It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demonstration Against Obama and Big Gov.! (Videos).

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I went out with a bunch of friends yeserday to demonstrate against our POTUS and Gov. We did so off of the Hamden and I-25 Bridge here in Denver Colorado.

IT WAS AWESOME!

I really didn’t know what to expect at first. We were a smaller crowd, a little different than being in a large crowd protesting about this or that. I think being a smaller crowd, it felt more personal. More face to face, so to speak.

Like I said, I didn’t know what to expect. I never realized how many people were pizzed off at the state of affairs going on in America, but at the same time, I never realized how oblivious people were. Most here on ATS seem to be quite informed, but in the real world outside of ATS, It’s a whole different ball of wax. There were a lot of people giving us the thumbs up and honking, but there were also the pro-Obama folk who were not so happy at what we were doing. Some were yelling Obama, flipping us off, screaming, and on one occasion, someone threw a large cup of pop/ice at us! Luckily, no one got hit by it, but it could have seriously hurt someone if they were to get hit in the face/head with it. There were also people calling us racists among other things. On the most part though, people were cheering us on! It was exciting.

I’m sure some looked at us as a bunch of right wing nut jobs, but it wasn’t about that at all. We had all affiliations there fighting the good fight. It’s not about the left or right, it’s about ALL Americans coming together to fight off tyranny. It doesn’t matter if you’re left , right, black, white, gay, straight, Christian, atheist, etc., etc., etc., It’s about Americans getting our country back! It’s about Americans making the difference, standing up to those who are destroying this great nation!

Below, are a couple videos showing our protest. I’m the guy holding up the “Sorry Yet?” sign. I also had my wife and other family members participating. It was really empowering and invigorating! It’s a good feeling knowing I’m doing my part to defend my rights as an American. To defend our constitution. I only wish more people participate.

We plan on hitting another bridge come August 6th, and we plan on having twice as many people as we did yesterday. I see us going far with this. People ARE waking up!

This is me holding up my "Sorry Yet?" sign, along with my wife

So, it begs to ask the question...What are my fellow ATS'rs doing to make the difference? We all spend a signifigant amount of time here on ATS talking about the how fudged-up things are in America, but are YOU doing anything about it? I know that a lot of Americans feel helpless and scared, but if we don't stand up, the day will come when we all will regret it.

-Propulsion
edit on 28-7-2013 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

and now ur on a list, watch your back brother

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Sorry, I'm not seeing a clear and distinct message in your protest. You get an 'A' for effort, but impeach Obama? What's that going to do when he'd just be replaced by another cog in the corrupt machine.

I could see it if your message was 'STOP SPYING', or 'SHUT DOWN NSA, or 'NO MORE DRONES' or 'GET OUT OF THE MIDDLE EAST'.

By being specific in your message you could possibly get the government to actually do something, but 'Impeach Obama' isn't it.

Don't get me wrong; you get a standing ovation from me for trying to be a part of the solution and not the problem.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I'm not even American and you make me proud!

Go Get 'em!

Peace

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Let me know where the next one is, I'm in northern denver

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I could see it if your message was 'STOP SPYING', or 'SHUT DOWN NSA, or 'NO MORE DRONES' or 'GET OUT OF THE MIDDLE EAST'
There were people there who did have signs like that. You can't see them in the video though. Some people showed up later after the video..

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
A for effort.

There are some supporters over here:

Today in berlin germany more than thousand people, a couple of hundreds in frankfurt
(and this on one of the hottest days in the kast ten years)

See the video (in german) Stop watching us Demonstrations in germany

Personally it makes me sick, that for the last tem years i was called a conspiracy nut, when i told people that alphabet agencies are spying on everyone. Now that the beans have been spilled to the masses, they just don't care. So i salute everyone who protests.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I heard from my friend about an event called Overpasses for Impeachment of Obama. There's a facebook link for it here. It looks interesting. The thing that bothers me is if he was impeached, we'd be stuck with Biden. I don't think we'd be any better off. Also, like another poster said, we would most likely have another cog from the same corrupt machine "in charge".
edit on 28-7-2013 by Skid Mark because: Changed a word

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Well done, hope to see more of the next planned demonstration. I'd suspect after that one you'd have more showing
The overpass and bridge location is a great idea.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

and now ur on a list, watch your back brother
Haha, how true! I thought I was already on that list when I became a member here on ATS...

