absolutely astonishing, and remind me to the "Thether EVENT".
Something like this...



The "TETHER EVENT"

edit on 29-7-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)




posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken
 


Sorry Arken but you really need to LOOK at these things and not believe what this youtube idiot tries to claim from his video



3rd line down

"could you give us an estimate as to how far that SATELLITE was yesterday.

Funny how he didn't highlight that from the page


That's at 4:02 on the video

edit on 29-7-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)
edit on 29-7-2013 by wmd_2008 because: line added



posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   




Why do people still use this video as proof of UFO's?


+3 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996
 


because, regardless of how many debunking videos are posted, some of us have seen plenty of UFOs and know they're out there anyway. and to be honest that particular debunking video doesn't convince me one little bit. i know what i've seen and i know what i saw.



posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyteeny
 


So because you saw something you couldn't identify, it's ok for hoaxes, fakes and misidentified objects to remain un-debunked and unanswered?

This is what I get from your post, please correct me if I'm wrong.



posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyteeny
 


You saw a UFO ok so have I are you saying It was intelligent? or like mine I have no idea what is was and it was flying,an object and unidentified?.


+1 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
reply to post by Arken
 


Sorry Arken but you really need to LOOK at these things and not believe what this youtube idiot tries to claim from his video



3rd line down

"could you give us an estimate as to how far that SATELLITE was yesterday.

Funny how he didn't highlight that from the page


That's at 4:02 on the video

edit on 29-7-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)
edit on 29-7-2013 by wmd_2008 because: line added



First of all, pseudo-debunker: RESPECT FOR LUNA COGNITA!!

Second you really need to LOOK at all the Whole video!
The "idiots" are who post different pages of different UFOs sightinghs!

What you post is about from another HUGE, "CYLINDRICAL OBJECT " with Arms... of a DIFFERENT GEMINI Mission.


What I refer to is at 6.24 min.

Pseudo- debunkers..... Nahaa
edit on 29-7-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken
 


I enjoyed the video, I don't know If I believe that the astronauts were talking about space debris or ufo's also they mentioned that they could not tell how big many of the objects were due to lack of depth of perception.
Cool Video though S&F.



posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken
 


Well I raise you this DID that idiot on you tube bother to read the transcript or just selective quote because people who believe his BS don't actually look for themselves.






Pegasus Satellite!!!
edit on 29-7-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)
edit on 29-7-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Whats also funny is how your you tube hero hides the time code from the transcript is that because there are 398 pages to look at as you can see I don't hide the time code on the documents!!!



posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008
 



If it was the "Pegasus", On a presumed distance of more than 10 miles away, you can see only a tiny bright dot.

However, this is not the sighting on topic.

The sighting, what you point at.... for another thread.

Because it appear to be the same HUGE ANOMALY of "The Skylab event"!

Thaks for the input...



posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken
 


Well we know that it is very difficult to judge distance of an object when you have no frame of reference and no comment on the fact he hides the time of the statements now if NASA did that YOU would be jumping up and down wouldn't you Arken nice double standards you apply



posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken
 


Arken thanks for the informative share. Yes STARS
Satellites
do exist, and you can somewhat read from the vocal shares that they were seeing something.

1 would think most Astronauts are briefed on what debris or potential other space force techs would be present in the region they worked and the way they sounded it seemed they seen unidentified something's... Logic says they the Astronauts would be told after first few exposures to adjust their vocal descriptions when sharing what they seen so STARS
Satellites in space, weather balloon swamp gas on EA*RTH
= something to 1 subjectively . Something that crosses the mind is hostility questions or were they ever shared to be or not. Thanks again for the share Arken


NAMASTE*******
edit on 7/29/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by Arken
 


Arken thanks for the informative share. Yes STARS
Satellites
do exist, and you can somewhat read from the vocal shares that they were seeing something.

1 would think most Astronauts are briefed on what debris or potential other space force techs would be present in the region they worked and the way they sounded it seemed they seen unidentified something's... Logic says they the Astronauts would be told after first few exposures to adjust their vocal descriptions when sharing what they seen so STARS
Satellites in space, weather balloon swamp gas on EA*RTH
= something to 1 subjectively . Something that crosses the mind is hostility questions or were they ever shared to be or not. Thanks again for the share Arken


Your detailed description of your line of reasoning is helpful and much appreciated.

Your assumptions are reasonable if outer space were just like Earth [and its atmosphere].

But what I keep running into is how such assumptions are not helpful, and often are distinctly UNhelpful, when applied to unearthly situations.

Without any intentional prejudicial put-downs, I have come to believe that there is a definite inverse correlation between familiarity with the spaceflight environment, and preference with non-prosaic, 'UFO'like' theories.

To try to remedy this problem, I composed my "99 FAQs About 'Space UFOs'", located on my home page [see my signature]. So much that any person with normal experience range would 'think' ought to be true about spaceflight, just isn't -- for reasons that very few people have ever really had to deal with.

