It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Doesn't Matter Anymore - Ratings Nose Dived While You Weren't Looking

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

You have my number! You have managed to assertain that I want you to live in communism after one post? You really have been watching too much Fox. What's today's "terror alert"?

You may want to read my comment over a second time. Either you are purposely twisting what I have said, or you truly are failing to comprehend it. And you know what else? You really have to stop flinging insults. Life isn't always going to go your way and you need to learn to handle it as an adult.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

reply to post by DeadSeraph

No, you let me get this straight. Have you read my last reply to you? You have lost every one of your arguments so we are back to insults again. Wow do I have you pegged right,

Get the last word in, Grandma. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Don't patronize me. At least I have the decency to not throw personal insults at you. I won my argument fair and square. And without the insults that you flung freely. Including some quite vulgar ones that are still sitting unmoderated.
edit on 28-7-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

Feel free to report me to the moderators. I don't think you've "won" anything, personally, and I'd be willing to put that wager to a vote on ATS. You want to claim I am insulting you personally when I have done no such thing. I've asked you a number of questions which you have refused to answer and ultimately the only thing vulgar in this entire thread is your stubborn insistence that you have somehow "won" the debate that Fox News is not a mainstream media source.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Wow really.

You cant even profess to be educated if you think FOX is any different than the rest. They still have their own agenda. They report exactly what they want to report. Their truth is not necessarily my truth, and neither is yours.

It is not a difference of opinion it is just failure on your part to accept the truth.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by tridentblue
Wow. So the most MAIN STREAM (by your own post) cable news network is not main stream. You are off in lala land here.

Did you read what I posted about Fox a while back? Here is their zippy line that I heard year after year... "Fox news your alternative news source" It is only recently that they have grown tremendously due to folks being tired of the liberal monopoly. I have no political party affiliation, but I would like to hear more balanced news.

Fox News has gained popularity by providing viewers with an alternative news source - besides liberal leftist news.

Many believe that Fox News is devoted to Republicans or conservative thinking. On the contrary. Americans are so used to liberal news force feedings, that Fox News appears like a right wing conspiracy. Fox News delivers both sides of the story. The reason that Fox News offends liberals, is because Americans are finally hearing both sides of the story.

Why FOX News has become so popular in America

I repeat I have no political party, but I still want to hear more about those scandals etc... And I am sick and tired of omissions which are even more destructive than lies.

I also believe that Obama's camp would fight the info in this thread tooth and nail since they are against Americans knowing the truth. Look Obama even brought back propaganda to the US! We actually had rules against propaganda and he destroyed them! What does this tell you?

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Fox news is about as mainstream as you can get.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Elouina, I really want to like you. I really do. But Obama is not THE boogeyman. He's just one boogeyman in a long line of boogeymen. The legislation that has allowed Obama to do the outrageous crap he has done was drafted and signed by republicans and democrats alike. The Patriot Act (which gave Obama all sorts of fun powers) was rammed through by the Bush jr. administration, signed by both parties, and applauded by Fox News.

As much as you want to make it about Obama and how evil the left wing media outlets are (CNN, etc), Fox News and the Republicans are no better, and Fox News was INSTRUMENTAL in setting up the people for the policies which you now suddenly hate.

FOX NEWS HAS AN AGENDA. IT IS PART OF THE MSM...

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   

You fail to realize that the main purpose of this thread was to inform others that CNN and MSNBC has a smaller viewership combined than FOX has. I don't give one iota as to whether FOX is considered MSM or alternative news. You are the one who make a big ta doo about it. I truly don't give a crap.

So let me rephrase the title of my thread:
CNN is not the most viewed news as you have falsely been led to believe

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Please stop with this feigned victim hood. No one has insulted you in this thread, just pointing out our own opinions.
You, however claimed to "have my number". How should I take that comment?

It's a Sunday so lets end this amicably. Most news corporations have an agenda. Watch enough of them and it soon becomes apparent what their agendas are. Remember that they are also businesses and will report on what gets viewership figures. Things like violence, crime and other socially divisive issues.

Enjoy your day

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   

reply to post by elouina

Elouina, I really want to like you. I really do. But Obama is not THE boogeyman. He's just one boogeyman in a long line of boogeymen. The legislation that has allowed Obama to do the outrageous crap he has done was drafted and signed by republicans and democrats alike. The Patriot Act (which gave Obama all sorts of fun powers) was rammed through by the Bush jr. administration, signed by both parties, and applauded by Fox News.

As much as you want to make it about Obama and how evil the left wing media outlets are (CNN, etc), Fox News and the Republicans are no better, and Fox News was INSTRUMENTAL in setting up the people for the policies which you now suddenly hate.

FOX NEWS HAS AN AGENDA. IT IS PART OF THE MSM...

Obama renewed the Patriot act and expanded upon it. Plus! Were you aware that the person that drafted the patriot act said that it is being used in ways that even he never intended? And that he is dead set against what the NSA is doing? I need to get to bed soon, but if you want, I will find it again. You have to admit, this is alarming!

And let me tell you this, I didn't vote in 2008, but I wanted Obama to win. I told you I have no party. But I saw a side to him after he was elected that quite frankly scares me. I am a very good judge of people, and his intentions are to only benefit himself. I have never disliked a president this much, ever! I even liked Nixon better than Obama! Perhaps power has changed him. You know not everyone is suited to handle power properly. Just look at what power did to Hitler.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

That counterbalance you refer to is part of the divide and conquer propaganda as if there is any difference between either puppets in power. They all answer to the bankers, mic and large corporations

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Whatever... Think what you wish. My feelings are that the Obama admin has done far worse than we have heard about yet. And I truly hope I am wrong about this. I need to get to bed for work later today. May I leave you with this...

