It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could we fight or would it be futile?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I also don't really see much sense in hostile aliens except from a colonization standpoint.

Even from a colonization standpoint, there's arguments against hostile action where visitors could very well be quite successful in sharing the planet with us.

From a resource standpoint, There's plenty minerals, ore, and raw material available throughout the solar system in less expensive abundance than having to deal with Earth's 1G gravity well.
There's Europa, an entire moon of Water, as well as all the slushy abundance of icy body material in the Kuiper Belt and Oort Cloud, all much less energy expensive to get at and exploit than bothering with Earth.

Mars itself could be mined less expensively than Earth.

Earth would be a last stop on working outside-inwards in any resource exploitation operation, and by the time we even knew anything was wrong with our Solar System, by the time we detected Pluto being broken up or towed off and broken down, it'd be too late and there'd be nothing we could really do to fight against technological civilizations that can break down entire solar systems for resources.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

IF a hostile alien race decided to show up on earth....

Where have you been? One already has it is called the U.S. government, but not to worry they are only hostile to their own citizens. Oh wait they are only hostile to all the people on earth.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
After thinking this thru a little further....

What could an alien civilization possibly want from earth?
1. food
2. water
3. building materials/fuel
4........a new habitat

If 1. food is the answer we are probably on the dinner plate with all other life on the planet, with
no recourse to defend ourselves from a superior technology.

If water they would just take what they need and leave...the same with building material/fuel.
We would be powerless to stop them.

If 4...they need a new habitat to live on. We would still be screwed. we are the only species on
this planet capable of resisting an invasion.

So how would the aliens defeat us? Very, very simply. The would acquire/abduct a human specimen,
take some DNA, construct a deadly virus or bacteria that targets humans, and unleash it on the
planet....no Hollywood, no drama, no tense strategic battlefield scenarios, no nukes, no Star Wars..
...no thing....we would all just die

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Maybe we've been invaded already and they put puppets to make us believe we have a human government. They didn't kill us, they made us slaves and guinea pigs.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
perhaps they're keeping themselves hidden because the general population of the earth are mentally inept and afraid of them... and would consider them demons... and thus... try to kill them even if they wanted to help?

Someone, somewhere here on the boards made somewhat of the same analogy and basically made the comparison and asked what if an uncivilized tribe were discovered, and when we tried to make contact, the Shaman told the tribal members that we were demons and they attacked and killed us?

I replied that they probably would've got to keep their rain forest.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

So generally speaking...

its agreed we wouldn't stand a snowballs chance in hell if we had to fight?

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
If any interstellar culture (STL or FTL) were genuinely hostile, they'd squash us like bugs.....If we were lucky we might get a few moments warning.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

I also don't really see much sense in hostile aliens except from a colonization standpoint.

Even from a colonization standpoint, there's arguments against hostile action where visitors could very well be quite successful in sharing the planet with us.

From a resource standpoint, There's plenty minerals, ore, and raw material available throughout the solar system in less expensive abundance than having to deal with Earth's 1G gravity well.
There's Europa, an entire moon of Water, as well as all the slushy abundance of icy body material in the Kuiper Belt and Oort Cloud, all much less energy expensive to get at and exploit than bothering with Earth.

Mars itself could be mined less expensively than Earth.

Earth would be a last stop on working outside-inwards in any resource exploitation operation, and by the time we even knew anything was wrong with our Solar System, by the time we detected Pluto being broken up or towed off and broken down, it'd be too late and there'd be nothing we could really do to fight against technological civilizations that can break down entire solar systems for resources.

Pure gibberish. We attack now. There are plenty of aliens abducting us right now. Maybe instead of equipping abductees with gps devices, we stuff their butts full of C4. But oh no, we have to be all skeptical and stuff. Seriously?

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
If our leaders are fighting them, our armies and our black ops, I would question if they were the negatives even.

For those who seem to be awakening on the other side of the tracks and seem to know they're connected to a certain group I can't say they are for sure, but IF they are, then they seem to think it won't matter what we do. They seem to believe that Marduk's group would come in and more or less kill a lot of people and they judge alot of people for wrong doings, and abuse of the planet, according to many online accounts of people who claim to be of the group.

Myself, always suspected that would be the group our military or leaders would present as MR ET if they ever disclosed saying NWO type systems is how progressed societies evolve, and so now we need to become a fascist high tech planet to join with their federation....

