It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controversial conservative Christian radio host supports the criminalization of oral and anal sex.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
For a long time I had a suspicion that the ridiculous and totally disproportionate anti-gay religious hysteria was only the beginning in a clear conspiracy to ultimately control the lives of everybody according to a fascist religious dogma.

After all, heterosexuality came from a long church history that decided how even married couples could consummate their relationships, and even on what days.
Colonial bans on oral sex in some African countries remain until this day.
However, as Western culture moved away from regulating heterosexual couples (instead moving its focus on "deviant" identities) oral sex was deemed relatively harmless.
In fact, some "pro-virginity until marriage" movements implicitly encouraged it, since it left reproductive virginity untouched.

It's been quite clear however that some conservative religious groups have slowly but surely been broadening their scope of desired social control.
Westboro is one example of a group that started with homophobic campaigns, but who now also want to legislate against divorce, re-marriage and "sinful" heterosexual behavior.

Now it seems there is some political support for criminalizing oral sex and anal sex, both for homosexuals and heterosexuals.
These may be radical templates for now, but there's little doubt that once given power these groups will take society right back to the dark ages, or the Old Testament (where virgins who were raped had to marry their rapists).

Of course every moral panic goes with a health risk, and in this case it is HPV that may cause oral and throat cancers if one is infected by somebody with the virus.
It may also cause other cancers, especially cancer of the cervix in women, so it makes me wonder why any sex should then be legal.
www.cdc.gov...

On the one hand I think its ridiculous to even imagine that one could police this, but on the other it is at least consistent in targeting all people, and not just gay and lesbian people.

Would you support this, and what do think the penalty should be?
Should it differ between protected and unprotected sex?
In a religious sense, is there even such a thing as "protected sex"?
Wouldn't it leave women exposed to even more riskier sex as the only legal option?

It may sound ridiculous now, but it is surely not the last we'll hear about this.
The religious fascists want full surveillance and control of everybody's private lives.

It’s not a shocker that the controversial conservative Christian spokesman for the American Family Association, radio host Bryan Fischer, is backing up Virginia GOP gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli, calling for banning oral sex as well as anal sex between consenting adults -- among heterosexuals as well as homosexuals -- claiming the practices allow for the spread of diseases. But dragging Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky into this, and suggesting speeding tickets be issued to those who engage in oral sex, are eyebrow-raising even for Fischer.

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 28-7-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
An evil-angelical? Excuse me I meant evangelical.

Rape is okay if the woman is not married or engaged, but oral sex if consensual is bad.

Christ threatening the Roman governor of Palestine with execution without charging him with a capital offense like serial rape, child molestation, or murder for simply not wanting to have a king is okay, but murder in the Old Testament is wrong.

Shrug.
edit on 28-7-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
It’s a new approach at an old system of control. It is completely ridiculous yet there will always be some who try to push this kind of nonsense.

It’s just stupid, stupid, stupid.

link   
Would I support this?
No.

link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Conservative Christian radio host supports the criminalization of oral and anal sex for all.

someone's obviously not getting any

sorry op i just could'nt resist

link   
Once again cutting edge social and cultural issues found in the gutter. Oh if only we could stop the spread of this plight we could have utopia.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Even if it did pass, somewhat, probably, very unlikely; for the cops to know you were doing it in the first place, chances are you already got far worse legal issues.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Instead of indicting conservatism and Christianity (I'm a Libertarian by the way), can we please be more mindful about labeling people such as this.

Clearly, he is a douchius maximus, regardless of his other labels.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I think you have a point, and I know both conservative and Christian people who would not agree with this.

I still have time to edit, so suggestions for a better label are welcome.

In SA we don't really know this radio host at all.

A general note: Everybody please mind the T&C, and rather edit on the side of caution.
It can be a topic with much mirth, but let's not force a mod intervention in what can be an important debate on civil liberties.

Apart from that some HPV can be spread by simple skin to skin contact, so it's not just about sex.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Hey what about us athiests? We're already going to hell
so will these ridiculous laws apply?

When the mothership arrives later this year these bastards are going to be sorry! From what I hear aliens don't give a damn about your sexual life or who you do it to.

Why are people so worried about what everyone else is doing? If he or she likes it in the butt why should anyone give a damn? It's really not your business. (I think it's a little gross but if you like it then knock yourself out...have fun.)

I think the guy needs a bj he may change his mind.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

edit on 7/28/2013 by jcutler12888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by playernumber13

Imagine what this could mean to the prison-industrial complex!
Especially as I watched a documentary on the growth of private prisons in the US (they're coming here too soon), and their need for inmates.

Never even mind the "tickets" and spot fines for first time offenders.
I'm not quite sure where one would go searching for offenders specifically, but I guess this will open job opportunities for a whole new range of undercover agents.

Here's an example of what happened to a German tourist in Zambia.

Oral sex is also illegal in Zambia.

In 2001, a 65-year-old German tourist was sentenced to six years in jail for breaking this law.

In his defence Wolfgang Seifarth pleaded that he was not aware that oral sex was illegal in Zambia, but the magistrate ruled that ignorance of the law was no defence.

www.wakkipedia.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
And this will be enforced how?

A TSA style police in everyone bedrooms?
Drones?
NSA spy Cameras in everyone homes?

edit on 28-7-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Webcams which only the radio host can watch...all day

new topics

top topics

join