It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Here Play Civ 5?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I'm downloading it right now and wondering if anyone else plays it. Any tips or tricks? Anyone up for a game after I figure out what I'm doing?

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
ive been a civaddict since civ 1 on my amiga 500

i have yet to play civ 5 however, since civ 3 the changes to me appear pretty much superficial..

also that one time a stupid musketeer shot down my stealth fighters pissed me off!!!

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

is that Civ Revolution?

I have that on my xbox 360...LOVE that game!

Start out at first as the one with Jaguar warriors, I forget what race, and play with them for a while. The first few levels up to intermediate, they will explore twice as fast if you just keep making the Jag warriors.

If you run into Germans...don't start a war with them at first as they start off with double attack power. They are tough early on. And in the lower levels, attack almost any city you run into right away. Form armies ASAP and take them over, if you have Jag warriors it is easier.

As soon as you can make archers, do so and keep them in your cities. They can fend off almost anything up to modern infantry.

Make sure if you come across mountains with gems on them, or gold on them that you build a city right next to them for resources, you will get double gold when you can mine them.

Also get galleys as soon as you can, you need navigation to get them, but once you do, send them out into deep water to find Atlantis. It will give you several technological advances.(it is in deep water always)

Awesome game!

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

You getting the original or "vanilla" Civ 5 or the one with the updates? We are playing vanilla Civ 5. I lost by 4 turns earlier. What is your Civ experience, if any?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I've been playing Civ 5 a lot lately, I really enjoy the game. Its pretty easy to win on the easier setting but put it anything above Prince and it feels damn near impossible to win. I downloaded the Brave New World expansion off Steam when it came out and it put a whole new perspective on the game. I also downloaded a mod called "have fun" and it basically lets you have any amount of gold and culture points, research any technology, and any unit from any civilization. I've been beating on barbarians with giant death robots all day. lol
In my honest opinion though, multiplayer game play is a little slow but then again I've only played once and it was just my friend, myself and the AI. It felt like it took forever.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I'm still playing Civ 2.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I'm still playing Civ 3, that and WoW are my video game addictions lol. I tried out Civ 4 but I wasn't too fond of it, but to be fair I should have given it more time than I did. I've been playing Civ since the original as well and aside from 5 (as I haven't tried it yet) I have enjoyed every iteration of it, however Civ 3 is still my favorite, with Civ 2 Test of Time as a close runner up.
edit on 6-8-2013 by Armadall because: my spelling sucks in the morning

join