It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Doesn't Matter Anymore - Ratings Nose Dived While You Weren't Looking

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

So Faux News - the worst of them all, is now in the fortunate position to clinch a MSM monopoly?

And you are going to claim this proves Americans arent stupid? Oh the irony.

All this proves is that the left right paradigm is alive and well, and that people will be there once again to vote into office another round of puppets to the banks, and walk away from the experience feeling satisfied and vindicated.

Oh - the tragedy of stupidity.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
CNN has improved since the Clinton years. They were really bad back then. Now they are moderately bad. The WORST network is MSNBC. It's a sick sick joke. I can't believe anyone buys what they are selling. It's a sad statement about America ...

Originally posted by Amagnon
So Faux News - the worst of them all,

No. MSNBC is the worst of them all. By far.
Mika ... Joe ... Al Sharpton ... Chris Matthews ...Rachel .... Ed etc
Absolutely brain dead.
edit on 7/29/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Hmmm... so FOX's numbers are good thus they are the true source of unbiased facts and people who tend to watch TV for their news are informed and can see through the manipulation so rampant in today's media...

OR

FOX's numbers are good because the older, easily manipulated, slightly out-of-touch TV watching eaters of mainstream slop and followers of fake right wing/ left wing propaganda find their expectations echoed without having to endure scary facts that might make them think and question.

I leave it to the reader to figure out the more likely scenario.

Hint... FOX Corp is evil and cynical, and yes, even more so than the other less than optimal mainstream news outlets. Or rather "Some say" FOX is crap and opinion, not fact for 75% of their airtime.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by supremecommander

Originally posted by blackz28
look the fact that obama admin hates FOX WORKS FOR ME

M/

Well....that makes you simple minded, since Obama serves the same masters that pay for advertising on Fox.

Honestly....some of you folks on here are ridiculous.
edit on 28-7-2013 by supremecommander because: (no reason given)
so thats your answer , ahhh wow , that was well thought out lol

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

What this likely means is that moderates and liberals (who tend to be younger) aren't getting their news from cable so much anymore (see internet
) but conservatives (who tend to be older) still do (see Fox News
).

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag
reply to post by elouina

You are missing the point.

Fox lies just as much as the others.

Do not trust them as a source of anything other than the status quo.

But you are missing my point. The US citizens aren't falling for CNN's propaganda and are turning a blind eye to them. Plus we need balance. I would certainly hope that no one sits and watches strictly CNN or even FOX every day. Growing up, my favorite spot to get true reporting was in our news papers editorial section. Which is basically what the internet has become.

Originally posted by kosmicjack
reply to post by elouina

What this likely means is that moderates and liberals (who tend to be younger) aren't getting their news from cable so much anymore (see internet
) but conservatives (who tend to be older) still do (see Fox News
).

Well, this may truly be correct. And it is a good thing. But I wonder how much longer we will have our protections online? Did you see my most recent new thread concerning a book writer who exposed warrantless wiretapping, that is being required by the government to provide his source? This last maneuver was pushed through by the Obama administrations Justice department. This happened not long after Obama promised more protections for both whistleblowers and the press!

So while everyone was in this thread arguing over stupid news channels, we have lost a little bit more of our freedoms. The freedom of the press..... Perhaps even now, this very thread is a moot point .

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I used to watch CNN ALL the time, when I got home from work, it went on, in the morning it was On, But I completly stopped watching All MSM news channels after the election of 2008. Then I had No drive to watch CNN or any other MSM media. I found alternative news sites on the Net much much more appealing, and became much more aware of the day to day news without the usual spin that MSM puts on there stories. MSM is boring, dilluted, and just not the appealing to listen too. The MSM have totally lost my attention and will never get it back.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

@OP,

One of your sources calls both CNN and MSNBC leftwing. One can argue that MSNBC is that, although it is truly more corporate Democratic propaganda organ than anything else, but to call CNN leftwing? Seriously? CNN is leftwing; that is why it rah-rah'ed for the Iraq war, huh? I suggest you cite sources that aren't so over the top in their political bias if you want non-koolaid drinkers to take your posts seriously. Is said source citing cable news ratings honestly? Maybe, but I tend not to believe sources that paint so much biased subjective description in their reports.

