It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is new age feminism getting out of hand?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by InTheLight

So predictable. So..... pity!

Don't be that way, I have tried to bring the peace to this thread.

I'm not trying to disrupt your peace...I am just letting everyone know that threads of this type always end the same way and, to me, it is a great pity.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I'm not trying to disrupt your peace...I am just letting everyone know that threads of this type always end the same way and, to me, it is a great pity.

What did you expect to come out of it, a solution to?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

What did you expect to come out of it, a solution to?

Not at all, that is why I did not join in at the onset.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

You just won the prize for most wise person on this thread.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

You just won the prize for most wise person on this thread.

Thanks, but maybe I don't deserve it because I eventually did have to post my thoughts on this thread.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Well with any organized group or social circle however you want to group them together. You will have extremists. But that doesn't mean the group in general is bad. I'm a feminist but I understand the male counterpart is a necessity to life.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by 9ArchaBallet9

Those are insightful words Archa. Welcome to ATS!

Feminism is just a platform and I don't dislike the platform per se. I have thrown around a lot of pointed barbs in this thread aimed at feminism because it seems like some women concerned with the "woman question" only want to show their teeth instead of discussing the issues honestly and openly. When men want to talk about male issues certain women think they are conspiring to subjugate women like they have been for centuries so they try to kick down the door and start barking.

It is doubly upsetting for men because we have an innate instinct to protect women, and when those feral militants concerned with the woman question come out to play men are more likely to let themselves be abused because of this instinct.

Psychologist Warren Farrell, in his prophetic book The Myth of Male Power,written in 1993, talks about “the men’s movement as an evolutionary shift” and says the movement will be “the most incremental of movements” because it is “hard to confront the feelings we’ve learned to repress and hard to confront the women we’ve learned to protect.”

richwatch.net...

The male Praying Mantis allows the female to devour him after sex to unsure her survival.
edit on 7-8-2013 by djr33222 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by djr33222

The same could be said about us women who naturally are born with a psychological mind set to "nurture". Because of this want or need instinct to "mother" we also are taken advantage of. The truth is there are turds on both sides!

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 9ArchaBallet9

Very true.

Just yesterday I went to this popular men's blog (here) thinking it would be legitimate gripes against the unfair stance feminism has taken towards men in America.

What I found was a bunch of smartasses who used the extent to which they disrespected and abused women sexually and emotionally as the yardstick for "manhood". For every one of these blog posts there is literally 500+ comments of agreement. That is disturbing and I feel like when men do that it is an insult to me personally because my manhood is of a completely different vain.

So these things generally just escalate into a tit-for-tat back and forth and the virulent exchange tends to affect the minds of young men and women to have faulty perceptions of the other. As a result you get threads like this

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Yeah well I'm sure there is women out there that do the same thing. But you know honestly it doesn't matter at the end of the day. Your either the one who gets hurt or your the one doing the hurting. I'd like to think that the people who don't want to play those games will get the goods one day. But lets be honest here the chances are very slim. Because sad but true the pickings is slim.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution9

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

Originally posted by Revolution9

Women are interested in partners with lots of money. They forsake men with little money. It is far too materialistic and only makes for unhappiness in the end.

Your bitterness and anger towards some women who have hurt you in the past is no excuse to insult ALL women. If you want equality, respect and dignity then I suggest you offer the same to others. Not ALL women want a man with money. How barbaric is that thinking. Some women, like myself, are quite capable at making their own money and desire to be with a man of substance, heart and sound mind. The man I am with is by no means rich and powerful, but he is everything that I for one cherish: a good father, intelligent, respectful, compassionate, and supportive....just to name a few. I am so tired of hearing these whiny excuses from bitter and jaded people to try and justify their own hatred toward the opposite sex. And this goes both ways. Women are guilty of it as well, accusing ALL men of being pigs, cheaters and abusive. It's high time people stop pointing their fingers and instead look inside themselves to seek change and happiness.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I do have to agree with the OP to a degree. Radical feminism can be pretty ugly at times. I once considered myself a feminist, until I seen how extremist these women can be. This thread alone is proof of that.

While I did not read all 22 pages, I did read far enough to see women calling men pigs, and claiming that women were naturally more intelligent. Not true, intelligence has more to do with your genes, cognitive abilities and memory recall than it does gender.

Plus, insulting men just shows how hypocritical and one-sided your beliefs and views are. You claim your feminist views are of equality, yet you work tirelessly to bring the other side down. That's not equality, that's oppression.

While we are on the subject of oppression, I was accused once of being "oppressed" because I breastfed my daughter....by feminists! Can you imagine that! Me! A woman! Using my breasts for their intended purposes!
If you ask me, refusing to use your breasts for anything other than your partners' sexual gratification is oppressive.

And then of course, there is the issue of the "pro-choicers". This started as a fight for a woman's right to make her own reproductive choices, and turned into this scary, anti-life campaign. There are actually those who are fighting to extend an "abortion" to after the baby has been born. Apparently, a breathing infant is not quite human enough and has absolutely no right to life.

So in conclusion, do I believe that feminism is getting out of hand? Yes, in the radical form, yes I do. It has become less about empowering and bring up women and more about demoting and knocking down men.

Do I believe ALL feminists are of this mind-set? Of course not.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I think I've said my peace in this thread, and there is still ground that women need to cover, but both men and women need to understand that thousands of years of human history is not going to change over night. I want to see women earn equal pay. I want to see strong female leaders in our society. But that's not going to happen the way this movement is going. You can't step on one group of people and take rights away from them in the name of equality.

