It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is new age feminism getting out of hand?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
First of I do have to comment on the video posted.
I thought they had changed the video on the BBC website when I saw it. I did not see any attack from the "feminist". I just saw a rather civilized discussion between people.

I feel that women and men always will and need to be different. That is a part of nature and also a part of the attraction between us.
To try and blend everything together to some kind of grey sludge would be very boring.
But with that said, there still has to be an equality as well. In respect, among many things.
I see allot of men being extremely rude to women and that makes me ashamed of being male.
I can also se feminists whom are very hateful towards all men just because they are men.
Extremes in any ways can be dangerous.
It seems like this is as usual all about the struggle for power. We need less of that and more of love.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bramble Iceshimmer
reply to post by bates

I think it's about time to try a matriarchy in all walks of life. The current patriarchy has screwed up the world, the environment and fought one senseless war after another. A new balance needs to be achieved if it's not already to late.

Don't even get started on the whole bible thing that was written by men.

My take on it is that if there is a God and Angels they are both and at the same time neither male or female and more an it that present in whatever context is required because a "perfect" being would have to be a balanced blending of both much like the Tao symbol that looks like a circle with two tear drops.

We are way past the need for a testosterone soaked muscled bound idiot to stomp though the bush dragging home a carcase for the family and willy-nilly sowing his seed as some imagined test of virility.

After a few thousand years of a matriarchal society to correct the ills of the world a balance might be achieved.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotel1
The main flaw I can see with radical feminism is that it treats women as children as in never to be held accountable for their actions, or subsequent consequences thereof. Never be subject to judgement but judgemental in everything. Action on feelings and emotions rather than logic, unfettered self indulgance in consumption and sexual partners.

It would be interesting to see what has happened to things like female suicide rates, prescription of anti-depressants to women and visits to counsellors/psychologists/psychiatrists by women, rates of single parenthood, STDs among women, and female obesity since the advent of radfem in the sixties.

I think that is nonsense.

You cant blame feminism for rising suicide rates, anti depressant usage, single parenthood, female obesity etc etc

If that were the case then why do most of these things show in men also?

its society, lifestyle, drugs, modern living etc!

not a direct result of feminism.

also you can be pretty sure that since the 60's sexual harassment in the workplace has reduced dramatically, and women are paid fairer wages these days,

so yeah we are getting there!

edit on 29-7-2013 by Lady_Tuatha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by bates
reply to post by Nevertheless

that's it, that's the one thing that really confuses me.

it's how nasty they can be to other women.

I was just watching bbc breakfast and the feminist campaigner was not very nice at all to the model woman.

no word of a lie, she looking at the model as though she was a piece of dirt whilst saying "we hate people who treat woman like dirt"

one of the most bizarre things i've ever seen.

That makes no sense and i have to apologize to everyone for letting our a laugh. More of a snort really....

Theres people who stand up for equal *insert cause here* but there are those that feel that its not equal until all the unequal things get ballenced out as well as everything being equal going forward.

A mentality like:
Its 'ok' for person A to take an apple
Its not 'ok' for person B to take an apple

Things get equalized and everyones allowed an apple, but B wants every apple they missed up to that point.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha

The main flaw I can see with radical feminism is that it treats women as children as in never to be held accountable for their actions, or subsequent consequences thereof. Never be subject to judgement but judgemental in everything. Action on feelings and emotions rather than logic, unfettered self indulgance in consumption and sexual partners.

It would be interesting to see what has happened to things like female suicide rates, prescription of anti-depressants to women and visits to counsellors/psychologists/psychiatrists by women, rates of single parenthood, STDs among women, and female obesity since the advent of radfem in the sixties.

You cant blame feminism for rising suicide rates, anti depressant usage, single parenthood, female obesity etc etc

Seriously I think the op hit the nail on the head with the this statement lol

The main flaw I can see with radical feminism is that it treats women as children as in never to be held accountable for their actions, or subsequent consequences thereof. Never be subject to judgement but judgmental in everything.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

www.bbc.co.uk...

Watch the video in that.

When I originally read your post I was thinking okay... So some militarized aggressive feminists are putting people down, bullying and generally trying to intimidate them. Not cool.

And then... I watched your video...

What?!

