It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is new age feminism getting out of hand?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum

Originally posted by bates
reply to post by lacrimaererum

People were getting accused of being rapists for simply disagreeing with that woman.

many threats were made. were made against this woman.

the simple fact is that a 21 year old man has been arrested today for threatening to rape her.

you seem to be trying to dismiss or ignore this fact and i can only guess you are some sort of troll yourself.

no one was arrested for threatening to rape anyone

he was arrested for malicious communication which could have been anything.

also, please don't call me a troll in a thread when i'm just being honest.

i even admitted i'm scared of angry women and not very intelligent in this thread. i'm probably doing the opposite of trolling.

link   

Originally posted by pikestaff
I just hope all the radical feminists can change a wheel, check the oil level, check the battery level, fill the radiator, fill the washer bottle, inflate a tire, jack up a car, know which way to loosen a nut............

Oh my, that sounds awfully hard

/sarcasm

link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
reply to post by Revolution9

Sorry honey but I cant debate with someone who clearly has a twisted view of reality.

Its just astounding really, I have the faint hope that you are actually a troll and could'nt possibly believe all that you have said in this thread.

People like you ( notice I said 'people' not men ) are impossible to debate with because I know no matter what I say I wont change your views, because its a way of life for you, much more than an opinion.

If it were all up to you, I doubt women would make it out of the kitchen.

Garbage! You do not know me from ADAM, lol! (Hint hint). In my relationships before I DID ALL THE COOKING AND ALL THE CLEANING because my ex was a NURSE and had to work hard. The reason she left me;

"You are such a nice guy Mike, but I WANT TO PLAY THE FIELD" (have multiple partners instead of being in a committed relationship).

That's cool because I do respect a person's choice. I told her I could never be a jailor. I let her go!

So you have just said a big untruth about me have you not? You see what I am saying? You see me as an instant enemy because I tell you feminism is doing more mischief than good! It is just whimsical trends and fashions. It will not last, but go have your fun. I am not your jailor like I said!

These days you would have a tough job getting near MY KITCHEN. I am a great cook. I make great Indian food and very healthy natural meals. I love cooking and do not see why women think it is a ball and chain. It's great fun. But then modern women come home and have a microwaved dinner because they ain't got time to eat healthily.

edit on 29-7-2013 by Revolution9 because: spelling and clarification.

edit on 29-7-2013 by Revolution9 because: punctuation.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
what special skills do feminists possess?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
what special skills do feminists possess?

Apparently not skills but sharp teeth

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by mfc1PLAZMUH
reply to post by bates

You out of luck My Friend..

Divine Feminine has taken over from Divine Masculine..

I dont know how it will affect the Alpha Males yet but it will be

funny to watch..

NAMASTE
Plazmuh

it won't affect the alpha males.

it just makes the weak men like me feel really scared.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

anger and boxing.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Sounds to me that you have let your previous bad relationship experience cloud your views.

Feminism is not a new fad.

It wont go away.

Deal with it.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mfc1PLAZMUH
reply to post by bates

You out of luck My Friend..

Divine Feminine has taken over from Divine Masculine..

I dont know how it will affect the Alpha Males yet but it will be

funny to watch..

NAMASTE
Plazmuh

it won't affect the alpha males.

it just makes the weak men like me feel really scared.

You mistake weak for gentle. I think you are a gentleman, like me.

We are the ones who will have to be forsaken why the women go have their fun and mess everything up.

Only the nice guys are suffering I assure you. But I worked through that. I found my own soul and can enjoy being alone now. Me and my little dog have great fun!

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha

Sounds to me that you have let your previous bad relationship experience cloud your views.

Feminism is not a new fad.

It wont go away.

Deal with it.

It will go full circle as everything else does. I am living in a time I don't want to live in that is all. Wish you luck because I am far from being a woman hater. I read lots of women authors like Alice Walker and Maya Angelou.

I got used to being alone now and like my bachelor lifestyle. I'm finished with all that.

Ok, enough said by me. Just wanted you to know how I feel. You can tear me apart now and rip out my heart, lol!

Have fun bachelorettes! Women will find their way...eventually. I was not the one who burned ya at the stake or bashed you. But I am one who has had to put up with the fallout! So it goes!!!

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

reply to post by AthlonSavage

anger and boxing.

stereotype much?

and after accusing me of 'mocking'

tut tut

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by bates

I love a good strong woman, keeps me on my toes.
I don't think there is a problem really as long as they keep making me a sandwich when asked Iam happy (jk btw).
So nah, no problem in my view anyhow.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

stereotype much?

and after accusing me of 'mocking'

tut tut

stereotypes are easier to live with.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution9

Actually no! I don't want children in this messed up world. I don't see women as sex machines and breeders. Engage me in debate instead of just using silly images. Where are your words you who are more clever than men?

See, you cannot debate properly! Why do you want to be the same as men anyway? Do you not see how all the fashon magazines want you to look like men with asses like little boys and no boobs! They are manipulating you dreadfully. What you see as freedom is bondage in my opinion.

You're digging yourself into a hole.
Let us, however, proceed.

Let's continue on the NATURAL order of things shall we?