Women, if you want true equality, then fight for true equality. And true equality doesn't begin with planned parenthood and free contraception. It begins with teaching the next generation, your daughters, that they are equal to men, that they can earn an equal wage, and that they can do anything a man can do if not better. We need role models in our communities, not sluts begging for condoms or being paid welfare to keep a man out the house.

The feminist movement, at it's core, is anti-family and anti-male. And let me tell you something ladies: ideas like that will never earn you equality.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by bates
Now let me just clarify my position before i start on my 'rant'.

I'm not against the traditional feminists who are after equality, i'm on about the new band of feminists who want dominance over men and the other women they deem to be inferior.

They've been all over the news in Britain for the last few days because of getting Jane Austin on a bank note.

The traditional feminists who would see this as a nice victory and a step towards true equality has been muscled out of the way by a new type of openly man hating and rather aggressive type of feminist as they celebrate this 'victory' in the face of everyone who is willing to listen.

They way this is being celebrated is to try to take over twitter and every television show that will let them on to be loud, aggressive and intimidating to anyone who is too scared to stand up to them.

It's no longer a case of sticking up for women for these people, it's about something a lot more sinister.

Accusations of 'rape' and 'rapist' are thrown around willy nilly (i have no idea how you can rape someone over twitter but hey ho) and other outrageous threats and accusations are leveled at anyone who questions their motives.

I personal feel very intimidated and threatened by these women, yet feel i would be laughed out of town in the real world if i were to mention it to anyone. these women really are very scary individuals though and i'm sure they'd go to any lengths to get their way.

I feel nervous just making this thread but need to make this thread to see if others are equally intimidated.

I notice you have not backed up your rant with any sources or the actual news items. How can we have an intelligent discussion without any facts?

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I notice you have not backed up your rant with any sources or the actual news items. How can we have an intelligent discussion without any facts?

In order for that "intelligent discussion" you mentioned to happen both parties must present equally convincing sides of the dialectic. So far men have presented theirs while the opposing women have said nothing but "what you said isn't convincing enough". The burden of proof has been resting on you guys for a long time now, that this discussion may actually turn out to be intelligent.

Instead, you guys have been moaning for sources, tables, figures, and signed confessions for the entirety of this thread. That is it, you never provide an intelligent rebuttal or a solid feminist stance to be debated. You simply make quips contrary to the valid points other people make, without any purpose, fact, or evidence of your own.

Why don't you step up and show us what you've got instead of crying "No, No, No, I don't believe you!!!"

edit on 9-8-2013 by djr33222 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

You have been asked many, many, many times to provide 'links' and 'sources' for

the information you have been spouting. As L_T has said you can't because everything

you have said is only your opinion. You have made NO VALID POINTS

only given your opinion, which is laced with malicious overtones of thinly veiled misogyny

Some of your (opinions) points of view taken from your first dozen posts

# 1 I can tell you women are much more warlike, cruel, unwavering, mendacious and

judgemental than men

# 2 Both men and women are flawed, women are inferior though. No successful

civilisation can be formed without the subjugation of women, because it must be built

in spite of them, not with their help. The ancients in all their wisdom found a woman to

be worthless, if she could not give birth to a son. (I suppose they can be forgiven

for their ignorance in not knowing that it is the male who decides the sex of a

baby

# 3 As far as I can tell women today are benefiting from male sacrifices of the past

and still benefiting from the sacrifices we continue to make.

# 4 And some place deep inside me there is some hard wired sense as to how things

should be ideally

# 6 No facts exists to prove women or men are 'inferior' 'equal' or 'superior.' It really

isn't about facts. I see women as inferior because nature made them so

# 10 Have you ever watched 'Real Housewives' or who gives a crap 'Sluts in the City'

women today have completely diseased phyches from their over inflated egos. They

think having a vjay makes them entitled to Godly treatment.

# 11 Shall we discuss the REAL biblical story, where women were not even included

in Gods original plan for life on this planet. This isn't my opinion it is a 'fact' (still no

link for source to fact?)
God only created a woman after all vegetation animals

fish and original man, because Adam wanted 'something' to have sex with!

So there you have it the views as 'FACT' from 'djr 33222'
NO links

NO sources just plain unadulterated misogyny

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by djr33222

In order for that "intelligent discussion" you mentioned to happen both parties must present equally convincing sides of the dialectic. So far men have presented theirs while the opposing women have said nothing but "what you said isn't convincing enough". The burden of proof has been resting on you guys for a long time now, that this discussion may actually turn out to be intelligent.

Instead, you guys have been moaning for sources, tables, figures, and signed confessions for the entirety of this thread. That is it, you never provide an intelligent rebuttal or a solid feminist stance to be debated. You simply make quips contrary to the valid points other people make, without any purpose, fact, or evidence of your own.

Why don't you step up and show us what you've got instead of crying "No, No, No, I don't believe you!!!"

edit on 9-8-2013 by djr33222 because: (no reason given)

Don't speak for us, we can do that very well once we get the facts and sources. Read the post above, it explains why you have effectively tied every woman's hands for any meaningful discussion in this thread. Not smart OP.
edit on 10-8-2013 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Don't speak for us, we can do that very well once we get the facts and sources. Read the post above, it explains why you have effectively tied every woman's hands for any meaningful discussion in this thread. Not smart OP.

You have allowed this thread to compromise your wish to stay out of this topic which in your own view is doomed to fail. Feminism the path to success.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

You have allowed this thread to compromise your wish to stay out of this topic which in your own view is doomed to fail. Feminism the path to success.

Where did you get my view? I haven't a clue because I certainly would not share my views within this thread without facts, sources or even the news article link.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Are you a feminist?

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join