It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois Police Kill 95-Year-Old With Taser Shocks and Bean Bag Rounds

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
How long would they have to wait before a 95 year old man was to tired to continue and just gave up?

Just a little surprised that a couple of officers couldn't subdue a 95 yo nursing home patient. They must be very out of shape.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
How long would they have to wait before a 95 year old man was to tired to continue and just gave up?

Just a little surprised that a couple of officers couldn't subdue a 95 yo nursing home patient. They must be very out of shape.

naps at 3:00pm, dinner at 4:30, hour of tv reruns, out by 6:00pm. that was the retirees training schedule.

what? what else..

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
No need for tasers or bean bags, any officer that has had PR-24 training could easily disarm him causing minimal harm to the elderly man. However, if they are no longer receiving this training and are only taught to taser and use bean bag guns, this is what happens. Death by excessive force is a common practice it seems in the US.

This is a justified use of force by the police 'caugh, caugh', after all he was 95 and had a cane and shoe horn in hand!
As for the butcher knife...how did he get into the kitchen.
Nursing home residents are kept out of that area by any of the homes staff. Even if he did manage to have a butcher knife, it's no match for a PR-24 and a well trained officer. Looks like if the police reached into their pants to find something, they would come up empty handed.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FidelityMusic

Yeah? That's good.

GTA San Andreas is my all-time favorite GTA game.

Props to yeh.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Wonder where the man got the knife. Was he on KP duty that week? Does the staff just leave large knives on the end tables?

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

You are right it is more than a lack of training....it is a lack of honor. A culture that puts "getting home safe" above "protect and serve"....shooting 95 year olds with tasers and killing pets who bark or come to close is pathetic.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
i bet that home has a few people relocate would you leave a relative there .

the pol-icy station deserves to be stoned and not with green .

the police suck

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Found this from the Chicago Tribune:

When police arrived, the man was threatening staff and paramedics with a metal cane and a 2-foot metal shoehorn, the release said. Police demanded that he drop the cane and shoehorn, but he did not comply and then picked up a "12-inch butcher type kitchen knife."

Police continued to command the man to surrender and follow their orders and eventually used a Taser on him. That failed to subdue him and he continued to threaten others, the release said. Police then fired bean bag rounds at the man to get him to drop the knife and surrender. He did so and was taken into custody.

articles.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaHawk
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Found this from the Chicago Tribune:

When police arrived, the man was threatening staff and paramedics with a metal cane and a 2-foot metal shoehorn, the release said. Police demanded that he drop the cane and shoehorn, but he did not comply and then picked up a "12-inch butcher type kitchen knife."

Police continued to command the man to surrender and follow their orders and eventually used a Taser on him. That failed to subdue him and he continued to threaten others, the release said. Police then fired bean bag rounds at the man to get him to drop the knife and surrender. He did so and was taken into custody.

articles.chicagotribune.com...

thanks for that but that basicly says he picked up a knife.
my question is how and where did he get to the knife?
do they just leave them laying around in this old folks home or did the cops allow him to get past them to the kicthen or what?

it just doesn't sound right to me.
i think they are covering their asses.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Since it's a "supportive living facility" I'm assuming that he was in an apartment which would have included a kitchen or kitchenette.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
so they rodney kinged him? i bet the cops will say he was on the "lean" or pcp!!

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Perhaps 95 year old John Warna had grown weary of life...and was ready to leave this realm of existence and move on to the next...so he created the situation he found himself in...planned it ahead of time...hoping the end result would be his passing on into the next realm of existence.

Some of the elderly do plan these kind of things out...because they are tired...and are ready to leave this world.

Of course this is speculation on part...but it could be.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Unbelievable...They could probably have knocked the old guy on his Butt by throwing a Bean bag at him...I hope those involved never reach 95.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

Police continued to command the man to surrender and follow their orders and eventually used a Taser on him. That failed to subdue him and he continued to threaten others

A taser failed to subdue a 95 year old man. Sure it did. Did they for get to put new batteries in it or something?This story wreaks of CYA.

