It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Doesn't Matter Anymore - Ratings Nose Dived While You Weren't Looking

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
All along, how many of us have been upset that the MSM lies through omission? Well, I have been aware of this for some time, but in case you don't know this already, your fellow American hates them just as much as we do. Fox's numbers beats out both CNN's and MSNBC's combined. So what does this prove? That Americans hate being lied to! So if the MSM polls show Obama and the NSA in a good light, it doesn't mean squat since hardly anyone is there to vote in the first place.

May 23, 2013

The Fox News Channel continues to obliterate the competition, not just among its cable news competitors, but in all cable.

Weekly Ratings: Fox News 3rd, CNN 29th, MSNBC 33rd

July 19, 2013

As usual, Fox News continues to dominate both CNN and MSNBC; beating both left-wing networks combined, but post-Zimmerman on Wednesday, TV By the Numbers reports that CNN total day numbers dropped to 430,000 (beating MSNBC by only 37,000) and lost to MSNBC during the all-important primetime hours by a large margin, 734,000 to 575,000.

Ratings: CNN Collapses

July 25, 2013

(Note: Fox News regularly beats both of its left-wing counterparts combined).

Ratings: CNN's Primetime Dominance Over MSNBC Slips

July 17, 2013

WEDNESDAY JULY 17th

Total Day

FNC: 1,234,000 in P2+ (251,000 in 25-54)

CNN: 430,000 in P2+ (162,000 in 25-54)

MSNBC: 393,000 in P2+ (124,000 in 25-54)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Prime

FNC: 2,197,000 in P2+ (416,000 in 25-54)

CNN: 575,000 in P2+ (219,000 in 25-54)

MSNBC: 734,000 in P2+ (241,000 in 25-54)

Site Logo Cable News Ratings CNN's Ratings Fall After Zimmerman Trial Coverage Concludes

edit on 28-7-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/29/2013 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
So what do you think folks? Americans aren't as stupid as previously thought, now are they? They know a good case of Pravda propaganda when they see it. All I have to say is that CNN and MSNBC better wake up or they will be out of business in no time. The American dollar speaks multitudes.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
You have to wonder if the population will not buy their propaganda and refuse to watch or listen then how long will it be before the Internet is totally (tried to be) controlled for content....You need everyone believing the same B.S. if the crooks are to get away with to big to jail.....S&F

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Nope, they aren't. Drudge Report has been listing the viewer numbers on mainstream media which usually includes ABC, NBC, CNN, and sometimes Fox. Drudge will put his own numbers there too, he's been winning madly. It's usually on the top right about once per month, so watch for it there if you're interested.

I often read Huff Post just to laugh at the ridiculously wrong "news" published there. They can't even get Kate Middleton's title correct, constantly calling her a Princess. Minor in comparison to most of the crap they put up.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ameilia
reply to post by elouina

Nope, they aren't. Drudge Report has been listing the viewer numbers on mainstream media which usually includes ABC, NBC, CNN, and sometimes Fox. Drudge will put his own numbers there too, he's been winning madly. It's usually on the top right about once per month, so watch for it there if you're interested.

I often read Huff Post just to laugh at the ridiculously wrong "news" published there. They can't even get Kate Middleton's title correct, constantly calling her a Princess. Minor in comparison to most of the crap they put up.

The Drudge Report rules! Anymore I think they are better than Fox Online. Too bad Drudge doesn't have their own news station on cable. I wonder if anyone has tried to pay him off yet, or do they know better?

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I don't find it hard to believe at all either, most folks that i talk
to know better than to take whats on tv at face value even from
the supposed news channels, the internet has really made the
idea of a news channel on television obsolete, i cant count
the number of times that i find a story online and read,
in detail, about the entire deal only to see it on the news
three days later.

What that alone tells me is they are too slow for the current
era of instant info all the time. Add in the fact that they slant
the story to whatever "master" they answer to and well its
obvious people wont need them anymore.

