It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Doesn't Matter Anymore - Ratings Nose Dived While You Weren't Looking

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

Originally posted by elouina
reply to post by DeadSeraph

You too... Go to Fox's Home page and bring me back a lie to show me the light. Cue Jeopardy music...

edit on 28-7-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

Would you like how they pushed the chemical weapons in Iraq lie? The Pat Tillman Lie? Which lie would you like me to highlight, exactly? How about the Syrian crisis? Is that recent enough for you? What about their handy work in reporting "reality" in Libya? Maybe you could narrow it down for me, since my options are so vast.

So I guess this was just FOX's lie?
No it was the Bush administrations lie and everyone fell for it. Unless they truly were misinformed.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- As some in the Bush administration press the case for a pre-emptive strike against Iraq, weapons experts say there is mounting evidence that Iraqi President Saddam Hussein has amassed large stocks of chemical and biological weapons he is hiding from a possible U.S. military attack.

CNN - Experts: Iraq has tons of chemical weapons

I am still waiting for my challenge question to be answered... Since I am waiting for you to back up your false claims...

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

I am still waiting... I can find lies or errors at any given news site at one time or another. You tell me that FOX is chalk full of lies. So bring me one that is posted on the home page, this very second. Back up your talk or go away..

On July 26 on fox news Martha MacCallum once again claimed the President gave an order to stand down for Benghazi riots.

she said

"My mind goes back to the order to stand down, and how none of this may have happened if that order to stand down had not been given. And we still don't know who gave that order, so that remains a really serious question here as well."

There has been NUMEROUS people that have debunked this claim, there was no stand down ordered.

The former commander of a four-member Army Special Forces unit in Tripoli, Libya, denied Wednesday that he was told to stand down during last year’s deadly assault on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi. In a closed-door session with the House Armed Services Committee, Lt. Col. S.E. Gibson said his commanders told him to remain in the capital of Tripoli to defend Americans in the event of additional attacks and to help survivors being evacuated from Benghazi. “Contrary to news reports, Gibson was not ordered to ‘stand down’ by higher command authorities in response to his understandable desire to lead a group of three other special forces soldiers to Benghazi,” the Republican-led committee said in a summary of its classified briefing with military officials, including Gibson.

Like I said you keep believing them, and keep coming up with more and more super specific criteria for being caught spreading blatant lies and propaganda.

My Assertion, ALL Main stream news is BS.

YOU say All Main Stream news is EXCEPT Fox news.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Since you continue to champion ignorance, please answer a few questions for me as honestly as you are able:

1) Did Fox News lie about Pat Tillman?

2) Did Fox News lie about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq? (more accurately, did they misrepresent the reality of the situation to the American people?)

3) Did Fox News accurately portray the last U.S Presidential election? More importantly, did they give fair reporting to all the GOP candidates?

4) Did Fox News contribute any of it's current concerns in regards to constitutional infringements during the Bush administration?

5) Did Fox News report accurately on what really happened in Libya? Did it have an agenda before the events of Benghazi?

That's just 5 questions off the top of my head. If you can answer any of them with a modicum of honesty I'll be shocked.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   

You too... Go to Fox's Home page and bring me back a lie to show me the light. Cue Jeopardy music...

Would you like how they pushed the chemical weapons in Iraq lie? The Pat Tillman Lie? Which lie would you like me to highlight, exactly? How about the Syrian crisis? Is that recent enough for you? What about their handy work in reporting "reality" in Libya? Maybe you could narrow it down for me, since my options are so vast.

So I guess this was just FOX's lie?
No it was the Bush administrations lie and everyone fell for it. Unless they truly were misinformed.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- As some in the Bush administration press the case for a pre-emptive strike against Iraq, weapons experts say there is mounting evidence that Iraqi President Saddam Hussein has amassed large stocks of chemical and biological weapons he is hiding from a possible U.S. military attack.

CNN - Experts: Iraq has tons of chemical weapons

I am still waiting for my challenge question to be answered... Since I am waiting for you to back up your false claims...

You are waiting for your challenge to be answered? You are the one who has claimed Fox News is not a MSM outlet. We are not under the burden of proof. YOU are. So your logic is that since other news sources lied or misrepresented facts, that somehow exonerates fox news from doing the same and magically makes it an independent news source? Are you high?

