It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MUFON’s best UFO video case of 2012

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Krokodil

We don't stabilize planes to be still (check crazy videos of planes trying to land during wind gusts)

Really...

What about a Harrier jet?

Alien technology must be behind ours if they can't figure out a way for them to hover, because we have seemed to be able to do it as shown in the video.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
Drone?

Drone
if we disagree in another thread, is it ok to agree here? I think it's a drone too. Not specifically the AR Drone but another....quad copter. There are several on the market and you can even design and build your own.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Really? This is MUFONS best case of 2012?

It's a balloon. It looks like a ballon, it behaved like a balloon.... This is ridiculous

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Well, it doesn't really behave like a balloon, it does appear to be relatively stable and stationary as far as any reference points can be seen.

As for an RC drone then 30 mins flying time seems a bit long - as does distance for control. Although there isn't 30 continuous minutes of video.

Then there is the description of it ascending and the flashing lights.

None of which is ground breaking or conclusive proof of anything, nor is it claimed to be other than the best video footage submitted to MUFON in 2012 where the object is currently unidentified and still under study.

Though I guess because it didn't resemble the end scene in Close Encounters then we should disregard the whole field of Ufology and all other evidence prior or since as some have suggested.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

However it is just as irrelevant to state that we haven't managed to hover a Harrier outside our solar system.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by chunder

As for an RC drone then 30 mins flying time seems a bit long - as does distance for control. Although there isn't 30 continuous minutes of video.

Then there is the description of it ascending and the flashing lights.

30 minutes is doable. The AR Drone gets about 15 out of the box so I imagine a slightly bigger battery would do. The height looks about right also. The drones are semi autonomous so they can hold their position without any user input. Some of the DIY quads are even more impressive.

The descriptions really don't mean anything anyway.

But...just about all the videos of these things are them doing stuff and moving around. It's hard to just let it hover.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by chunder

However it is just as irrelevant to state that we haven't managed to hover a Harrier outside our solar system.

Actually it is relevant to the question asked?

I never said it could hover outside our solar system, but the comment was about not making planes that hover and I showed we can and we do...

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Fair enough - strike irrelevant from post.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

Ultimately unlikely to be positively identified unless someone comes forward and in the absence of any more detailed footage, extreme manoeuvres or other stand outs then on its own pretty mundane.

I guess the main point was that MUFON can only work with what is submitted so why the bashing from others !

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by chunder

Agree. Could be any number of things even an alien space ship. My personal opinion is that the footage could be recreated with a quad copter but that doesn't make it so and I'm too lazy to get mine up in the air, film it and post it just to prove a point. Maybe I will some day.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join