It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Doesn't Matter Anymore - Ratings Nose Dived While You Weren't Looking

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The ONLY place that "mainstream media doesn't matter anymore" is here on ATS and other forums like this.

Sorry, but this entire thread is vying the most worthless discussion I've ever encountered on ATS.
Whether FOX News is "main stream" or not is irrelevant.
Many more millions watch TV and cable news than participate in internet forums.

ganjoa

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Obviously you are the minority on this one. So I say yeah that Fox, the one everyone watches.
You are a prime example of why every one believes the propaganda that CNN is the top news station out there. So step aside, let us enjoy our celebratory party, and let the numbers talk.

ok... first of all, let me introduce myself by saying that i have been lurking this website for a very, very long time, and THIS character whom i have quoted just convinced me to sign up so i could post an opinion.

keep in mind i have not yet read past this post, but i will as soon as i am done typing this.

i beg of you these questions, elouina, and i pray i am not disappoint (sic): is Nicki Minaj a talented artist because of the number of records she sells? what about Jay-Z? what about poverty; is it awesome because so many people live in it? is AIDS a fantastic disease because so many have it? is cosmopolitan a great magazine because so many subscribe to it? you may have realized by now that the answer to these questions is rhetorical; NO!!! it is yer sort of 'logic' that equates popularity with quality.

you see, depending on the subject, the number of attendees/subscribers/devotees may or may not be a good or bad thing. and that, as you may or may not have picked up on by now, is what is referred to as 'subjective'; which, when concerning facts, is almost always a bad thing.

are you familiar with the documentary "Outfoxxed"? i beg of you, please take the 1 1/2 hours out of yer day to watch it.

i was literally staring at my screen aghast, face the epitome of horror and moral terror, at reading yer comments, and i am sure i will continue to do so.

i had thought 'people like you' a mere figment of my imagination... ones that truly do 'believe' this left vs. right nonsense... but you have reinforced in my mind that, in truth, it does exist; ye are not some fabled beast... but a main contributor to the countries current state of decadence.
edit on 28-7-2013 by wickedso because: minor errors.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
look the fact that obama admin hates FOX WORKS FOR ME

\M/

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
All the networks combined add up to less that 1% of Americans. Even Fox with over one million, whoop-de-doo.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackz28

\M/

In general, I agree. But that pesky part of my mind that is always telling me to question everything has been telling me for quite a while now that Fox News is all part of the plan. That they are simply there to play the other role (whatever it is today and whatever it will be tomorrow).

Every now and then, you get a brief flash of some pretty disturbing undertones on Fox. Example. They kind of criticize Obama on civil liberties but at the same time, we know darn well they weren't criticizing Bush on the same issues. They still support this. They just can't be seen supporting Obama or they lose the majority of their viewers.

So if MSNBC supports Obama (and what he's doing) and Fox does too (in a roundabout way) what do we have?

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

reply to post by DeadSeraph

Obviously you are the minority on this one. So I say yeah that Fox, the one everyone watches.
You are a prime example of why every one believes the propaganda that CNN is the top news station out there. So step aside, let us enjoy our celebratory party, and let the numbers talk.

No, he's clearly not the minority on this one. I think most people just missed the sub-text of your post and assumed you were talking about the entire mainstream media (which includes Fox news-- which is really the worst of the mainstream media stations.)

And if you don't believe that he and I are not in the minority, as you suggest, take a look at how many stars his post got, and take a look at how many stars yours got (the one I'm quoting).

Yeah, real "minority."

Faux News.

PS-- People really need to read more carefully.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackz28

M/

Well....that makes you simple minded, since Obama serves the same masters that pay for advertising on Fox.

Honestly....some of you folks on here are ridiculous.
edit on 28-7-2013 by supremecommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Basically all the Fox news haters are saying is people are too dumb to make up their own minds, so LIKE Fox News they spin a narrative to fit THEIR AGENDA.

Astonishing so many people have contempt of their fellow citizen.

Given the fact most Fox New Haters don't even watch it they need to slow that troll or they can keep linking that 'fair and balanced' Alternative news sites pushing an agenda.
edit on 28-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Not surprising to see you, who worships corporations and is an apologist for them would also shill for any "mainstream" news outlet, including Fox News.

I'll be sure to scoff the next time that I see you complaining about something that is wrong in America, knowing damn well you support those who make everything wrong.

You and the OP need to get a clue
edit on 28-7-2013 by supremecommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by supremecommander

Not surprising to see you, who worships corporations and is an apologist for them would also shill for any "mainstream" news outlet, including Fox News.