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

I am still waiting... I can find lies or errors at any given news site at one time or another. You tell me that FOX is chalk full of lies. So bring me one that is posted on the home page, this very second. Back up your talk or go away..

On July 26 on fox news Martha MacCallum once again claimed the President gave an order to stand down for Benghazi riots.

she said

"My mind goes back to the order to stand down, and how none of this may have happened if that order to stand down had not been given. And we still don't know who gave that order, so that remains a really serious question here as well."

There has been NUMEROUS people that have debunked this claim, there was no stand down ordered.

The former commander of a four-member Army Special Forces unit in Tripoli, Libya, denied Wednesday that he was told to stand down during last year’s deadly assault on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi. In a closed-door session with the House Armed Services Committee, Lt. Col. S.E. Gibson said his commanders told him to remain in the capital of Tripoli to defend Americans in the event of additional attacks and to help survivors being evacuated from Benghazi. “Contrary to news reports, Gibson was not ordered to ‘stand down’ by higher command authorities in response to his understandable desire to lead a group of three other special forces soldiers to Benghazi,” the Republican-led committee said in a summary of its classified briefing with military officials, including Gibson.

Like I said you keep believing them, and keep coming up with more and more super specific criteria for being caught spreading blatant lies and propaganda.

My Assertion, ALL Main stream news is BS.

YOU say All Main Stream news is EXCEPT Fox news.

Today's date is July 28th. And I gave you a challenge to prove to me that all of Fox's news is a big fat lie. All you have to do is pull out one article from their home page this very second that is a lie.

No one is clear yet on what happened at Benghazi. But how about a linki so I can see just what the heck you are talking about. Or is this top secret like all of the information that was requested of Obama on Benghazi?

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   

You are waiting for your challenge to be answered? You are the one who has claimed Fox News is not a MSM outlet. We are not under the burden of proof. YOU are. So your logic is that since other news sources lied or misrepresented facts, that somehow exonerates fox news from doing the same and magically makes it an independent news source? Are you high?

You are the one who claimed that Fox was a big fat dirty liar, don't change the subject when you can't produce the proof requested of you by a challenge.

Now I have mentioned that I have watched FOX longer than the dinosaurs have been around. I can't tell you how may times I have heard this announcement on their station.

"Fox news Your Alternative News Source".

And...

Fox News has gained popularity by providing viewers with an alternative news source - besides liberal leftist news.

Many believe that Fox News is devoted to Republicans or conservative thinking. On the contrary. Americans are so used to liberal news force feedings, that Fox News appears like a right wing conspiracy. Fox News delivers both sides of the story. The reason that Fox News offends liberals, is because Americans are finally hearing both sides of the story.

Why FOX News has become so popular in America

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
So let me get this straight, news from July 26 this Friday is not valid thirty some odd hours later over a week end no less.

OH well than I guess you are right...

Honestly I couldn't care less about what sources you think are valid, I would advise you to remember nothing you see on tv is not carefully planned and scripted to shape the opinion of the masses.

I see that you have no problem with believing a network ran by a Republican propagandist who served the GOP through most of his career, including the Nixon administration, and was key to helping every republican president get elected in the past 20 years.

Fox news is a propaganda machine, just as CNN and MSNBC are.

And with that I bid you good day sir.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

You are quite possibly in the top 5 of most ridiculous posters I've encountered on ATS (Right alongside people who think they were birthed by Aliens from another Galaxy).

Now, instead of facing reality, you want someone to find a lie on fox news RIGHT THIS SECOND, and if that can't be sourced for you immediately, than you somehow win the argument that Fox News is not a MSM source, and has no bias. Then you completely ignore the fact Fox News have been caught lying just like the news sources you cite in your arguments, and blindly stick to your guns and insist if the game isn't played your way, you win.

It's really quite comical because I had gained quite a bit of respect for you at one point reading all your threads about how people should take liberty seriously. This thread has been a serious eye opener to just how powerful the left/right paradigm is, and just how gullible some people can be.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Oh but contraire, I gave you the opportunity to back up your claim from 2 days ago since you failed to meet my challenge. But you couldn't even provide me with a link, so I could read the article myself.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
So let me get this straight, news from July 26 this Friday is not valid thirty some odd hours later over a week end no less.