But then for true negatives there might be the whole issue of them alluding to them but never being able to introduce one to them because they're more like entities....

Which brings us to the good ones and especially Higher Ups. I really think Love and Goodness is over everyone's head, has the highest tech in existence, and so would never fight, except perhaps would die to defend child or family.

I just meditate and hold the happy ending, and believe nothing but that is going to happen. I have been told if and when disclosure ever occurs to hide low, and determine who it is that is stepping forward. Ie. if the group is into money, banks, allows poverty to exist, and our current criminal leaders and corporations are still in charge, its the wrong goup, and we haven't woken up, equalized and freed this planet or progressed it yet.
edit on 28-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I just meditate and hold the happy ending, and believe nothing but that is going to happen.
I am 100% with you on this one. I will be going to Thailand and will be meditating and getting some massages and focusing on that happy ending.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
Since Aliens seems to be the topic of the day... I was wondering

IF a hostile alien race decided to show up on earth.... Could we put up any kind of defence against a civilisation who's weapons are likely hundreds of years more advanced then our primitive guns?

More like millions of years more advanced than ours! Futile absolutely. No chance whatsoever. Ants would have an easier time conquering human beings.

The reason they will be much more advanced is that we are much more likely to encounter aliens that have been out there for a long time than we are to find ones that have just recently began interstellar travel.

Imagine it this way, you have two circular targets to hit. The size of the targets represent how long each of two civilization has been actively travelling in space. One civilization has been travelling in space for a LONG LONG time, and is represented with a huge target. The other civilization is new to space travel and is represented by a tiny target. Obviously we have a much greater chance of hitting the large target than we do hitting the smaller one. In the same way, assuming the ages of hypothetical alien civilizations are evenly distributed, we have a much greater chance of encountering the old ones (the ones with a greater temporal target).

Another reason we may be more likely to encounter older civilizations is that having much greater resources at their disposal, they will probably have located and exterminated many of the younger civilizations already

Speaking of technological advantage. The most important advantage they will have, and the one I hardly ever see mentioned, will be their massively superior intelligence. They will have engineered their intelligence. They will have eliminated many of the flaws of their naturally evolved intelligence. And they will have added many new tools to their cognitive abilities. They will be faster, more accurate, and more versatile thinkers. For us it will be like beinig a novice trying to defeat a grand master at chess, except probably much more difficult.

Lastly, I think there are very good reasons to believe they may be very hostile toward us. I wont go into that in this post that is already too lengthy.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
There are sides, I guess this could be described as the mid management level, those who would equalize, yet free, and heal humanity, nature and the world, and progress them and those who like cycles and look down upon the kindergarden and believe they have the right to take the spoils, or blame another planet's destruction on humans yet again. These aren't the Higher Ups and I'm not interested in things in the this universe, save for Love, Happiness, Children, True Love/Marriage and Rainbows...Its getting out of here that counts.

I keep having to add a little more. There is a thing about permissions, and there is protection as well. I recall this odd dream about being at the old farm again and this very tall, possibly 20 foot reptilian general of sorts, in my back yard. And I knew he could squish me in a nano second, but had to protect the kids so marched right up to him, like a tiny doll next to him, and said, you are not allowed here, you have to leave. And he did. Then this shadow seemed to fill the valley, but it only went along the outline of our property and didn't cross over. Think we have to keep working on ourselves, so to speak, compassion for others and overcome our weaknesses in the flesh, whether it be anger, or greediness, just keep seeking to be able to stand still and choose our responses, gain Higher Mind. Because that seems to affect permissions.
edit on 28-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Humans have a problem in projecting their own ideas of civilization [or lack thereof] unto beings who do not think
or function in the continuuous and uncivilized manor of bugs and animals as humans often still do. These alien intelligencies who are now observing humans and whose craft appear often could be of great benefit to the human race. BUT should they find that as man extends his reach into outer-space that he is a threat to the logical order of the universe 'they' might decide to end the human experiment and yes in that case there would be no defense.

In the meantime humans should concentrate on at least achieving a 'Stage I Civilization' and completely eliminating mortal combat [war] as a means of controlling and subduing each other.