As for the ratings, all three of those cable "news" networks are a crock of doo-doo. People looking for actual, factual news tend not to watch any of those networks to get their information. That Fox has ratings equal to or greater than those other two doesn't say anything about Fox's news quality, but only that Fox is feeding the cable-tv news trough feeders what they want. That matters to advertisers obviously, but doesn't say much more than that.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

I would definitely say that there are times where they all sing the same song, which kind of erodes the left/right bias story. None of them tend to report things in an objective manner at all anymore and just about every article or news release I see is peppered out with colorful, subjective language geared to prompt an emotive and specific response. Yet, it's most curious when they all do sing the same song because that strikes me as so very odd for what is typically a very polarized media overall. The question is whether or not this polarization is controlled opposition or if it's just the way it is and behaves when it is supposed to.

I believe it was Jon Ronson that alleged that CIA actually had operatives working on the floor of CNN. Whether that is true or not, I don't know. Hard to get definitive confirmation on that sort of thing. However, the CIA does have a media department that specifically deals with tv and movies (even offers up script ideas). Basically, at least the gist of it that I have received from watching a few interviews of actors/actresses working on some of these projects is that the CIA will have a liaison come to monitor and make suggestions. Then you think, how many tv shows and movies has Fox put out that featured the CIA? www.cia.gov...

And when you really start thinking about the media and even intelligence depiction, you may start to realize that the theme often is good cop/bad cop. FBI--good cop. CIA--bad cop. NSA? That's the cop that rarely gets talked about (No Such Agency). CIA as the scary bad cop works, too, from a strategic perspective as well because if one's own citizens fear you and believe you're capable of anything, then what of that country's enemies? So either it's all controlled opposition or catering into a specific market because that is "what sells". Fox has done very well in terms of capturing their market's attention and the other agencies have tried to emulate it. However, on one final note, it's really very interesting to look at Murdoch's historical political beliefs within Australia and compare them to what he promotes on his news channel. Seems to be two very different things.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Doesn't surprise me that Fox News is so popular.... speaks volumes as to the mindset of the common American viewer....

Fox news is steeped in stupidity and panders to the lowest common denominator, which is now the majority.

Submitted as an example of the stupidity is this recent interview. It's painful to watch this if you have half a brain...

*facepalm*
edit on 29-7-2013 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
This thread hurt my soul deeply. I thought we were WAAAAY beyond this by the time of post-Iraq invasion but apparently not.

Every single American MSM News outlet that exists in it's current form falls under the umbrella of the Feds,
they are all part of the rigged system, trying to differentiate between them makes no sense.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
As a libertarian conservative, I have to step in here and defend those blasting Fox News for what it truly is. The only thing scarier than the fact that all of our major "journalistic" institutions have sold their collective soul to the corporate machine is the notion Fox News has become the beacon of truth and a source of trusted information for a supposedly large segment of the population.

When I was younger and started to really care about the world, in high school and thereafter, I would constantly have the news on or C-SPAN. Flipping back and forth between Fox and CNN and MSNBC. It really didn't take long for me to develop a condition in which nausea would set in every time I tuned in. Every one of them is guilty of the same propaganda tactics, and probably the biggest one of all is their adherence to the Left-Right system which allows for perpetual distraction and scapegoating.

Honestly though, as a right leaning person, I take the largest issue with the so-called Conservative media because of how disingenuous they are. Fox and it's cohorts, and people like Rush Limbaugh, Mark Levin, and Michael Savage, have all actively participated in the erosion of our personal liberties and the expansion of the military-industrial complex's police state. They contribute to the false sense of reality that justifies hatred and indifference towards people who are different ie. Muslims, homosexuals, peace-nik types, those of a left-leaning persuasion, Mexicans, etc. But of course now, with a Democrat in office, they have become the defenders of freedom and liberty, and speak as if they're the experts on the Constitution and the Founders.

They're all guilty of this behavior, but as I stated I take strongest issue personally with those who claim to share the same views as me or profess to be the leaders of a group or movement conservative in nature. When one studies actions instead of rhetoric one finds that when it comes to the media they are all liars. All actors. All fascists. Some just claim to be Republican, and others Democrat. But the differences between the two are vastly outweighed by the similarities they share.

As another poster stated, Fox and the "right-wing" media could hammer Obama on some real issues. I've said this myself many times. Instead they make up this boogeyman image of a Marxist, Muslim infiltrator intent on destroying America, which cleverly disguises the fact he's a business as usual President who tramples the Constitution, placates the corporate state, and murders scores of innocent people all over the globe - mostly in Islamic regions of the world - without so much as a hesitation. And people believe this stuff!

