It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Glade

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I recently read a poem by my friend Nat that captured the joy and wonder of a rainstorm and it triggered a powerful memory from my youth. I now share it without fear of shame or ridicule. Without being disrespectful I have come to a place in my life where I no longer worry about what others might think of me.

When I was young I would sometimes sneak away from the house when there was a gentle summer rain and make my way through the forest to a small hidden, grassy, glade. It was a very beautiful and magical place. Surrounded by majestic trees and carpeted in short green grass, it was decorated with lilies and trilliums in the spring and with wild roses in the summer.

On summer days I would often lie upon my back and watch the invisible hand paint the sky with puffy clouds. I would sometimes sleep and awaken to the sound of the wind in the trees. I would listen to the forest sound and felt accepted by the glade, by everything that grew and lived there.

But it was the rain that made my time in the glade so powerful and life changing. I would take off my already wet clothes and dance nude in the rain. It was absolutely intoxicating. I felt so close to the earth and yet connected to the sky. My dance was sometimes slow and almost choreographed and sometimes uninhibited like a forgotten sacred dance. I danced to the rhythm of my heart. The raindrops would wash away my tears of sadness and become tears of joy.

Afterwards, I would feel so clean, pure and refreshed. I would often return home reluctantly but holding the feeling and joy in my heart. When things became tough in my life the glade became my place of healing and restoration. Now when I am caught in the rain I rejoice in the feeling of those silvery diamonds running down my face, and my body, soul and spirit rejoice.

It was a secret I held until now and I share it with you and my other friends because I believe you will understand. Each of us have our own experience of that secret glade. Maybe it was a loved person rather than a place. Somewhere in your memory there is a place where you felt safe and accepted.

I have not been back to that glade for a long time, too long! I am waiting impatiently for the gentle rain.

edit on 06/02/2011 by grayeagle because: slight change

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Hi greyeagle. Well I think that's great. And yes I do understand. I have a place where I go through a forest up a hill where you can see far into the distance. I like to watch the sun set there as nobody is around. Sometimes I sprint through the trees when it's dark and it feels erie, But it gets the adrenalin flowing!. And the moon always looks great from up there. People should try these things. They are missing out!

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

We all need those quiet places of restoration, but not necessarily retreat. Places where we more completely engage in the natural world. A place of awareness, where we feel and experience our part in nature. Most people today have separated themselves from one another and the living earth and have lost the heartbeat of the planet.
Peace to you my friend. I can hear your heartbeat!

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by grayeagle

I forgot to reply to that post!! I'm so glad that a poem of mine triggered such an awesome memory

If I could dance naked in the rain...I would. I know how I feel standing in it with clothes on and that feels amazing. So I can only imagine what it would feel like totally nude! It would feel great I'm sure!

I will one day feel the rain against all of my skin. And that day will be wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing your story
it was magical

Peace and love
-nat

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Being and living uninhibited has become my muse. Not in a tawdry or narcissistic way but in a raw, natural, life esteeming way. I am bored with convention, rules and dogma. I desire honesty, innocence, and love. I really appreciate your sensitivity Nat, and your honest appreciation of life. Your sensitivity to the feelings of others has become a rarity in today's society. I encourage you to keep sharing, writing and loving.
Your friend,

Bill

top topics

join