Our police are becoming no better than morally bankrupt, soulless, jack booted thugs.

Thank you Mr. Orwell, for the heads up, but I'm afraid nobody listened.

edit on 7/29/2013 by Klassified because: eta

edit on 7/29/2013 by Klassified because: tags

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
95 years old, and they use all that against him

30 years ago something like this would have gotten an entire nation in a rage.

Yeah, it would have.

Besides, a 95 year old isn't exactly going to sprint at anyone, knife or not.

I'm surprised he could even hold a knife tbh, let alone be considered 'so unstoppable' or dangerous that they had to kill him.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Yes it is hard to believe that a taser could not subdue a 95 yr old (probably lethal to his heart at that age). Cops need to ask themselves...."if this were my father or grandfather how would I handle it?"

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Died of Natural Causes

Polk County Florida Sheriff - "You kill a policeman it means no arrest...no Miranda rights... no negotiations...nothing but as many bullets as we can shoot into you...PERIOD."
POLK COUNTY FLORIDA SHERIFF, GRADY JUDD

An illegal alien, in Polk County , Florida , who got pulled over in a routine traffic stop, ended up"executing" the deputy who stopped him. The deputy was shot eight times, including once behind his right ear at close range. Another deputy was wounded and a police dog killed.

The murderer was found hiding in a wooded area. As soon as he took a shot at the SWAT team, officers opened fire on him. They hit the guy 68 times.
Asked why they had to shoot the poor, undocumented immigrant 68 times.
Sheriff Grady Judd told the Orlando Sentinel: "Because that's all the ammunition we had."
www.snopes.com... says the statement was true

The Coroner also reported that the illegal alien died of natural causes. When asked by a reporter how that could be, since there were 68 bullet wounds in his body, he simply replied: (BEST QUOTE ever) . . .."When you are shot 68 times you are naturally gonna die."

Moral of the story IMO if you want to fight with the cops be prepared to win or die..... I have not heard of anyone winning lately have you? More an more it seems to many cops have watched Judge Dredd.. court and executioner all rolled into one as far as the original ops post and the 95 year old....
edit on 29-7-2013 by 727Sky because: ....

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

It hasn't been said enough, F*CK THE POLICE
edit on 29-7-2013 by th3onetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by 727Sky
Died of Natural Causes

Polk County Florida Sheriff - "You kill a policeman it means no arrest...no Miranda rights... no negotiations...nothing but as many bullets as we can shoot into you...PERIOD."
POLK COUNTY FLORIDA SHERIFF, GRADY JUDD

An illegal alien, in Polk County , Florida , who got pulled over in a routine traffic stop, ended up"executing" the deputy who stopped him. The deputy was shot eight times, including once behind his right ear at close range. Another deputy was wounded and a police dog killed.

The murderer was found hiding in a wooded area. As soon as he took a shot at the SWAT team, officers opened fire on him. They hit the guy 68 times.
Asked why they had to shoot the poor, undocumented immigrant 68 times.
Sheriff Grady Judd told the Orlando Sentinel: "Because that's all the ammunition we had."
www.snopes.com... says the statement was true

The Coroner also reported that the illegal alien died of natural causes. When asked by a reporter how that could be, since there were 68 bullet wounds in his body, he simply replied: (BEST QUOTE ever) . . .."When you are shot 68 times you are naturally gonna die."

Moral of the story IMO if you want to fight with the cops be prepared to win or die..... I have not heard of anyone winning lately have you? More an more it seems to many cops have watched Judge Dredd.. court and executioner all rolled into one as far as the original ops post and the 95 year old....

quacks and walks.. its a DUCK!!

B A D G E S are R E D C O A T S !!

they are NO DIFFERENT... they "work" for the SAME INTERESTS!!

I can't wait for the day.....
edit on 29-7-2013 by HanzHenry because: thinking still

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

If you can't restrain a 95 year old handicapped man without using a taser and bean bag bullets, you are a complete failure as a LEO....

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join