It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is new age feminism getting out of hand?

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

No, unlike some here, I do not narrowly define nor stereotype people into convenient little cubby holes where I may then fool myself into a false sense of security that I have any type of control over them.

Ok Miss President. Actually you should run for office you may be able to make a difference.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

No, unlike some here, I do not narrowly define nor stereotype people into convenient little cubby holes where I may then fool myself into a false sense of security that I have any type of control over them.

Ok Miss President. Actually you should run for office you may be able to make a difference.

I have, in the past, wrote those aptitude tests and, yes, I should have been a lawyer or a politician. It is what it is.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Whats profession did you end up in?

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Whats profession did you end up in?

1. Wife 2. Mother 3. Corporate Administration (no overtime, no travelling, 9 - 5; get home to family and to second job).

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

That's not bad scenario can think of much worse. I don't think your a feminist.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

That's not bad scenario can think of much worse. I don't think your a feminist.

I may be, but not just what is defined here.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Life is not usually straight forward. You should do what all the other girls did in this thread and bail and write your own Op, your own view of the world.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Life is not usually straight forward. You should do what all the other girls did in this thread and bail and write your own Op, your own view of the world.

If I bailed then I would have missed all the fun posting back and forth with you. Anyway, I like to post others' definitions of feminism as an education tool...here's another that has a interesting slant to it.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

lets just leave as that feminists are militant lesbians.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Sure, if it makes you feel better to think so, you are free to do so.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Yano this site is about denying ignorance, not bringing ignorance to it.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jephers0n

The 'said' poster presented them as fact with no 'links,' 'sources,' or any

verification at all ... seems it was only their opinion?

After very many requests for sources and links they are either unwilling or unable

to provide any

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Dostoevsky on Feminism,

It would be better to dispense with you, in this matter [concerning some feminist topics she was discussing], but your family, your children and your kitchen cannot survive without a woman … a woman has only one main purpose in life: to be a wife and a mother … there is no, there was no, and there will not be any other ‘social purpose’ of a woman. This is all stupidity, senseless talk, and gibberish.

The problem is that feminists think this is an insult instead of the truth.

"If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor."
-Albert Einstein
edit on 10-8-2013 by djr33222 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by bates

Oh ya there is a lot of them out there, most hide it pretty well but if pushed even just a little all of that flies out the window so fast its redonkoulous. To tell the truth the whole women were abused is kind of a myth, even in today's age and I have known some of these men they whine about. And lets just say they never had any trouble finding women, in some cases they lined up for them. To cut it short there is a great majority of females out there who like and thrive off of that stuff, you know all is fair in love and war. It is how they operate, now they want to make it into a institution, were they get to blame by reverse psychology there own faults onto unsuspecting males.

But for the majority most women do not really have all that much problems. Take a few minutes to really listen to women and what they talk about and what they argue about and what there fears are, and you will come to the conclusion that most of them are just living in bauble worlds, only held up by the simple fact and virtue of there sex and the fact that if # really goes down hill they can always get a man to fix it for them. If a quarter of the things they do and believe in a man tried to do it would not fly at all. Oh no not at all. And the rest seem to have been bread into some sort of user, incapable of even the simplest things and feelings to the point were they have to create whole games and social constructs to achieve the simplest things because they are incapable of doing it otherwise. That in itself is not normal and should not be, it intones greater problems bellow the surface.

But yes your fear is justified. Women by and large have a power not only over men though waning in this day and age, but by extension society in general. Why is it that you think in every society so far they tried to entoll women toward certain ends? Even those commercials and everything in our current society works like that. And worse they never want to take any responsibility for anything, there like little children who never actually had to put in the effort in some things and over generations and thousands of years they have become completely undependable in certain things. Merely a tool of those in power or those who know how this male and female duality work, and yes there even is a truth to old story's such as the one about eve the serpent and the apple. Lets just say its likely that some man will have to pay for some woman's constant inability to think before she does something, most of which is your fault and mans in general because of the centuries of constant pampering has created not only the social classes but the underling norms and conditions for them and much more. So yes I am a big believer of letting women do as they will and equality, its way past time for them to hold there own realities together and quit expecting other to do it for them. Because one day that to will fall like a deck of cards.

To put it quite simply and not intoned to feminism in general but they have a sort of envy and spite. And yes its all about power and control. Both for them and others. But mostly others. The serpent works in mysterious ways.
I dont know I think it may be more beneficial to split this whole experiment up anyways, its just not working, its been so far an epic failure. Were still arguing about the same # we were arguing in history and prehistory and even before history.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

we had a feminist who was the prime minister.
Wait till you Us people have a feminist in the white house.

The White House already has no 'balls'.

Lots of people like to think it does, but, it's really just a figurehead.

While a Woman President would be nice, it'd only be token, and overrated with little of actual benefit done.