NATURAL ORDER:
1. People throughout history have invoked NATURAL ORDER as justification for any and ever kind of treatment of the LESSER animals.

2. Emperors, Kings, Heads of State, The Wealthy, The Entitled, The Powerful have historically invoked NATURAL ORDER to justify how things should be with the LESSER classes, to rationalize poor treatment, marginalization, and even abuse of those who haven't the means or facility of agency to protect, or even better themselves.

3. White People have a historic precedent for invoking NATURAL ORDER similar #2 as it applies to the LESSER races, people of color, because everyone knows white people are just naturally better.

4. And now we come to Women and the NATURAL ORDER. Historically NATURAL ORDER equates to one party justifying or rationalizing the marginalization, exploitation, classification, stratification and sorting of another party into a category of LESSER.

See where this is going?

Invoking NATURAL ORDER is abhorrent, and only serves those who desire to have power over, or control of the subjects of NATURAL ORDER, where they, whoever is invoking NATURAL ORDER are justifiably the ones who are rightfully at the apex of the pyramid.

Thus, please, DO tell us again what the NATURAL ORDER of things is?
Did I miss something?

edit on 29-7-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
arguing over whether a man or a women should be on a paper piece of money doesn`t make women look equal, it makes them look petty and insecure, if the feminist think they won some kind of equality by having a women put on that money instead of a man, they are wrong.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
reply to post by bates

Sometimes a militant stance is required just to bargain down to acceptable terms.
Ask for way more than you want, and when compromise time comes, you can bargain down.
It's good tactics.

Ask for equality and only equality, and all you can bargain down to is less than you really want.

Besides that, who's to measure the length and breadth of 'equality'?
Will it be a white man that say to a black man "Behold, you are now equal"?
The black man continues to be told he's equal in the USA, but, the black man might just beg to differ.

Will it be a Man that tells a Woman similar as seems to be the accepted myth?

Do we need be given, told, about our 'equality', or allowed to declare it when we actually see it as so?

edit on 29-7-2013 by Druscilla because: punctuation and elaboration.

why should anyone trust you when cant even give a straight answer on what equality is. Of course an over simplified answer is what your expecting but just imagine if the answer is just that simple
. affording you all the same rights as everyone else= equality. Everything else is blatant favoritism

. Its amazing how an organization that only favors the rights of half the population " depending on where you live" could consider themselves for equality and why is it we don't see all these blow hard feminist in the middle east fighting and dieing against real oppression of women. If you really believe in your cause go to the middle east and fight the oppression there I mean is obvious right. I'm not talking about sending money or writing your congress man or women or telling the army, or alerting the press of the middle eastern women's plight, Get a plane ticket and go there seriously !!! Common hard core feminist walk around the middle east without the cover the women wear there " forced on them by men" drive a car there lol how about show your sexual liberation by having sex with a bunch of different men or women hell nobody is judging oh wait they are!! Seriously break the glass ceiling in the middle east

Its easy to act rough when your protected like some kind of endangered species, Its easy to send money, send support, write letters to politicians and media, make youtube videos, ect its hard to walk the walk go to the country and help the women change the government from within.

To the lady I quoted above I don't mean to insult you and your entitled to your opinion, But I tired of seeing that same opinion while the feminist organization turns a blind eye to the middle east
edit on 29-7-2013 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Thus, please, DO tell us again what the NATURAL ORDER of things is?

The natural order is the domineers and the dominated submissive. The OP believes feminists want to dominate men.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
The main flaw I can see with radical feminism is that it treats women as children as in never to be held accountable for their actions, or subsequent consequences thereof. Never be subject to judgement but judgemental in everything. Action on feelings and emotions rather than logic, unfettered self indulgance in consumption and sexual partners.

It would be interesting to see what has happened to things like female suicide rates, prescription of anti-depressants to women and visits to counsellors/psychologists/psychiatrists by women, rates of single parenthood, STDs among women, and female obesity since the advent of radfem in the sixties.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by bates

I think it's about time to try a matriarchy in all walks of life. The current patriarchy has screwed up the world, the environment and fought one senseless war after another. A new balance needs to be achieved if it's not already to late.

Don't even get started on the whole bible thing that was written by men.

My take on it is that if there is a God and Angels they are both and at the same time neither male or female and more an it that present in whatever context is required because a "perfect" being would have to be a balanced blending of both much like the Tao symbol that looks like a circle with two tear drops.

We are way past the need for a testosterone soaked muscled bound idiot to stomp though the bush dragging home a carcase for the family and willy-nilly sowing his seed as some imagined test of virility.

After a few thousand years of a matriarchal society to correct the ills of the world a balance might be achieved.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
arguing over whether a man or a women should be on a paper piece of money doesn`t make women look equal, it makes them look petty and insecure, if the feminist think they won some kind of equality by having a women put on that money instead of a man, they are wrong.

The people on those notes represent great people of great Britain, the figures on the notes have been dominated by men - Giving the impression that Britain doesn't really have any great women - Which is a lie.

Its not petty to expect this country to acknowledge the women who have contributed to it.

Im glad Jane Austin is getting her place. Its only right.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join