To understand what we mean by a Stage I Civilization' consider the following:

The Kardashev scale is a method of measuring a civilization's level of technological advancement, based on the amount of energy a civilization is able to utilize. The scale has three designated categories called Type I, II, and III. A Type I civilization uses all available resources impinging on its home planet, Type II harnesses all the energy of its star, and Type III of its galaxy. The scale is only hypothetical and in terms of an actual civilization, highly speculative; however, it puts energy consumption of an entire civilization in a cosmic perspective. It was first proposed in 1964 by the Soviet astronomer Nikolai Kardashev. Various extensions to the scale have been proposed since, ranging from a wider range of power levels (types 0, IV and V) to the use of metrics other than pure power.

Michio Kaku suggested that humans may attain Type I status in about 100–200 years, Type II status in a few thousand years, and Type III status in about 100,000 to a million years

If you want to know why aliens are observing us it is because of a 'mythical' [at this point] search for human
intelligence - All the technology and inventions of man mean nothing if man can not at least master his local Universe and needs to continually direct his inventions against his own species.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I'm an optimist but we would get obliterated in a purely psychological sense before we even tried to physically attack, their show of force would be clear who is dominant in the predicament.
For one, if they have offensive planetary capabilities you can bet we aren't their first planet.

We could fight like ants trying to fight off a pack of wolves. Which... yeah....
We couldn't kill them but maybe just maybe we could irritate them enough to leave.

The most likely scenario is killer robots.
Those are the first things going out into the cosmos assuming they are anything like us.
To kill robots I guess we'd be forced to use EMP's assuming that's even a thing?

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Im not good for one word responses, but here it applies. "FUTILE" for all the obvious reasons.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
There's a couple different answers to this one;

I suspect the US govt, and maybe others, have some pretty advanced weapons they've been developing for just such an occurrence. Back in the early 1950s, the UFO reports were coming in so hot and heavy, they were worried they wouldn't know if we were being invaded and they've been spending a fortune on black projects ever since.

There's a possibility that H. G. Wells' idea will work and our microbes will get them, even if they turn out to be friendly.

Otherwise, invite them in for milk and cookies. See what their intentions are. And spike the cookies, depending.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

The Kardashev scale is a method of measuring a civilization's level of technological advancement, based on the amount of energy a civilization is able to utilize. The scale has three designated categories called Type I, II, and III. A Type I civilization uses all available resources impinging on its home planet, Type II harnesses all the energy of its star, and Type III of its galaxy. The scale is only hypothetical and in terms of an actual civilization, highly speculative; however, it puts energy consumption of an entire civilization in a cosmic perspective. It was first proposed in 1964 by the Soviet astronomer Nikolai Kardashev. Various extensions to the scale have been proposed since, ranging from a wider range of power levels (types 0, IV and V) to the use of metrics other than pure power.

Oh, god, for an instant there I thought that read 'Kardashian scale' and a chill went up my spine. Either way we're probably doomed, but to go out like that....

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
If it came to a fight, it would, indeed, be futile, to the Nth degree. Actually, as the Borg would say, resistance itself would be futile.

Our only hope is,

A. They are not hostile and have no malevolent intent.
B. There are 'friendlies' standing by to protect or shield us from harm by the hostiles.

I subscribe to the school of thought that says that any beings technically advanced to the point of traversing the galaxy will most certainly have the capability to do as they will with primitive creatures like us.

Let us hope they either subscribe to some version of the Prime Directive or at least will intervene on our behalf if needed.

My advice: spend some time familiarizing yourself with the great contributions made in the ATS Survival Forum. It may prolong your life for a little while longer if such a scenario ever unfolds...

ed it on 7/29/2013 by Outrageo because:

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
We'd get owned for sure if they were capable of traveling back and forth between solar system with very little effort. They could easily make preemptive strikes without us evening realizing it.Not only that, our armies are not really capable of sending stuff to other planets, so an alien race could easily intercept such attempts.

Comparing our technology to another that is capable of travel vast space travel would be like comparing United states military to terrorists in a cave. It would be ironic.
edit on 29-7-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

We already have some limited use of solar energy. Can you imagine to what extent an advanced race has perfected
the use of solar, magnetic, gravitational and any and every other form of energy you can imagine. The Universe is mostly composed of energy And there is a, huge universe out there full of matter of any sort you can imagine. They don't need our resources. They need and want to harvest our minds - Could you stand the idea of having your mind expanded beyond its current capacity? Expanded well beyond the parameters of human intelligence? It could enlighten the human race but the history of Man shows a species that resists advancing - the jury is still out on whether man can evolve and ascend beyond his current limited paradigm.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join