It really comes down to people being tired of waiting for a
bunch of BS when they can look at all the info the news
channels get and make their own call, quicker and at the
very least not feel lied to or misled.
edit on 28-7-2013 by bloodreviara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I never heard of any pay off attempt and he seems to be the type who would mention it. He usually posts when Drudge Report gets a mention someplace. Yesterday this DOD.gov article was linked on Drudge the link was titled

“When bad things happen, the American people should hear it from us, not as a scoop on the Drudge Report,” he said.

Which is a direct quote from the article.

Due to things of this nature regularly popping up over the years, I'd think we'd have heard had there been a pay off attempt. Due to the content of this particular link, I'd think had there been a payoff attempt, it was unsuccessful.

+29 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
So what do you think folks? Americans aren't as stupid as previously thought, now are they? They know a good case of Pravda propaganda when they see it. All I have to say is that CNN and MSNBC better wake up or they will be out of business in no time. The American dollar speaks multitudes.

I am a big fan of alternative media and news sources, but are you seriously suggesting that Americans aren't stupid because they prefer Fox news to CNN or MSNBC?

Furthermore, Are you claiming Fox News isn't part of the MSM? Maybe I just read this particular quote wrong? Aren't they just left/right mouth pieces who ultimately further the same agenda?

Maybe I'm completely missing what you are trying to say here...

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

I am a big fan of alternative media and news sources, but are you seriously suggesting that Americans aren't stupid because they prefer Fox news to CNN or MSNBC?

Furthermore, Are you claiming Fox News isn't part of the MSM? Maybe I just read this particular quote wrong? Aren't they just left/right mouth pieces who ultimately further the same agenda?

Maybe I'm completely missing what you are trying to say here...

You know I gave this some thought and no, FOX is not part of the "evil" MSM, as we know it. They have their own little place in cable land. One where truths are told to offset all the propaganda. They are our only hope for the truth getting out. So yeah I am suggesting that Americans are not stupid for watching FOX.

+46 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

You have got to be #$&@ing kidding me...

What exactly gives you that impression? The fact they are critical of Obama? Isn't that what they are supposed to do, given the fact they pander to right wingers?

Isn't this the same network that beat the war drums for Iraq and afghanistan and fed the American people a constant stream of bull# after 9/11 and then televised the death of Iraqi's as if it was some sort of prime time reality show? The same network that has been complicit in covering up lies for the Bush administration is now somehow not a MSM outlet because it is critical of the Democrats?

The same Network that drummed up support for the patriot act and all the things dubya did to get the ball rolling for Obama?

THAT fox news?

You seriously buy this left/right BS, don't you?
edit on 28-7-2013 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Obviously you are the minority on this one. So I say yeah that Fox, the one everyone watches.
You are a prime example of why every one believes the propaganda that CNN is the top news station out there. So step aside, let us enjoy our celebratory party, and let the numbers talk.

+29 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I think you'll find people who share your opinion that fox news is some sort of alternative media source to be in the minority here. So I wont be stepping aside while you pat yourself on the back in some sort of ##snipped## spasm of internet ignorance. I'm not sure if ##snipped## you have just been watching too much fox news, but apparently you missed the 8 years preceding President Obama when your freedoms (which you claim to care so much about) were stomped on. I guess it only matters now that you have a Democrat to blame.

edit on Sun Jul 28 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   

So you are losing this one and have to resort to vulgar comments to try and derail the thread? Pitiful... Since when should other presidents past actions have anything to do with the here and now, and most importantly, a discussion on news stations?

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Obviously you are the minority on this one. So I say yeah that Fox, the one everyone watches.
You are a prime example of why every one believes the propaganda that CNN is the top news station out there. So step aside, let us enjoy our celebratory party, and let the numbers talk.