On 12/29/12, President Obama signed HR 4310, the 2013 National Defense Authorization Act. Section 1078 (thomas.loc. gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c112:H.R.4310
of the bill authorizes the use of propaganda inside the US, which had previously been banned since 1948 when the Smith-Mundt Act was passed.

First time since 1948, propaganda is now legal in the U.S.

We need a news source that isn't in bed with Obama more now than ever before. Night...

PS. All those train wrecks and buildings exploding were accidents and not terrorist acts covered up by propaganda.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

So what do you think folks? Americans aren't as stupid as previously thought, now are they? They know a good case of Pravda propaganda when they see it. All I have to say is that CNN and MSNBC better wake up or they will be out of business in no time. The American dollar speaks multitudes.

Does that mean Americans are getting their news from the Kardashians?

E!'s season premiere of “Keeping Up with the Kardashians” averaged 3 million total viewers and 2 million P18-49 on Sunday

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

reply to post by elouina

I think you'll find people who share your opinion that fox news is some sort of alternative media source to be in the minority here. So I wont be stepping aside while you pat yourself on the back in some sort of masturbatory spasm of internet ignorance. I'm not sure if you've recently suffered a severe head wound or you have just been watching too much fox news, but apparently you missed the 8 years preceding President Obama when your freedoms (which you claim to care so much about) were stomped on. I guess it only matters now that you have a Democrat to blame.

edit on 28-7-2013 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

Someone would have said the same thing about CNN during the Bush administration. You can't take a left or right leaning station and suddenly claim they are alternative/independent or the small business next door simply because their party isn't in power.

Jeez.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

...but FOX news lies even more than the others. And FOX's lies aren't solely through ommission, some are just lies. That said I hate all MSM, but HLN has recently taken that spot in my heart for most hated MSM station away from FOX. FOX and the others lie, but HLN has yet to tell the truth (or the news really) at all.
edit on 28-7-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

OP you're arguing that Americans are actually quite smart because they watch more Fox? Hmmn, I beg to differ. And your thread says MSM is becoming irrelevant while you put forth that citizens are doing well to watch more MSM albeit of, seemingly, your favourite flavour. I don't actually know what it is you're attempting to say here, other than Fox gets more viewers than some other channels. Whoop.
edit on 28-7-2013 by jannerfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Looks like most people have figured out what a joke mainstream media is, and then there are the people who watch FOX news and the drudge report.

Some people just never learn.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

reply to post by elouina

I think you'll find people who share your opinion that fox news is some sort of alternative media source to be in the minority here. So I wont be stepping aside while you pat yourself on the back in some sort of masturbatory spasm of internet ignorance. I'm not sure if you've recently suffered a severe head wound or you have just been watching too much fox news, but apparently you missed the 8 years preceding President Obama when your freedoms (which you claim to care so much about) were stomped on. I guess it only matters now that you have a Democrat to blame.

edit on 28-7-2013 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

You obviously don't watch FOX. They do most always have both sides (Left and Right) represented when opinions are being presented. CNN (Communist News Network) and MSNBC (Main Stream News Bull Crap) only present their Progressive/Leftist view points and only have those on who agree with them. I cannt stomach more than abot 20 mins ata time on either of these channels. They aren't news outlets, they are propaganda machines. Fox presents news stories and opinions. They also have a good time doing it.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

So what do you think folks? Americans aren't as stupid as previously thought, now are they? They know a good case of Pravda propaganda when they see it. All I have to say is that CNN and MSNBC better wake up or they will be out of business in no time. The American dollar speaks multitudes.

I am a big fan of alternative media and news sources, but are you seriously suggesting that Americans aren't stupid because they prefer Fox news to CNN or MSNBC?

Furthermore, Are you claiming Fox News isn't part of the MSM? Maybe I just read this particular quote wrong? Aren't they just left/right mouth pieces who ultimately further the same agenda?

Maybe I'm completely missing what you are trying to say here...

I agree, it's nothing to boast about that so many are choosing one flavor of propaganda over another. The media is saturated with propaganda of both left and right, and neither tells the truth.

I look forward to the day when all MSM numbers are collapsing and real citizen journalism is leading. Until that happens, this is all BS cheer leading for one group or another, not unlike the crazy partisan nonsense America is famous around the world for engaging in like it's a military battle.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
So what about the real mainstream media not the cable channels? I mean NBC nightly news gets over 9 million viewers. That alone makes the FOX, CNN and MSNBC numbers combined look tiny. Not to mention the ABC nightly news with over 8 million and and CBS nighly news with over 7 million. That is over 24 million people who get their news every night from the big 3. Compared to that FOX barely registers in fact all 3 cable channel combined barely register. The same thing happens when you compare the big 3 moning shows to the cable ones. So with the logic I have seen in this thread Americans love the MSM and the "liberal media". Or maybe the entire idea of this thread is just silly. We all know FOX caters to certain audience likes stirt the pot so that many people who watch, watch just to be outraged. Just like Howard Stern had a large chunck of his audience who listened because they hated him and wanted to be outraged at whatever new over the top thing he said. FOX also thrives off of this. It is a buisness.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join