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
We were at the first RON PAUL d.c. r-3voL-ution in '08 10000 of us.
We were at the sept '09 d.c. rally against big gubberment - around 1.5+million - I have a poster that proves this - the MSM reported 70k.

We were at a tea party rally in Denver - listened to several great speakers -symbolically tore up the health(death) care bill before it was passed - I read the pages I tore up - had nothing to do w/ health.

I wish you well in your endeavors and applaud your effort.
gl to all patriots stopping tyranny every where.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Its really cool when someone can post something on ATS like this and NOT have a bunch of brainwashed Obama trolls writing stupid comments. I LOVE the idea of having a non white president, but this one is a sorry liar !

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Hope to see ya's there in two weeks....I'm coming up to join ya..!!

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
OK, let's think about this. You're protesting big government. Who do you think built the I-25 bridge you were standing on? It's just another aimless exercise with an amorphous target so that a bunch of slackers can congratulate themselves on doing something about the real problems facing us. Another example of "Ready!Fire!Aim!"

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by F4guy
OK, let's think about this. You're protesting big government. Who do you think built the I-25 bridge you were standing on? It's just another aimless exercise with an amorphous target so that a bunch of slackers can congratulate themselves on doing something about the real problems facing us. Another example of "Ready!Fire!Aim!"
So what would be your plan rockstar?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Wow, I was just out there visiting some friends in Colorado Springs. Drove all the way out from San Diego (won't do that drive again until I move out there). I've heard that Denver is the reason why Colorado comes off as a blue state. Wish I would have known about this, I would have come along and hung out for an hour or two. Oh, by the way, any mention of Bishops Castle at all? That'd be a hell of a thing to direct tourists to who might not know of it's existence.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Hey, congratulations for your effort! I never heard of this. Did it at least make local news?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
what was accomplished on that day other than getting beeps from people who agree and hate from people who disagree.....

you pretty much get the same thing here.

occasionally on the net you spark the interest of someone people who have no clue.. the same can be said about what you did.

..was there anything else accomplished??

I am happy you had fun and got out of the house.. but there have been bigger protests with some movement i forgot what it was called.. and nothing came of that.

so now what?

its not the first time some one protested or took to the streets.

we used to have ron paul people go down town and do their things..

same for the ows people.

and some burmese protesting something..

nothing came of it...

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan
what was accomplished on that day other than getting beeps from people who agree and hate from people who disagree.....

you pretty much get the same thing here.

occasionally on the net you spark the interest of someone people who have no clue.. the same can be said about what you did.

..was there anything else accomplished??

I am happy you had fun and got out of the house.. but there have been bigger protests with some movement i forgot what it was called.. and nothing came of that.

so now what?

its not the first time some one protested or took to the streets.

we used to have ron paul people go down town and do their things..

same for the ows people.

and some burmese protesting something..

nothing came of it...
I think it all comes down to awareness, 1 person at a time. We came across a lot of people who are scared and afraid of our Gov. Sure it looks fruitless when you look at the big picture, but a person has to start somewhere, and from the way it looks, I’m not the only one.

I can at least walk away with a smile on my face, knowing that I didn’t sit behind a computer screen just complaining about it. I see a lot of people complaining, but I see very few stepping forward to at least TRY to make a difference.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I drove to conservative California this weekend and saw some anti-Obama signage over the freeways.

Things like REMOVE O was pretty common.

On the way from Los Angeles to Las Vegas there is a huge Ron Paul REVOLUTION sign on the side of the road.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join