OH well than I guess you are right...

Honestly I couldn't care less about what sources you think are valid, I would advise you to remember nothing you see on tv is not carefully planned and scripted to shape the opinion of the masses.

I see that you have no problem with believing a network ran by a Republican propagandist who served the GOP through most of his career, including the Nixon administration, and was key to helping every republican president get elected in the past 20 years.

Fox news is a propaganda machine, just as CNN and MSNBC are.

And with that I bid you good day sir.

It's obvious this person will keep shifting the goal posts to maintain their own paradigm.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   

No, you let me get this straight. Have you read my last reply to you? You have lost every one of your arguments so we are back to insults again. Wow do I have you pegged right,

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   

edit on 28-7-2013 by DeadSeraph because: Deleted for civility

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Fox is corporate run media. I take it you have heard of Newscorp and Rupert Murdoch. The Sun tabloid is the most read newspaper in the UK owned by Newscorp. It is in no way considered alternative.

I guess to conservatives the fact that Fox has played the underdog role during the Obama admin, somehow means its an alternative source of media. How bizarre.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   

You are the one that has been taking this all over the place.
I am and always have been contending that CNN does not have the top viewership like is falsely portrayed. In fact, the Alternative news station Fox, leads in the numbers, and actually has higher viewership than CNN and MSNBC combined.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Fox is corporate run media. I take it you have heard of Newscorp and Rupert Murdoch. The Sun tabloid is the most read newspaper in the UK owned by Newscorp. It is in no way considered alternative.

I guess to conservatives the fact that Fox has played the underdog role during the Obama admin, somehow means its an alternative source of media. How bizarre.

I most certainly have your number. Unless the news is a liberal monopoly you will not be happy. Until Fox grew in popularity, that is all that was available as a major news source.. This is certainly not conducive to what our constitution intended. If you had your way, we would already be a communistic country, Balance is needed. And PS. I have no party affiliation.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I got to tell you fox is no better than the rest. They profess to be fair and balanced but during the primaries last time around they flat refused to even acknowledge that Ron Paul even existed.

The media in general squashed Paul's entire campaign.

I have zero respect for any of the main stream media in general. They all have an agenda. What ever happened to reporting the truth without the bias?

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   

No, you let me get this straight. Have you read my last reply to you? You have lost every one of your arguments so we are back to insults again. Wow do I have you pegged right,

Get the last word in, Grandma. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Don't patronize me. At least I have the decency to not throw personal insults at you. I won my argument fair and square. And without the insults that you flung freely. Including some quite vulgar ones that are still sitting unmoderated.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   

So what do you think folks? Americans aren't as stupid as previously thought, now are they? They know a good case of Pravda propaganda when they see it. All I have to say is that CNN and MSNBC better wake up or they will be out of business in no time. The American dollar speaks multitudes.

I am a big fan of alternative media and news sources, but are you seriously suggesting that Americans aren't stupid because they prefer Fox news to CNN or MSNBC?

Furthermore, Are you claiming Fox News isn't part of the MSM? Maybe I just read this particular quote wrong? Aren't they just left/right mouth pieces who ultimately further the same agenda?

Maybe I'm completely missing what you are trying to say here...

You know I gave this some thought and no, FOX is not part of the "evil" MSM, as we know it. They have their own little place in cable land. One where truths are told to offset all the propaganda. They are our only hope for the truth getting out. So yeah I am suggesting that Americans are not stupid for watching FOX.

Wow. So the most MAIN STREAM (by your own post) cable news network is not main stream. You are off in lala land here.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

I most certainly have your number. Unless the news is a liberal monopoly you will not be happy. Until Fox grew in popularity, that is all that was available as a major news source.. This is certainly not conducive to what our constitution intended. If you had your way, we would already be a communistic country, Balance is needed. And PS. I have no party affiliation.

You have my number! You have managed to assertain that I want you to live in communism after one post? You really have been watching too much Fox. What's today's "terror alert"?

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Diisenchanted

You are entitled to your opinion as is so am I. "Lets agree to disagree."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join