It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois Police Kill 95-Year-Old With Taser Shocks and Bean Bag Rounds

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
My first Posse Comiatus thread.

A 95-year-old resident of an Illinois nursing home died early Saturday, hours after being shocked with a Taser and bean bag rounds in a confrontation with police.

Authorities said John Warna was a resident at Victory Centre of Park Forest, on the 100 block of South Main Street in the south suburb. He was threatening paramedics and staff with a cane and a metal shoehorn when police arrived at the complex, they said.

Police said they struck him with a Taser and bean bag rounds after he threatened officers with a 12-inch butcher knife.

Article here

Aren't those places supposed to have restrainers in case one of the residents looses it? Or at least a little staff training on how to deal with older folks with mental problems?

And... aren't police supposed to restrain and detain before resorting to violence?

Jesbus. Bet those police feel big and bad now.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
cops used self defense. stand your ground ya know?

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Police said they struck him with a Taser and bean bag rounds after he threatened officers with a 12-inch butcher knife.

i thought all he had was a cane and a shoe horn.
what did they plant the knife?
edit on 28-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
A bunch of police with guns and tazers, vs an old man with a butcher knife...

Kinda don't think the amount of force used was needed. At all.

edit on 28-7-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: typo

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
95 years old, and they use all that against him

30 years ago something like this would have gotten an entire nation in a rage.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
sounds like a bunch of wussies to me.
i still want to know how a cane or shoe horn turns in to a 12 in. butcher knife

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
big WUSS!

what man couldn't take knife from a 95yr old IN A Nursing HOME?

what about all that hand to hand training? looks like cops only get trigger training in some places?

couldn't their club be used, baton, something.. just swordfight with the old geezer for a few seconds.

AND there was MORE THAN ONE... BRAVE PROTECTOR OF SOCIETY?

edit on 28-7-2013 by HanzHenry because: age

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
sounds like a bunch of wussies to me.

I guess we will see if that word is a T&C..

same word, probably thought at the same second..

ROFLMAO

I offer to give any LEO line training. Its not pretty like MMA, but very effective
edit on 28-7-2013 by HanzHenry because: thinker

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
95 years old, and they use all that against him

30 years ago something like this would have gotten an entire nation in a rage.

Insane. God save the police state...

Meh, it was a time difference.

At first, when he was fighting with staff, he had a cane/shoe horn.

By the time the police arrived, he'd gotten a hold of the butcher knife.

edit on 28-7-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: another typo

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
well i followed the link from the infowars site to the nbc story and neither one say how he got a knife.
all the mention is a cane and a shoe horn.

am i missing part of the story?

ETA: and this from the article.

Authorities said John Warna was a resident at Victory Centre of Park Forest, on the 100 block of South Main Street in the south suburb. He was threatening paramedics and staff with a cane and a metal shoehorn when police arrived at the complex, they said.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

He was threatening paramedics and staff with a cane and a metal shoehorn when police arrived at the complex, they said.

Ahhh, now that makes it more interesting. How did I miss that?! I need some sleep...

Looks like they sprinkled the random butcher knife onto the story so it wouldn't look quite as much like a brutal homicide. They can't be letting the police look bad to the public, after all.

And since the old guy died, he can never clarify the story...

This is sickening.

edit on 28-7-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX
i see you seen my edit.
and understand why i'm asking.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

See previous post.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

It's too bad we live in a time we do. I sat in a third grade classroom watching the building my mother worked at, buildings I've entered many times, buildings I could see from outside our Brooklyn apartment window, two of the tallest buildings in the world attacked. Those are the things burned into our minds at a young age in this country. War after war, death after death. All these little kids want are Call of Duty games, they pride themselves off of the thought of killing others. These cops train for years doing target practice. Their fingers itch every single day they wake up. This is our world, this is the new America.

It's sad a man given so many years, one that possibly had 1, 5, 10, or even 20 more ahead of him had to have it taken away by some trigger happy bums. I guarantee this man didn't even have the strength to scratch them with a knife, let alone use it against these cops to penetrate their bullet proof vests causing lethal injury.
edit on 28-7-2013 by FidelityMusic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I bet those cops feel like really big heroes now....shame on them....I hex them with threefold hardships for their deeds....SO MODE IT BE!!!!!

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by FidelityMusic
reply to post by VoidHawk

It's too bad we live in a time we do. I sat in a third grade classroom watching the building my mother worked at, buildings I've entered many times, buildings I could see from outside our Brooklyn apartment window, two of the tallest buildings in the world attacked. Those are the things burned into our minds at a young age in this country. War after war, death after death. All these little kids want are Call of Duty games, they pride themselves off of the thought of killing others. These cops train for years doing target practice. Their fingers itch every single day they wake up. This is our world, this is the new America.

It's sad a man given so many years, one that possibly had 1, 5, 10, or even 20 more ahead of him had to have it taken away by some trigger happy bums. I guarantee this man didn't even have the strength to scratch them with a knife, let alone use it against these cops to penetrate their bullet proof vests causing lethal injury.
edit on 28-7-2013 by FidelityMusic because: (no reason given)

You were in third grade during 2001? So was I.

I watched everything as it happened, but I was watching on live television.

I never lived in New York, never been there. I can only imagine how you feel, sorry bro/sis.

And I agree. Shooter games are annoying... unless of course it's Fallout.
Fallout gives you the option to be civil, caring, and helpful to everyone you meet, rather than running through guns blazing and slaughtering everyone.

ANYwho... if the police can do this to an old man, and still manage to sleep at night, imagine what they'd do to the rest of us able bodied folks. Meh.

edit on 28-7-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: typo

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

The police dont have to use actual self defense....just the "threat" is enough (and it doesnt even have to be a verified weapon and the age, of course, is irrelevant). Sad. What ever happened to police take-down techniques using a billy club and kevlar gloves?

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
reply to post by conspiracy nut

The police dont have to use actual self defense....just the "threat" is enough (and it doesnt even have to be a verified weapon and the age, of course, is irrelevant). Sad. What ever happened to police take-down techniques using a billy club and kevlar gloves?

that would take a REAL man.. something is wrong.

a real MAN has too much HONOR than to be a REDCOAT/cop.. For - Profit prisons.. that alone takes an honor less soul to participate and profit from.

when you read about how the redcoats acted, what things they did.. its a mirror image of todays police..

Dude... FOR PROFIT PRISONS!!!

says it all.... NO HONOR!!

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by shells4u
I bet those cops feel like really big heroes now....shame on them....I hex them with threefold hardships for their deeds....SO MODE IT BE!!!!!

A star to make your hex more powerful.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
You were in third grade during 2001? So was I.

I watched everything as it happened, but I was watching on live television.

I never lived in New York, never been there. I can only imagine how you feel, sorry bro/sis.

And I agree. Shooter games are annoying... unless of course it's Fallout.
Fallour gives you the option to be civil, caring, and helpful to everyone you meet, rather than running through guns blazing and slaughtering everyone.

ANYwho... if the police can do this to an old man, and still manage to sleep at night, imagine what they'd do to the rest of us able bodied folks. Meh.

It's a small world ain't it?

We watched it live too, our window was facing opposite of Manhattan, I only got a glimpse when I got picked up from school.

I don't feel any type of way really, still have my mother and that's all that matters.

Never played any Fallout game. I'm into Grand Theft Auto games, to me it's exactly like your description of Fallout.

Exactly, but there's a difference, we can defend ourselves while a 95 year old can't.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join