It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was the birthplace of Yasser Arafat?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I've been doing some research, and I'm getting conflicting reports of either Jerusalem or Cairo. If Jerusalem, that is fine. But, if it's Cairo, then heck..the leader of the palestinians is Egyptian!?! If so, he must be the biggest carpetbagger in history!

Oh, and I hope he dies soon. Too much is being made of this terrorist....

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Depends on who you ask, unfortunately. From what I've been able to find out he was born in Cairo of mixed Egyptian and Palestinian lineage. His claim to being from Jerusalem comes from his Palestinian parentage whose roots are in that city.

There is a lot of confusion about all of this with many claims and counter claims. The current state of record keeping in the area, what with the wars and such, is so disrupted we may never know for sure.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   
He was born in Cairo but I think he mantains that he was born in Jerusalem. (I THINK!)

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   
This below link might help? (which could have been easily done prior to creating this thread/topic)
Arafat

seekerof

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   

According to a birth certificate registered in Cairo, Arafat was born there on August 24, 1929.

He's an Egyptian terrorist.

the destruction of three international airliners hijacked and held in the desert east of Amman

Arafat had both planned the March 1973 Black September attack on the Saudi embassy in Sudan, and ordered the subsequent executions of US Ambassador Cleo Noel, Deputy Chief of Mission George C. Moore, and Belgian diplomat Guy Eid, who were taken hostage at a reception

kidnapped 11 Israeli athletes at the Munich Olympic Games and eventually killed them all.

using Islamic rhetoric to motivate suicide attacks against Israel

In a December 13, 1988 address, Arafat accepted UN Security Council Resolution 242, promised future recognition of Israel, and renounced "terrorism in all its forms, including state terrorism"

Palestinian attack on Israel (in which Arafat's group Fatah was involved), that led to the deaths of more than 135 Israelis. 2002

Some renouncing, eh?

Just thought I'd provide that, for those who still want to consider him a "politician".

[edit on 10-11-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Muhammad Abd al-Rahman ar-Rauf al-Qudwah al-Husayni

Man that dude has a name ten miles long someone should have been able to track him down easy......just another leader who lies to much about nothing.

[edit on 10/11/2004 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I thought he was born in HELL.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Termite197
I thought he was born in HELL.

No but, I think he has a summer home there, besides if he went there he would say he was born there to, seems where ever this man goes that's were he was born according to him

[edit on 10/11/2004 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I have even heard that he was born in Gaza. But I think the conventional wisdom has him born in Cairo.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
On a side note: Anyone ever hear that conspiracy theory about him having AIDS? Just heard it on the radio, and it might have legs (as much as anything coming out of old KGB files do...lol)

The "blood disease" reports seem to back this theory up...

top topics

join