I see it every day. My mother, who I visit enough to understand her schedule and normal behavior, constantly has Fox News on the TV and one of the conservative talk show hosts playing on the iPhone radio. I watched fascinated and disturbed as her world view and beliefs mutated from a somewhat moderate standing to an ultra-right, puritanical stance. She buys everything they are selling - hook, line, and sinker - and gladly, even joyously, routinely repeats and disseminates the lies she is told without a cross reference or a source check. And I know there's a whole army of those like her out there in America. Listening to people like Michelle Bachman and Glenn Beck and believing they know anything they are talking about.

Anyone on TV or on the radio is not to be trusted, as far as I'm concerned. There's a small amount of people worthy of unwavering trust and people are much too eager to give it up. It is supremely dangerous.
edit on 29-7-2013 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Once a republican president gets into office will people begin to hate fox more than the left wing news networks

here is the deal.

CNN protects the democrat president..

some of what they have to omit or lie about to protect the president is so obvious that people begin to mistrust it

Fox on the other hand, bashes the democrat president by default whether he does good or bad.. he could do something that goes along the lines of what republicans want... but they will still crap on him cuz he is a democrat.

Once a republican president gets into office....

Fox will defend that president even if they have lie or omit information.

and CNN will be loved again once the lies of fox become to much to bear..

Not because cnn is better but simply because they will bash a republican president regardless of what he does.

I really how no clue how people cannot see this.

it really makes me realize that everyone is to polarized to ever unite to make any changes in this country.
edit on 29-7-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-7-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Another little fact about Fox News...their average viewer's age is 65.

I'm not saying old people are stupid...but their mental capacity isn't at their peak performance.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

You know I gave this some thought and no, FOX is not part of the "evil" MSM, as we know it. They have their own little place in cable land. One where truths are told to offset all the propaganda. They are our only hope for the truth getting out. So yeah I am suggesting that Americans are not stupid for watching FOX.

Oh geez.............. I was completely with you until you said Fox is our only hope for the truth getting out.

That is so shockingly wrong on so many levels I find myself just shaking my head. Fox is just as evil as CNN, the only difference and I mean only between Fox and CNN or MSNBC is they lean right instead of left. Just as much omission, lies, deceit and manipulation pour out of Fox every day.

Uggghh3

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienScience
reply to post by elouina

Another little fact about Fox News...their average viewer's age is 65.

I'm not saying old people are stupid...but their mental capacity isn't at their peak performance.

And it clearly wasn't when they were the lead generation in our country that stood by and allowed for things to deteriorate into what we have now.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I'm sure NBC'S upcoming mini-series on Hillary Clinton will reeeealllly boost their ratings

Poor sad fools...they just can't help themselves.
Go FOX!

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The lying MSM are those who praise and support a particular party regardless of the facts. Fox, for the record, had many negative things to say about Bush's decisions during his presidency. CNN, ABC and MSNBC act like Obama can do no wrong when in reality...he does most everything wrong.

So, a nice big YES! Fox is the anti-MSM telling the people the truth. The others? Nazi propaganda.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeAreAWAKE
The lying MSM are those who praise and support a particular party regardless of the facts. Fox, for the record, had many negative things to say about Bush's decisions during his presidency. CNN, ABC and MSNBC act like Obama can do no wrong when in reality...he does most everything wrong.

So, a nice big YES! Fox is the anti-MSM telling the people the truth. The others? Nazi propaganda.

I can't even believe I just read this...

mind = blown

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
depressing to see all these Soros trolls.
Fox tells the US news about Benghazi, the IRS, Obamacare, etc, that the MSM outlets ignore or spin.
Happily, more and more viewers are catching on and turning off the MSM.
the real problem is the marching morons that don't watch any news until a month before the election, at which time they get propogandized so's they can vote democrat (again).

anyone who says 'there's no difference' is just regurgitating the old left/democrat fallback position; anytime a leftist/democrat gets caught he/she says 'well both sides do it'. they don't.

while I'm at it; every time I turn on Fox I see any of a number of house liberals (Juan Williams, Alan Colmes, Bob Beckel) debating the left/democrat line, so the folks watching get both sides of the stories. the MSM? not so much.

too bad. this site is supposed to be about denying ignorance, not spreading it.
watch Fox. open your mind.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join