What's a black man in the White House done for black men?
edit on 29-7-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

And there are women who have ruled whole nations and peoples. Some of which are one of the most influential rich and powerful peoples in the world. Look at the line of queens in England now and when Britain was an empire or of Spain or other nations, I mean who sent Columbus here in the first place under who's graces and funds did he go? And yet none of that has done anything for women at all.

The whole thing is stupid. People still dont get that men and women are almost but not quite two different creature, who live in almost but not quite two different worlds. In the future it may even be prudent to make it so in deed and fact just so we can move on with all this constant malarkey.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

And this is Exactly what the problem is. For thousands of years women have been put in a box, told how to think, told how to feel, told what their purpose in life is - Get married, produce babies, raise babies, do it quietly.

Really lets overlook that fact that millions of years or billions if you count the first time two cells decided of nature have made women prone to wanting to produce babys. Oh no its mans fault that women have had babies all these hundreds of thousands of years. Oh ya it was all mens fault that women were produced by nature to have babies and that all the societies they have helped make by choosing which males to procreate with over the many thousands and thousands of years have put them into boxes...NO really grow up.

Now we get to the 21st century and women want everything they've missed out on - Careers, Independence, The right to explore their own sexuality with as many partners as they wish without being outcast by patriarchal societies.

Um Nope...Plenty of women do that already, if you want a career go ahead. Our society is more geared toward females anyways. And in the past, well somehow I don't see many women wanting to be a factory worker working for peanuts, or sweating and dieing in coal mines when the industrial revolution was happening and the barons were forcing people off there lands and into the workhouses...Oh ya I am sure you missed quite a lot in that patriarchal society. NO really I am starting to believe that women did miss a lot staying at home in the kitchen and completely did not really understand how the world worked at that time. Or now. Your wish shall be granted.

Oh and on sexual liberation. Most females have a bunch of sexual partners by the time there 15 years old, in fact type in sex and women in the Google and see just how restrained women are in the sexual department. You have women sleeping with hundreds of men or thousands in some cases, I would not call that being outcast or restrained in any ways. But yes if your comparing it to roman era times that may be a bit restrained. Depends on how you look at it...Or if you look at it...At all.

The reason why the modern women is such a shock for some men is because they dont understand one of the most basic facts about the female sex - Our vagina's dont make us who are or who you want us to be. We are human beings and we all have different needs and aspirations. Deal with it.

Oh we understand. Its you who seem to be not only stubborn in this, but what seems like almost incapable of understanding some things. You should take your own advice here. Because I will, and yes general the gender who you are born into has something to do with the outlook you will have in life, its just plain common sense.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution9
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

The Medea plays

Check out Euripedes warning to Civilization in The Medea Plays. I studied them hard and know what this is about.

Notice how the word MEDIA is directly taken from these plays.

Point well taken.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

You have not broken anything. Just admit it women like you and the others get yourself into these sort of messes then by whine that it was all the menz fault. And the poor fool who actually falls for that # may need the real help. And yes its women like you who not only breed the kind of men you always whine about, but support them as well, and that by extension is the societies you both create. One day you just may have to wake up to that, and it just may be a rude awakening.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Were exactly did he use the words "natural order" In the quote you provided I can not see it. And the term natural order has been used a lot to define and control peoples, yet mostly that was social hierarchy done by the upper classes, or a theocracy were natural order was supplanted and refashioned into a religious model.

And is it really a fail to equate a natural order of things when you say that men have penises and women have vaginas, and there fore they are inclined toward certain ways and things and there by constricted by there biological makeup in certain ways? You being a "dis" discordian I can understand the stance...But really dude? Equating simple facts of actual functional nature processes to human made constructs such as theologies, religions, social hierarchy, and power structures.

Are we even talking about the same # here. In what context would you put all of that, because its vague, very vague. And even those things you list would not have happened if both male and females were not involved in there creation, when in fact it had little to do with the particular sex, and more with the power of a group over another of which both and any group involved both had male and female members in it.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Oh ya all you have to do to get women off is say...Oh look men said that you cant do so and so, or oh look men have it much easier working 80 plus hours a week for this company or corporation you must not let him have all the fun and power.
Its how they got women to smoke, all they had to do is make it look like men were keeping women from smoking...And bam...Profit. Sure there may be some women on the top of the pyramid who would thrive off this mostly because they never have to actually put up with any of it, but for the rest there just packing more # unto themselves like good workhorses. Following in mans footsteps.

But it is the path they have chosen, who knows ultimately may be for the best as things digress from here. Or not, and things may head in completely opposite directions never to look back. In the end no one can really make you do something you really don't want, and no one can sell you something your really do not covet. Time will tell. But then again time is telling it day in and day out. And the picture its painting is right there 24/7 what is. Is what will be and time does not really exist, and only the present can be said to be real. And what the present says is that this whole thing is a #atstick clusterfunk. Judging alone by these threads which come every or so months that is plain obvious.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25 >>

join