Not surprising to see a comment like that all things considered:

Oh Noes!

Don't watch that station!

It's says stuff they don't agree with!

That makes them a 'corporate worshiper' !

That makes them an 'apologist' !

Actually makes them a believer in the 1st amendment nothing more.

I'll be sure to scoff the next time that I see you complaining about something that is wrong in America, knowing damn well you support those who make everything wrong.

Why wait?

Scoff now I always scoff at the endless Fox News Hatred and anticorporate rants because people just parrot what they hear from someone else.

You and the OP need to get a clue

Sorry already have one, and thank you for the kind words.

edit on 28-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Okay seriously.

This should have been posted a LONG time ago. This should, hopefully, shut some ignorant people's mouths.

If you can watch 'till the end and still support your 'balanced news' you should just admit you're an idiot. Fools always persist in their folly and most do not end up wise.

The fact that some people still trust this OPNION 'news' is beyond unbelievable. I honestly didn't think that people one ATS cared for 'left vs right' or 'liberal vs conservative'. This is insane. Objectivity seems to be majorly lacking.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
And here's another one.....

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Joneselius

This is just a general reply to the thread -

I always look at Drudge for the mainstream news happening - The only cable news I really watch is Fox, but there are things that Fox will not cover, and they are always "pro-patriotism" "anti-obama", and like I said, there are many things they will not report (all of Fox news calls snowden a traitor, for instance)

I do look at MSNBC and the huffington post now and again to see what the whacko left is pushing -

I do look at BIN (they are the only "news" out there that will report on the LA sinkhole catastrophe happening, and I do use the "news" term loosely with BIN - but they do link to other news outlets.....

Everything you hear or read should be taken with a grain of salt these days.

I love ATS because, hopefully, there are people on the ground where things are happening that can give a clear perspective of what's really happening - unless there's just a bunch of shills putting lies up here on ATS - I sure hope not.

CSPAN is really boring - but you can catch some real eye openers watching those idiots in washington d.c. operating.
edit on 28-7-2013 by Happy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

I absolutely agree that watching FOX is acceptable. But not if you're looking for an objective opinion based on facts. It's always opinion. "They're saying" "some people say" "allegedly".

Everyone should read many news sites and see if there's a consensus about the events, if it all lines up perfectly, then I get suspicious. Very suspicious. Especially when they get a new buzzword and run with it like it's the best thing that's happened to them. Remember "kinetic action" and "enhanced interrogation"? Come now..... The news is responsible for a lot of dead language. For that reason alone they lost my respect.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I come home from work, and this is still going on? Look I made an error on my title. I was just tickled pink that the CNN propaganda machine was not #1 like I previously thought. I knew this for nearly a month and decided to share if for others that may not have been aware also. Ok? I was just sharing some numbers for Christs sake!

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I, personally, want to say this isn't a dumb thread, I respect your opinions, and you are one of the people's threads I ALWAYS look at - I just plain like you - and thanks, I appreciate you.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by elouina

I, personally, want to say this isn't a dumb thread, I respect your opinions, and you are one of the people's threads I ALWAYS look at - I just plain like you - and thanks, I appreciate you.

Thank you! Big hugz for that kind comment, I like you also.
You know, I am far from perfect and can make a mistake. And I would prefer it to be a simple one with typed words vs. one that could cost a patient their life. Anyways, I fell asleep last night and forgot to put in a change for the title, then ran off for work when I woke up. So I just submitted it now. Hopefully they will oblige me.

CNN Doesn't Matter Anymore - Ratings Nose Dived While You Weren't Looking,

edit on 29-7-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

You are missing the point.

Fox lies just as much as the others.

Do not trust them as a source of anything other than the status quo.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Even with 315 million people in this country, it still boggles my mind that even half a million watch that garbage they call news.
edit on 29-7-2013 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by elouina

Even with 315 million people in this country, it still boggles my mind that even half a million watch that garbage they call news.
edit on 29-7-2013 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

I wholeheartedly agree...and right at this very moment, with tears in my eyes, I am playing a heartbreaking Paganini piece on my nano violin...oh...oh...oh...

Å99

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   

So what do you think folks?

I think it's about blood time! Good for you America. Nothing but good can come of ignoring the Mainstream Media's propaganda. This is clear signs of progress towards a better world. I'm excited to see this finally happening
It's been long overdue!

Take back your mind America, and the rest of the world will follow.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join