It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microwaving your babies food is dangerous.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Have you ever wondered why so many children health issues have exploded? Autism, asthma, cancer, etc.

Did you know microwaves were illegal in Russia?

Microwaving water (room temp) and watering your plants with it will either kill it or stunt its growth.

Do we really know what microwaves do to our food? Please watch the video below.

www.youtube.com...

Somehow the nutrients are being destroyed when food is microwaved.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
If he is telling the truth about microwave water and killing plants, why isn't there video proof of this. He also claims that the US Army tried using microwaves to heat food for soldiers but everyone got sick after a few days and they had to stop. Millions of people use microwaves to heat food and don't get sick. Frankly this video and his claims are worthless without any type of clinical study, video evidence, ect.

He claims vegetables that are microwaved have the same nutritional value as cardboard, really?

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Turns out there was a study done.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I've been wanting to get this answered by some expert, but I'll settle for ATS since the topic is related:

Since it is dangerous to microwave metals (I've forgotten why, so feel free to explain), I've been concerned with microwaving foods high in the iron mineral, and I'm also concerned about microwaving certain types of fish because of their supposed mercury content.

Is there a real risk to health regarding that issue?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by maxzen2004
Did you know microwaves were illegal in Russia?

No, I didnt know that, and a search for evidence of this leads me to find it is bogus and simply not true.

A claim often repeated is that they were banned in 1976 and ban lifted in 1990's, but all accounts from people *actually living there at the time* say they were available and not banned at all.

Seems to be an often repeated myth urban legend invented by somebody called William Kopp.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by 1Learner

I'm also concerned about microwaving certain types of fish because of their supposed mercury content.

If you're eating mercury contaminated fish, a microwave is the least of your worries.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
So I Googled this guy...

LMFAO

Dr. Coldwell is the most endorsed and integrated natural Doctor in the world, having earned 4 doctor degrees and 4 PHDs. He recently received an honorary doctor degree in Humanity from the University in Louisiana for his achievements for cancer patients and for the improvement of quality of life for humans.

4 doctor degrees and 4 PHDs baby!

OP meant to say microwaving your baby is dangerous. I will agree. Microwaving a baby is not good for the baby. Op is going to be responsible for a bunch of warning labels on my next microwave telling me not to microwave children. OP you monster. I THOUGHT THIS WAS AMERICA!

disclaimer: Domo1 in no way endorses microwaving your child. Please read and follow all manufacturer instructions. Domo1 is not a Microwave, and does not speak for microwaves, the manufacturers of microwaves, or the victims of microwaves. Use appliances at your own risk. If you make something delicious, share with Domo.
edit on 29-7-2013 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Microwaving a baby is always a bad idea, and yes some food can kill.

using commas...priceless, and they (commas) can save lives to!
edit on 29-7-2013 by AprilFooseball because: to clarify...

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by 1Learner

Here's the ins and outs of metal in a microwave...

www.todayifoundout.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I met a retired NASA engineer that worked with Russians and he told me that microwaves were illegal.

I didn't get dates, sorry.

Thanks for the input, I just wanted to get everyones opinion.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Did you know eating will kill you

Stay tuned for more information after we land on your lowly planet

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

reply to post by alfa1

I met a retired NASA engineer that worked with Russians and he told me that microwaves were illegal.

I didn't get dates, sorry.

Thanks for the input, I just wanted to get everyones opinion.

Must have been one hell of an old engineer
. Russia outlawed microwave ovens in 1976, most likely due to the fact they weren't compatible with their electrical set ups. But, they began manufacturing microwave ovens in 1980 which I've heard were huuuge. Microwaves have been allowed for years and years.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I can't find the article because I don't remember where I read it.

The navy did have a smaller ship (or class of ship) that had a galley that ran two cooking shifts and microwaved the previously cooked food for the third shift. I think it was the midnight shift.

A large portion of the crew got sick with various nonspecific problems and as the cruise got longer the medical staff realized that the majority of the sick calls were the shift that got microwaved food.

After review of several voyages on these ships, they stopped using the microwaves to warm the food and the sick call ratios went back to normal.

I don't find this out of the realm of feasibility at all.

Grain of salt because I can't find the article but there may be other studies to back it up.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by StoutBroux
Must have been one hell of an old engineer
. Russia outlawed microwave ovens in 1976...

Like I said, thats the urban legend thats on a thousand websites, but isnt backed up by any evidence.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

What are the other factors though? Was the food refrigerated prior to being nuked for the next shift? That kind of thing.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Even if it's not harmful to the baby (which I tend to think it is) it's certainly not helpful...the process destroys the nutrients.

Read any modern book on child rearing and most will recommend NOT using the microwave. In fact, many will say that babies have no frame of reference yet as to whether or not the food is supposed to be hot, cold or room temperature so, it's just silly anyways if it's straight from the jar or package and not being reheated.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Good point....they won't care if it is warm or not, most likely. If teething, may even prefer it cold.

This thread brings up a major factor though, doesn't it? Surviving with a baby in tow. That should be a thread all it's own. Personally, that would be a nightmare I'd never want to deal with. A baby in a SHTF situation? Yikes.
edit on 30-7-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Microwaving water (room temp) and watering your plants with it will either kill it or stunt its growth.

This is a common science fair project done by elementary school children anymore. The problem is they usually don't control all the variables. They use microwaved water but never control for the temperature.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The thing that bothers me about microwaves is we've probably been boiling food for thousands of years, but how long have we been using microwaves? I mean, look at all the technology we have and how it's changing thingst. Computers make us sit a lot and we know that sitting too much is bad for our health. Look at all the plastics we use and how they break up and get into our oceans and eventually get into our food. Look at all the chemicals we use that also eventually get into our food and into our bodies. Look at the emissions from our power plants and our automobiles that get into out atmosphere and into our lungs. Look at the use of pesticides in farming and how we ingest some of that in our produce. There's so much I'm mising!! We're walking experiments in a planet-sized laboratory. Please, don't arrogantly tell me how safe modern conveniences are. It might be true that microwaving your vegetables is safe, but I'll still prefer boiling the vegetables when I cook them or eating them raw. If I want to cook them I'll boil (or steam) them and I don't care as much about the nutrition when I cook something anyway - cooked vegetables taste good. It's my way of expressing my private freedoms to do as I please. In a world with more and more rules, it's a pleasure.

Don't be surprised when somebody doesn't trust modern conveniences. A person looks around and sees countless examples of how our modern life resembles an experiment.

Nature for me is like the ground. It too is an experiment, but I trust it more somehow. I see myself as supporting technology, but I also am weary of it. I'm not a true progressive. One of hte most beautiful things in the world is to eat something growing in the wild. In fact, wild things all have that quality about them. They're more free. It's still a jungle and it's still cruel, but somehow it's freer. Things in the wild don't have hospitals or machines or computers or whatnot, but they have plenty of company and their own way of handling things. They don't NEED what we have.

IMHO, we need to leave this planet or it'll become a planet-sized machine. That's the only thing that'll reliably preserve the wild things. Otherwise, they too will get consumed by the machine.

I'd like to see all the creatures of earht stop dying and stop hurting or eating each other, but that's not for me to decide. I am only a creature. If there's a God then God can decide to do that. I do not think we're God and it's not our place to decide the fate of hte rest of life on earth.
edit on 30-7-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join