LOL what!?!?!? FOX is the definition of mainstream media! I don't understand how you can even make these delusional statements. I have no doubt in my mind that you are in the minority on this one.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
reply to post by elouina

I think you'll find people who share your opinion that fox news is some sort of alternative media source to be in the minority here. So I wont be stepping aside while you pat yourself on the back in some sort of masturbatory spasm of internet ignorance. I'm not sure if you've recently suffered a severe head wound or you have just been watching too much fox news, but apparently you missed the 8 years preceding President Obama when your freedoms (which you claim to care so much about) were stomped on. I guess it only matters now that you have a Democrat to blame.

There's no need to be so rude, but whatever floats your boat. Having an opinion is one thing, but you don't have to express it in a way that makes you a jerk.

I see exactly what the OP is saying. For awhile Fox was on my crap-list. It's still not great, but I am sure there has been an improvement.

I figure that they might have realized they were making massive errors and losing viewers, and are now taking steps to correct themselves. That's what good business does. We will all have to see how it turns out, but for right now, I definitely rate them above MSN, ABC, NBC, and CNN.

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   

So you are losing this one and have to resort to vulgar comments to try and derail the thread? Pitiful... Since when should other presidents past actions have anything to do with the here and now, and most importantly, a discussion on news stations?

How am I "losing this one"?

Your posts are all over this board decrying the erosion of civil liberties and the disrespect shown by the current administration for the constitution, yet here you are doing some sort of awkward internet victory dance for the very network that was instrumental in convincing Americans to give up their liberties in the first place.

Are you going to tell me George w. Bush was justified in trampling on the U.S constitution but Obama isn't?

Pitiful indeed.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   

And is CNN and MSNBC talking about the scandals? The very scandals that Obama says are old news and phony? The only reason those scandals are old news is because Obama stalls and never antes up any evidence that is asked for. And then promises an investigation that is done by the very perpetrators of the injustice.

During the last election, I could see straight through Obama with his nasty election tactics. His opponent wouldn't have even had coverage if it wasn't for FOX. So yes, Fox is preserving the last vestige of our liberties. I don't care what you have felt about the Fox of the past. But if it wasn't for them, we would be one step closer to communism.

+18 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Is this an ATS post or a feaux news advertisement?
Because while all the msm is bad, fox takes lying to a professional level.

This is exactly the bs they would have you believe.
Fox news on 911 - lies
On the iraq wars and wmds - lies
on obama - lies - and they could torch him on real stuff but don't. They need it to be flimsy
On healthcare - lies - obamacare is not socialized medicine its corporatized medicine
on the 2008 crash - lies - they put the blame on home owners
I could do this all night but I don't have the time.

Addendum: don't even get me started on science, which fox news doesn't seem to think exists, or how they did their best to defend the bp corporation with a bunch of coverups, or their non existent coverage of radiation spilling into the pacific. This thread is an epic fail when facts are applied. Sorry to be so harsh, but I gotta call it like it is. And no one is served by believing that fox news is truthful or derends liberty.
edit on 28-7-2013 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

So what do you think folks? Americans aren't as stupid as previously thought, now are they? They know a good case of Pravda propaganda when they see it. .

Oh my, the irony is too much.

edit on 28-7-2013 by DeepVisions because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   

And is CNN and MSNBC talking about the scandals? The very scandals that Obama says are old news and phony? The only reason those scandals are old news is because Obama stalls and never antes up any evidence that is asked for. And then promises an investigation that is done by the very perpetrators of the injustice.

During the last election, I could see straight through Obama with his nasty election tactics. His opponent wouldn't have even had coverage if it wasn't for FOX. So yes, Fox is preserving the last vestige of our liberties. I don't care what you have felt about the Fox of the past. But if it wasn't for them, we would be one step closer to communism.

Wow. Cnn isn't doing it's job to fulfill its responsibility to journalistic integrity when there is a Democrat in the White House. Imagine that

That must mean Fox News is a reliable alternative news source that is completely unbiased and not part of the MSM at all!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join