It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God’s glitch in Eden. A & E had to break God’s second command to accomplish the first.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by darknull
reply to post by Bone75

Im not to sure of that myself lets count the people we know about up to them. There was Adam and Lilith then Eve so were up to three. Then we have Cain, Able, and there sister cant remember her name so six. I guess when you live for more than a couple hundred years then sooner or later people would start showing up wanting to kill you. I havent read the hebrew texts myself only what I have gotten through others but it is an interesting topic.

The Jews have the more intelligent take of Genesis and Eden.

www.mrrena.com...

"Instead of the Fall of man (in the sense of humanity as a whole), Judaism preaches the Rise of man: and instead of Original Sin, it stresses Original Virtue"

Regards
DL

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
And this stuff makes sense to people because...?

Because only fools will think that sex can happen without desire and desire makes it's choice from the knowledge of good and evil aspect of the act.

Knowledge drives desire.

Regards
DL

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Why did Adam have nipples?

Kinda destroys the whole story tbh and leaves the OP's topic meaningless, along with a load of other nonsense.....

Or was he created without nipples or a bellybutton like some weird manikin freak person?

Which itself would cause issues with him being the first man, or was he a prototype? Had the God not completed/perfected the design at that stage? Or was it anticipating us being confused over this issue and planned ahead?

Is there many specific mention of Adam not having nipples and/or a bellybutton? I've searched extensively bit to no luck.....
edit on 29-7-2013 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lone12
reply to post by Greatest I am

- you are turning things upside down.

you consider that the sexual desire of this clay frame is the highest good -
but you fail to see that A&E originally had stunning beings,
from which this PRESENT fallen physical frame's sexual desire is but a Very Poor Analogy of the "sex" they originally had.

I did not claim what you say but for a species like ours, if reproduction is not the highest good, then what is?

Remember that there was only 1 man and 1 woman at that time in that myth and without reproduction, none of us would be here.

I do not understand what you mean by "A&E originally had stunning beings,".
Explain please.

Regards
DL

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by HanzHenry
the bigger idiocy is Adam and Eve were created (adam being the first man).
so they had 2 sons... boys.. 2 outties.. no innies

then one son kills the other... and goes off to marry you know... some of those other people..

"what other people?" ... you say..

ah- forget that... the bible is the word of god.. you heathern

You see 20/20.

Regards
DL

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ganjoa
I love it: an actual debate about the logical construction of a mythological story!

BTW, what was the second commandment (and the first commandment) referred to by the OP?
I thought the "Commandments" weren't defined until Moses.
And what happened to Lilith (or whatever the woman created in Genesis 1's name was)?
How was it that Cain and Able had wives to choose from that weren't also their sisters?

Even the Jewish theologians struggled with trying to explain the inconsistencies in this mythology, thus creating the Lilith myth to support it. Let's face it folks, the bible is a work of fiction, make up or believe whatever you want about Genesis.

ganjoa

No argument.

But why would you want to let people believe what they want?
You do know that the bible has been used to deny women equality. Right?

Let me go further.

It is my view that all literalists and fundamentals hurt all of us who are moral religionists as well as those who do not believe. They all hurt their parent religions and everyone else who has a belief or not. They make us all into laughing stocks and should rethink their position. There is a Godhead but not the God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution. Beliefs in fantasy, miracles and magic are evil.

www.youtube.com...

They also do much harm to their own.

African witches and Jesus
www.youtube.com...

Jesus Camp 1of 9
www.liveleak.com...

Death to Gays.
www.youtube.com...

For evil to grow my friends, all good people need do is nothing.
Fight them when you can. It is your duty to our fellow man.

Regards
DL
edit on 29-7-2013 by Greatest I am because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prezbo369

Well, after he gave birth to Eve, he had to feed her. Right?

Oh wait. Women give birth. Ignore that fact for now like the scribes did when they wrote the myth. Just another glitch.

Regards
DL

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prezbo369

Kinda destroys the whole story tbh and leaves the OP's topic meaningless, along with a load of other nonsense.....

Or was he created without nipples or a bellybutton like some weird manikin freak person?

Which itself would cause issues with him being the first man, or was he a prototype? Had the God not completed/perfected the design at that stage? Or was it anticipating us being confused over this issue and planned ahead?

Is there many specific mention of Adam not having nipples and/or a bellybutton? I've searched extensively bit to no luck.....
edit on 29-7-2013 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

I have a better question. Why did He give women tongues? Lol

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Many books in christinaty tell to follow rules at a certain points. If you read between lines in both bibles, you will see that the rule are good, but sometime you must break them. World as paradice, aren't perfect, rules doesn't alway help to do the right thing. Remember that, or end like Lancelot...
edit on 29-7-2013 by Spationaute because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-7-2013 by Spationaute because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Please let me add to this O P with the following.

I think Ayn Rand had a well-written discussion of this exact topic:

What is the nature of the guilt that your teachers call his Original Sin? What are the evils man acquired when he fell from a state they consider perfection? Their myth declares that he ate the fruit of the tree of knowledge—he acquired a mind and became a rational being. It was the knowledge of good and evil—he became a moral being. He was sentenced to earn his bread by his labor—he became a productive being. He was sentenced to experience desire—he acquired the capacity of sexual enjoyment. The evils for which they damn him are reason, morality, creativeness, joy—all the cardinal values of his existence. It is not his vices that their myth of man’s fall is designed to explain and condemn, it is not his errors that they hold as his guilt, but the essence of his nature as man. Whatever he was—that robot in the Garden of Eden, who existed without mind, without values, without labor, without love—he was not man.

aynrandlexicon.com...

-----------------------

I will also add this clip from Christopher Hitchens.

The key phrase I want you to hear is his reference to a creator God -----

“ we are created sick and ordered to be well.”

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join