I may not exactly agree with her stance, but I didn't see ANYTHING disrespectful, or demeaning, or even aggressive in this woman's demeanor. She was educated, polite, and I never saw her even so much as look in a disparaging way at the model. She made eye contact, and engaged her as an equal. She expressed disagreement, but she was not rude, or demeaning. I'm not sure what you think you are seeing, but if that is your example your perspective is so skewed off of plumb you should probably look at what really has you so scared about an educated woman with an opinion.

There is a school of thought that is even expressed in feminism (although as a bit of an outsider), that women accepting and expressing their sexuality, and even profiting from it is a way to take power back in a male dominated world. Which, it can be; so I see where the model is coming from. The flip side of that is that we live in a world where as women gain more equality, there is something of a knee-jerk response from a still male dominated society to relegate them to ONLY sexual objects.

This is becoming more and more prevalent in the media, presumably as a direct response to the rise in female status. Men are much more comfortable with women that understand that they are really just there for sexual pleasure, (and possibly to produce children, but that is almost an aside these days), but they have no real power with that role, and the media has become a very fertile place to assert that role to men and for women. So I can see where the "feminist" is coming from too.

The push-pull between the sexes has always come down to that. Men are afraid of women. They are afraid of female sexuality, and the control women have over them with sex. So they use that very thing as a way to demean and control women. They strip her down (pun intended) to just a body, or in some cases just a womb. Conversely, women are afraid of men. They are afraid of men physically, and afraid of the social power men can wield in a culture that is still dominated by them, and so they use sex as a way to control men. Sometimes, this conflict can get really ugly and out of hand. Both sides can take it too far.

edit on 29-7-2013 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Whilst I agree with you, it was mentioned somewhere that it was a 'male' dominated

bank of England that conceded to a female representation on a bank note?

What did strike me was why on the lowest denomination of note??

Obviously a male decision

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs

reply to post by Nevertheless

that's it, that's the one thing that really confuses me.

it's how nasty they can be to other women.

I was just watching bbc breakfast and the feminist campaigner was not very nice at all to the model woman.

no word of a lie, she looking at the model as though she was a piece of dirt whilst saying "we hate people who treat woman like dirt"

one of the most bizarre things i've ever seen.

That makes no sense and i have to apologize to everyone for letting our a laugh. More of a snort really....

Theres people who stand up for equal *insert cause here* but there are those that feel that its not equal until all the unequal things get ballenced out as well as everything being equal going forward.

A mentality like:
Its 'ok' for person A to take an apple
Its not 'ok' for person B to take an apple

Things get equalized and everyones allowed an apple, but B wants every apple they missed up to that point.

great logic! impose fairness based off of a history you didn't live though and directly related to some mythical "oneness" that all women share

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by bates

I have seen it in many instances, and even on ATS where when one women wanted to be a stay at home mom, she is attacked and ridiculed by the "superior" women.

"what, you are a stay at home mom?.. you must be a servant!! you are a stain for the rest of us!"

Its funny, they think stay at home mom is something bad, its like they are not equal to men in every aspect(not true).

Kids better grow themselves up!, yet, courts give "mom" the rights to kids.. why? is there a reason for it?

My mom worked until she was 40, then she became stay at home mom for us(she had us in her 30s), but my mom still can make my dad shut up and walk away from arguments.
edit on 7/29/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Well I for one would never attack or ridicule a stay at home mom, and I actually dont personally know any women who would do that.

My mother was a stay at home mom, its a hard job. I think it would have been easier for her if she had of went out to work 5 days a week instead of raising seven children lol.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
we had a feminist who was the prime minister.
Wait till you Us people have a feminist in the white house.

Thatcher? If that is the kind of women that are what the feminist want then I will have a problem with their choice and I am one of those who say total equality no matter gender, race, sexuality between equals.

Hillary Clinton is not from my point of view something good either. Those two prove that politicians can become corrupted and small minded no matter what gender they are. I want generally nice people to change the world no matter the gender.

Jesus coming back as a woman not that would have been something I would love to see.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
reply to post by Revolution9

I love all this talk about Feminism being against nature, against the natural order of things, or being a completely unnatural thing that will upset, unbalance, and destroy society.

