It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual military activity in West Virginia?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Hi, all. I live in Nicholas County in West Virginia. My friend and I were on the way to town and saw a couple of military humvees going the other way. He told me that something odd is going on and that he's seen more that usual military vehicles. My brother has also told me that he's seen that. He said that he saw a tank on a flat bed truck the other day and also sees more than usual soldiers in town. Has anyone else seen this or know what might be going on?

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Skid Mark

Training. A number of units just got funding to reactivate, so they're having to train hard to get back to combat rated. The USAF and USN just recently finished Trident Warrior 13 in Virginia. Camp Dawson trains small units, DHS, and just about anyone else that has the money to train there.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Thanks for responding. I wondered. My friend has lived here all his life and he thought it was unusual so I thought I'd ask.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Camp Dawson is a pretty impressive base. They have ranges, specialized training facilities, etc.

www.wv.ngb.army.mil...

Earlier this month, the 130th Airlift Wing hosted Sentry Storm to highlight some of the training facilities and capabilities of the area.

And then there's JITEC (Joint Interagency Training and Education Center).

www.wv.ngb.army.mil...

There's actually a surprising amount of military activity just for that small area.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

Training. A number of units just got funding to reactivate, so they're having to train hard to get back to combat rated. The USAF and USN just recently finished Trident Warrior 13 in Virginia. Camp Dawson trains small units, DHS, and just about anyone else that has the money to train there.

The standard summer 2 weeks active duty for reserves not already active and overseas.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
In the area I live in I've seen a number of heavy armored vehicles lately. Last month I saw up to three chinook helicopters a day for almost two weeks.

I do live near a military base, but in all the years I've lived here I've never seen so much military activity.

Maybe it's just my paranoia.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tkwasny

Yeah, it's time for their summer training as well as the units coming back. The Air Force has 17 squadrons, including at least one from Langley that were grounded for at least three months, that aren't even basic mission qualified anymore. They will take up to 90 days to get requalified, so you'll see them buzzing around a lot in the next couple of months.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Im in martinsburg wv and about 3 weeks ago we had a lot of military activity here. They were transporting and storing a ton of bottled water. They even had to close a road down because alot of the water fell off a truck lol. But everyone around here figured it was for the boy scout jamboree
edit on 28/7/13 by MaGeK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by denybedoomed

No, there really is more activity right now. Now that they've juggled funds, pilots have to requalify in their aircraft, so they're going to fly. A lot. Other units are in for summer training, some are predeployment training as carriers are getting ready to go back to sea after maintenance periods, helicopter pilots flying out to destroyers, etc. There's a lot going on this summer, thanks to sequestration.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by denybedoomed
In the area I live in I've seen a number of heavy armored vehicles lately. Last month I saw up to three chinook helicopters a day for almost two weeks.

I do live near a military base, but in all the years I've lived here I've never seen so much military activity.

Maybe it's just my paranoia.

I live about 15 miles from Twentynine Palms Base, and I have been coming out here for the past 25 years and I have seen more choppres, convoys, and activity going into the base this year then I have ever seen. I don't think your paranoid I to believe they are gearing up for something big.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

They have also been using the national guard at the boy scout jamboree. It's just now finishing up. So its possible some may be related to that. They have been everywhere in southern WV

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
So we should all be on high alert because you see military Humvees in the area?

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by denybedoomed

That's why I thought to ask. Since my friend has been here his whole life and is used to seeing them off and on. When he said it was odd, it made me wonder.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Are the Virginia facilities especially good? I was wondering how big is the meshing between the CIA and the Pentagon, maybe through the local budgets there's a way of measuring it.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. I live in the high sierras.

See quite a bit of UFO activity as well. Groom lake is just over the mountains.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SomeoneWatching

It's one of the better facilities I've heard about. The mountains give a huge advantage for training as well.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

West Virginia has been used for mountain training since the 10 th. [Mountain] division was formed in 1936 or so...nothing unusual, really given the proximity of the Patton armor school at Ft. Knox, Ky, where dad trained in '42..

new topics

top topics

join