Good example: "I would think most Astronauts are briefed on what debris or potential other space force techs would be present in the region they worked. " That's a completely reasonable expectation for operations on Earth's surface, on or under the oceans, even in the air. Things are located where they are PUT, with minor wind and current adjustments.

But not in space. Things in orbit stay that way by immense horizontal speed that circles the entire planet, and everything else in orbit ALSO circles the planet, criss-crossing EVERY other orbit twice with each pass. Objects 20 miles apart could be 10,000 miles apart in half an hour and then, an hour later, be ten miles apart. We aren't in Kansas any more.

Another case in point: the astronauts observed several objects drifting across their flight path, and interpreted this as they would an aircraft crossing their own vehicle's path -- the flight directions must be at a sharp angle. The objects looked like they were 'in polar orbit'.

But objects in different-inclined orbits cross each other's path at extremely high speeds. For a plane difference of only one degree, the crossing rate is 440 ft/sec. [you can do the trig -- use a base speed of 25,000 ft/sec ]. For thirty degrees, where something near polar orbit would have to be [or farther], that's a crossing speed of 12,000 ft/sec -- more than two MILES per second. Small objects would flash by and not even be noticed.

What the crew must have been seeing, based on the relatively gentle path-crossing speed, is stuff VERY close to their own orbital path. Most likely it was stuff sprayed out of the main object they were chasing, the second stage. Anything pushed sideways to your own vehicle's flight path will -- in space -- quickly reverse direction and in less than an hour swing back in front of you headed the other way. Unlike in Kansas.

It's really weird out there and stuff does unexpected things -- in Earthside terms. That has led to so much of the mass misunderstandings of what is seen, imaged, and otherwise documented.



posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaHawk
reply to post by ladyteeny
 


So because you saw something you couldn't identify, it's ok for hoaxes, fakes and misidentified objects to remain un-debunked and unanswered?

This is what I get from your post, please correct me if I'm wrong.


No because if it was scientific identified as a hoax or a fake it have been answered and debunked.
Until then.. its unidentified and a mystery



posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Onslaught2996




Why do people still use this video as proof of UFO's?



Why do people in this day and age still REFUSE to see what is right in front of their face.
Why do they habitually debunk or call into question any and EVERY piece of evidence put forth on the existence of UFOs?

The clearer the video, the more fake it must be.
The grainier the video, the more fake it must be.

Same holds true for photos.
You can't have it both ways.

Bottom line is,
There is no shortage of people who will completely and totally lose their # when these things finally make themselves known.

I'd hate to be near one.



posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
This incredible video from Luna Cognita show an amazing event occuring during a GEMINI mission in 1966. This event remind me the same event of the more known and controversial event of the "Tether incident"...
The "Voice Tape Recorder" (VTR), inside the GEMINI spacecraft, contain some very intriguing and revealing astronaut conversations that relate to various anomalies they were observing outside their spacecraft during the flights. Some of the transcripts of these VTR recordings are absolutely astonishing, and remind me to the "Thether EVENT".


Uh, Arken, here's a clue you desperately need.

When the conversation includes 'C' and 'CC' it refers to capsule and capcom, the guy in houston.

Those are air-to-ground transcripts. Recorded in Houston.

Lunacognita says [correctly] that the VTR was used when the crew was out of touch with Earth.

Then, all the conversations he shows in this clip, occur while the crew WAS in contact with Earth.

What gives?

Note that early on when Lunacognita shows an image of the front cover of a transcript book and pans back -- he fades out before showing its title. That might be because it's an a/g transcript, not a VTR -- although VTR transcripts might appear within the overall transcript, we can check.

And oh yes, these conversations have been discussed for decades, glad to see you catching up with the class.



posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeneralChaos
Why do people in this day and age still REFUSE to see what is right in front of their face.
Why do they habitually debunk or call into question any and EVERY piece of evidence put forth on the existence of UFOs?


Carefully examining every piece of evidence for an extraordinary claim is de rigueur on my planet.

It may be different chez vous.

Chacun a son gout.



posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
reply to post by Arken
 


Sorry Arken but you really need to LOOK at these things and not believe what this youtube idiot tries to claim from his video



3rd line down

"could you give us an estimate as to how far that SATELLITE was yesterday.

Funny how he didn't highlight that from the page


That's at 4:02 on the video

edit on 29-7-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)
edit on 29-7-2013 by wmd_2008 because: line added


You do realise that NASA use the term 'satellite' quite liberally?



posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Thanks for the opportunity to review this fine old story -- i'd forgotten about McDivitt's description of it possibly approaching him.

i wrote about it more than thirty years ago, here's one account:

www.jamesoberg.com...

If the link isn't working use the wayback machine to get the URL from 2007-8, it should be OK.
edit on 29-7-2013 by JimOberg because: fix url






top topics



 
29
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join