I suppose the below is your idea of a woman's NATURAL role in society?

edit on 29-7-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

Pigs in the wild are in fact run as Matriarch and the leader decides if the daughters or sisters are allowed to get pregnant. And I do not see this picture as something bad but very natural and I am sure the pig and the piglets are very happy.
. I think female who wants kids should be natural and enjoy the bonding.

Females should be able to have what is in the picture above if they want it and other things if they want those instead.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mfc1PLAZMUH
reply to post by bates

You out of luck My Friend..

Divine Feminine has taken over from Divine Masculine..

I dont know how it will affect the Alpha Males yet but it will be

funny to watch..

NAMASTE
Plazmuh

Now you are over exaggerating. Balance is restored between the two parts, but yes it will be funny to watch the so called men who think they are/where alphas.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by redhorse

the video has been edited heavily compared to the one on thew television this morning.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

Actually if you want to take animal kingdom as your reference, you would have not have many support, in about 90% of the mammalian kingdom, Males dominate the pack/family.

Females are limited to their "passing on the genes", while Males are not.

Biologically speaking, if women pass their prime to have kids, they miss out a lot(unless they never want to pass on the genes). Having kids late is very high risk, but i'm sure even women know that by now.

Its always funny my grandma, she always used tell me, make sure you find a girl that is younger than you! when i was 18, im like wth is she talking about, women is women, then later i realized what she meant.

Men = go for Quantity not quality for mates.

Women = go for Quality not Quantity for mates.

Obviously, everything above is strict biology.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

Oh my bleeding heart!!

Have you ever considered it was your 'martyrdom' she could no longer take?

Too much sugar and sweetness makes one sick!!

And a door mat is for wiping your shoes on!

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Men = go for Quantity not quality for mates.

Women = go for Quality not Quantity for mates.

Obviously, everything above is strict biology.

A generalisation and it might be right for 60% of the population but that does not make it true for all. I know males that only go for quality and I know females that only play the field and can't break free from the bad boy syndrome.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by bates

A couple of months ago an Australian guy I was playing Golf with basically said the same things you stated in your opening thread...Most of what he was saying was not nice but it had more to do with the divorce laws etc etc....Great Golfer though!

Might as well face it there are good people and bad people and it does not matter the sex or anything else...There is talk or I have ?read? in the states about about something making the men less manly and women more manly whatever that means....There are radicals in everything....usually very boring people who, it is their way or the name calling starts......

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Sorry let me clarify.

Males are (in animal kingdom) are mainly interested in passing as many seeds as possible, because few of them are going to be bad. Male species protect their young until they are able on their own, usually (1-2yrs - animal), after that the mother takes care of it until they can breed on their own.

Females on the other hand are burdened with carrying the young, they cannot pass the genes as frequent as males do, once they become pregnant, they need to take care of the offspring for the whole term. They need to choose their mate carefully.

In Animal kingdom, males prefer female that can bring up their seed(and the females genes), if the female engage with another male, while carrying/mating with a male, that would jeopardize this first male's offspring. Males tend to stay away from these type of females. < this was mainly referring to why males are more promiscuous than females and why promiscuous females are labelled a vulgar name over males.

On to Humans, Humans follow similar attributes, however, we have better understanding of life and how to harness that(technology, education, medicine), this makes us choose quality, for both sexes. If you want to further the genes, you will need to choose the right mate that will carry it for you. At the same time, the female should feel protected enough for their offspring to come to mature.

We should take into account of medical advancement, where we can make people living longer, or prevent detah during pregnancy, things like this refine us.

While being said how advanced we are as humans, those animal trait and intuition still exists with in us.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha

also you can be pretty sure that since the 60's sexual harassment in the workplace has reduced dramatically, and women are paid fairer wages these days,

so yeah we are getting there!

edit on 29-7-2013 by Lady_Tuatha because: (no reason given)

I never said it was to blame. I suggested it would be interesting to see if there was any correlation between the rise of those those social factors and the advent of radical feminism. Those signs of civilisations decline that I highlighted showing in men may also turnout to be a result of rad fem. In fact if you think about it its probably quite likely that the mores of rad fem impact upon men as well as women.

Sexual harrasment in the workplace has reduced dramatically along with wages due to a flooded labour market. There's that old cause and effect thing again.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join